DU JAT Application Form 2021 will be available from the 3rd week of June 2021 on the official website. Candidates willing to appear for taking admission in BMS, BA(Hons.) in Business Economics, and BBA will be able to apply for it through online mode. The Exam will be conducted in a computer-based mode. The last date to apply for the programs will be the 4th week of June 2021 and the exam is expected to be conducted in the month of July 2021. NTA will be conducting DU JAT 2021 on behalf of Delhi University.
All the details related to the DU JAT 2021 application form such as Fee, Process to apply are provided in this article.
DU JAT Application Form 2021 Highlights
The following table gives brief information on the mode of application and payment:
|DU JAT 2021 Application Form Highlights|
|DU JAT Exam 2021||Delhi University Joint Admission Test (DU JAT)|
|DU JAT 2021 Conducting Body||University of Delhi|
|Mode of DU JAT Application 2021||Online|
|Mode of DU JAT 2021 Fee Payment||Online|
DU JAT 2021 Application Form Dates
Candidates desiring to appear for DU JAT 2021 should follow the important dates related to the release of the notification of application form, last date of application, expected date of announcement of results etc. in mind.
Candidates must keep a track of the following important dates that are applicable to DU JAT 2021 Application Form:
|DU JAT 2021 Online Registration commences from||3rd week of June 2021|
|Last date to submit the DU JAT Applications||4th week of June 2021|
|DU JAT 2021 admit card will be available from||1st week of July 2021|
|DU JAT 2021 exam date||2nd week of July 2021|
|DU JAT 2021 result declaration||August 2021|
|Starting Of Counselling Procedure||August 2021|
|Commencement Of Classes||September 2021|
Documents Required for DU JAT 2021 Application Process
Candidates need to have the following documents ready before applying for DU JAT 2021: Delhi University Joint Admission Test (DU JAT) is also known as Delhi University BMS CET. It is an annual entrance exam conducted by the University of Delhi. Candidates seeking admission to Bachelor of Business Administration and Finance and Investment Analysis (BBA, FIA), Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) and BA (H) Business Economics courses at the University of Delhi can appear for DU JAT 2021.
Candidates have to upload the following documents along with the application form:
- Candidate’s recent colored passport size photograph
- The payment acknowledgment receipt
- Candidate’s pass certificate and mark sheet of Class 10
- Candidate's mark sheet of Class 12th board exam
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Candidate’s photo identity proof (voter id card/ passport/ driving license etc.)
DU JAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates seeking admission to the University of Delhi must fulfill the following DU JAT 2021 eligibility criteria.
- Candidates must have passed their class 12 board exams from any recognized central or state board of education. Furthermore, they will have to score a minimum of 60% in their class 12 board exams.
- For reserved category students (Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Classes/ Persons with Physical Disability) there is a relaxation of 5% in the minimum marks.
- They have to score a minimum of 55% in their class 12 board exams to be eligible for DU JAT 2021.
- Foreign students can apply by registering to the concerned unit at DU.
The eligibility criteria for all necessary factors are given in detail in the table below. Candidates can refer to the same or visit the official website for any clarification.
|Age||There is no minimum age bar as per the ordinance- I of the University of Delhi.|
|Educational Qualification||The minimum pass percentage for all the general category candidates is 60%. The minimum pass percentage for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD category candidates is 55%.|
|Nationality||Candidates will have to register themselves with the Foreign Students Registry first to be able to be eligible for application to DU JAT 2021.|
How to Fill DU JAT 2021 Application Form?
There will be no offline mode to apply for DU JAT 2021. Candidates can fill the exam form by following the steps listed below:
Step 1 - Creating an Account
Candidates will have to create a login id and password with their valid email id.
Step 2 - Filling up the Form
Once the Login ID and Password is created by candidates, they will need to login into their account and fill in the details as mentioned below
- Their name
- Their date of birth
- Address for correspondence
- Contact details
- Their marks in the class 10th board exam
- Their marks in the class 12th board exam
- Annual family exam etc.
Guidelines for uploading photograph and signature
- Candidates have to upload a scanned image of his/her passport size photograph and signature as per the required specifications set by DU JAT conducting body. The scanner resolution should be set to a minimum of 200 dpi (dots per inch) for optimum results.
Passport size photograph image
- Candidates need to upload a recently clicked passport size photograph, It should ideally be a colored image and clicked against a light-colored or white background so that they are clearly visible
- The image should be a front-faced photo without any red-eye.
- In case the candidate is wearing spectacles, he/she must make sure that there is no reflection on the glasses and their eyes can be seen clearly.
- Caps, hats, and dark glasses will not be acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed however it must not cover the candidate’s face.
- Dimensions of the picture should be 100 x 120 pixels.
- The size of the file should be between 5 kb to 10 kb.
- File format should be in .jpg/ .jpeg
- The signature should be done on white paper in a black inked pen only.
- The dimensions of the signature image should be 140 x 60 pixels.
- The size of the file should be between 1 kb and 12 kb.
- The file format should be in .jpg/ .jpeg
Step 3 - Selecting the course
Candidates will now have to select the courses they are applying for. They can choose from:
- Bachelor of Business Administration and Finance and Investment Analysis (BBA, FIA)
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
- BA (H) Business Economics
Step 4 - Paying the fee
Candidates will now have to pay the application fee based on the number of subjects they have applied for and their category. Payment has to be done in online mode only. Candidates can opt for a credit card, a debit card, or a net banking facility to pay the application fees.
Application fee for DU JAT 2021 will differ from category to category. Candidates can note down the fee structure of DU JAT 2021 from the table below:
|Category||Application Fee (INR)|
|General / OBC||750|
|SC / ST/ CW/ PwD||300|
|Foreign Students||Application Fee will be according to the Delhi University norms and guidelines|
|Additional Registration Fee For ECA/Sports||100|
|Admission Cancellation Fee||1000|
Candidates will have to pay the fee through an online payment gateway only. They can use a credit card, debit card, or net banking facility for the payment of fees.
Step 5 - Final steps
An acknowledgment slip will be generated after the successful payment of application fees. Candidates will have to take a print out of this for future reference.
If a candidate is unable to complete the entire application process in one go because of any issue, they can save details as a draft and log out of their account. The form will be saved and candidates can log in again later and can fill up the complete form and make the payment. Candidates must note that payment of the fees is the full and final step of the application process. Once the fees are paid, no changes will be allowed in the application form.
Candidates will have to carry the printout of the acknowledgment slip for all future reference related to the admission through DU JAT 2021 till the time of the admission to candidates’ preferred and chosen college.
Details to be mentioned in DU JAT Application Form 2021
The following details will have to be entered by candidates while filling the application form:
|Name||As per their Class X certificate|
|Guardian’s Name||Name of their father/mother/guardian as per the class X certificate|
|Date of Birth||As per class X certificate|
|Category||First appropriate category - SC/ST/OBC/PH/KM/Foreign Student|
|Gender||Male or Female|
|Qualifying Exam||Details of last qualifying exam|
|Address||The correct address of communication with Pin Code|
|Communication Details||Correct phone number and email id|
|Photograph and Signature||Recent passport size photograph and signature in the given format|
DU JAT 2021 Guidelines
Candidates must follow some important guidelines before sitting for DU JAT 2021.
- Candidates must not wait for the last day of registration because the website may crash due to high traffic and so you will not able to complete your registration.
- The detailed schedule for DU JAT 2021 exam, downloading Hall Ticket, exam dates will be available on the website of NTA.
- Candidates and their parents are advised to keep visiting the Delhi University Admission 2021 website and NTA Active Exam website.
DU JAT 2021 Application Form Faqs
Ques: What is the fee for candidates belonging to the general category?
Ans: The application fee for the general category will be INR 750. For other categories it will be INR. 300.
Ques: What are the important documents required while filling DU JAT 2021 Application Form?
Ans: Candidates have to keep the following documents ready before filling DU JAT 2021 Application Form.
High School Marksheet
Class XII Marksheet
Category Certificate ( if any)
Ques: When did the application process for DU JAT 2021 begin?
Ans: DU JAT 2021 registration will commence from the 3rd week of June 2021.
Ques: When did the DU JAT application process end?
Ans: DU JAT 2021 application process will be concluded in the 4th week of July 2021.
Ques: Can I apply for multiple programs in one form?
Ans: Yes, you can apply for multiple courses through a single DU JAT 2021 application form.
Ques: Is it possible to change/update the information provided by the applicant in the online application form, once the fee is submitted?
Ans: Yes, the applicant can change/update information till the last date of registration with the correction fees of INR 100.
Ques: Do I need to fill separate application forms for applying to different colleges?
Ans: No, there is no need to fill separate forms. By filling the registration form candidates will be eligible for admission to different colleges of Delhi University.
Ques: How can I pay for the registration fee on DU UG Portal?
Ans: Payment is accepted online only through credit card/debit card/net banking/UPI.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.