Vanderbilt University is a private research university established in 1873. It is located in Nashville, Tennessee. The University enrolls approximately 12,800 students from all 50 U.S states and over 100 foreign countries.
Vanderbilt University provides various courses in almost every field through its ten colleges. The most popular majors offered by the university are:-
- Social sciences
- Political science
Why Choose Vanderbilt University?
- It had an endowment of $4.6 Billion in the year 2018.
- Vanderbilt’s DNA databank is largest holding over 225,000 samples
- Vanderbilt University is the founding member of the southeastern Conference.
- The university is affiliated with several research centers including the Robert Penn Warren Center for humanities, the Freedom Forum first amendment center and the Dryer observatory.
- Vanderbilt’s institute of space and defense electronics is the largest of its type in the world and provides support to many companies such as NASA, United State department of defense etc.
- 66% of the undergraduate students receive some sort of financial aid
- University School of Medicine receives $1 million grant as one of the nation’s 11th top medical schools transforming medical education
Vanderbilt University Programs, Faculty and Divisions
The university offers various graduate, undergraduate, PhD, and M.D programs categorized under different schools and colleges:
- College of Arts and Science
- Blair School of Music
- School of Engineering
- Peabody College of Education and Human Development
- The Graduate School
- Law School
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- Owen Graduate School of Management
- Divinity School
Vanderbilt University Campus and Residence
- Vanderbilt University has a 330 acres campus located a mile and a half southwest of downtown Nashville.
- University also comprised of 38 Residence halls & apartments, and 24 Fraternity and sorority houses which accommodate 5,901 students.
- Other than providing on-campus housing facility the university also assist students in finding off-campus housing to its students
- 90% of the undergraduate students live on campus
Vanderbilt University Admission Process
Pre-requisites for Admission into Vanderbilt University
- Official transcripts
- SAT/ACT scores (undergraduates) and GRE/GMAT scores (graduate applicants) Secondary school report (undergraduates)
- Recommendation from the counsellor and two teacher’s recommendations (undergraduates)
- Three letters of recommendation (graduates)
- Statement of purpose (graduates)
- Resume/CV (graduates)
- IELTS/TOEFL scores (International applicants)
- Apply directly through the online application portal on the official website
- Application deadline is 1st January
- Application fee for undergraduate students is $50
- Both undergraduate and graduate courses can be applied through same website.
Vanderbilt University Cost of Attendance
Average tuition fee for domestic and international students are tabulated below:
|Books and Supplies||$1,294|
|Student Activities and Recreation Fees||$1,216|
Vanderbilt University Scholarships, Bursaries and Financial Aids
- The average financial aid package among all undergraduates was $49,242
- For first-year students, average need-based scholarship package includes 97% gift aid and 3% work
- University Graduate Fellowship stipend granted is up to $5000
- The range of awards offered is between $9,291 - $75,177 per year for four years
Vanderbilt University Alumni
Alumni have an alumni network of more than 139, 000across the globe. Alumni of Vanderbilt University get multiple benefits such as:-
- Library access
- Continuous education
- Travelling opportunities
List of notable alumni is:
- Molly Sims: Model, Super Model, Actor
- James Patterson: Television Producer, Novelist, Film Producer
- Dinah Shore: Actor, Singer, Presenter
- John Amaechi: Basketball Player, Athlete
- John D. Arnold: Trade, Businessperson, Entrepreneur
- Robert Penn Warren: Poet, Novelist