University of New England: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Founded in 1983, University of New England in Armidale is the first public Australian University located outside the state capital city. It was with the aim of providing a personal and flexible approach to learning to students in Australia and all across the globe. It offers degree programs as well as online courses in various disciplines including Humanities, Arts, Social Sciences, Education, Medicine and Health, Science, Agriculture, Business and Law.
As a result of partnership of the University with industry, business and community, it directs the focus of the students towards the opportunities lying in the various industries. International students comprise 7.3% of all the students studying in the University. Over 18,000 online students have been studying over 170 online courses offered by UNE. All these factors indicate that the university is prestigious and diverse, which attracts a number of international applicants to study in Australia.
Due to COVID-19, all the events organised by the University have been either postponed or cancelled until further notice.
University of New England Ranking
University of New England is ranked:
- 801-1000 by QS World University Ranking 2020
- 859 by World CWUR Ranking 2019
- 25 in Australia by UniRank
- 701-800 by Shanghai Ranking (ARWU) 2018
- 686 by US News World Ranking 2018
|Annual Budget||346.2 Million AUD|
|Courses||On-campus and online|
|Number of online courses||170|
|Admission helpdesk||+61 (0) 2 6773 2135 or
1800 818 865
University of New England Campus
- Armidale is a peaceful, enjoyable and multicultural town situated in the heart of New England Tableland region of New South Wales and welcomes students from over 80 nations.
- Armidale has numerous second-hand bookstores, local craft & antique stores.
- Monckton Aquatic Centre, eight museums and art galleries and Wollomombi Falls increase the scenic beauty of the city.
- The University of New England campus is situated on 74 hectares of heritage parklands, overlooking the beautiful city of Armidale.
- Campus is located in the vicinity of the city centre so the students can get transportation to and from the campus easily.
- Campus has shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, healthcare facilities, a post office and banking facilities.
University of New England Residence
- There are many housing facilities for international students in Australia.
- Monthly rent of dormitories ranges from including heating, electricity and water.
- Residential accommodations are fully furnished with facilities like unlimited internet, cleaning of common areas, academic and personal support services.
- EPC Accommodation package provides on-campus accommodation to students at cost of 170 AUD per week.
- Further benefits of such accommodation are swipe card access, free shuttle bus from library and parking adjacent to the college.
- Rooms are accommodated with common bathrooms, music room, communal garden, communal kitchen, refrigerator, oven and storage room.
University of New England Programs
- UNE offers more than 200 courses at undergraduate, postgraduate coursework and higher degree research levels with options to study online or on campus.
- All the programs are taught by internationally recognised professors with diverse professional, research and community background.
- UNE involves various faculties:
- Faculty of Humanities, Arts, Social Sciences and Education – It includes various disciplines of study like writing, language, sociology, archaeology, philosophy, theatre, media and communication, indigenous studies and education.
- Faculty of Medicine and Health – It offers courses, training and research in disciplines like psychology, health management, nursing, medicine and pharmacy.
- Faculty of Science, Agriculture, Business and Law – It involves imparting knowledge to the students in areas like agriculture, environmental science, biomedical science, economics, business and law.
- 170 Online courses are offered by the University of New England and hence providing distance education to students all across the globe.
University of New England Admission Process
International students need to fulfill some additional requirements in order to be eligible for admission at the University of New England. A brief description of the admission process is given below:
- Application Form: International students can apply through an agent or directly apply online.
- Application Fee: No fee
- Application deadlines: Trimester 1: November; Trimester 2: May
- Common requirements
- Academic transcripts
- Award certificates
- Supplementary documents information (if required) along with degree/diploma- (for PG admissions)
- Additional requirements
- Personal identification document (e.g. passport)
- Portfolio (required for particular courses)
- Visa details
- Students may be called for interviews or auditions for some courses. For Research students:
- Brief description of research proposal/topic
- Referee Reports
- The following table shows English Proficiency Test score requirements for UG and PG admissions:
University of New England Cost of Attendance
- Visa applicants and their family members must have following funds annually to meet living costs requirements along with the tuition fee:
- 21,041 AUD – Student
- 7,362 AUD - Student’s partner
- 3,152 AUD - Each child
|Tuition fee (Bachelor’s degree)||24,0800 – 31,600 AUD|
|Tuition fee (Master’s degree)||26,800 – 33,856 AUD|
University of New England Financial Aid
- There are many options to arrange funds for studying in Australia.
- UNE offers financial aid to talented students in the form of different scholarships:
- Academic Scholarship
- Equity scholarship
- Sporting scholarship
- Residential scholarship
- The Thyne Reid UNE Scholarship offers the students a grant of 6,000 AUD annually.
- Destination Australia Scholarship offers financial aid of 15,000 AUD to Bachelor’s and Master’s students per annum.
- Betty J Fyffe Scholarship, offering an amount of 4000 AUD annually is awarded only to the students through invitation.
- The William Mcilrath Scholarship offers the students a grant of 10,000 AUD in first year and then 4,000 AUD in following years.
University of New England Alumni
- UNE celebrates the success of its alumni by Alumni Awards, newsletters and their webpage.
- Notable Alumni of University of New England are:
- Natalie Bennette – British politician and journalist
- Don Aitkin – Former Chairman of Australia’s National Capital Authority
- Amanda Diana Bishop – Australian actress, singer and comedian
- Donald Hugh Walker – Australian musician, songwriter and author
University of New England Placements
- With the help of The UNE Employability and Careers Office students can register themselves and get information regarding the available job opportunities.
- University organises job fairs every year to provide students with full-time, part-time and freelance opportunities.
- Students pursuing nursing courses are provided with Clinical Placement which offers them a training environment and understanding of specified areas of practice.
QS World University
RANKED #801 - #1000
The atmosphere and educational expectations of this institution drawn my interest. I have registered online and charged the $40 application fee because I believe a degree from this college would be helpful to my future. Aside from that, all of my prior grades were considered.
Course Curriculum :
Our college maintained that the best way to learn anything is to try it, and our programme stressed practical practise over abstract understanding. We had a lot of hands-on research experiences here, as well as the chance to study with other students and learn about other cultures with them.
The college's impressive architecture, up-to-date courses, and lovely environment drew me in, and I decided to enroll and pursue my graduation here. I had to pay a $40 processing fee and submit my application through the college's online platform for the admission process.
Course Curriculum :
I gained a better understanding of agricultural topics and how things works in real life as a result of my course. I was also offered a lot of practical experience to help me better understand the course.
My aim was to study abroad after high school and from childhood. I was owned by the thought of pursuing my education in the field of zoology. The name of the university, University of New England was suggested to me by my counselor and while applying I was also provided an expert from the university.
Course Curriculum :
I am provided with a thorough knowledge of the diversity of the animal kingdom and an understanding of how diversity arose through a research-led-and-informed curriculum. Through this interesting curriculum, I am also enabled to graduate with practical laboratory and fieldwork skills, critical problem-solving skills, and excellent communication skills.
- Book Store
- Bus Station
- Train Station
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary