Chitkara University is located in Chandigarh, Punjab and was established in the year 2002. The University offers B.E, BCA, B.Arch, BBA, B.Com, B.Sc., B.A., B.Physio, B.Optom, B.Pharma, Pharm.D, BFA and B.Des. courses at the UG level. Chitkara University offers M.E, M.Sc., MBA, MCA, M.Pharma, M.Physio, M.Optom, B.Ed. and M.A courses at the PG level. The University also offers Ph.D. course in 8 specializations at the Research level.
- For B.E, applicants must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with at least 60% marks.
- Admission to BE will be done on the basis of JEE Main scores.
- For B.Arch, applicants must have completed 10+2 with Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects with minimum 50% marks.
- Admission to B.Arch will be done on the basis of scores in the NATA or the JEE Main Paper 2.
- For B.Physio and B.Optom, the applicants must have completed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects and minimum 50% marks.
- Admission to BCA, BBA, B.Com, B.Sc., B.Physio, B.Optom, B.Pharma, Pharm.D. courses will be done on the basis of merit and performance in a personal interview.
- For B.Des course, seats will be allotted on the basis of UCEED scores and performance in personal interview.
- Admission to BFA, B.Des Game Design, B.Sc. (Animation and Interior Design) is done on the basis of CUDAT.
- Candidates who have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with 50% marks are eligible to apply for the respective PG courses.
- Admission to ME and M.Pharm will be done on the basis of scores obtained in an entrance test and performance in a personal interview, both of which will be conducted by the University.
- Admission to MBA will be done on the basis of scores in the CAT / MAT / NMAT / XAT / CMAT followed by a performance in the group discussion and personal interview rounds.
- For M.Sc., MCA, M.Physio, M.Optom and B.Ed. course, seats will be allotted on the basis of performance in the qualifying examination of the Bachelor’s degree and performance in the personal interview.
- Ph.D. admission is based on the university-based entrance followed by an interview. GATE/ GPAT/ CSIR-NET/ UGC-NET or equivalent national level examinations scores are also aceptable.
Read More: Chitkara University Course & Fee Structure
|Name of the University||Chitkara University|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance test / Merit based|
|Name of the Entrance Test||B.E. – JEE Main|
|B.Arch. – NATA / JEE Main Paper 2|
|B.Des. – UCEED|
|MBA – CAT / MAT / NMAT / XAT / CMAT|
Chitkara University Important Dates 2021 (Tentative)
|Entrance Name||Application Start Date||Application End Date||Exam Date|
|CAT||August 7, 2019||September 25, 2019||November 24, 2019|