Rourkela Institute of Management Studies (RIMS), Rourkela is recognized among the leading B-schools of the country by celebrated business magazines. The institute is ranked A+++ B-school by Business India and ranked 17th in India by Business Barons. Established in 1984, it is one of the premier business schools in the country. RIMS offers various courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level in Management, Computer Application and Journalism.
Over the years, the Institute has produced many meritorious students, who today are associated with several leading organizations not only in India but abroad as well, with many of them holding top positions in various MNCs. Students of RIMS have always been go-getters and have brought laurels to the institute by securing top ranks in university exams and subsequently, winning Gold Medals. Furthermore, the institute also provides up to 25% scholarship to the deserving students.
Rourkela Institute of Management Studies Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1984 | Private-Unaided|
|Affiliated to||Biju Patnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Odisha
Sambalpur University ISU, Odisha
|Accredited by||NBA & NAAC|
National: CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ NIMCET
|Courses Offered||UG & PG|
|Application Mode||Online & Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based + Entrance Test + GD & PI|
|Top Recruiters||IBM, Capgemini, Net Connect Pvt. Ltd., HDFC Bank, Jeruel Global Pvt. Ltd., Bourbaki Technologies, Sirena Technologies, Emax Technologies|
|Number of Faculty||32|
|Total Books in Library||29,250|
|Admission Helpdesk||7064400315/ 330/ 303/ 313/ 327/ 328/ 300|
|Location||Institutional Area, Gopabandhu Nagar, Chhend,
|How to Reach||Approximately 8 Kilometres from Rourkela Railway Station and less than 9 Kilometres from Rourkela Bus Stand|
Rourkela Institute of Management Studies Courses
RIMS Rourkela offers UG and PG Courses in the discipline of Management, IT and Journalism and Mass Communication. Tabulated below are the details for same:
|BBA||Business Administration||10+2 with a minimum of 40% from a recognized board
Valid UGAT score
|BCA||Computer Application||10+2 with a minimum of 50% from a recognized board|
|BJMC||Journalism and Mass Communication||10+2 with a minimum of 40% from a recognized board|
Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category candidates)
BA/BSc (IT/IST/ISM/CS) or equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category candidates)
Rourkela Institute of Management Studies Admission
Admissions are done on the basis of merit and various entrance examinations.
How to apply?
The application process for all courses offered by RIMS Rourkela is online as well as offline. Applicants who wish to apply can submit their applications on the official website of the institute OR they may also download the application form and after filling all the necessary information submit it to the administration office. The final selection will be done on the basis of the following exams followed by GD + PI:
Rourkela Institute of Management Studies Placement
The institute conducts various training for both final and pre-final year students so as to make them ready for the placement season. Well-known brands visit the campus during the placement season each year and hire the best talents. The placements have been quite impressive for RIMS over the years, with students bagging some great job offers with lucrative salaries. Some of the placement highlights are as follows:
|Maximum Salary||INR 5.5 LPA||INR 4.5 LPA|
|Minimum Salary||INR 2.5 LPA||INR 2.5 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 3.5 LPA||INR 3 LPA|
|Average Placement % for last three batches||90%||90%|
|Top Recruiters||IBM, Capgemini, Net Connect Pvt. Ltd., HDFC Bank, Jeruel Global Pvt. Ltd., Status Cluster Pvt. Ltd., Ascent HR, Berger Paints, Airtel, Flipkart||Bourbaki Technologies, Sirena Technologies, Emax Technologies|
Check: RIMS Rourkela Placement
Rourkela Institute of Management Studies Facilities
- Learning Facilities: The Institute has a huge library with more than 29,000 books. There is a facility of online learning through J Gate Plus, British Council Library, National Digital Library, NPTEL, etc. RIMS has well-equipped computer laboratories with more than 250 computer systems.
- Innovation in Teaching: The institute conducts different workshops on various topics, national and international seminars and conferences across the year to give students an opportunity to listen to top academicians, industrialists and corporate experts, and get hands-on training from them.
- International Tie-ups: The institute has tied-up with leading national and international organizations to bring in their work culture & ethics and technological expertise into the system for its smooth running as well as to facilitate innovative and industry-based teaching pedagogy.
- Alumni Association: The institute has an active Alumni Association, called RISTAA. Every year, the association successfully ropes in alumni from different years and conducts the Annual Alumni Meet. This event becomes an important opportunity for existing students to get in touch with the alumni and interact with them and get proper guidance on how to develop their careers.
- Hostel and Mess: RIMS has separate hostels for boys and girls. While the girl's hostel is inside the campus, the boy's hostel is located at a short distance from the college. 24-hour security is provided for the girl's hostel and there is a medical center attached to it. There is also a provision store inside the girl's hostel. The hostel mess is located inside the campus, and there are specific timings for breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner for both boys and girls
Rourkela Institute of Management Studies Faculty
RIMS Rourkela has well-experienced faculty members in which 8 of them hold Ph.D. degrees. It was selected as the Nodal Centre of Ph.D. Research in Management and Computer Science in Western Odisha by BPUT Odisha in 2019. The institute also invites Senior Professors, Renowned Academicians and Corporate Leaders for Guest Lectures. The faculty also provide online classes (through Microsoft Teams) to students after college hours and on weekends.
Check: RIMS Rourkela Faculty
Rourkela Institute of Management Studies FAQs
Ques. What is the total fees for MBA?
Ans. The total fees for the MBA is INR 1,12,000 per year.
Ques. Can I be employed during my course?
Ans. No, these are full-time programs. You will not be able to take on any paid employment through the duration of the program.
Ques. Can I get admission based on the entrance test alone?
Ans. Depending on the admission criteria, the admission will be based on merit in the entrance test or marks in the qualifying examination. However, all candidates must fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements.
Ques. What is OJEE? How can I apply for the exam?
Ans. Odisha Joint Entrance Test (OJEE) is a state-level entrance examination conducted for the candidates seeking admission in various UG or PG courses by OJEE Cell. The exam is conducted every year in two modes i.e. Paper-based mode (Offline) and Computer-based mode (Online).
OJEE 2020 Application form will be available online at the official website and has to be filled in online mode only. There is no provision to submit the application form through offline mode.
Ques. Why Choose Rourkela Institute of Management?
- Eminent Guest Faculties from leading B-School and Corporate
- Wi-Fi Campus
- Well-equipped Computer Lab with state-of-the-art technology
- Separate Hostels for boys and girls
- On-campus SBI ATM
- CSR & Transport Facility
- Continuous Academic Initiative (CAI)
- Two sessions in a year (June & December)
- Industry Institution Interface (III)
- Central Library Facility
- Certificate Program