The University of Rochester is a private research university established in the year 1850 in Lattimore Hall, Rochester, United States. It is one of the smallest and most collegiate schools among the top research universities.
The University of Rochester offers 200 courses in various fields. The most sought- after majors at University of Rochester are:-
- Social sciences
- Biological and biomedical sciences
- Visual and performing arts
Why Choose the University of Rochester?
- The University of Rochester has spent $346 Million on research and development in 2016 according to the National Science Foundation ranking.
- It had endowment of $2.51 billion in the year 2017-2018.
- The department of chemistry of the university had made major contributions to synthetic organic chemistry.
- The Eastman School of Music of the university has been ranked first among music schools in the US.
- It pioneered the “Take Five Scholar Program” which is termed as one of the most innovative liberal arts programs in the country by the New York Times
University of Rochester Programs, Faculty and Division
The University of Rochester offers more than 200-degree programs that includes, 75 undergraduate programs, 50 graduate programs, and other research programs through following colleges:-
- Arts, Sciences and Engineering
- Eastman School of Music
- Eastman Institute of Oral Health
- Hajim School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- School of Arts and Sciences
- School of Medicine and Dentistry
- School of Nursing
- Simon Business School
- Warner Graduate School of Education
University of Rochester Campus and Residents
The University of Rochester has a campus of 655 acres in the suburban setting. The university is segregated into three campuses i.e River Campus, Eastman school of music and South Campus.
- College offers guaranteed accommodation to undergraduate students
- Around 4100 students can be accommodated in the residence facility of university.
- There are 36 different types of residence halls for students.
University of Rochester Admission Process
Pre-Requisites for admission into University of Rochester
- Test scores: SAT/ACT for UG students; GRE/GMAT for graduate students
- English language proficiency test score: TOEFL; IELTS
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Graded writing samples (undergraduates)
- Resume or CV (graduate students)
- Additional documents as specified by department one is applying for
University of Rochester Application Process
- Applicants can apply through official website of University.
- Both undergraduates and graduates can apply through same portal.
- Application deadline is 5th January
- Application fee is $50
University of Rochester Cost of Attendance
Average estimated cost of attendance for the university has been tabulated below:-
|Cost of Attendance||$72,375|
|Room and board||$15,860|
|Books and supplies||$1,310|
University of Rochester Scholarships, Bursaries and Financial Aid
The University of Rochester offers financial aids such as scholarships, grants, loans, and outside scholarships.
- Community scholarships of $100,000 per year for students whose family income is less
- Around 30% of students received merit based scholarship of average amount $15,124.
- 99% students received need based financial aid of an average amount of $42,106
University of Rochester Alumni network
University of Rochester has more than 110,000 across the globe. University of Rochester’s alumni will get benefits like
- Traveling clubs
- Business resources
- Lifelong education
- Career resources
List of Notable Alumni-
- Mary Armstrong – Vice President of Boeing
- Myles Brand – President of the NCAA
- Susan Hockfield – first women president of MIT (2004 – 2012)
- David Kearns – Former CEO of Xerox
- Cathy Minehan – President and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- David Satcher – Former U.S. Surgeon General
- Andy Thomas – CEO of Heineken USA