The World University of Design (WUD) is a private university established in the year 2017. The university is located in Sonepat, Haryana. The university is recognized by COA and approved by AICTE. The World University of Design provides a high-quality study environment to the students. The World University of Design offers B.Des, BBA, BVA and B.Arch program at the UG level and offers M.Des, MVA and MBA courses at the PG level. It also offers Diploma courses at the UG level. The university has international collaborations with many universities like University of Huddersfield, Oxford Bookes University, University of the west of Scotland etc. The university aims to build a generation of creative professional designers who are capable of serving the change for the growth and development of the diverse sectors of various industry segments.
World University of Design Highlights
Dr. Hukum Chand Bansal
Type of University
Hostel, Wi-Fi, Cafeteria,
Schools at World University of Design
- School of Architecture
- School of Design
- School of Fashion
- School of Communication
- School of Visual Arts
- School of Management
World University of Design Courses and Eligibility
World University of Design Undergraduate Programme
- The World University of Design offers 4-year, B.Des. and BVA programme, BBA programme of 3- year duration and 5-year B.Arch. programme.
- The students who have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam like AISSCE/ IBICSE/ State Board with relevant marks are eligible for the undergraduate programme.
World University of Design Postgraduate Programme
- The World University of Design offers M.Des., MVA, MBA programme of 2-year duration.
- There are total 30 seats available in all of these courses.
- The students who have completed their graduation in the field of architecture, design and engineering are eligible for M.Des. programme.
- The students who have completed their bachelor’s degree with minimum 50% aggregate are eligible for MBA course.
World University of Design Diploma Programme
- The World University of Design offers 1-year diploma programme in various specializations like fashion designing, graphics and web designing, photography, professional automotive modeling.
- The course duration of the diploma programme is 1-year.
- The students who have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with relevant aggregate are eligible for the programme.
Know more about WUD Courses and Fee
World University of Design Admissions
- The university offers an online mode of application.
- The students are selected for the programme on the basis of the score of an aptitude test.
- The valid score of NIFT, CEED, UCEED are also considered.
- Architecture admission is based on performance in NATA, JEE.
- MBA admission is done through valid score in WUDMAT/CAT/XAT/MAT examination.
- The students who are shortlisted in the aptitude test have to appear in a personal interview conducted by the interview panel.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer of admission to join WUD.
Know more about WUD Admissions
World University of Design Scholarships
- The World University of Design offers scholarships covering part/full academic fee for the entire duration of the program.
- The university offers scholarships to the students on the basis of merit.
- The students availing scholarships will be required to meet the academic performance criteria for each semester.
- The students are expected to meet pre-defined academic standards including maintaining a minimum CGPA of 7.0 for the continuation of the scholarship.
- There are some more special scholarships provided to the Wards of Defence Personnel, Wards of Serving Teachers, Single Girl Child, Sports, performing arts.