DAV University Entrance Test (DAVUET) is a university level examination conducted by DAV University, Jalandhar, Punjab. DAVUET 2018 will be conducted to test the aptitude of candidates seeking admission to various undergraduate courses in Engineering and Science in DAV University, Jalandhar, Punjab.
- Candidates who will be eligible for admission and whose application will be accepted shall be allowed to appear for the Entrance Examination.
- DAVUET 2018 Application Form filling will start in January 2018, and the examination will be held in the last week of April 2018 in offline mode.
- DAVUET 2018 will be held in the month of April 2018 at selected venues across India
- DAVUET 2018 question paper will consist of 100 questions of the objective type.
- One-fourth mark will be deducted for wrong or unanswered questions.
- DAVUET 2018 Results are expected to be out by the second week of May 2018
- Counselling and Seat Allocation process will begin shortly after the declaration of the results.
DAVUET 2018 Highlights Table
The table given below gives important information on DAVUET 2018.
|Date of Exam||April 2017|
|Conducting Body||DAV University, Jalandhar|
|Name of the Exam||DAV University Entrance Test (DAVUET)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes|
|Course Offered||B.Tech. and B.Sc.(Hons.)|
DAVUET 2018 Dates
The conducting body of DAVUET 2018 will release official notification to fill DAVUET 2018 Application Form in the month of January 2018. The last date of submission of duly filled application form will be in the third week of April 2018. Admit cards will be issued to candidate after the submission of application form at the examination centers itself.
DAVUET 2018 Entrance Examination will be conducted in the last week of April or first week of May 2018.
|Closing date of filling Application Form||Third week of April 2018|
|Date of Entrance Examination||Last week of April 2018|
|Declaration of Result||Second week of May 2018|
|Counselling Procedure starts||Third week of May 2018|
DAVUET 2018 Eligibility
Before applying for DAVUET 2018, all candidates must be aware of the eligibility criteria set by the conducting body, DAV University. It is compulsory for all candidate to meet the eligibility criteria to apply for the application form. After clearing the eligibility criteria applicant can apply for the application form.
Here are the Eligibility Criteria of DAVUET 2018 which is given as follow.
- Candidates appearing in Class XII or equivalent examination in 2018 are eligible to appear in the test.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 or any other equivalent examination with minimum 55% aggregate of marks in respective subject combinations given below are also eligible (relaxation of 5% marks is given to SC candidates).
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination shall be admitted to the course only if he/she provides the proof of passing the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks at the time of admission.
Combination of Subjects in DAVUET 2018 for admission into various courses:
|Name of The Course||Subject Combination|
|B.Tech.(all programs) B.Sc.(Hons.)Mathematics B.Sc. Computer Science (General)||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|B.Sc. (Hons.)Agriculture/Biotechnology/Biochemistry/Chemistry/Microbiology/Physics||Physics, Chemistry, Biology OR Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics|
|B.Sc. (Hons.)Botany/Zoology||Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
Note: If a candidate has studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology in Class XI and XII, and opts for the same for DAVUET 2018, he/she will be considered for the merit list of both B.Tech. and B.Sc.(Hons.) programs.
DAVUET 2018 Application Form
The application process for DAVUET 2018 will start from January. Candidates are required to fill the form online. The entrance examination 2018 for DAV University will be held in the month of April 2018 at different exam centers across India.
The procedure for DAVUET 2018 Online Application Form is as follows:
- Visit the official website www.davuniversity.org
- Read all instructions for fill online application form
- Fill the application form with your Personal Details like name, DOB, Address details, contact information, nationality
- Select the examination center, candidate can choose only one center where he/she wishes to take DAVUET 2018
- After filling these details click on submit
- Click on Submit button and confirm the details
- Get a printout of the filled online form, DAVUET 2018 Admit Card, and the attendance slip.
- Affix latest photographs of passport size on each of them and put signature wherever required
The duly filled form in all respects along with registration fee will have to be submitted by hand or by registered post/speed post/courier to the examination center selected by candidate in his/her application form.
Candidate will have to pay the fee of INR 200 at the examination center opted by candidate at the time of submission.
- Multi-City Cheque or Demand Draft
The fee can also be deposited through Multi-City cheque/DD of INR 200 drawn in favour of “Principal………………..” (Fill in respective examination center) payable at the respective city. Candidate should write his/her name, address and mobile number on the reverse side of multi-city cheque/DD. For example, if a candidate has opted DAV Public School, BRS Nagar, Ludhiana as examination center, candidate should draw a cheque/DD in favour of "Principal, DAV Public School, BRS Nagar, Ludhiana"
- Note: In case candidate has opted for DAV University as a test centers the Multi-city cheque/DD of INR 100 is to be drawn in favour of Registrar, DAV University, Jalandhar
- Application Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances
DAVUET 2018 Admit Card
DAVUET 2018 Admit Card will be issued only to those candidates who have submitted their application forms complete in all respects, on or before the last date
admit card will be sent to applicants by post or he/she can collect it by hand from the respective test centers. If candidates do not receive the admit card by due date he/she should contact the respective examination center at least two days before the exam date
Applicants are advised to submit the completely filled DAVUET 2018 application form before the deadline date at the notified designated centers of DAV University to get the Admit card.
DAVUET 2018 Exam Pattern
DAVUET 2018 will be Pen & paper based test. The examination paper will cover Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology at 10+2 level. Each of the above topics will contain 25 questions. The question paper will consist of 100 questions of the objective type.
Candidates will be awarded one mark for each correct answer. For every incorrect answer one-fourth of the mark assigned will be deducted and zero marks for the questions not answered.
|Section||Subject||No Of Questions|
Answer sheets (OMR Answer sheets) will be given to candidates to mark the answers. It is mandatory for aspirants to use ball point pen (blue or black ink) only, for all the entries in the OMR Answer sheet including the filling of bubbles. If there is more than one answer bubbled against a question, it will be considered as incorrect response and will be awarded negative marks.
Some important highlights related to DAVUET 2018 Exam Pattern is given below:
- Candidates opting for PCM stream should attempt the sections A, B and C.
- Candidates opting for PCB stream should attempt the sections A, B and D.
- Candidates opting for PCMB stream should attempt all the sections.
- 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- One-fourth of the marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
- Entrance examination will be conducted by DAV University in pencil-paper based format.
- DAVUET 2018 Entrance Exam shall be taken in English language only.
The syllabus for DAVUET 2018 will be based on CBSE syllabi of 10+2 level. Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Students are advised to prepare these sections thoroughly. Aspirants can also practice the previous year’s question papers to get an idea about the kind of questions asked. Candidates must practice all topics to get a grip of all the topics.
DAVUET 2018 Result
Results of DAVUET 2018 will be announced by the second week of May 2018. After the evaluation of answer sheets, DAV University will declare the results on its official site. The result will contain the name, application number/roll number of candidates selected for further rounds of the admission process.
How to Check DAVUET 2018 Results?
- Visit the official website of DAVUET Admission
- Click on the link for ‘DAVUET 2018 Results’
- Enter the Roll number and Date of Birth
- Check the details on DAVUET 2018 Results
- Download and take printout of DAVUET 2018 Results
Note: There is no provision for re-checking/re-evaluation of the answer sheets. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
DAVUET 2018 Merit List
DAV University will publish separate merit list for each course based on candidates’ performance in the entrance test. DAV Merit List will be published along with the declaration of the results. Ranking of the merit list will be in the descending order of total marks scored in the entrance exam. There will be no separate merit list of SC/ST candidates. Based on candidates’ performance, they will be called for Counselling procedure.
DAVUET Cutoff is the minimum score required to secure admission in the various courses offered by DAV University.
DAVUET cut off will depend on a lot of factors such as:
- The number of applicants,
- The number of seats available,
- Previous year cut off marks and the difficulty levels of the entrance test.
Only those students who will score more than the cutoff marks will be considered as the qualified candidates and will be eligible to take part in the counselling procedure.
DAVUET 2018 Counselling
Only candidates who will be shortlisted based on DAVUET 2018 will be eligible for the counselling process. Candidates will have to check the official site for date and time of the counselling.
DAVUET 2018 Counselling will be held at DAV University premises in Jalandhar, Punjab and/or at a center to be notified later subsequent to the declaration of the result. The admission will be provided on the basis merit. Merit List will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s score in the entrance examination.
Counselling and Seat Allotment will be done in the sequential order based on candidates’ performance.
- All the certificates and documents of candidate will be verified at the counselling center on the stipulated date.
- Candidate should appear for Counselling procedure himself/herself with all the necessary documents.
- No other person will be allowed to appear for the counselling and admission on behalf of candidate.
- Candidates will have to download and take a printout of his/her counselling letter/counselling record from the University website and appear for the counselling as per the counselling schedule.
- It is the responsibility of candidates to confirm whether they possess the required qualification for admission or not.
- Admission is provisional till he/she submit the complete prescribed fee, get all document verified and complete the admission formalities
- Change of date/time of counselling is generally not permissible.
- If a candidate does not appear for counselling/interview on the date and time specified in the call letter, his/her seat shall be offered to the next candidate in order of merit.
- Candidates will have to deposit the prescribed fee on confirmation of the seat and acceptance of the branch allotted.
Documents Required During Counselling
Candidates are required to produce the following documents in original along with one set of photocopies while reporting for counselling.
- Call letter of Counselling
- DAVUET 2018 Admit Card
- Marks sheet of High School (Class X
- Original or Provisional Marks Sheet of Qualifying Examination(SSC/12th)
- One valid Identity proof
- Three passport size photographs
- Any other document or fee specified in the Call Letter of Counselling
Note: Candidates who have appeared in JEE Main 2018 will also be considered for seats left vacant after the counselling in engineering branches.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College