OUAT 2021 Exam Pattern is likely to remain the same this year and according to previous years' paper pattern it comprises 200 multiple choice questions and each question consists of 1 marks. However, any change in exam pattern for OUAT 2021 will be updated here once released by OUAT admission authority.
- The exam is divided into 4 sections- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- There is no negative marking for the wrong answer. Check OUAT Marking Scheme
- OUAT 2021 is of 2 hours and the total marks for the same is 200.
- The syllabus will be based on the syllabus from the 10+2 level exam. Check OUAT Syllabus
OUAT exam is a University level test, conducted by Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology. OUAT 2021 will be conducted in May 2021 for UG and Agro-Polytechnic tentatively in offline mode. The exam is conducted for various UG and Agro-Polytechnic courses offered by the university in its affiliated colleges.
OUAT 2021 Exam Pattern Highlights
|Number of papers||1|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|OUAT 2021 Total Marks||200 (66 in Physics, 66 in Chemistry, 68 in Mathematics and 68 in Biology)|
|Number of Sections||4 (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology) Candidates have to answer Physics and Chemistry sections and choose one from Mathematics or Biology.|
|Exam duration||2 hours|
|Medium of the Exam||English|
OUAT 2021 Exam Pattern
OUAT 2021 will be an offline test. Candidates will have to answer the questions asked in an OMR sheet provided to them.
- They must note that they can only use a black or a blue ballpoint or ink pen to mark the answers in the OMR sheet.
- The duration of the exam is 2 hrs.
- The total marks for the same are 200.
- The exam comprises multiple choices questions (MCQ) with single correct answers.
There will be 4 sections in total - Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Physics and Chemistry sections are compulsory and all candidates will have to answer both these sections to qualify. Candidates can choose either one section from Mathematics or Biology to answer - depending on the subjects they have in their +2 level.
The weightage of MCQs in each subject is given in the table below: -
|Name of Section||Maximum time for Section||Total Marks|
|Physics||No specified time||66|
|Chemistry||No specified time||66|
|Mathematics||No specified time||68|
|Biology||No specified time||68|
All questions will be multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with no negative marking: -
- The venue details for the selected offline examination centres will be mentioned in the official OUAT website - www.ouat.nic.in or https://www.lokaseba-odisha.in.
- The candidate will have the option to choose his/her preferred exam centre while filling up the registration form.
- The examination will be OMR based.
- All questions will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) with only one correct answer.
- There will be no negative marking for choosing an incorrect option.
- The candidate can only use a blue or a black ballpoint pen for answering the questions.
OUAT 2021 Marking scheme
OUAT 2021 is a 2 hours paper with a total of 200 marks. Please follow the table below for the marking scheme of OUAT 2021: -
|Total Number of Questions||200|
|Total Marks||200 (66 in Physics, 66 in Chemistry, 68 in Mathematics and 68 in Biology)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with only one correct response|
|Marks for Each Question||1|
|Negative Marking||There is no negative marking|
- Candidates will not be given a negative marking for answering a question incorrectly.
- There will be no penalty for leaving an answer blank.
- Candidates cannot choose more than one answer for a question as all the questions will be multiple-choice questions (MCQs) with a single correct response. If a candidate has chosen more than one correct option, the question will be awarded zero marks.
OUAT 2021 Exam Syllabus
The exam syllabus for OUAT 2021 will be based on the syllabus from the 10+2 level exam. Candidates are advised to follow the official OUAT website to get a detailed idea of the syllabus: -
|Physics||Properties of Solids and Liquids, Physics and Measurement, Work Energy and Power, Kinetic Theory of Gases, Oscillations and Waves, Rotational Energy, Thermodynamics, Laws of Motion, Kinematics, Gravitation, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems, Experimental Skills|
|Chemistry||Physical Chemistry: States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Solutions, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of Elements and Periodicity of Properties, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Metals, Hydrogen, S-Block Elements, P-Block Elements, D and F-block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Environmental Chemistry Organic Chemistry: Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds, Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Organic Compounds containing Hydrogen, Organic Compounds containing Oxygen, Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen, Polymers, Biomolecules, Chemistry in Everyday Life, Principles Related to Practical Chemistry|
|Mathematics||Sets Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Permutations and Combinations, Mathematical Induction, Binomial Theorem and its Simple Applications, Sequences and Series, Limit Continuity and Differentiability, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Coordinate Geometry, Three-Dimensional Geometry, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability, Trigonometry, Mathematical Reasoning|
|Biology||Ecology and Environment, Biotechnology and its Applications, Sexual Reproduction, Biology and Human Welfare, Genetics and Evolution|
OUAT 2021 Exam Day Instructions
Given below are the OUAT 2021 Exam Day Instructions that a student must follow on the day of examination: -
- Applicants must make a careful note of the exam centre and mode well in advance before the exam day and report to the exam centre at least 45 mins prior to the commencement of the exam.
- Candidates must carry the admit card with them during all times in the process of the examination.
- The OMR sheet has to be filled clearly in blue or black ballpoint pen only.
- Students can select only one answer for each question.
- Candidates are not allowed to enter the exam hall after 15 minutes of the commencement of the exam.
- They cannot leave the exam hall till the exam is over.
- Students are not allowed to carry any electronic devices like mobile phones. calculators, etc. to the exam hall.
OUAT Exam Pattern FAQs
Ques. What is the mode of examination of OUAT 2021 exam?
Ans. OUAT 2021 exam will be conducted in offline mode i.e. all the students will be given OMR sheets to mark the answers.
Ques. In which language can I attempt the OUAT 2021 exam?
Ans. You can attempt the OUAT exam in English language only.
Ques. What is the structure of OUAT UG 2021 exam?
Ans. OUAT UG 2021 exam will consist of multiple-choice questions of 200 marks. The exam will have four sections - Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and Mental Aptitude.
Ques. What is the division of marks within each section of the OUAT UG 2021 exam?
Ans. The division of marks between the four sections is as follows-
|Total Marks||200 Marks|
Ques. What will the composite time duration for the OUAT exam?
Ans. The composite time duration of the OUAT UG 2021 exam is 2 hours.
Ques. Is there any negative marking in the OUAT exam?
Ans. There is no negative marking for unattempted questions and wrong answers.
Ques. Is there any allotted time for each section in the OUAT 2021 exam?
Ans. No, there is no sectional time limit, you will have to complete the exam within the stipulated time duration of 2 hours.
Ques. Do I have the choice to select between Biology and Mathematics section of the exam?
Ans. Yes, you can attempt either Biology or Mathematics section according to your eligibility.
Ques. What is the exam pattern for OUAT PG exam?
Ans. OUAT PG will be of 100 marks. It will have 40 multiple-choice questions and 60 short answer type questions. The composite time duration is 2 hours.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.