BLAT is a law entrance examination conducted by Banaras Hindu University for admission to law courses offered at the university. Applicants are selected based on the performance in the BLAT exam and should have passed the last qualifying degree. BHU conducts two different exams for undergraduate and postgraduate admission. For undergraduate admission, UET (Undergraduate Entrance Test) and for postgraduate admission, PET (Postgraduate Entrance Test).
- April, 2021: BLAT 2021 exam schedule for UG and PG programs has not yet been released.
- April, 2021: Candidate planning to appear to BLAT exam can solve practice papers and mock test to ace the test. Download Here.
- Feb, 2021: BHU is expected to release BLAT 2021 Application form.
BLAT 2021 Registration portal has not yet been opened by BHU. Candidates who fulfil the eligibility (50% aggregate marks in 10+2+3 for general and 45% for reserved candidates) can fill BLAT 2021 Registration Form till the deadline. Check BLAT Application Process. BLAT Exam Date 2021 is scheduled for May 11, 2021.
- BLAT Exam Pattern is different for PG LLB and UG LLB courses. BLAT is a 3 hour long paper and has negative marking.
- The paper consists of questions from GK/Current Affairs, English/ Hindi Comprehension, Aptitude and Mental Ability, and Common Legal Knowledge
- BLAT was conducted separately earlier, but now it has been combined and is now conducted with UET and PET.
BLAT 2021 Exam Highlights
|Name of Exam||Banaras Hindu University Law Admission Test (BLAT)|
|Conducting Authority||Banaras Hindu University (BHU)|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Mode of Exam||Offline & Online|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Duration||120 minutes|
|Medium of Exam||English & Hindi|
|Exam Purpose||Admission to LLB (Hons) & 5-year Integrated BA LLB (Hons) courses|
|Type of Questions||Objective|
|Total Number of Question||150|
|Marking Scheme||+3 for a correct answer -1 for an incorrect answer|
|Total Seat Capacity for Intake||230 (LLB) |
60 (BA LLB)
|Course Fees||₹60,000 per year approx.|
BLAT 2021 Exam Dates
|BLAT Registration & Application Form|
|BLAT Registration Last Date|
|BLAT Admit Card|
|BLAT Exam Date|
|BLAT Result Date|
|BLAT Counseling Process|
For BHU PET Course-
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Commencement of Registration & Application link availability|
|Last Date to Apply|
|Availability of BLAT 2021 Admit Card for download|
|Date of Entrance Examination|
|BLAT 2021 Result Declaration|
|Commencement of BLAT 2021 Counseling Process|
BLAT 2021 Application Form
Application for BLAT 2021 should be filled online through the official website of BHU. The window for registration will be active once BHU announces the admission schedule and the registration of BLAT commences. Aspiring candidates should follow updates from BHU authorities so as to not miss the BLAT examination.
- Aspirants should visit the official BHU site and go to the BLAT registration section once exam registration for the specific year commences.
- Basic details like the applicant’s name, relevant personal details, educational qualification, contact, and email should be filled in at the first stage of the BLAT application.
- Upload scanned copies of relevant certificates, passport size photograph that was taken in a professional studio, candidate’s signature in corresponding spaces.
- The scanned documents should be the latest, in prescribed size and format, and should have clarity.
- After filling out your BLAT application form, check for possible errors, and correct them before making payment.
- Candidates should take a print out of their application form for future reference.
BLAT 2021 Application Fee
As mentioned earlier, the BLAT 2021 application fee can be paid through online payment methods like credit cards, debit cards, or net banking.
- Always make sure that all the given details in the application form are correct. After payment of the application fee, the application will be finalized.
- For general category students, the BLAT application fee is Rs 500 and for minority reserved category candidates it is Rs 250.
- Candidates who do not have access to online payment methods have the option to pay the application fee through offline mode. They can pay the fee as challan in HDFC bank branches.
BLAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
BLAT 2021 can be attended only by candidates who satisfy certain eligibility requirements. The educational and age criteria for BLAT 2021 entrance examination for different law courses at BHU is given below.
LLB (Hons.) Course
For LLB Honours at BHU candidates should satisfy the following eligibility requirements;
- Educational Qualification: Applicants who want to apply for the exam must have completed BA, B.Sc., B.Com, or any equivalent exam from a known university or institute.
- Minimum marks: Applicants who want to apply for the entrance exam must have scored at least 50% marks in the qualifying exams.
- Age Criteria: Applicants who are below the age of 30 years are eligible to apply for the exam.
BA LLB (Hons.) Course
For BA LLB Honours, the given eligibility requirements are mandatory for appearing and attending the examination.
- Educational Qualification: HSC exams or any equivalent exam in any stream should be completed by the applicant.
- Minimum Marks: Applicants who want to apply for the entrance exam must have scored at least 50% marks (45% marks for OBC category applicants and 40% marks for SC, ST category applicants) in the qualifying exams.
- Age Criteria: Applicants who are of 20 years are eligible to apply for the exam.
Appearing Applicants: Applicants who are in process of the final exam of the HSC are also eligible to apply for the exam.
Candidates applying for LLM, which is the masters level law course, should satisfy the following eligibility requirements.
- Educational Qualification: Applicants who want to apply for the exam must hold a three year or five year LLB degree from a known university or college.
- Minimum marks: Minimum of 50% marks should be obtained by the applicants who want to apply for the exam.
- Age Criteria: There is no maximum age limit to apply for LLM.
BLAT 2021 Exam Pattern
The BLAT exam pattern for every year is subject to slight changes, but overall the core syllabus of the exam remains the same.
- The duration for BLAT entrance is 120 minutes OR 2 Hours for the entire paper of the exam.
- BLAT is conducted in offline mode, where the questions are objective type multiple-choice questions.
- The question paper for BLAT will be in English as well as Hindi mediums.
- The exam paper carries a total mark of 450, where each correct answer is awarded 3 marks.
- BLAT has a negative marking scheme, where each incorrect answer will get -1 marks.
BLAT 2021 Syllabus
The Important Information related to the Syllabus for the entrance exam is listed below for the reference of the applicants:
University has decided that the syllabus is different for UG and PG law courses. Applicants who are appearing for the UG law course are advised to refer to important topics like general awareness, current affairs, common legal knowledge, aptitude, and mental ability, etc.
Applicants may refer to topics like jurisprudence, the law of contracts, the law of torts, constitutional law, the law of crimes, public international law, Indian evidence act, environment law, Muslim law and Hindu law, etc if applying for PG law course.
Applicants are recommended to refer to the above-mentioned topics in order to score good marks in the entrance exam. However, applicants are recommended to refer to the official website of the University for More Information.
BLAT 2021 Admit Card
The important information related to the releasing of admit card is listed below for the reference of the applicants:
Admit cards will be available in online mode for the applicants. Applicants need to download BLAT 2021 admit card from the result and take the printout of the admit card for further reference.
Applicants will also receive information related to the admit card by email/SMS on the registered email ID or Phone number. Admit cards should be carried at the time of examination.
BLAT 2021 Results
Applicants will get BLAT 2021 results after one week of the completion of the entrance exam on the official website of the university.
Authority will also send an email or SMS to the applicants related to the details of the declaration of the results on the registered Email Id or phone number. The result should be downloaded and make a copy of the same for further reference.
Must Read: BLAT 2021 Result and Counselling Process
BLAT 2021 Counselling
The important information related to the Counseling Process is listed below for the reference of the applicants:
- After the declaration of the results, the authority will prepare a merit list of the applicants.
- Authority will conduct the counselling process for the applicants based on the merit list.
- After the declaration of the results, applicants are instructed to download the call letter.
- Call letters will be available in online mode on the official website of the university for the applicants.
- On the website, applicants are requested to fill the choice of course according to their preference.
- Applicants are requested to be present in person at the counselling venue on a decided date and time.
- Applicants are instructed to carry important documents (original and attested copies) for the verification
- After completion of the counselling process, the authority will allot seats to the applicants on the basis of the merit list, filled choices, and availability of seats.
BLAT 2021 FAQs
Ques: How to prepare for BLAT 2021?
Ans: To prepare for BLAT 2021, aspirants should refer to the previous year's question papers and try to solve them by setting a time limit. Also, go through the entire syllabus of BLAT and make sure that you are familiar with each topic and subtopics. Reference books and study materials are available online as well as there are several guides and books to help the study process.
Ques: Can I apply for BLAT after completing 12th?
Ans: Aspirants who plan to study 5 year integrated BA LLB honours programs at BHU affiliated colleges can appear for BLAT. However, for LLB Honours (3 Year) as well as LLM requires higher qualifications such as Bachelor’s degree or LLB.
Ques: Is it possible to apply for BLAT through offline mode?
Ans: BLAT application is only accepted through online mode. It can be done through the official website of BHU.
Ques: Should I send a copy of the completed BLAT application to the university?
Ans: Candidates do not have to send a copy of the BLAT application to the university. They should take a printout of the same and keep it safe with themselves for future references.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.