I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, formerly Punjab Technical University (PTU), is a State University located in Jalandhar, India. It was established by an act of State Legislature in 1997, to promote technical, management and pharmaceutical education. It was established as Punjab Technical University and renamed as I.K.Gujral Punjab Technical University by State Government in the honour of Late Shri Inder Kumar Gujral, Former Prime Minister of India, in 2015.
- PTU is conducting daily direct counselling for the offered courses. Know More
- PTU is inviting applications to B.tech and B.Pharm Lateral Entry Admission 2021. Apply Now
- PTU is inviting application form or admission to the offered course. Interested students can apply for admission through the official website of the institute. Apply
The university offers B.Tech, B.Pharm., B.Pharm(Lateral), B.Tech.(Lateral), and B.Arch degree course at the undergraduate level and M.Tech., M.Arch., MBA, M.Sc., MCA, MCA (Lateral), and M.A. degree at postgraduate level. This university also imparts education through distance learning. For further information visit PTU Distance Education Admission.
- Candidates have to apply through the online mode only.
- For admission to B.Tech, candidate must have passed 10+2 in science stream with minimum 50% marks.
- Admission to B.Arch is done on the basis of NATA entrance exam .
- For B.Arch., candidate must pass 10+2 examination with mathematics as subject and minimum 50% marks.
- Admission to B.Tech is done on the basis of JEE Main entrance exam.
- For BTech (Lateral), candidate must have passed Diploma or B.Sc. with atleast 45% marks from recognized university.
- Admission to B.Pharma (Lateral) is done on the basis of Diploma in Pharmacy with atleast 45% marks.
- To apply for the postgraduate level courses, candidates must have passed bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
- Admission to MBA is done on the basis of CMAT scores and minimum eligibility is Bachelor’s degree with minimum three-year duration.
- Admission to MCA is done on the basis of inter-se-merit basis and candidate must pass Bachelor’s degree with mathematics in 10+2 or at graduation level.
- For MCA (Lateral), candidate must pass BCA, B.Sc (IT/Computer Science) with Mathematics as a subject with atleast 50% marks.
- Admission to MCA (Lateral) is done on the basis of inter-se-merit basis.
- To be eligible for M. Tech courses, candidates must have a valid GATE score.
- Admission to M.Pharm is done on the basis of GPAT scores.
- Candidate must pass B.Pharm with atleast 55% marks from recognized university.
- For M.Tech, candidate must pass B.E./ B.Tech in relevant discipline from recognized university.
- Admission to Ph.D. is done on the basis of synopsis and personal interview conducted by the university.
I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University Admission Highlights
|Name of the Institute||I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Entrance Exam and Merit Based|
|Name of Entrance||JEE Main, GATE, GPAT and NATA|