SRMJEEE 2020 Application Form (Available), Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern and Result
SRMJEEE is a university level exam which is conducted by SRM University for admission in various specializations of B.Tech programme. SRMJEEE is a common entrance examination for all SRM Group Universities. SRMJEEE 2020 Application Form will be filled from October 12, 2019. The exam is conducted in computer-based mode by SRM University.
Latest: SRMJEEE 2020 Application Form has been released – Apply Here
- SRM University has revised exam pattern for SRMJEEE, Previously, The exam had three sections – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology. But now, two new sections have been added in the Question Paper – English and Aptitude.
- SRMJEEE 2020 application form will be filled through online as well as offline mode.
- candidate will have to fill all required details like personal email ID, contact number, qualification and address details.
- SRMJEEE 2020 Admit card will contain details like exam venue with center code, exam slot, date of examination, personal information of the candidate.
- The examinee for the B.Tech course will have to attempt Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, English and Aptitude section while the Biomedical Engineering candidates have to do Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English and Aptitude questions. Check SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus
- Result and cut off are expected to release on the First week of May 2020.
- Candidates have to score equal to or more than the specified cut off in order to secure a seat in its Participating colleges.
So far, more than 1.5 lakh candidates have applied for SRMJEEE from across 29 states and 7 union territories of India, and from Dubai, Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and Oman. Top 100 rank holders will be eligible for Founders’ scholarship with full waiver of tuition fee, hostel fee and mess fee.
- Candidates who are the top rank holders of their respective state or central board exams can seek direct admission to SRM University by applying directly.
- SRM allows candidates to book their preferred exam slot.
- SRM University provides an SMS facility to candidates to check their result.
- Candidates must fill in their mobile number correctly so that their result for SRMJEEE 2020 can be sent to the correct mobile number.
SRMJEEE 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Sri Ramaswami Memorial University, Chennai|
|Mode of Application||Online | Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Number of Seats||7000 approx.|
|Number of Applications||2 lakhs approx.|
Event Calendar for SRMJEEE 2020
The SRMJEEE exam is scheduled for different slots at different test centers. Here is the list of important events for SRMJEEE 2020:
|Starting of application form||October 12, 2019|
|Deadline for Online Application form||March 30, 2020|
|Deadline for Offline Application form||February 29, 2020|
|Application Form correction||Second week of April 2020|
|Sot booking starts||Second week of April 2020|
|Admit Card||Second week of April 2020|
|Exam date||April 12 – 20, 2020|
|Result date||First week of May 2020|
Changes Introduced in SRMJEEE 2020
SRM University has revised exam pattern for SRMJEEE, Previously, The exam had three sections – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology. But now, two new sections have been added in the Question Paper – English and Aptitude.
SRM authorities have also increased the number of questions in the Mathematics Section of the SRMJEEE 2020 question paper. Now, there will be 40 questions in the Mathematics section.
SRM University has increased the number of questions, earlier the exam had 105 questions now increased to 125 questions.
Marking Scheme has been also changed in the SRMJEEE 2020 question paper, now 1 marks have been awarded instead of 3 for each correct answer.
SRM institute has also increased the number of exam centres for SRMJEEE 2020 to 132 which were 123 last year.
SRM Ghaziabad (NCR) campus has also reduced to an aggregate of 50% in PCM. Last year, the minimum qualifying marks was 55%.
The application fee to apply for SRMJEEE 2020 has been raised to INR 1100. Earlier, it was INR 900.
By this time, Aadhaar Card has to be scanned and uploaded by the candidates during SRMJEEE Registration.
Who is eligible to apply for SRMJEEE 2020
SRM University follows certain eligibility guidelines for SRMJEEE. Candidates must adhere to these guidelines to seek admission into the various programs of SRM University:
- Residents of India, NRIs, holder of PIO/OCI card issued by Government of India are eligible to apply.
- NRIs, holders of PIO/OCI card issued by Government of India who has not taken the SRMJEEE exam must apply under International student category only.
- Passed in 10+2 or appearing in the current academic year with PCM/PCB as major subjects in full-time regular from any state board within India, CBSE, ISCE.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with Diploma, or A-level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics / Biology / Botany & Zoology/ Biotechnology as major subjects in any International schools.
- Candidates who have not studied Mathematics as one of the subjects in 11 and 12 are eligible to appear only for Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering programs.
Only candidates who have born between July 01, 2000 and July 01, 2005 are eligible to apply for SRMJEEE (UG) 2020.
Campus-specific and Programme-specific Eligibility Criteria
|University||Campus||Aggregate of PCM||Aggregate of PCB|
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai|
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology, AP||Amaravati||60%||Not Applicable|
|SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Haryana||Sonepat||50%||Not Applicable|
How to apply for SRMJEEE 2020
SRMJEEE (UG) application form can be filled by any of the options-
Option 1: Apply online with e-payment
Option 2: Fill the OMR form and send it to the following address by safe means.
The Directorate of Admissions,
SRM Institute of Science and Technology (SRM University),
Kattankulathur, Kancheepuram District,
Tamil Nadu 603203.
The online application form for SRMJEEE 2020 can be filled at https://applications.srmuniv.ac.in and pay the application fees online. However, the offline form can be obtained by downloading the application form available at the official website.
Instructions to Fill Offline Application Form
- The form should be filled by the candidate in his own handwriting.
- The only original application should be sent.
- Write with black ink ball-point pen in the boxes wherever provided. Darken the alphabet/ numeral/oval using an HB pencil only.
- If you wish to change a marking, erase the darkened spot completely and make a fresh mark.
- Do not scribble, cut, tear or erase the application form.
- Do not write, make any mark on I deface the Barcode.
- Paste a recent, good-quality colour photograph of you against a light coloured background.
- An incomplete application or application filled in a language other than English will be rejected.
- Options, once filled in the application form, cannot be changed at a later stage.
- Retain the photocopy of SRMJEEE Application Form for future correspondence.
Write your name in CAPITAL LETTERS as given in your 10th standard school certificate. Write only one letter in a box. Do not leave any blank box between the letters in a word. One box should be left as blank between two consecutive words of your name. If your name has several initials, leave one blank after each of them. Do not prefix your name with Mr., Ms., etc.
Details to fill in Application Form
While applying for SRMJEEE 2020 in offline mode, candidates are required to fill the following details. It must be noted that all the items mentioned below are mandatory to fill:
Item 1: Name of the Candidate
Item 2: Gender
Item 3: University Code
Item 4: Date of Birth
Item 5: State & Union Territories
Item 6: Contact Number/Details
Item 7: Percentage of Marks (%) obtained in 10th standard
Item 8: Details of class 12th board/equivalent
Item 9: Exam Center
Item 10: Email ID
Item 11: Photograph
Item 12: Signature
Item 13: Declaration
Steps for Online Application Form
The steps to fill the online SRMJEEE 2020 Application Form are as follows:
Step 1 – Registration: Register at the official website to apply for SRMJEEE 2020 by entering Name, Date of Birth, Email ID and the Phone number.
The User ID and Password will be sent to the registered email ID of the candidates.
Step 2 – Login: Post receiving the login credentials, log in to their accounts to fill the SRMJEEE 2020 application form.
Step 3 – Filling the application form: Fill in all the mandatory details in SRMJEEE 2020 application form.
Step 4 – Uploading Scanned Documents: Upload the recent photograph and signature as per the required specifications.
Step 5 – Payment of Application Fee: Make the e-payment by net banking/credit/debit card. And take the printout of filled in SRMJEEE 2020 application form.
- Cost of Online application form is INR 1100.
- Cost of Offline application form is INR 1160.
For offline mode of application, a DD of INR ‘1160/- drawn in favour of SRMIST, payable at Chennai, has to be sent. This has to reach before the last date specified. Candidates should write their name and address on the reverse of DD and send to the above-mentioned address.
What is SRMJEEE Slot Booking?
Date of SRMJEEE Slot Booking: Second week of April 2020
Slot booking is an online process wherein candidates have to select their desired test date and time slot for the exam. Given below are the instructions to book a slot for SRMJEEE 2020:
- The Default Test City will be the one that was already opted as First Choice during SRMJEEE application.
- Candidates will be provided with the 2nd and 3rd choice Test City if the first Test City choice has very few applicants.
- Refer to the exam center table (provided during SRMJEEE Slot Booking) to select the convenient date for your SRM Joint Entrance Exam for Engineering (SRMJEEE).
- Put the correct application number. The application number starts with 10, XX, XXX series for B.Tech
- Test Center's/ Test Dates will be added as and when more applicants choose that particular Test Center.
- In case of any difficulty, contact the authority through the Tab - "Any Query Ask Us", available at the Dashboard of Online Application System.
Issue of Admit Card: Second week of April 2020
- SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card will only be issued to the candidates whose applications are received by the SRM University on or before the last date.
- The admit cards will be available online at the official website www.srmuniv.ac.in only.
- Admit cards will not be dispatched by post or any other offline mode.
Candidates must note these important points pertaining to the SRMJEEE 2020 admit card:
- SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card has essential information like the candidate's name, photograph, address of communication, exam center chosen by candidate and the date and slot of exam chosen by the candidate.
- Take multiple copies of the admit card and preserve them for future correspondence.
- Do not tamper with the information mentioned on the admit card. If any discrepancies are found, contact the concerned examination authority immediately after downloading the admit card.
- SRMJEEE 2020 admit card is non-transferable. If anybody is found impersonating candidate, both candidate and the impersonator will be liable for strict legal action.
SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Centers
SRMJEEE 2020 will be conducted in 132 centers across India. From 2017, 5 international exam centers have been included to make it easier for NRIs to appear for the exam. These are:
Candidates will have the option to choose their 3 preferred exam center location while filling up the online application form. They must note that while SRM University will try their best to allocate a candidate their preferred exam center, the university cannot guarantee the same. Check out the map provided below for SRMJEEE Exam Centers with Codes:
SRM JEEE 2020 Exam Pattern
- Questions will be based on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology depending on candidate's choice of subjects.
- Candidates must note that for subjects like Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics and Genetic Engineering, they will be accountable for the questions pertaining to Biology.
Check SRMJEEE 2020 Exam Pattern highlights in the table given below for a clearer picture of the exam:
|Duration||2 hours 30 minutes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total number of questions||125|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark instead of 3 for each correct answer|
|Negative marking||Not applicable in SRMJEEE 2020|
|Sections||Physics – 35|
|Chemistry – 35|
|Mathematics/ Biology – 40|
|English – 10|
|Aptitude – 5|
SRMJEEE 2020 Syllabus
- The question paper will be divided into 5 sections – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology, English and Aptitude.
- Candidates must note that while the Physics and Chemistry sections of the paper are compulsory, they can choose if they want to attempt the Mathematics or Biology section.
- For admission to courses like Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering, Bioinformatics and Genetic Engineering, candidates must attempt the Biology section and their score in this section only will be considered.
- Questions will be based on the four subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics, English and Aptitude – from their knowledge of the same in their 10+2 level (qualifying exam).
SRMJEEE Syllabus for Physics
- Electronics and Communication
- Dual Nature of Matter and Nuclear Physics
- Atomic Physics and Relativity
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Ray and Wave Optics and Magnetism
- Heat and Thermodynamics
- Oscillations and Wave Motion
- Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids
- Units and Measurement
SRMJEEE Syllabus for Chemistry
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds
- Surface Chemistry, Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Chemical Energetics
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Atomic Structure
- Chemical Families – Periodic Properties
- States of Matter
- Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry
SRMJEEE Syllabus for Mathematics
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion
- Vector Algebra
- Conic Sections in Two Dimensions
- Straight Lines in Two Dimensions
- Circles in Two Dimensions
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus
- Applications of Differential Calculus
- Differential Calculus
- Sequences and Series
- Binomial Theorem and its Applications
- Mathematical Induction and its Applications
- Permutations and Combinations
- Quadratic Equations
- Applications of Matrices and Determinants
- Matrices and Determinants
- Complex Numbers
- Sets, Relations and Functions
SRMJEEE Syllabus for Biology
- Taxonomy of Angiosperm
- Plant Anatomy
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Plant Physiology
- Biology in Human Welfare
- Human Physiology
- Modern Genetics and Animal Biotechnology
- Environmental Science
- Applied Biology
- Theories of Evolution
SRMJEEE 2020 Result
Declaration of SRMJEEE Result: First week of May 2020
SRMJEEE 2020 Results will be declared online at the official website of SRM University. Ranks will be updated via SMS on their registered mobile number which they have entered in their application form. SRM University offers admissions for 7,000 B. Tech seats to their three campuses. Candidates must follow these steps to get their results:
- Log in to the official website of the SRM University.
- Enter your SRMJEEE 2020 application number, programs applied for and date of birth.
- Candidates will be able to check their All India Rank after entering the particulars asked for after logging in.
Candidates must note down their rank correctly and take a print out of the score card for future reference. The rank given to the candidate in SRMJEEE 2020 Result will be considered final for counselling and all future admission processes for B.Tech courses.
SRMJEEE 2020 Merit List
After the declaration of the SRMJEEE 2020 Results, a merit list will be announced. It will be prepared on the basis of the total marks secured by all candidates and the number of applicants who have appeared for the exam. Ranking will be given to the candidates for the counselling process only.
SRMJEEE 2020 Cut Off
- SRMJEEE 2020 Cut offwill be released along with the results.
- It is going to be declared in form of a score card.
- Candidates can download it from the official website www.srmuniv.ac.in.
- The following table gives a marks range corresponding to the rank range from previous years' score cards:
|Above 250||Below 2000|
|230 – 250||2000 – 5000|
|200 – 229||5001 – 9000|
|170 – 199||9001 – 13000|
|150 – 169||13001 – 15000|
|130 – 149||1500-1 – 17000|
|Less than 130||Above 17000|
SRMJEEE 2020 Scholarships Offered
SRM University offers scholarships to meritorious candidates on the basis of his/her marks in class 12 and state domicile. Candidates must note the following rules that are applicable to scholarships:
|Scholarship Name||Eligibility||Percent of Scholarship|
|SRM Founder’s Scholarship||· AIR in top 100 of SRMJEEE merit list · AIR in top 1000 of IITJEE (Main) · District Topper in Tamil Nadu · State Board Toppers in HSC · Exemplary sports persons at National / International Level||100%||100%||100%|
|SRM Merit Scholarship||Rank 101 to 500 in SRMJEEE||75%||-||-|
|Rank 501 to 1000 in SRMJEEE||50%||-||-|
|Socio-Economic Scholarship||To be determined by the scholarship committee||25% to 100%||-||-|
|Differently-abled Scholarship||To be determined by the scholarship committee||25% to 100%||-||-|
|SRM Arts and Culture Scholarship||Must possess exemplary skills in literary and fine arts||25% to 100%||-||-|
SRMJEEE 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of results, SRM University will declare the schedule and venues for SRMJEEE Counselling. Candidates must make a note of the following information that holds true for the counseling process:
Reporting as per rank – Candidates will be called to report for the counseling process at the center allocated to them according to their rank in SRMJEEE 2020. There might be two rounds of counseling for the 7000 seats. After the completion of the first round, a second round will take place only if there are vacant seats.
Document verification – After candidate reports at the counselling center allocated to him/her, he/she will have to get his/her documents verified. Candidates will have to carry his/her documents along with him/her whenever called for and must produce correct and valid documents only. Candidates will require the following documents during the counselling process:
- SRMJEEE 2020 Rank Card
- SRMJEEE 2020 Admit Card
- Counseling Call Letter
- Marks sheet of class X
- Marks sheet of class XII
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Demand draft for fee payment
Allotment of seat – Candidates will be allocated seats only after his/her documents are verified with the payment of INR 1,00,000.
Candidates must note that their allocated seat will be given to the next deserving candidate if he/she fails to product the documents or correct amount of admission fees. Candidates must also note that a call to the counselling process does not guarantee them a seat for the B. Tech course at the SRM University.
Ques. Are the dates for online and offline applications’ mode different for SRMJEEE 2020?
Ans. Yes, the last date to apply online is March 30, 2020, and for offline mode February 29, 2020.
Ques. I have added my incorrect marks in the registration form for SRMJEEE. How can I change it?
Ans. SRMJEEE conducting authority does not provide any form correction facility to the applicants. You must ensure correctness of data before final submission. In case of any error, from your dashboard and submit the details of the corrections to be done. The corrections will be made from their end.
Ques. When and How I can download admit card for SRMJEEE 2020?
Ans. Admit Card will be available online from Second week of April 2020. Candidates can login using their Registration Number and Date of Birth to download the admit card.
Ques. Is there any age limit criteria for applying for SRMJEEE 2020?
Ans. Yes, only candidates who are born between July 01, 2000 and July 01, 2005 are eligible to apply for SRMJEEE 2020.
Ques. I have done diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Can I apply for SRMJEEE?
Ans. No, as per the SRM eligibility criteria, Diploma holders cannot apply for SRMJEEE 2020.
Ques. I belong to SC category, Will I get some relaxation in eligibility criteria?
Ans. No, there is no such relaxation for reserved category students.
Ques. What is NRI Quota in SRMJEEE?
Ans. Around 15% seats in SRM University are reserved for Foreign Nationals, PIO card holders, NRI students and NRI sponsored candidates.
Ques. What ID proof should be shown at the exam center ?
Ans. If you possess a valid admit card with photograph issued by SRMJEEE, there is no need for any other ID proof.
Ques. Can I remit the fee through Demand Draft?
Ans. Yes, candidates can send duly filled application form along with Demand Draft of INR 1100 drawn in favor of SRMIST, payable at Chennai.
Ques. I have applied for both JEE Main and SRM JEE? Can prepare for both the exams simultaneously?
Ans. As the exam pattern and syllabus for both the exams is based upon class 11 and class 12 science syllabus. There is no need to prepare separately for both the exams. One can practice same mock tests and study from same reference books
Ques. Can I appear for SRMJEEE in my native language i.e. Gujarati like JEE Main?
Ans. No, the SRMJEEE Question paper will be framed only in English language
Ques. Is there negative marking applicable in SRMJEEE 2020 Exam?
Ans. No, there is no negative marking applicable in the exam.
Ques. Will SRM arrange educational loan through banks?
Ans. SRM Institute of Science and Technology plays the role of a facilitator in this aspect. Number of banks will be available at the counselling venue to process loan application and issue on the- spot in -principle sanctioning letter.
Ques. When can I book the slot for SRMJEEE?
Ans. Candidates can book the slots online from Second week of April 2020.
Ques. Can you tell me the names of International test centers I can choose for SRMJEEE?
Ans. Dubai, Muscat, Kuwait, Bahrain and Duha are the 5 international centers where SRMJEEE is conducted.
Ques. How many test centers I can choose during SRMJEEE Registration?
Ans. An applicant can choose up to 3 exam centers from a list of 132 exam centers.
Ques. I have given my improvement paper for class 12th. Can I apply for SRMJEEE?
Ans. Yes, Candidates who have passed the qualifying examination in not more than 2 attempts including the appearance of improvement can apply for SRMJEEE 2020.
Ques. I have filled SRMJEEE application form in online mode. Can you please tell me the address where I have to send it?
Ans. Candidates have to send duly filled application forms to the below mentioned address:-
The Directorate of Admissions,
SRM Institute of Science and Technology (SRM University),
Kattankulathur, Kancheepuram District,
Tamil Nadu 603203.
Ques. I have studied Bioinformatics in Class 12. I am confused what to choose as third 3rd subject apart from Chemistry and Physics?
Ans. You have to choose Biology as the third subject.
Ques. Can you tell me the number seats available in all the SRM Campuses?
Ans. The University offers around 7000 seats divided among various Engineering streams offered by the SRM University.
Ques. What is the procedure to withdraw the admission from the program?
Ans. Before commencement of Classes –
Application for withdrawal to be submitted online. The following documents in original have to be presented:
- Provisional Allotment Letter / Enrollment Form and
- Fee Receipt to be sent to Director (Admissions)
After commencement of Classes- Concerned Faculty Directors are to be contacted.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College