Boston University is a private research nonprofit university located in Boston, Massachusetts, United States. Established in 1839, it is categorized as R1 doctoral university with very high research activity and is a part of Boston Consortium of Higher Education.
Programs, Campus & Residence
- More than 300 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs are offered through 18 schools and colleges.
- Popular majors are - Business, Management, Marketing; Biological and Biomedical Sciences; Public Administration and Social Service Professions; Social Sciences; and Computer and Information Sciences.
- The university campus occupies an area of 135 acres and has the 10th largest housing programs in the US holding 75% of the student population on campus.
Boston University Admission Process
|Requirements||Transcripts, LOR, SOP|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS/CELOP|
|Application Fee||UG programs - USD 80; graduate programs – USD 85|
|Intake Season||November 1|
|Additional Requirements||Resume; personal statement; proof of financial support|
Applications for UG programs are submitted through Common Application. Applications for graduate programs are submitted on the official website.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Books & Supplies ||1,000|
|Room & Board ||15,720|
- 39% of students are awarded some form of financial aid.
- Average need-based scholarship offered is of USD 36,055.
Boston University has 342,000 people in its alumni network who receive alumni benefits like career services, insurance programs, library services, store discounts and more.