HORTICET 2019 is conducted by the Dr. Y. S. R Horticultural University, Venkataramannagudem. It is a gateway for admitting aspirants into the 4 year B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture program offered by the various affiliated institutes. This year, HORTICET 2019 is scheduled for July 18, 2019 in offline mode (Pen paper-based). The medium of language will be Telugu only.
- The duration of the test will be 2 hours (120 minutes). It will consist of objective type questions.
- The total 200 questions will be asked in the entrance test.
- Every correct answer will be awarded +1 mark and negative marking scheme will not be applicable.
- The syllabus of HORTICET 2019 will be of Higher Secondary level. The topics covered in the 2 year Horticulture Diploma in the university will be the basis of the syllabus.
HORTICET 2019 Exam Pattern Highlights
HORTICET 2019 Exam Pattern gives all the candidates an idea about what should be expected in the exam. The details about various aspects related to the horticulture exam like the mode of the exam, time duration of the exam, type of questions that will be asked in the test, marking scheme, total number of questions, etc. are given in the table that follows:
|HORTICET 2019 Exam Mode||Offline (pen and paper based test)|
|Question Paper type||Objective (MCQs)|
|Number of Sections||1|
|Total no. of questions||200|
|Marks awarded for correct answer||+1|
|Exam duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Medium of language||Telugu|
|Negative marking||Not Applicable|
HORTICET 2019 Exam Pattern
HORTICET 2019 will be conducted via a single question paper that will consist of a single section. Aspirants can choose to attempt any question in the order they want. They will have to mark their answers on an OMR sheet by darkening the respective bubble. There will be no sectional time limit i.e. no restriction of solving a particular section within a stipulated amount of time in HORTICET 2019.
- HORTICET 2019 is a pen and paper based test.
- The question paper will be available in the Telugu language only.
- It will comprise of 200 objective type questions which have to be solved within 120 minutes.
- The maximum marks a candidate can score in HORTICET 2019 are 200.
- Participants will be required to select the answer that seems the most accurate out of 4 alternative options given in the question paper.
- They must note that negative marking will not be applicable in this entrance test.
HORTICET 2019 Marking Scheme
Applicants must make sure that they know the marking scheme in order to decide how to attempt the questions in the horticulture entrance test. There has been no change in the HORTICET 2019 Marking Scheme and it is the same as it was for the year 2016.
It should be noted that negative marking will not be applicable for the test. The marking scheme is given as follows: -
- +1 marks will be awarded to students for marking every accurate answer.
- There will be no penalty of marks charged for marking wrong or incorrect answers i.e. negative marking will be not applicable.
- Marks will not be deducted from the total score secured by the individual for leaving a question blank or failure in attempting it.
- The marking of two options on the OMR sheet will be considered as a wrong answer and no marks will be awarded for that question.
HORTICET 2019 Qualifying Marks
The qualifying marks criterion for HORTICET 2019 is 25% of the total aggregate marks for General and OBC categories. In the case of applicants belonging to the SC/ ST category there will be no minimum qualifying marks for ranking the candidates in the exam conducted by the Dr. YSRHU.
HORTICET 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for HORTICET 2019 is based on higher secondary school level knowledge. It will be as decided by Dr. YSRHU.
The questions asked will be based on all the topics covered in the 2-year Diploma in Horticulture program offered by the university. Participants must make sure that they follow the right syllabus to prepare well for the exam. The important topics for the test are given below:
- Applied Physical Sciences and Statistics
- Crop physiology
- Medicinal and aromatic plants
- Genetics and breeding of horticulture crops
- Principle of horticulture and plant biotechnology
- Application of nano- technology
- Agricultural principles
- Commercial horticulture and bio-inputs
- Forestry, natural resources and environmental sciences
- Vegetable science and post harvest technology
- Entomology and apiculture
- Disease and pest management
HORTICET 2019 Reference Books
Some HORTICET 2019 reference books are mentioned below to help them score well in the exam:
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Horticulture at a Glance||D Ram and B B Singh|
|Basic Horticulture||Jitendra Singh|
|Question Bank of Horticulture||S N Gupta|
|Glaustas Horticulture||P Muthukumar|
|Handbook Of Horticulture||K L Chadha|
|Objective Horticulture||Anil Verma|
|MCQs in Horticulture||Bharat Singh Hada|
HORTICET 2019 Exam Day Instructions
It is the responsibility of every participant to ensure that they follow some rules and regulations formulated by the organizing university to maintain the decorum of HORTICET 2019 entrance exam hall so that the examination proceeds properly.
- Candidates appearing in HORTICET of Dr. Y. S. R. Horticultural University will have to report to their allotted exam center as early as 30 to 45 minutes before the commencement of exam.
- As per the instructions of the university, candidates should not carry any irrelevant documents to the exam centre other than HORTICET 2019 hall ticket (e-admit card), an identity proof, a pencil, an eraser and blue/ black ball-point pen.
- Duplicate hall tickets will be presented to the Supervising Officer at the exam center. For students who have misplaced their admit card or had a problem in downloading it will be issued these admit cards by showing their photo ID card as proof.
- Items like mobile phones, calculator, logarithm table, slide rulers, Bluetooth devices, chits of paper etc. are prohibited and will not be allowed inside the university campus where the exam is scheduled to be held.
- Applicants will be required to fill their details in the OMR answer sheet of HORTICET in the first 15 minutes before commencement of the exam.
- Candidates must ensure that they darken the bubbles properly in the OMR sheet otherwise the answer will not be considered.
- They will be advised to open the HORTICET 2019 question paper only when the invigilator instructs to do so.
- It must be noted that any individual found indulging in unfair means in the examination hall or violating any instruction will be debarred from appearing in the entrance exam and will be disqualified.
- Candidates are allowed to approach the Centre Supervisor/ Invigilator present in the room if they require any technical assistance, first aid emergency or any information regarding the horticulture entrance test.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College