Admissions are based on merit and a qualifying score in GATE. Additionally, some of the colleges or universities conduct an entrance exam for admission to ME CAD CAM.
Checkout: top Ranked MTech Colleges In India
A student should have secured a minimum of 60% marks in B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering/ Industrial Engineering/ Production Engineering, and a similar percentage in GATE to be eligible for this course.
ME CAD CAM is considered to be a specialized course, usually pursued by students who want to become experts’ fields of Aerospace design, manufacturing design, mechanical design, architectural design, civil engineer, technician, to name a few.
Know More About: Engineering Courses
ME CAD CAM: Admission Process
ME CAD CAM admissions are based on merit and GATE scores. Some universities also require an entrance exam. Below are details on how one can get admission in ME CAD CAM.
Some colleges call for students to give in an entrance exam to qualify for admissions. These vary with colleges and so students have to check in with the respective college and get more information. After the qualifying exam, a counselling or personal interview session will be held.
You can apply to ME CAD CAM colleges providing admission in this course, through both online and offline mode.
Follow the below-mentioned steps while applying for the ME CAD CAM course:
- Visit either the official website of the Institute or the Admission office for the ME CAD CAM admission forms.
- Fill out the applications as directed. If required, upload the documents in the prescribed dimensions or submit them by hand.
- After the processing of applications, the final selection is done.
Check: MTech Entrance Exams
ME CAD CAM: Eligibility Criteria
- The basic ME CAD CAM eligibility criteria is an aggregate of 60% in B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering/Industrial Engineering/ Production Engineering.
- Students are required to take the GATE exam. Additionally, some colleges also ask for an entrance exam.
- The total scores are weighed, and accordingly the candidate is chosen.
- There is no upper age limit for ME CAD CAM.
ME CAD CAM: Entrance Exam
The main entrance exam for M.E. in CAD/CAM is GATE. Some colleges might request for a separate entrance exam but that depends from college to college.
|Exam Name||Conducting Body||Exam Date||Exam Mode|
|GATE||IIT Bombay||7, 13 & 14 February 2021||Online|
Read More about: GATE Application Process
ME CAD CAM: Tips to clear the Entrance Exam
There are certain factors to keep in mind while preparing for the ME CAD CAM entrance exam.
- GATE is said to be the toughest exam in India, which is why you must start your preparations early. Compile all the necessary materials, fix a time for studying and follow that routine.
- Time management plays a key role while preparing for any exam, and GATE is no different. Fix a time of the day where you think you will have the highest amount of concentration.
- Prepare a to-do-list and note down all the topics or chapters that you find difficult. Then, allocate time accordingly to those topics.
- You might need a little more time and resources for such topics. This will help keep you on track and also help provide more practice for the exam.
- You can keep mock-tests with your friends and practice which will make the study process both fun and energizing. This will also let you have an idea of what level of preparation you are currently in.
- Finally, even though you are going to spend most of your time in front of your books or computer, don’t forget to take some time off for yourself and look after your health.
ME CAD CAM: Tips to get the Best Colleges
Candidates who have qualified in GATE can get into NITs, IIITs, IITs and CFTIs based on their scores. For admissions to NITs, IITs, and CFTOs, candidates are required to participate in CCMT counselling. Also, for IIT admissions, candidates should participate in GATE COAP.
Many private and state universities intake GATE qualified candidates based on their scores. This way, candidates also have an option to choose a university of their choice.
Below are some pointers to keep in mind while applying for ME CAD CAM:
- ME CAD CAM admissions takes place through GATE exam, a college required entrance test, and counselling.
- Hence, if you want to get into a good college for ME CAD CAM then do not skip this step and do your best in the exam. The counselling interview is equally important.
- Do your background research on the college, and if possible, visit the campus prior to application so you can get a better idea.
- Make sure to submit your application before the deadline. Colleges are not very keen on latecomers.
- Keep your documents ready and submit all that is asked.
- Don’t write long answers in places that are not required.
- Some colleges accept students on merit, so keep all your past marks sheets ready.
- Make sure all the information you provide in your application is correct and up to date.
ME CAD CAM: What is it about?
- ME CAD CAM engineering is a specialization in the operation, use, and application of computer software to create a design for a variety of industries.
- This course provides a continental way to create designs for the engineering discipline. It can be used for landscape design, architectural design, electrical design, and more.
- CAD CAM is the use of computer-based software tools that assists machinists and engineers in manufacturing their products.
- The course helps prepare students for design positions that require skilful and imaginative solutions to solve engineering problems.
- It is suitable for those who wish to gain a thorough understanding of the techniques used in computer-supported product design and development.
- After completing ME CAD CAM, students can get into industries like architectural design, landscape design, interior design, civil related design, textile design, industrial plant design, and many more.
ME CAD CAM: Course Highlights
|Full-Form||Master of Engineering Computer-Aided design & Computer-Aided Manufacturing|
|Examination type||Semester System|
|Eligibility||B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering/ Industrial Engineering/ Production Engineering with minimum 60% in aggregate|
|Admission Process||Based on counseling after clearing GATE or based on the written test.|
|Course Fee||INR 1.14 to 2.11 Lacs|
|Average Salary||INR 3 Lacs|
|Top Recruiting Companies||PWD, CPWD, Space Research Centre, Educational sector, Power plants, Steel Plants etc.|
|Job Positions||Aerospace Designer, Manufacturing Designer, Mechanical Designer, Architectural Designer, Civil Engineer, Technician.|
ME CAD CAM: Course Advantages
M.E. in CAD/CAM stands for Master of Engineering Computer-Aided design & Computer-Aided Manufacturing . The course is beneficial in learning how to use computer software programs to create designs, manage data and analyse plans.
- ME CAD CAM opens up a pool of opportunities in manufacturing plants, consulting engineering offices, and other research areas pertaining to the same field.
- For those who wish to do their further education, ME CAD CAM offers a path for PhD.
- Students who have enrolled in this course have learnt how to use computer software to create designs and manage data.
- In terms of salary, ME CAD CAM graduates have been able to earn an average of INR 3 LPA after completing the course.
- With a technical skill hike or completion of further education, the average salary will be much higher.
- Top recruiting companies such as PWD, CPWD, Space Research Centre, Educational sector, Power plants, Steel Plants are always on the lookout of ME CAD CAM graduates.
ME CAD CAM: Course Comparison
ME CAD CAM and M.Tech CAD/CAM, although similar, are highly competitive in their own way. The following table shows the key differences between ME CAD CAM and M.Tech CAD/CAM:
|Parameter||ME CAD CAM||M.Tech CAD/CAM|
|Full-Form||Master of Engineering [ME] (CAD/CAM)||Master of Technology (M.Tech.) CAD/CAM|
|Course Overview||M.E. is more knowledge oriented and is designed for students who plan on working upon graduation and those who are already in the engineering workforce.||M.Tech is more skill oriented and is designed to produce Research Engineers who can get the position of Technologist in industries and research institutions.|
|Duration||2 Years||2 Years|
|Eligibility||B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering/ Industrial Engineering/ Production Engineering with minimum 60% in aggregate||B. Tech in Mechanical Engineering/ Industrial Engineering/ Production Engineering with minimum 60% in aggregate|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 1.14 to 2.11 Lacs||INR 1.14 to 2.11 Lacs|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 3 Lacs||INR 3 Lacs|
Checkout: Top Colleges offering MTech CAD CAM
ME CAD CAM: Top Colleges
Below given is the list of top colleges offering ME CAD CAM courses along with the average fees and placement offer.
|College Name||Average Annual Fees||Average Placement Offer|
|Punjab Technical University||INR 1.4 Lacs||INR 4.3 LPA|
|Sri Siddhartha Institute of Technology (SSIT)||INR 3 Lacs||INR 3 LPA|
|Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University (RTMNU)||INR 75, 000||INR 3.2 - 5.5 LPA|
|Kalasalingam University||INR 2.11 Lacs||INR 3.69 LPA|
|Baba Institute of Technology and sciences||INR 1.14 Lacs||INR 4.8 LPA|
|Sri Indu Institute of engineering and Technology||INR 1.14 Lacs||INR 5 LPA|
ME CAD CAM: College Comparison
|Parameters||Punjab Technical University||Sri Siddhartha Institute of Technology|
|Overview||PTU was Established in 1977, and has 121 AICTE and 65 UGC institutes affiliated with it. It offers courses in Technology, Management, Pharmaceutical, and more from various disciplines.||SSIT was established in 1979, and is approved by AICTE and accredited by NBA and NAAC. The institute provides good placement and job opportunities for its graduates|
|Average Fees||INR 78,150||INR 1,00,000|
|Average Package Offered||INR 4.3 LPA||INR 4.2 LPA|
|Placement Companies||TCS, Byju’s, Wipro, Infosys, IBM||Infosys, Capgemini, HCL, Dell|
ME CAD CAM: Syllabus
Below is a brief overview on the syllabus for M.E in CAD/CAM at major colleges:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Advanced CAD||Design of Hydraulics and Pneumatics Systems|
|Advanced Finite Element Analysis||Flexible Manufacturing Systems|
|Precision Engineering||Computer Aided Manufacturing|
|Design for Manufacturing and Assembly||Industrial Robotics|
|Elective – I||Elective – III|
|Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations||Production and Operations Management|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Advanced Mechanics of Solids||Computational Fluid Dynamics|
|Advanced Mechatronics||Automation in Manufacturing|
|Elective – II||Elective – IV|
|Advanced Mechanics of Composite Materials||Design Optimization|
|Comprehensive Viva||Project work and Seminar|
ME CAD CAM: Recommended Books
Here are some of the most popular books in this area of expertise:
|Name of the book||Author|
|Mathematical Elements for Computer Graphics||Rogers, D. F. and Adams, J. A.|
|Procedural Elements for Computer Graphics||Rogers, D. F|
|Principles of Computer Aided Design||Rooney, J. and Steadman, P.|
|Computer Aided Design (Software and Analysis Tools)||Krishnamoorathy, C. S. and Rajeev, J. S.|
|Computer Aided Graphical Design||Rayan, D. L.|
|Computer Graphics & Design||Radhakrishnan, P. and Kothandaraman, C. P.|
ME CAD CAM: Job Prospects and Career Options
Candidates who have completed ME CAD CAM course have been successfully hired by Academic Institutions, Mechanical design and Development companies, Software Developing Companies and IT Companies. They are hired as architectural designer, electrical designer, manufacturing designer, mechanical designer, surveyor and more.
Job Profiles for ME CAD CAM Graduates
|Job Position||Average salary in INR|
|Aerospace Designer||INR 7 to 9 Lacs|
|Manufacturing Designer||INR 4.37 to 5.3 Lacs|
|Mechanical Designer||INR 3.65 to 11.50 Lacs|
|Architectural Designer||INR 2.65 to 6.35 Lacs|
|Civil Engineer Technician||INR 3.25 to 5 Lacs|
ME CAD CAM Future Scope
ME CAD CAM is a promising field for its graduates. Below are some of the pointers that state why:
- Higher Education: Students can pursue PhD in Engineering and is a 3-Year doctorate degree program that imparts advanced knowledge and skills related to programming language, data processing, statistics, data analysis, and more.
- Research: The postgraduates of ME CAD CAM can join in reputed research laboratories, and R&D departments as a researcher to do research in the related field.
- Some of the areas of Ph.D include Control Systems, CAD/CAM, Microwave communication, computer science, and Engineering, or other related subjects
ME CAD CAM FAQs
Ques. Is ME CAD CAM a good course?
Once completed, students can either opt for jobs in the same field or try for higher studies which is Ph.D.
Ques. What is ME CAD CAM full form?
Ques. How do I become a strong contender to be selected for this course?
Ques. Is ME CAD CAM a tough course?
Ques. What should one do after ME CAD CAM?
Ques. What is the difference between a CAD drafter and a CAD designer?
CAD designers on the other hand are more skilled than CAD drafters. They have extensive knowledge of the codes and regulations that their designs must comply with.
Ques. What is good after ME CAD CAM for a good career?
Ques. Is GATE mandatory to seek admission for ME CAD CAM?
Ques. What is ME CAD CAM Salary?
Ques. Is there any age limit to apply for this course?