IISER 2019 Eligibility, Exam Dates, Registration and Paper Pattern
IISER stands for Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research which is one of the famous Institution of India which offers education in the field of science & research. IISER 2019 Admission will be based on three channel- SCB (State and Central Boards Channel), KVPY exam (Kishor Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) & JEE Advanced exam. Candidates are allowed to apply for all the three channels but they must fulfil the eligibility criteria of each channel they are applying.
|IISER Eligibility||IISER Exam Pattern||IISER Syllabus|
- India has seven IISER Institutions and they are located in Mohali, Tirupati, Berhampur Pune, Bhopal, Kolkata, Thiruvananthapuram.
- These Institutions correspond to 5 years dualdegree course which is known as BS-MS Program.
- Candidates can fill the IISER 2019 Application Form till the June 12, 2019 (SCB), August 31, 2018 (KVPY) & last week of May 2019 (JEE Advanced).
- The entrance exam is to be held in the month of July 2019 in the first week.
IISER 2019 Dates
The tentative schedule of IISER 2019 are given below for candidates’ reference: For SCB Streams:
|Online Application Starts|
May 24, 2019
|Application Closed||June 12, 2019|
|Hall Ticket Download||June 18, 2019|
|IISER Aptitude Test||June 23, 2019|
|Result Declaration & Registration starts (First round of Allotment)||July 07, 2019|
|First round Registration End||Third week of July 2019|
|FLOAT + Second round Allocation & Registration starts||Fourth week of July 2019|
|2nd round Registration Ends & Float+3rd round allocation & registration starts||Fourth week of July 2019|
|Third round registrations end||Fourth week of July 2019|
KVPY Exam Schedule:
|Application Closed||August 31, 2018|
|Admit card||Second week of October, 2018|
|KVPY Computer based test||November 4, 2018 (Sunday)|
|KVPY result declaration||Third week of December 2018|
Read MoreKVPY Exam
JEE Advanced Exam Schedule:
|Application Closed||First week of July 2019|
|Result Announced (1st round allotment) & Registration starts||First week of July 2019|
|Registration End||Second week of July 2019|
|FLOAT + Second round Registration starts||Third week of July 2019|
|Registration End||Third week of July 2019|
|FLOAT + Third round registration starts||Third week of July 2019|
|Registration End||Third week of July 2019|
|Float of third round of JEE||Fourth week of July 2019|
IISER 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Following is the eligibility criteria for IISER 2019:
Indian National, PIO & OCI candidates are eligible to apply.
- Candidates have a valid KVPY scholarship commencing from 2019-2019 session.
- Passed 10+2 or intermediate examination with science stream in 2017 or 2019.
- Candidates have to secure marks equal or above the cut-off percentage in their respective boards.
- The cut-off percentage marks is 55% in 10+2 level for all boards for SC/ST/KM category candidates.
- There is 5% relaxation in qualifying marks for the OBC-NC & PwD category.
JEE Advanced Stream:
- Must qualify the JEE Advanced exam & secure a rank within 10000 in CRL (Common Rank List).
- Their category rank will be considered, for OBC-NC/SC/ST/PwD category.
IISER 2019 Application Form
Students need to fill IISER Online application through SCB (State & Central Boards) streams, KVPY Stream & JEE (Advanced) Stream.
- Students should note that Online Application form for IISER will be available from May week 4, 2019.
- Form will be filled in online mode only.
- Candidates can fill the IISER 2019 Application Form till the 4th week of June 2019 (SCB), 2nd week of June 2019 (KVPY) & 1st week of July 2019.
Step 1- Filling of Application Form
Candidates are required to provide the following personal and academic details:
- Full Name (as per Class X Board examination certificate)
- Date of birth (as per Class X Board examination certificate)
- Category (GEN/OBC/SC/ST)
- Whether belonging to PD category.
- Year of passing Class XII
- Name of parent/guardian
- Address for communication
- PIN code
- Phone/ Mobile Number
- Email address
- IISER preferred for counselling (select any one)
- Choice of IISER for admission
After submission of the above details, an Application Number and password will be generated
Step 2- Fee Payment
Here are some Application Fee details which are required to make payment:
- For General candidates, they have to deposit the Application Fee of INR 1500.
- For SC/ST category & Kashmiri Migrants, they have to deposit the Application Fee of INR 750.
- Candidates can pay the fee through online or offline mode.
- The fee is non-refundable.
Step 3- Upload Photograph
After successful payment of the application fee, applicants are required to upload a photograph according to the following specifications:
- Must be recent, coloured passport size photograph
- Format: jpg
- Size: not be more than 1MB
- The file name should have alphanumeric characters only
Step 4- Submission
- Once the entire process is complete, submit the online IISER 2019 Application Form and take a printout of the same on A4 size paper.
- Signature of the candidate and a parent/ guardian is compulsory on the printout of the IISER 2019 Application Form.
- The barcode printed on the IISER 2019 Application form must not be tamper.
- The printout of the IISER 2019 Application Form and the bank slip of payment of IISER examination fee must be taken safely by the candidate as they are required to be produced at the time of counselling.
IISER 2019 Admit Card
Candidates will be able to download their admit card for a SCB channel through online mode. The admit card will be issued from the last week of June 2019. No other mode will be entertained to get IISER 2019 Admit Card. Without an admit card, candidates will not be allowed to enter in the exam centre. Candidates have to bring a valid admit card along with the filled application form, print copy in the examination hall.
The steps to download IISER 2019 Admit Card are as follows:
- Log in the official site for IISER Admission 2019.
- Click on the link for IISER Admit card 2019.
- Provide the Application Number and Date of Birth
- The IISER 2019 Admit card will appear on the screen.
- Download the admit card and take a printout to be carried to the examination centre on the test day.
IISER Admissions 2019 Exam Centers
IISER Admissions 2019 aptitude test will be conducted in the following test centre cities:
|Bangalore||Indian Institute of Science Kendriya Vidyalaya, Bangalore|
|Bhubaneswar||National Institute Science Education and Research Bhubaneswar|
|Bhopal||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Bhopal|
|Baroda||The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda|
|Chennai||Indian Institute of Technology Madras|
|Delhi||Indian Institute of Technology Delhi|
|Guwahati||Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati|
|Hyderabad||Kendriya Vidyalaya, Uppal No. 1, Hyderabad|
|Kolkata||Kendriya Vidyalaya No. 1, Salt Lake, Kolkata|
|Mohali||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Mohali|
|Mumbai||Institute of Chemical Technology, Matunga, Mumbai|
|Nagpur||Laxminarayan Institute of Technology, Nagpur|
|Pune||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Pune|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram|
|Varanasi||Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University), Varanasi|
IISER Admissions 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern details are mentioned below:
- Mode of Exam: KVPY Aptitude Test will be conducted through offline mode (pen-paper based).
- Type of Questions: The questions will be multiple choice types.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the exam will be 3 hours (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM).
- No. of Questions: 15 questions will be asked from each subject.
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 180 marks.
- Marking Scheme: 3 marks will be given to the candidates for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: For incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted.
- Subjects: The question paper will be comprised of PCMB subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology).
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
IISER Admissions 2019 Syllabus
IISER 2019 Syllabus will comprises of Class 11th & 12th.The syllabus of the IISER 2019 entrance exam will consist of following subjects:
- Physics and
Physics: Work, Energy and Power, Gravitation, Properties of bulk matter, Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter Electromagnetic Induction, Alternating Current.
Mathematics: Permutations and Combinations, Binomial Theorem, Sets, Relations and functions, Trigonometric Functions, Sequences and Series, Limits and Derivatives, Mathematical Reasoning, Continuity and Differentiability, Integrals, Applications of integrals, Statistics, Probability, Matrices, Determinants, Differential equations, Vectors, Three dimensional geometry.
Biology: Structural organization in animals and plants, Diversity in the living world, Cell structure and function, Plant physiology, Human physiology, Biology and human welfare, Biotechnology and its application, Reproduction, Genetics and evolution, Ecology and environment.
Chemistry: Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter, Some Basic Concept of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Thermodynamics, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry, The s-block Elements, The p-block Elements, The solid state, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Bio molecules, Polymers, Chemistry in everyday life, Surface chemistry, The d- & f-block elements.
Following are the important books for preparing IISER Admissions 2019:
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|Essential Organic Chemistry||Ranjeet Shahi|
|Organic chemistry||Himanshu Pandey|
|JEE Advance Preparation||Arihant|
IISER Admissions 2019 Result
IISER 2019 Result will be declared through online mode from July week 2,2019 for SCB channel by entering their roll no. & registration id.
Candidates can register for allotment of seats, after the result declaration. The seat will be allotted on the basis of merit secured in the exam.
Merit List– The merit list will be released by Joint Action Committee.
Features of Merit List
- The merit list for IISER Admissions 2019 is prepared on the basis of total number of seats which are available through the SCB, KVPY channel and JEE 2019.
- Candidates will be allotted seats based on their name in the IISER merit list 2019.
- The applicant’s name will figure on the IISER’s merit list depending on the choice of programme and institute filled by the candidate.
- Candidates will have the option to apply through different channels, but they will have to ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria laid down by IISER 2019.
Seat Intake at IISER Admissions 2019
Following are the number of seats at each institute of IISER:
|S. No||Location of IISER Institute||Number of Seats|
IISER Admissions 2019 Cut off
The allotment of seat will be based on the merit list, availability of seats & candidate preferences. Candidates who applying through State and Central Boards channel, they will require to appear and passed IISER Aptitude Test 2019.
Here the following below table shows the previous year cut off of all the states:
|Name of Board||Cut- off %||Name of Board||Cut- off %|
|Andhra Pradesh||95.4 %||Nagaland||66.5 %|
|Bihar||71.0 %||Punjab||80.7 %|
|Goa||83.3 %||Tamil Nadu||95.2 %|
|Haryana||86.3 %||Uttar Pradesh||74.2 %|
|Jammu Kashmir||84.4 %||West Bengal||78.9 %|
|Karnataka||87.5 %||ICSE||92.9 %|
|Madhya Pradesh||82.0 %||AMU Board||81.4 %|
|Manipur||77.6 %||NIOS||83.6 %|
|Mizoram||67.4 %||Viswa-Bharthi||83.1 %|
|Orissa||71.6 %||Telengana||97.3 %|
|Rajasthan||78.7 %||Assam||74.5 %|
|Tripura||68.2 %||Chhattisgarh||76.6 %|
|Uttarkhand||67.9 %||Kerala||93.3 %|
|CBSE||90.0 %||Maharashtra||77.9 %|
|Himachal Pradesh||79.7 %||-|
IISER Admissions 2019 Counselling
IISER Admissions 2019 Counselling of students will be done based on JEE Main, KVPY and through IISER Aptitude Test 2019 on different dates.
Steps for IISER Admissions 2019 Counselling:
Following are the steps which are to be follow at the time of counselling:
- Filling of application form- Candidates whose names appear in the IISER 2019 merit list will have to fill the application form to become eligible to participate in IISER counselling 2019. If candidates are applying through different channels then they will have to fill separate application form for each of them.
- Selection of College and Programme- Candidates need to fill the choice of the programme and the institute where they wish to seek admission in the application form. Depending on their rank in the merit list, candidates will be awarded the seat at respective institutes.
- Reporting at Counselling Venue- Candidates are required to be present at the venue of the counselling where they will be allotted seats according to their rank and the availability of the seat in the institute.
- Verification of documents- At the time of IISER Counselling 2019, candidates are required to bring documents.
Documents Required During Counselling
Following are the documents which are required at the time of counselling:
- Class 12th Mark sheet & Passing Certificate
- Class 10th Mark sheet & Passing Certificate
- IISER Aptitude Test 2019 Admit Card
- Printed copy of the application form
- Character Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Offer Letter
- ID Proof
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College