Syracuse University is a private research university in Syracuse, New York, USA. It was established in 1870 and students from more than 50 U.S states and 126 countries are part of the university.
Syracuse University offers more than 400 programs in different fields. The most popular majors of the university are:-
- Communication and journalism
- Social sciences
- Business management and marketing
- Visual and performing arts.
Why Choose Syracuse University?
- Syracuse University had an endowment of $1.2 billion in the year 2017.
- It has more than 30 research centres and institutes of numerous fields.
- The University was awarded with 79.3 million USD in 2016 for research, teaching and other programs.
- The library of the university has more than 4.5 million titles.
Syracuse University Programs, Faculties, and Divisions
Syracuse University offers more than 200 majors, 100 minors, and 200 advanced degree programs through 13 institutes. The following schools and colleges are under the University:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Engineering & Computer Science
- College of Visual & Performing Arts
- David B. Falk College of Sport & Human Dynamics
- Martin J. Whitman School of Management
- Maxwell School of Citizenship & Public Affairs
- S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
- School of Architecture
- School of Education
- School of Information Studies
- College of law
- Part time study at Syracuse :- University college (UC)
- Graduate School
Syracuse University Campus and Residence
- The university is segregated into three parts one main campus, known as North Campus, South campus and Downtown campus.
- The campus is spread across 683 acres.
- Syracuse University has 21 residential halls that can accommodate over 8,000 students
- The University requires all the arriving students to live on campus during their first two years of enrolment.
Syracuse University Admission Process
Pre-requisite for admission into Syracuse University
- Test scores: SAT/ACT for UG students; GRE/GMAT for graduate students
- English language proficiency test score: TOEFL; IELTS; or PTE
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- VISA information form
- Resume or CV(graduate students)
- Additional documents as specified by department one is applying for
- Candidates can apply through online application portal on the official website.
- Application deadline is 1st January
- Application fee is 75 USD.
Syracuse University Cost of Attendance
The average estimated cost of attendance of Syracuse University has been tabulated below:-
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Housing and meals||15,550|
|Books and supplies||1,500|
Syracuse University Scholarships, Bursaries and Financial Aids
- Syracuse University offers need based aids to 42% of students and average amount for the same is 31,062 USD.
- The university offers an average amount of 38,544 USD as scholarships to students every year.
- Almost 27% of students receive merit based scholarships.
Syracuse University Alumni Network
Syracuse University has more than 258,716 alumni in 50 US states, 171 countries, and territories worldwide. The alumni are provided with the following benefits and services:
- Career Services
- Insurance Programs
- Syracuse University Alumni ID
- Alumni Tours
- Transcripts and Diplomas
List of some of the notable alumni is as follows:-
- David Amber – Reporter, ESPN
- Martin bandier- Chairman and CEO of Sony
- Rachel Green – Protagonist of hot sitcom Friends
- Craig Benson- Former New Hampshire Governor
- David Rockwell – Founder and CEO of Rockwell group.