Purdue University is a public research university, set up in 1929, is located in West Lafayette, Indiana. It offers more than 200 Majors, 2000 researches and have awarded around 90,000 degrees to its students. Purdue University is also a part of Big Ten Academic Alliance. Some of the popular majors at Purdue are:
- Computer Science
Why Choose Purdue University?
- The largest university-affiliated incubation park in the U.S.
- Alumni include 23 NASA astronauts, 4 Nobel Prize Laureates, 2 World Food Prize Laureates, and 3 National Medal of Technology and Innovation Laureates.
- Has generated 131 licensing deals, 178 U.S. and global patents, and 25 start- ups. The Big 10 average number of start-ups is 6.
Purdue University Schools and Colleges
The 13 colleges and schools that come under Purdue University are:
- College of Engineering
- College of Education
- College of Agriculture
- Exploratory Studies
- College of Liberal Arts
- College of Health and Human Sciences
- College of Pharmacy
- College of Science
- Honors College
- Krannert School of Management
- Purdue Polytechnic Institute
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- The Graduate School
Campus and Housing Facilities at Purdue University
It has a campus of 2602 acres comprising 2 malls, with East and West Campuses and a Stadium Avenue. Having 17 residential halls, 5 Windsor Halls and 12 Cooperative Houses to accommodate 40% of the total population.
Purdue University Admission Process
Pre-Requisites for Admission into Purdue University
- Official Transcripts.
- Test scores- SAT/ACT (for UG Program); GRE/GMAT (for Graduate Program)
- English language proficiency test- TOEFL, IELTS.
- Letter of Recommendation.
- Apply on the official website, on a payment of $60 for Common Application form (for UG).
- A three step application process for Graduate students. Application will be evaluated by the academic department, and forward the application to the Graduate School.
Purdue University Cost of Attendance
Estimated annual average cost of attendance at Purdue University is tabulated below –
|ESTIMATED TOTAL||USD 46,11|
Scholarships and Financial Aid Offered by Purdue University
41% UG students have received some need based financial aid. An average need-based scholarship or grant awarded at Purdue University is USD 12,782.
Purdue University Alumni
Alumni of Purdue University provide membership (Purdue Alumni Student Experience) PASE. Alumni who have this membership receive offers like:
- Access to travel programs.
- Invites to Social events.
- Annual membership card to get discounts in local stores and restaurants, etc.
- Discounts on Purdue Merchandise.
Some of the notable alumni include:
- Neil Armstrong- Astronaut
- Drew Brees- American Football Player
- CNR Rao- Chemist
- Edward Mills Purcell- Physicist