Table of Contents
AIEED 2020 Application Form (Available), Exam Dates, Pattern, Syllabus and Practice Paper
AIEED or All India Entrance Examination for Design is a national level entrance exam conducted by ARCH Academy of Design for admissions to Undergraduate and Post-Graduate programs in Design. The exam is conducted in online mode. AIEED exam is held in two phases – Stage I and Stage II.
Latest: AIEED 2020 Application Form is available from October 4 - November 28, 2019. Apply now
The exam is conducted in three stages:
- General Ability Test (GAT): The exam is expected to be from January 15 to January 30, 2020 in online mode. It will consist of 60 questions worth 100 marks. The exam duration will be 2 hours. The question will come from Design sensibilities, Logical Reasoning, design related awareness, awareness on global issues, & Concepts Comprehension. Check Here AIEED Exam Pattern
- Creative Ability Test (CAT): CAT is expected to be conducted from January 16 to February 03, 2020 in online mode. The duration of the exam will be 3 hours and will consist of 50 questions. The total marks will be 200. The exam will comprise Articulation Skills both written & visual, Design Thinking, Lateral Thinking & Creative Problem Solving, & Awareness of Design Principles. Check AIEED Syllabus
- Video, Portfolio and Personal Interaction: Duration of the exam will be 30 minutes worth of 200 marks. It will comprise Composure, Focus & Clarity, General articulation skills, Depth of thinking, Range of work in Portfolio.
Note: It is important to note that GAT is compulsory for all candidates, while CAT is only for UG students. The final results will be declared at end of February 2020. Download AIEED Practice Paper
Highlights of AIEED 2020
|Name of Examination||All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED)|
|Conducting Body||ARCH Academy of Design|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Courses Offered||Graduate and Post-Graduate courses in Design|
|Basic Eligibility||Undergraduate Course- Class XII; Post-Graduate Course- Bachelors|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Validity of AIEED Score||1 year|
|AIEED Help Desk|
1800 3070 0626
|No. of Seats Available||Undergraduate Course- 164; Post-Graduate Course- 200|
AIEED 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates must go through the detailed schedule of AIEED 2020 to avoid missing out on any of the deadlines. All important AIEED 2020 Exam Dates are mentioned below for your reference:
|Release of AIEED Application form||October 4, 2019 - November 28, 2019|
|Release of AIEED Admit Card||Available Soon|
|AIEED 2020 Exam Date (GAT)||December 2 – 19, 2019|
|AIEED 2020 Exam Date (CAT)||December 1 – 15, 2019|
|AIEED 2020 Result Date (online)||7 days after online exam|
|AIEED 2020 Result Date (offline)||February 2020|
|AIEED 2020 Counselling Date (UG)||April 2020|
|AIEED 2020 Counselling Date (PG)||February- March 2020|
AIEED 2020 Eligibility
Candidates applying for AIEED have to meet all the mentioned eligibility criteria. Failing to meet any of these will lead to cancellation of candidature. AIEED Eligibility is different for Graduate and Post-Graduate courses. It is given below:
AIEED Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Programs
- Candidates should have passed or appeared for Class 10+2 (CBSE/ICSE/IB/State Board/NIOS or equivalent board approved by CBSE).
- Candidates should have attained the age of 16 years and above, as per Pearson-Edexcel norms applicable to all International Undergraduate level course.
- Candidates possessing a valid NATA score/AIEEE rank are exempted from taking the AIEED Exam. These candidates are required to directly appear for the interview only.
- Students studying in Class 10+1 can also appear for the AIEED 2020. If these candidates qualify in the entrance exam, they will be eligible for direct admission in the subsequent academic session.
AIEED Eligibility Criteria for Postgraduate Programs
- Candidates having bachelor’s degree or appearing for final year examination in any stream are eligible to apply
Note: Reservation of seats under various quotas (SC, ST, Defence, Physically Challenged, NRI, etc.) will be as per the norms and regulations of the institutions. The disclosure of the seats will be done at time of admission process.
Read More AIEED Eligibility Criteria
AIEED 2020 Application Form
The Registration Process for AIEED 2020 can be completed in both online modes. AIEED 2020 Application Form in online mode can be obtained from ARCH Academy of Design Center along with the Prospectus. The online form can be availed online, by visiting the official website of ARCH.
Step 1: Registration- Visit the official website i.e. archedu.org and click on ‘Apply Now’. Enter your Name, E-mail, Phone number, City, course interested in and current qualifications. On successful registration, the candidate will receive an email and SMS on the mobile number & email ID to complete the application process.
Step 2: Fill AIEED 2020 Application Form – Log-in using your credentials and start filling the application form. Selection your preffered course, fill personal details and then, write your education qualifications.
Step 3: Payment of Fees – Candidates will have to select the payment method for paying the application fees through any one of the three modes: Online Gateway, Demand Draft or through Bank of India.
Step 4: Upload Documents – Upload important documents such as educational documents, photograph, signature, etc. Only after uploading these documents, candidates will be able to click on ‘Next’ at the bottom of application form. The page will look like this:
Step 4: Print confirmation page – Candidates are advised to take the printout of Confirmation Page and duly filled AIEED Application Form, after previewing it carefully.
Application Process for NRI/Foreign Nationals
Foreign Nationals and candidates appearing under NRI category are required to submit the following documents along with the Application form, in order to apply for admission to any of the academic programs offered by ARCH.
- An attested copy of the relevant pages of passport.
- Equivalence Certificate issued by the concerned Embassy validating the educational qualifications off the candidate.
- Attested copy indicating the proof of status of NRI/Foreign National
- NRI/Foreign Nationals can only make the payment of Application fee through DD. Demand Draft of $ 75 in favor of “ARCH Educational Society”, payable at Jaipur. It must be sent to the ARCH office mentioned before.
AIEED 2020 Application Fees
- Candidates will have to pay the requisite registration fee to complete AIEED Application Form.
- The fee will be INR 3000/- for all candidates.
- Candidates can pay it using Online Gateway, Demand Draft and payment through bank.
AIEED 2020 Admit Card
- The Admit Card for appearing in AIEED will be issued 7 days before the exam through either mode (online and center based).
- AIEED Admit Card is a very significant document. Candidates must carry the Admit Card to the exam center on the day of exam.
- It would be also required with other documents while reporting for Selection Procedure (personal interview), counselling and admission.
Steps to download AIEED 2020 Admit Card:
- Click on the official link sent on the registered mobile number
- Enter “Registered ID” and “Password”
- Click on the link, “Download AIEED Admit Card”
- Download and take multiple printouts of the Admit Card for future reference
Documents Required with AIEED Admit Card
AIEED Admit Card should be carried along with a valid id proof to the exam center for the purpose of verification of candidates. List of such documents is provided below.
- Driving License
- Aadhar Card
- 10th Mark sheet
- Last Graduation Marksheet
AIEED 2020 Exam Centers
- Candidates can appear for AIEED in online mode.
- Candidates have to indicate their choice of AIEED Exam Center while filling the Application form.
- A maximum of 3 exam centers can be selected in order of their preference in online Application Forms.
- ARCH Academy will finally allot 1 exam center or 1 final date & time slot.
- Candidates have the option to modify their choice for exam center or exam date & time slot only once.
- They need to provide the request for the change in writing with a valid reason to firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 15 days before the conduct of AIEED.
AIEED 2020 exam centres have been declared. Candidates can view AIEED exam centres in the table below:
While filling the application form for the AIEED 2020 exam, aspirants can fill in 3 exam centre choices from the ones mentioned above, as per their preference.
AIEED 2020 Exam Pattern
- Students can appear for the exam through online mode
- AIEED is aimed at assessing candidates’ design sensitivity, ability to solve problems and creativity, logical reasoning & awareness on world affairs
- There will be 2 different parts of exam CAT (Creative Ability Test) or GAT (General Ability Test).
- AIEED exam can be attempted in online mode. The number of questions asked in the examination is 45 to 50, depending on the difficulty level of the exam.
The entire structure and pattern of the exam is explained in the table below.
|AIEED Exam Pattern Highlights|
|Number of Papers||2 (GAT and CAT)|
|Mode of exam||For GAT – Only Online Mode|
For CAT – Online Mode
|Duration of exam||3 hours and 15 minutes or 195 minutes|
|Format of exam||45 - 50 Objective Questions (MCQ)|
|Total marks of the exam||200 marks|
|Language of exam||Bilingual Questions available in both English and Hindi|
Can answer in either language
Can answer only in English if taking online exam
|Topics covered in the exam||Design Sensitivity, Creative Sensitivity, Problem Solving and Logical Reasoning.|
Read More AIEED 2020 Exam Pattern
AIEED 2020 Result
- Candidates appearing for online exam will be intimated through SMS after successful completion of the examination. They will be informed through call letter sent via email and hard copy.
- The Result of AIEED (online examination) will be declared within 7 days of the conduct of the exam.
- The qualified candidates will be invited to appear for personal interview.
- AIEED Result for candidates appearing for centre based test will be also intimated through call letter sent via email and hard copy.
- The interview date for the successful candidates would be mentioned on the call letter, as indicated by them during the Application form filling.
How to check AIEED Result?
- Visit the official website of ARCH Academy of Design i.e. aieed.com
- Click on ‘AIEED Exam Result 2020’
- Enter your roll number and date of birth
- Click on ‘submit’ button
- The result can be seen on the screen
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the scorecard and keep it safe with them till admission.
AIEED Selection Procedure
- Selection Procedure for AIEED will involve different parameters for final selection of the candidates such as the entrance exam score, education background, and performance in Interview & Portfolio, etc.
- Personal Interview will be held for all the candidates who successfully clear AIEED. It would be conducted at the ARCH campus in Jaipur. All the eligible candidates are advised to reach the venue of interview round at least 15 minutes before the start of interview session as specified in the .
- Failure to reach the venue on time can result in rejection of candidature. In certain cases, based on only valid reasons, interviews will be rescheduled for candidates who are not able to appear for the interview session on the pre-scheduled date. The request in writing should be sent to email@example.com.
NOTE: In the case of awaited results, candidates need to submit the mark sheet by July. Admission offered till then will be considered as provisional.
AIEED 2020 Counselling
- Selected candidates will participate in AIEED Counselling. They have to report at the ARCH Academy of Design campus in Jaipur for the counselling process as per scheduled date and time slot. Candidates would be granted admission purely on the basis of merit.
- Candidates are required to carry AIEED Admit Card in a printed form, along with a valid ID proof and a valid migration and transfer certificate while reporting for counselling.
- The documents should be attested by a Grade 1 Gazetted officer. The final admission is granted on provisional basis and subject to the fulfilment of eligibility criteria. Admission of the candidate is considered final only after the approval of the affiliate authority.
- If candidates are absent on the specified date and time slot for the counselling session or have failed to submit the fee through Demand draft, their candidature for admission is liable to be cancelled. The seat would automatically pass to the next candidate in the merit list.
- In case of a query or doubt, candidates should contact the admission department of ARCH Academy of Design. Details are mentioned below:
Plot No 9, Govind Marg,
Malviya Nagar Institutional Area,
Phone Numbers: 0141-4060500/02/03, 9414070678, 180030700626
Working Hours: Monday to Saturday (10 am to 5 pm)
List of Courses offered through AIEED
The list of courses offered through AIEED 2020 is mentioned in the table below for reference of the candidates. Also given are the number of available seats for all courses for your reference:
|Undergraduate Programs (UG)||Postgraduate Programs (PG)|
|Fashion design (30 seats)||Fashion Design (30 seats)|
|Interior Design (30 seats)||GPEM (30 seats)|
|Graphic Design (20 seats)||Interior Design (30 seats)|
|Jewellery Design (20 seats)||Jewellery Design (30 seats)|
|Craft Product Design (20 seats)||Lifestyle Accessory Design (20 seats)|
|Design Management (20 seats)||Design Communication (20 seats)|
|BVA (Bachelor in Visual Arts) (24 seats)||Strategic Design Management (20 seats)|
|-||Strategic Management & Leadership (20 seats)|
- The scholarship will be given to the students on the basis of following criteria: AIEED result, Performance in past qualification, Interview + Portfolio, Income of the family, Ward of a single mother, Servicemen, Craftsmen or artisan etc.
- The scholarship will be awarded on first come first served basis.
- Once all the scholarships are claimed, further students would not be considered for the same, even if they fulfil all the requirements.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College