Latest Update: Madras University is inviting application form for admission to the PhD course for the January session. Interested applicants can apply through the official website of the university. Apply
Madras University, a premium university in Tamil Nadu, offers admission to Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Research as well as Diploma, PG Diploma & Certificate courses in the field of Arts, Science, Commerce, and Management. The university offers UG courses through its constituent colleges present at Nemmeli and Thiruvottiyur. For further information visit Madras University Distance Admission.
Madras University comprises 18 Schools along with 68 departments of post-graduate teaching and research. At present, the university consists of 109 affiliated colleges along with 5 approved Institutions (Diploma/Certificate Courses), 16 Stand-alone Institutions for MBA/MCA courses and 52 approved Research Institutions.
The university also caters a revolutionary Earn while you learn scheme for PG & Research courses. Under this scheme, you can work as a laboratory assistant/Technical assistant or Library assistant on part-time monthly basis. In lieu of your work, the university will give you a suitable amount as a stipend.
- UG admission is based on merit secured in the qualifying examination.
- MBA & MCA admissions are offered on the basis of candidates’ performance in TANCET conducted by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE) Tamil Nadu.
- Admission to M.Sc course except for M.Sc (Photonics & Biophotonics/ Yoga) is offered on the basis of Entrance Test conducted by Madras University followed by evaluation of marks obtained in the relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- For M.Lib.i.Sc., MSW and some specializations of MA, the admission is granted on the basis of marks in the relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- Madras University also conducts Entrance Test for some specializations of MA along with M.Ed, Master in Journalism, M.Com, Master in LAW (ML) and M.Tech courses.
- M.Phil & Ph.D. admissions are subject to university-based Written Test followed by an interview.
- Application form can be filled online by visiting the official website of Madras University.
Read More: Madras University Fees Structure
Madras University Admission Highlights 2021
|Name of University||Madras University|
|Type of University||State University|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Diploma, PG Diploma, Ph.D. and M.Phil.|
|Basic Admission Criteria||UG/MA/MSW/M.Sc (except for certain specializations)/ M.Li.I.Sc: Marks in the last qualifying degree|
|Certain specialization of MA/ M.Sc and M.Ed/ Master in Journalism/ M.Com/ Master of Law: Entrance Test+ Merit in last qualifying degree|
|M.Phil/ Ph.D.: Entrance Test+ Interview|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|