Bachelor's of Business Administration in Air Travel Management is a three years full-time graduation level course divided into 6 semesters. The course requires a 10+2 pass with a minimum 50% of marks as the admission criteria.
The average annual fees for the course is INR 1- INR 2 lakhs and students would get an average annual salary package of around INR 2- INR 10 LPA.
The BBA Program in Air Travel Management, also known as the BBA in Aviation, includes study of Airport Management, Tourism Management and Aviation Management. It is a specialisation done in the BBA Course.
Note: Students who wish to pursue their education in Management field or get a career boost, can check the MBA course.
After successfully completing the course students can get jobs in various aviation and Travel industries like International Travel and Tourism, Cruise Companies with the designation of Airport Security Manager, Airline Manager, System Manager etc. Or, They can start their own business as Travel Agencies or Tourism Board, etc.
BBA Air Travel Management: Course HighLights
|Full-Form||Bachelor’s of Business Administration in Air Travel Management|
|Admission Process||Merit Based/Entrance Exam by Respected College|
|Course Fee||INR 1.5 LPA|
|Average Salary||INR 4 LPA|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Airlines, Logistics, Airline, Transport Agencies, Hotel and Tourism Agencies|
|Job Positions||Airport Manager, Airport Operations Manager, Flight Catering Manager, Airport Security Manager|
|Eligibility||12th with Minimum 50%|
BBA Air Travel Management: Admission Process
- The Admission Process for the course is like other BBA courses in India.
- The aspirants fill the online admission form by visiting official websites of universities and colleges offering the course.
- Institutions provide admission to the candidates who fulfill the basic eligibility criteria.
- Most of the Indian colleges providing BBA program on Air Travel Management accept admissions for the course on the basis of the merit list made of qualifying exam ( 12th ). Some Institutions conduct their own entrance exam.
- After examining the applications institutes made a final list of selected candidates for the course and asked them to be present for final admission formalities.
BBA Air Travel Management: Eligibility
- 12th pass from any recognized education board with the minimum of 50%
- Different institution have different minimum percentage of marks ( 50%, 55% or 60% )
- If the institute conducts its own entrance exam then candidates will have to secure minimum cutoff marks in the test.
BBA Air Travel Management: Entrance Exams
Many colleges accept admission for the course on the basis of entrance exams. Here we are describing some entrance exams.
- SET -This entrance exam is a common entrance test for various courses like Law, Management, Engineering, Computer Science etc. For Symbiosis College. The full form of SET is Symbiosis Entrance Test.
- IPU CET -This Common entrance test is conducted for Indraprastha University for various Law, Management, and Medical courses.
|Entrance Exams||Application Process||Exam Date|
|SET||The third week of February, 2021||The first week of May, 2021|
|IPU CET||The first week of March, 2021||The second week of May, 2021|
BBA Air Travel Management: How to Get Admission in a Good College?
- A good college will provide you a better knowledge, better industry exposure and a better job placement.
- There is a simple rule to get admission in a good college is clear the entrance exam by securing enough cutoff marks But, following this simple rule requires a great effort.
- Different colleges have different sets of patterns for the entrance exam. Some colleges add GD and PI along with entrance exams and some take GD PI round only for successful candidates in the entrance.
- First of all you should check the cutoff pattern for previous years for a particular college you are looking for admission and plan your preparation accordingly.
- You should have a good command over English language which not only helps to clear the entrance exam but also in the GD PI rounds.
- Second thing that matters is a good academic record. Students need to secure a good percentage of marks in the 12th.
BBA Air Travel Management: What is it about?
- The aviation sector is an international corporate sector that requires competent men power. BBA in Air Travel Management trained candidates in this way.
- More than administration this is a Business Management course includes training for Foreign Language, International Travel Management, Airlines and Airport management etc.
- The 3 years graduation program is especially for the candidates looking for business adventure as their career prospects. The course curriculum includes a practical segment of knowledge by visiting tour and travels industries.
- This is a demanding course and candidates get a good placement package after successful completion of the course in different job profiles.
Why study BBA Air Travel Management?
- The course provides great career exposure to the aviation industry. This is basic knowledge in the field further as you will get the experience you could be promoted in the higher positions.
- Good adventure field of career, candidates would have a chance to get to interact with different organizations and corporate persons. As the Airline or Airport Management, you would have a chance to be among international business operations.
- Air Travel Management is a competitive field requiring good communication skills and different kinds of language knowledge. Smart candidates have a chance to travel with top business and political personalities.
- The course curriculum includes mostly the practical segments candidates have lots of chances to get experience during the course period. After the course candidates can join any private or government Airline or Airport as the interns.
- After BBA in Air Travel Management candidates can join MBA or Ph.D course in Airport Management and could get a salary package of 3 LPA to 10 LPA.
BBA Air Travel Management: Course Comparison
|Parameters||BBA Air Travel Management||BBA Airport Management||BBA Aviation|
|Duration||3 Years||3 Years||3 Years|
|Overview||The course deals with basic knowledge and understanding of organizational functions, covering subjects such as Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, Accounts, Economics and Business Law etc.||BBA Airport Management is a 3 year course for undergraduate students, teaching the details of the management roles and work done in airports.||BBA Aviation provides a strong managerial background in the field of aviation and the airline business. Students can learn airport planning, passenger forecasting, airport security, fire safety, etc.|
|Eligibility||12th with 50%||12th with 60%||12th with 50%|
|Admission Process||Entrance/Merit Based||Entrance/Merit Based||Entrance+GD+PI|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 20,000- 5 LPA||INR 25000-5 Lacs||INR 70000 - 4 Lacks|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 4 LPA - 10 LPA||INR 3 LPA - INR 10 LPA||INR 5 LPA - INR 8.50 LPA|
BBA Air Travel Management: Top Colleges
BBA Air Travel Management: College Comparison
|Parameters||SKYBIRD Aviation||School of Airlines and Travel Management||Aimfill International Institute|
|Average Fees||INR 3.10 LPA||INR 1 LPA||INR 1.5 LPA|
|Average Placement Package||INR 4.50 LPA||INR 2.50 LPA||INR 5 LPA|
BBA Air Travel Management: Syllabus
BBA Air Travel Management: Job Prospects and Career Options
- BBA in Air Travel Management could be the first step for a career in Aviation Industry if students really want to grow further in the field.
- After the course candidates have many sub-industries related to Aviation Industry like - International And National Tour and Travel Industry, Airline and Cruise Companies, Travel Agencies and Tourist resorts etc.
- After the course candidates can join any of the above segments of industry with following job profiles.
BBA Air Travel Management: Job Profiles
|Job Profiles||Work||Average Annual Salary|
|Airline Manager||Management of Airline Services like Services in Airports and Services in Flights||INR 7.60 LPA|
|System Manager||Management of Computer Control System or Airline and Travel Management Companies||INR 3.60 LPA|
|Airport Manager||Management of All Airport Activities from Ticket booking to Fyte Timing||INR 7.80 LPA|
|Airport Security Manager||Management of Security of Airport||INR 7 LPA|
|Air Traffic Controller||Communication and Coordination Management with Pilots for On Air Traffic and Runways||INR 6 LPA|
|Air Field Operator||Management of Air Field, Deals with hurdles so that the flights work as scheduled.||INR 1.60 LPA|
BBA Air Travel Management: Future Scope
Candidates after the course can get a good job with the salary package of around 4-5 LPA but, this is an ongoing process means candidates should keep getting knowledge and experience in the field to grow further in their career.
- Air Travel Management could be a base for further knowledge of Airport and Airline Management.
- Candidates need to improve their communication skills and of course the knowledge in the form of higher education in the field.
- Further Candidates can join MBA in Aviation Management
- They can start their own initiatives as travel agency or Tour Management Agency
- They Also can join Research program in the aviation industry
BBA Air Travel Management: FAQs
Ques. What is the difference between BBA Aviation and BBA Airport Management?
Ans. BBA in Aviation is deals with business coordinations between enterprises of aviation industry this is a complete leadership program in the field and BBA in airport management is deals with the administration and managerial section in the airports.
Ques. Can I do an MBA in aviation in India?
Ans. Yes, you can but you have to have BBA in the same field or equivalent. University of Petroleum and Energy Studies of Dehradun offers MBA in aviation.
Ques.Which aviation courses are available after 12th?
Ans.Students who want to make a career in aviation industry can join any of the following course after 12th - BBA in Business Management, BBA in Aviation, Diploma in Airport Management, Commercial Pilot Training, Diploma in Aviation Hospitality, B.Sc. in Aviation, B.Sc. in Airline and Airport Management, BBA in Airport Management, Aircraft Maintenance Engineering etc.
Ques. How to make a career in Travel and Tourism management ?
Ans.You can enter into the industry by doing any graduation or diploma level courses like BBA in Air Travel Management, B.Sc. in Airline Ticketing and Hospitality Management or Diploma in Destination Management. After the courses you can join any travel or aviation company as Tour Manager, Tourism Officer, Travel agency manager, Travel Agent, Event Coordinator etc.
Ques. Is there any different between BBA in Air Travel Management and BBA in Aviation?
Ans.Yes, although the industry is the same but the difference in their functionality. BBA in Air Travel Management deals with Tour and Travel Management and Hospitality and BBA in Aviation deals with Airport and Airline Management. It also connects with technical departments like Air Traffic and Control etc.
Ques. Is Lovely Professional University good for BBA in Air Travel Management ?
Ans.The LPU university includes in-depth knowledge about airport management and administrations into the course. Also the university has a good placement record for the course it has tie up with national and international airlines, hotels and travel agencies.
The university also provides good student services like Student exchange and semester exchange program, credit and loan facilities and career enhancement by organizing workshops and industry visiting camps.
Ques. How to become an Airport Manager ?
Ans.Airport Manager is a position with high responsibilities requiring good knowledge and experience in the field. There are many ways to become an airport manager. After graduation from engineering you can apply for the Airport Authority of India or any private agency like GMR. Another way you can enter is by doing an MBA in the field and applying. For BBA students, they need to join the industry as interns and get sufficient experience.
AAI recruits candidates through written exam and interview but private agencies require a minimum 3 years of experience.
Ques. Which is the top Entrance Exam for BBA in India?
Ans.Some universities like IIMs in India ask for the entrance exam to get admit for BBA course. Some top entrance exam for BBA are below -
- DU JAT - Delhi University Joint Admission Test
- IP MAT - Integrated Program Management Aptitude Test
- NPAT - NMIMS Management Aptitude Test
- SET - Symbiosis Entrance Test
Ques. Is there any Aviation Management Institute in India?
Ans.Yes, Here are some top Aviation Management Institute in India -
- Institute of Indian Aviation and Allied Management, Bangalore.
- Institute of Logistic and Aviation Management Mumbai
- National Institute of Aviation Training and Management