MCom Financial Management is a 2 year PG degree which focuses on banking financial services, insurance, commerce, accounting, economics, and management subjects. It can be pursued by the students who have a UG degree from any recognized university.
Know More About: Finance Courses
In the MCom Financial Management admission process, the candidate’s marks should be 55% minimum marks at the UG level. Every college eligibility criteria differ, where some colleges allow admission through lists while others conduct entrance exams for the same. The average course fee lies around INR 8,000 to INR 1,50,000.
Post completing MCom Financial Management students can work as Assistant Accountant, Financial Analyst & Manager, Investment Banker and get a salary of INR 3 LPA to INR 7 LPA. In future they can also opt for MBA or Phil courses in the same field.
See Also: List of all MCom Courses 2020
MCom Financial Management: Admission Process
MCom Financial Management admissions are either based on entrance exams or based on the merit lists. Every college’s admissions process is not the same, while many conduct CET and some conduct their own entrance exams depending upon state/national level. The guide to take admissions through entrance exams is as follows:
- Registration: Registration dates are mentioned before examinations by the college. To complete the registration process, candidates have to create an account with basic details of an e-mail I’d, name, contact number, etc.
- Fill up details: The candidates must fill up all the details very carefully. The details filled in the application form must be accurate and genuine.
- Submit documents: The required documents should be scan and upload to the official portal as per the format. The document’s format is different on every college site.
- Application fee: Once all the details are filled in and documents are uploaded, the next process is to pay the application fee. The payment can be done through all the online payment modes.
- Download Admit Card: Admit cards get released once all the candidate’s details are verified. It is mandatory for the candidates to download the admit card and take it to attend the entrance exams.
- Examination: Candidates can prepare with all the subjects mentioned for that particular exam. They can also refer to previous exam question papers to score well.
- Results: Results are released after two to three weeks of the entrance exam. Once candidates get qualified they can further move to the next process.
- Counseling & Admission: Every college held a counseling round for those candidates who have qualified for the entrance exam. They can select the preferred course as per their interest and previous education qualification.
Candidates can apply for the MCom Financial Management course through both online and offline processes. Candidates with merit marks can easily get admission to their desired college/university.
Below mentioned are the steps how candidates can apply for the MCom FM course:
- Visit the official admission portal of the university or can visit the office for the offline admission process.
- Fill the application form with all the required details as prescribed in the portal.
- Once the application process is done, the selection process will get started and the candidate will get allotted.
Checkout: MCom Admission 2021
MCom Financial Management: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for MCom Financial Management is as simple as any other management course. It must be noted that eligibility criteria may differ from college to college. So here are the eligibility criteria mentioned below, go through them before planning for the course.
- The most essential eligibility criterion for the MCom Financial Management course is to have a graduation degree in the commerce stream.
- Diploma holder candidates equivalent to the required qualification can go for MCom Financial Management.
- The minimum percentile requirement is 55% marks at graduation level.
- No supplementary will be allowed to go through the admission process.
Above mentioned criteria are of various colleges but many colleges have their own eligibility criteria which candidates have to fulfill to get admission.
- In the case of reserved category, students have to submit their category certificate from their regional authorities in order to avail the beneficiaries.
- To get qualified for admission, candidates have to go through the Common Entrance Test first and have to score good marks for it. Some of the Universities entrance exams are CET, AUCET, OUCET, JUEE, etc.
MCom Financial Management: Entrance Exams
There are many national and state-level entrance exams to appear for admission into the MCom Financial Management program.
Listed below are some of these popular MCom Financial Management entrance exams.
- ANUPGCET: Acharya Nagarjuna University Post Graduate Common Entrance Test is a state-level exam and is conducted by Acharya Nagarjuna University (ANU), Guntur. It offers admissions for various PG courses and the registration process starts in the month of March every year and the exam is held in May.
- JUEE: is conducted by the Jagannath University of Rajasthan each year in the month of May. It is a University level exam and it is held three times a year. The exam duration is 120 minutes with objective type questions.
- PESSET: is conducted by Peoples’ Education Society University for candidates who are interested in the MCom Financial Management course. The registration process starts between Dec to April and the exam is held in the month of May every year. The exam duration is 180 minutes. The exam pattern is of objective type questions and no negative marking.
- OUCET: OUCET stands for Osmania University Common Entrance Test. This exam is conducted by Osmania University for PG Courses. It is held in the month of July each year. The exam duration is 90 minutes. The exam pattern is of objective type questions and no negative marking.
The details of the applications for the above-mentioned examinations are mentioned in the table below.
|Examination||Application Date||Exam Date||Exam Mode|
|ANUPGCET||April 2021||May 2021||Online|
|JUEE||August 2021||Third Week of September, 2021||Online|
|PESSAT||April 2021||May 2021||Online|
|OUCET||Last week of June 2021||July 2021||Online|
|AKNUCET||April 2021||May 2021||Online|
MCom Financial Management: Tips to Clear the Entrance Examinations
To help candidates to score good marks and crack the entrance examinations, below mentioned are the tips which can be followed:
- Go through the reference books: Candidates before going to participate in the entrance exams first have to select the best books which are specially edited for such exams. Do not depend upon a single book, go for an alternative writer’s edition.
- Prepare a Time Table: Depending upon the tough syllabus, candidates can select the subject and make a proper time table which topics to clear first. To get eligible in a good college, candidates have to follow the time table accordingly.
- Time Management: Time management plays a vital role in the preparation of an entrance exam. Time management not only plays an important role in preparation but also in the exam hall. Proper management of time will always lead the candidates to the pinnacle of success.
- Refer to Past Years Paper: Half of the preparation gets done when the candidate refers to past years’ questionnaires. Through previous year’s papers, it will be easy for the candidates to assume which subject is given more impotence and which topics are mostly covered.
- Solve Sample Papers and Mock Tests: The best way to prepare for any entrance exams is to solve sample papers or mock tests. This way candidates will know their weaknesses and can cover the topic in a sufficient time.
MCom Financial Management: Tips to the Best College
To get admission to a well-ranked MCom Financial Management college/university, a number of factors are included. Some of the following tips will help the candidates to secure their seats.
- Be prepared for the different levels of questions and the difficulty level of the questions asked in various exam patterns. Some exams are easier to attempt while some others may be tough. This will help the candidates to score good marks.
- Since questions are asked from the graduation level, candidates can refer to their graduation reference books and notes. Revision of basic topics is a must.
- Every college application form dates and deadlines are different. Candidates need to stay updated with all the important dates and notifications from time to time. It is necessary to know such updates.
- Candidates can keep themselves updated by reading newspapers and current affairs of the world regularly. This will help to crack the exams as well.
Checkout: Top Ranked MCom Colleges
MCom Financial Management: What it is about?
All information about MCom Financial Management is as follows:
- MCom Financial Management is a postgraduate course that involves a detailed study of modern and historical knowledge of financial and accounting management.
- It also helps candidates to develop a deep understanding of accounting and finance also, to those who have zero knowledge about it.
- Along with other subjects, it also includes management subjects to enhance the theoretical knowledge of the candidates.
- It is a two-year program that involves the detailed study of subjects in finance, accounting, risk management, project planning and control, economic analysis, marketing analysis, audit, corporate planning, etc.
- Candidates pursuing Chartered Accountants, go for this course as both subjects are similar mostly related to the field of finance and management.
- The average MCom Financial Management course fee lies around INR 3 LPA to INR 5 LPA.
Read More: Jobs after MCom Courses
MCom Financial Management Course Highlights
The highlights for the MCom Financial Management course is given in the table below:
|Full-Form||Master of Commerce Financial Management|
|Examination type||Semester Wise|
|Eligibility||Minimum 55% marks at graduation level|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam based/merit-based|
|Course Fee||BETWEEN INR 11,000 TO INR 2.50 LAKHS|
|Average Salary||Rs.14,000 to 20,000|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Banks, Insurance Companies, Mutual Fund Companies, Stock exchange, NBFCs|
|Job Positions||Finance officer, Insurance Manager, Treasurer, Controller, Risk manager, Consultant, etc|
MCom Financial Management: Course Advantages
- The study of this program helps the candidate to gain adequate skills in data handling and quantitative techniques from the subjects like accounting and finance.
- MCom in Financial Management degree holder has a wide scope both in career and higher education. Candidates can go for Ph.D. after completing the program.
- Candidates with this degree can find endless career opportunities in the banking and finance sectors.
- Candidates have a great option in both government and private sectors.
- One can go for teaching after completing the MCom FM program.
- As subjects are equivalent to the Chartered Account course, it will help many other candidates to grow their career as a CA along with this MCom course.
MCom Financial Management: Course Comparison
MCom Financial Management vs MBA Financial Management: Which one to Choose?
The comparison between MCom Financial Management and MBA Financial Management are as follows:
|Parameters||MCom Financial Management||MBA Financial Management|
|Duration||2 Years||2 Years|
|Course Overview||This course study within the course includes Advanced Marketing, Portfolio Analysis, Microeconomics, Statistics for Business, Money and Capital Markets.||This course imparts education about administration, budgeting, investment outcomes and monitoring of financial assets.|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test+Counseling||State/National/College Entrance Test|
|Eligibility Criteria||Bachelor’s Degree with any Accounts, Math or Economics||Graduation in any stream|
|Average Courses Fees||INR 1 Lakh||INR 5-6 Lakh|
|Area Of Employment||Banking, Insurance, Financial Service Sectors, Investment Banking, Private Companies, etc||Marketing Manager, Project Manager, Business Analyst, Human Resource Manager, etc|
|Average Placement Package||INR 4 Lakh||INR 6 Lakh|
MCom Financial Management: Top Colleges
The table below shows the best MCom Financial Management colleges and universities that offer the course in a full-time mode.
|College Name||Average Fee||Average Salary Package|
|Shri Ram College of Commerce||INR 29,400||INR 4 LPA|
|Lady Shriram College||INR 30,000||INR 6 LPA|
|Loyola College||INR 28,500||INR 4.5 LPA|
|St Xavier's College||INR 23,100||INR 5 LPA|
|Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce||INR 1,80,000||INR 4 LPA|
|Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce||INR 30,500||INR 5.7 LPA|
MCom Financial Management College Comparison
The following table depicts the comparison made among the top three MCom Colleges in India.
|Parameter||Symbiosis Institute||Loyola College|
|Objective||SIU Pune was established in 1983. also offers the ACCA course alongside the graduation programmes to empower students with an international level certification.||Loyola College is affiliated with the University of Madras. It is one of the top ranked institutes of India.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 45,820||INR 42,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 7.4 Lakh||INR 6.5 Lakh|
MCom Financial Management: Syllabus
All colleges' syllabus are mostly the same all over the country at the management level. Here is the syllabus yearly wise for MCom Financial Management.
|Year 1||Year 2|
|Business Management||Financial Accounting & Packages|
|Business Environment||Quantitative Methods for Business|
|Business Economics||Financial Management|
|Information Technology for Business||Marketing Management|
|Quantitative Techniques for Business||Human Resource Management|
|Entrepreneurship Development||E-Commerce Management|
|Year 3||Year 4|
|Banking & Technology||Banking Law & Practice|
|Advanced Banking||Insurance Actuarial|
|Insurance Products & Management||Bank Management|
|Financial Markets & Services||Insurance & Risk Management|
|Principles of Life Insurance||Financial Derivatives|
|Security Analysis and Investment Management||Portfolio Management|
MCom Financial Management: Job Prospects
Below given are the various job profiles along with the average salary package for the MCom Financial Management graduates:
|Job Profile||Average Salary|
|Accountant||INR 5 LPA|
|Business & Corporate Analyst||INR 4.5 LPA|
|Investments Analyst||INR 4 LPA|
|Executive Assistant||INR 6.2 LPA|
|Marketing & Money Manager||INR 7 LPA|
MCom Financial Management: Future Scope
- MCom Financial Management graduates can work in sectors like Asset Management, Bank and Financing, Insurance Management, Private Equity, Risk Management, Retail Sector Treasury, Sales and Trading and Stock Market etc.
- Government jobs such as Lecturer / Professor is also a great option for such graduates.
- Graduates who are interested in the research field can also opt for MPhil or Doctorate Course.
MCom Financial Management FAQs
Ques. What is the course duration of MCom Financial Management?
Ques. Is there any entrance exam for admission to the MCom Financial Management course?
Ques. What is the educational qualification required for admission to the MCom Financial Management course?
Ques. What is the admission procedure for admission to MCom Financial Management program?
Ques. What is the average fee for the course MCom Financial Management program in Indian Colleges/ Universities?
Ques. Name some of the popular jobs available for MCom Financial Management graduates?
Ques. What is the average salary of an MCom Financial Management graduate?
Ques. Is there any age limit for the Masters of Financial Management course?
Ques. How can I fill up the application form for the Masters of Financial Management course?
Ques. Which is better, MCom FM or MBA FM?