BLAT 2019 Exam Dates, Eligibility, Application Form, Pattern and Syllabus
BLAT 2019 will be conducted on in the month of May 2019 through offline (pen and paper-based) mode. The official notification for BLAT 2019 will be released in the month of February 2019. Candidates who wish to apply can submit their applications on the official website of University. BLAT 2019 Application Forms will be released in the month of February.
- BHU Law Entrance 2019 is expected to be held in offline mode in May 2019.
- BLAT exam consists of total 150 objective type of questions.
- The total marks allotted to the question paper is 450.
- Three marks will be allotted for every correct answer and one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The admit cards will be available a week before the exam and the result will be announced in the first week of June 2019.
|BLAT Eligibility||BLAT Exam Pattern||BLAT Cut Off|
BLAT or BHU Law Entrance Exam is a university level entrance exam organized by Banaras Hindu University every year. It is held for admission to LL B (Hons) and BA LL B (Hons) courses.
BHU Law Entrance Test Highlights Table
|Date of Exam||Third week of May 2019|
|Conducting Body||Banaras Hindu University|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium||English and Hindi|
|Type and Number of Questions||150 multiple-choice questions|
|Sections||General Awareness and Current Affairs, Common Legal Knowledge, Aptitude and Mental Ability|
|Courses Offered||LL B (Hons) and BA LL B (Hons)|
|Number of Seats||LL B (Hons) - 230 & BA LL B (Hons) - 60 respectively|
Dates for BHU Law Entrance Test
|Online Application begins from||First week of February 2019|
|Last date for Online Application||First week of March 2019|
|Admit cards will be available on||Last week of April 2019|
|Date of Exam||Third week of May 2019|
|Result announcement||First week of June 2019|
BHU Law Entrance Test 2019 Eligibility
The minimum eligibility requirement for LL B (Hons) is B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./ Shastri (at least 10+2+3 pattern) with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Any other degree under the pattern 10+2+3 recognized by the Bar Council of India securing minimum 50% in aggregate considering. The aggregate percentage is considered with all the subjects included in three year’s course except those subjects, where only passing marks are required and which are not included in the total in the final mark sheet.
- Age limit: The age restriction for BHU Law have been removed by the Supreme court and hence candidates of all ages are eligible to apply for the test.
- Number of attempts: There is no restriction on the attempts made by candidates.
- Citizenship/Residential criteria: The criteria for eligibility on the basis of citizenship is India and for Residential criteria, Migration certificate should be produced from the previous university. Foreign Nationals can be eligible if they meet the eligibility of 10+2+3 from equivalent university, hold valid foreign passport and have adequate knowledge of English and Hindi as required for the test.
- Academic qualification: 10+2+3 from any faculty with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks.
BHU Law Entance Test 2019 Application Form
Application for BHU Law Entrance 2019 is online only. Candidates can apply on the official website www.bhu.ac.in and are required to register and fill the form online. The forms will not be available offline or are meant to be sold. The registration is carried out on the Entrance Test Portal of BHU and then proceeded with filling the application form as per the procedure mentioned on the portal.
The Application begins in first week of February 2019 and the last date for submitting the application is first week of March 2019. The examination is held in third week of May 2019.
Here are the steps candidates are required to follow to fill the BHU Law Entrance form –
- Click on the given link and click and register by filling the details.
- On successful submission, a login id and password will be provided by the system and sent on the email id or on the registered phone number.
- The applicants are then required to login using the user id and password and fill the application form with personal details, educational details, marks and select up to five preferred exam centres.
- A passport size colour photograph must be uploaded as instructed on the screen
- On successful application, the final payment procedure should be followed. The instruction for the payment will be provided on the screen.
Here are the few measures you can take for quick and easy application of the form -
- Application form will be available on the official portal of BHU.
- Candidates are required to have a valid email address and mobile number for application
- Candidates must keep handy a recent passport sized colour photograph in JPEG format not more than 100kb in size.
- The marks should be kept handy while filling the application form, no documents are required in the process.
- The registration process is completed once the requisite application fees is processed via online payment method or challan in favour of HDFC bank. The application fee is non-refundable.
- Once the application is submitted successfully, Candidates are required to keep the printout of the application form for future reference.
- The application print must not be sent to the University. It is solely meant for candidates only.
The Application fee for BHU Law Entrance is categorised as for General category and ST/SC category. The application fee for General category candidates is Rs. 500 and for ST/SC category is Rs. 250 respectively.
The application payment mode is available in two methods i.e. online payment mode or Challan issued in the favour of HDFC bank. If candidate opts for online payment mode, the payment can be processed through debit card or credit card. Payment of application fees is the final stage of BHU Law Entrance.
- Online payment: Candidates can process the application fees via credit card or debit card. On selecting the online payment mode after successful submission of details, the screen will proceed with instructions of online payment. Candidates are required to follow the instructions and complete the process.
- Cash payment: The other option of payment of application fees is cash payment against challan in any HDFC bank. You can pay the fees in cash in any HDFC bank in any branch by downloading the challan from the portal. You will be allowed to download the challan only when you select “cash payment” while filling the form.
No print out of any document has to be sent to the University. However, candidates are required to keep the documents for their own record or future reference.
|General & OBC||INR 500|
BHU Law Entrance Test 2019 Admit Card
BHU Law 2019 Admit Card will be available online on the official website of BHU. The admit card is issued two weeks ago from the date of the examination.
Candidates who have successfully submitted the application for BHU Law Entrance 2019 will receive a SMS or email notification as filled at the time of application.
- The SMS or email will contain a direct link to the portal where candidates can fill in the application number and get access to the admit card.
- Once the admit card is downloaded, candidates are required to affix a passport size colour photograph on the admit card.
- The printout of admit card is mandatory and candidate should furnish at the time of exam.
- Candidate without admit cards will not be allowed to attempt the exam.
- Once the admit card is downloaded, candidates are advised to take the printout which should be taken along on the day of examination.
BHU Law Entrance Test 2019 Exam Centers
At the time of application, candidates are required to select 5 BHU Law Entrance Exam Centres 2019 in the sequence of preference. The final exam centre is allotted will be mentioned on the admit card.
- The examination centre once allotted cannot be changed upon request or under any circumstance.
- The complete list of Exam centres of BHU Law Entrance 2019 will be displayed on the official website.
- Candidates should reach the respective exam centre at least an hour before the commencement of examination and must carry the admit card along with an identity proof id required at the centre.
BHU Law Entrance Test 2019 Exam Pattern
While preparing for the BHU Law Entrance Test, it is necessary to study the exam pattern and plan the study structure accordingly.
- The Entrance exam comprises of 150 multiple choice questions to be completed within 120 minutes’ exam duration.
- The medium of exam is English and Hindi and candidate is required to fill the medium at the time of application.
- The total marks allotted for 150 questions is 450.
- The mode of the exam is offline and the questions will be based on subjects such as English Comprehension, General Awareness and Current Affairs, Aptitude and Mental Ability and Common Legal Knowledge.
- The exam pattern will not be sectioned and will contain multiple choice questions based on the subjects mentioned above.
The marking scheme includes negative marking for every response. Three marks will be allotted to every correct answer and one mark will be deducted from the total for every wrong answer. Attempting all 150 questions is mandatory and zero marks will be allotted for the unanswered questions. Candidates are required to attempt 150 questions within the time span of 120 minutes.
Black or Blue pen can be used to fill the OMR sheet given with the question paper. Candidates are required to submit the OMR sheet to the supervisor before leaving the exam hall.
Exam Pattern Highlights Table
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number of Questions||150 objective questions|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Sections in Paper||Not applicable|
BHU Law Entrance Test 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for BHU Law Entrance includes objective question based on diverse topics. The subjects that the syllabus comprises are English Comprehension, General Awareness and Current Affairs, Aptitude and Mental Ability and Common Legal Knowledge.
- The exam paper will include two sets of multiple choice questions based on Language Comprehension in Hindi and English.
- For candidates who have opted English as the medium of answering will have to attempt English Comprehension questions given in the paper.
- For candidates who have opted for Hindi as the medium of answering will have to attempt Hindi Comprehension questions provided in the question paper.
The weightage of the subjects is equally dispersed in the form of multiple-choice questions.
- The English Comprehension questions are included to judge the Language capability of candidates.
- General Awareness and Current Affairs comprises of questions that are based on the general awareness and the current affairs and happenings taking place on the global as well as national front to check candidate’s awareness of the social topics.
- Aptitude and Mental Ability comprises questions based on logic and knowledge to judge candidate’s rationale and decision-making ability.
- Common Legal Knowledge question comprises of the legal questions that are commonly known and considered as a part of general knowledge. The candidate is tested overall with topics concerning social, general, political and logical questions to be eligible to study for the applied course.
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author||ISBN|
|BHU Banaras Hindu University L.L.B Entrance Exam 2019||Arihant Experts||ISBN-10: 9311121169 ISBN-13: 978-9311121161|
|General Knowledge 2019||Manohar Pandey||ISBN-10: 9311122548 ISBN-13: 978-9311122540|
|BHU Banaras Hindu University L.L.B Bachelor of Law & Legislation Entrance Exam||Arihant Experts||ISBN-10: 9385873989 ISBN-13: 978-9385873980|
BHU Law Entrance Test 2019 Result
BHU Law 2019 Result is announced by 1st or 2nd week of June on the official website. The result will be displayed on the website with specified qualification status with the marks scored by the aspirants. The answer key to the Entrance test is also displayed on the official website before the announcement of the result.
After the result is announced, the merit list will be prepared by BHU. Candidates who will qualify the minimum marks criteria will be ranked in the merit list. Once the merit list is released, candidates are notified and invited for the counselling process based on their rank and scores achieved in the Entrance test. To view the scoreboard and result for BHU Law Entrance 2019, candidates are required to log on to the official website.
- After logging in with their application number/seat number, candidates can view the displayed scorecard, answer key and the result displayed on the website.
- Candidates can download the scorecard and take a printout which will be required for the further admission process.
- After the merit list is released, candidates will be notified via email for the further counselling process by BHU to proceed with the admission process
As per the merit list, if two or more candidates acquire same score then it will be resolved by giving the preference to candidate with higher marks in the qualifying degree or to candidate who is elder in age.
BHU Law Entrance Test 2019 Answer Key
BHU will release the final answer key for BHU Law Entrance 2019 within 4-5 days after the test. BHU Law Entrance 2019 will be available on the official website by first week of June 2019.
Candidates who appeared for the exam are required to cross-verify their response with the released answer key. This will provide and idea to candidates of the answers and their response recorded in the duplicate OMR sheet. If required, Candidates can file objection against BHU 2019 answer key if at all one finds any discrepancies with regards to any question or released answer key.
BHU Law Entrance Test 2019 Cut off
BHU Law Entrance 2019 cut-off will be declared on the official website with the minimum marks that are required by candidates to qualify the test.
- The cut-off will be displayed in the form of minimum marks by the University.
- The cut-off will be categorised on the basis of categories such as General, OBC, SC, ST, OPH, VI, HI and Employee ward respectively.
- The cut-off list will help candidates to determine the scores obtained by them in the entrance test.
- Also, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of the scores and cut-off by the University.
- After the declaration of cut-off and merit list, the procedure will commence with counselling of candidates and document verification for the further process of admission for the student’s desired course.
After the counselling, a call letter will be provided by the University by email which candidates will be required to attach with the document at the time of admission.
|College/Course||Cut-off marks||Closing Rank|
|BHU for General Category||176||654|
|BHU for OBC||176||150|
|BHU for SC||178||18|
|BHU for ST||191||4|
|BHU for Employee Ward||-5||53|
BHU Law Entrance Test 2019 Counselling
The Counselling for BHU Law Entrance 2019 will be conducted by the Banaras Hindu University in July 2019. The registration form has to be filled by qualifying candidates based on their preference of college or University. The counselling call letter provided to candidates should be furnished at the time of the counselling session. The call letter will include all the details such as location and venue of the counselling, time, date and other important details mentioned by BHU.
Candidates are required to reach an hour before the time and report at the counselling venue with documents mentioned in the email along with the call letter. The admission fee of the counselling will be required to be paid by the candidates either using online or offline mode. Candidate will be required to proceed with the admission process once the counselling session is carried out by the University.
The counselling process for BHU Law Entrance 2019 will be carried out in three steps:
- Online Preference Entry: Candidate is required to fill in the Preference form which will be notified by the University via email. Or a call letter will be issued via email with an invitation the Counselling session along with date and venue. In the preference entry form, candidates are required to fill in details such as subject, programme, course applied, location, rank, seat type etc.
- Activity on the day of Counselling: Candidate will require to attend the Counselling session set by the University.
- Activity on the next day of Counselling: Candidate is required to follow the process after the Counselling as the final stage of admission.
Once these three steps are fulfilled by candidate, then the final admission process will begin.
For follow up process of Counselling, candidates are required to carry documents for verification.
Documents for BHU Law Entrance 2019
- Mark sheet of 10th class and 12th class
- BHU Law Entrance Call letter
- BHU Law Entrance score card
- Admit card for BHU Law Entrance 2019
- 10th class certificate as proof of Date of Birth
- Caste Certificate for category candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC
- Employee Ward certificate for children of BHU employees
- Medical Certificate for Physically handicap category
- Migration certificate
Character certificate:The final stage of the Counselling of BHU Law Entrance requires candidates to submit the fees and book the seat. The failure of payment of fees will result in cancellation of the allotted seat.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College