PU LLB Entrance Exam 2021 will be held on June 20, 2021, as per the schedule released by Panjab University. Moreover, PU BA LLB 2021 Entrance Exam will be conducted on July 4, 2021. Application Form for PU LLB entrance exam will be released soon on the official website of Punjab University.
Panjab University, shortly addressed as PU, located in Lahore, was established in 1882. The university remains among the oldest universities founded by the central and state governments. Panjab University offers candidates with almost all courses like other state universities. Undergraduate and postgraduate in law remains as one of the most significant courses that have always had demand and value for.
- The examination of PU LLB comprises 4 sections in total namely, legal aptitude, current affairs and general knowledge, legal reasoning and English comprehension.
- A candidate with no disability shall be provided with 1 hour and 30 minutes of time duration to complete the exam.
- The commission has set up the cutoff for candidates based on the social category he/she shall belong to.
|Table of Contents |
PU LLB 2021 Highlights
The management of the university conducts the entrance exam and determines the eligibility and qualification of the candidates aspiring to get admitted in the university for the LLB program.
|Name of the exam||Panjab University- Entrance exam for LLB|
|Mode of application filling processes||Online mode/computer based|
|Mode of the exam|| |
|Commission conducting the exam||Panjab university|
|Level of the exam||State-level|
|Courses offered through the exam||Post-graduation in LLB|
|Date of the exam||Yet to be declared|
|Yet to be declared|
|Total duration to wind the exam||90 minutes in total|
|Authorisation of the university||The state government of Panjab|
|Official website of the University||puchd.ac.in|
PU LLB 2021 Important Dates (Tentative)
The commission has not released the dates for the exam. Although, experts have predicted the tentative dates about the examination.
|Events taking place||Tentative date of the event|
|Opening of window for online application processes||May 2021|
|Shut down of the window for online application filling processes(final date)||Last week of May 2021|
|Release of admit card by the Panjab University (for all applicable candidates)||First week of June 2021|
Tentative date of the PU LLB 2021 exam
PU BA LLB 2021 Exam Date
June 20, 2021 (Out)
July 4, 2021
|Declaration of results by the Panjab University board||Last week of June 2021|
|Commencement of manual counselling(for candidates who cracked the exam)||August 2021|
PU LLB 2021 Application Process
A candidate with the greater aspiration to appear and crack the exam must initially know the techniques to apply and be eligible to appear on the date of the exam.
- All the candidates must get on the official site handled by the commission conducting the exam.
- The candidates desiring to appear and ace the examination must check all the eligibility qualifications.
- A candidate trying to appear for the exam and who doesn't fulfil the eligibility criteria cannot apply for the exam
Details about the candidates to be filled during the application process:
- Name of the candidate
- Father's name of the candidate
- Mother's name of the candidate
- Date of Birth of the candidate
- A valid email ID and mobile number in current use.
All the candidates trying to apply and appear for the PU LLB exam must scan and upload documents such as a recent passport-sized photograph of the candidate and the permanent signature of the candidate.
- Once the candidate gets done with all the processes and steps mentioned above, he/she will have to take a print out or a duplicate copy of the page for future acknowledgement and also references.
- The duplicate copy/printout obtained during the application filing process should be used while during the payment process of the exam.
*NOTE: All the candidates must make sure to upload the required documents based on the mentioned sizes.
Application fee for PU LLB 2021
All the candidates with the aspiration to ace the examination must apply for the entrance test by paying a certain fee to get registered successfully.
- Application fee: The application fee paid by the candidate shall totally depend on the social category he/she belongs to and sometimes based on the gender of the candidate too.
|Social category the candidate shall belong to||Fee due to be paid by the candidate during the process of application filling|
|For a candidate who belongs to general category and has no reservation (non-creamy layered)||Rs. 1100/-|
|For a candidate who belongs to any one of the social categories such as OBC, SC, ST, PwD and EWC||Rs. 550/-|
PU LLB 2021 Admit Card
Candidates with more significant aspirations to appear in the PU LLB exam for the year 2021 shall find the information mentioned below much needier as it shall provide all the information regarding the exam conducted by the commission.
How to download PU LLB 2021 Admit card?
Almost all the candidates aiming to appear in the exam face trouble during the application filling processes. A candidate having any problem during the process of application filling can follow the step by step format mentioned below,
Step 1: The Panjab University is handling a page/website.
Step 2: Visit that web handle of the commission.
Step 3: Click on the link/bar that reads "Admit card".
Step 4: The link shall lead you to a new tab.
Step 5: A new window for login shall open up.
Step 6: Once on the login window, enter your unique details such as Login ID and password assigned beforehand by the commission.
Step 7: Crosscheck the details entered by you and click on the button that reads " Sign in".
Step 8: After a few seconds of loading, it shall lead you to a new page and admit card of the candidate shall appear on the screen of your computer.
Step 9: Download and take a near coloured printout of the admit for future references and carry it along with other documents during the day of the exam.
*NOTE: While a candidate gets to view his/her admit card, the commission advises the ward to crosscheck all the details entered on the admit card and report it to the authorities of the commission if any mistake regarding it.
Details mentioned in PU LLB Admit Card
Admit cards of all candidates waiting to appear for the exam shall include details such as,
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number of the candidate
- Application Number of the candidate
- Date of birth
- Social category and subclass he/she belongs to.
- Names of the parents (both mother and father)
- Scanned copies of the candidate's signature and a passport-sized photograph.
- Name of the exam
- The venue of the exam (test centre and location allotted by the exam commission)
- Date of the exam
- Time slots based on the candidate's choice
- Instructions to follow during the date of the exam.
Candidates taking up the PU LLB 2021 entrance exam must carry his/her admit card and a valid ID proof along with the admit on the day of the exam to the examination centre. The commission doesn't allow candidates to take up the exam without the documents mentioned above.
Do’s & Don'ts in PU LLB 2021 Exam Center
The commission conducting the exam has strictly banned candidates from carrying certain things into the examination hall such as,
- Electronic gadgets
- Metal ornaments
- Wrist watches
- Any kind of eatables
- Water bottles
PU LLB 2021 Exam Pattern
|Mode of the exam||Offline mode/ pen and paper.|
|Total number of questions asked||100 questions|
|Negative marking for wrongly answered questions (if any)||The board shall reduce 0.25 marks from the candidate's total score for one wrong answer.|
|Time duration||90 minutes|
|The time duration for PwD candidates||90 minutes + extra 30 minutes|
|Type of questions||The board shall include both subjective and objective type of questions during the exam|
|The medium of the question paper||All the candidates appearing for the examination shall get to choose between the following languages, |
PU LLB 2021 Sectional Exam Pattern
|Name of the subject||Number of questions asked during the exam||Maximum marks granted for the subject|
|Reasoning Ability and Knowledge of English||20 questions from the subject||20 marks ( 1 mark for each correct answer)|
|Current Affairs and General Knowledge||40 questions from the subject||40 marks( 1 mark for each correct answer)|
|Legal aptitude||40 questions from the subject||40 marks ( 1 mark for each correct answer)|
|Grand total:||100 questions in total||Total of 100 marks|
PU LLB 2021 Marking Scheme
A candidate who has applied and aspiring to appear in the exam must make a note of the following points,
- The board evaluates all the candidate's final score by summing up a total number of correct answers and also detects marks of 0.25 for all the wrong answers.
- A candidate shall get one mark for each correctly answered question.
- The board detects 0.25 marks from the candidate's total score for each wrong answer.
- The board detects or rewards no mark(s) for questions left unanswered.
PU LLB 2021 Syllabus
The commission has set a total of 3 different sections of questions for the PU entrance examination of the law.
|Name of subject/section||Topics in the subject||Marks granted to the section|
|Reasoning Ability and Knowledge of English|| ||20 marks ( 1 mark for each correct answer)|
|Current Affairs and General Knowledge|| ||40 marks( 1 mark for each correct answer)|
|Legal aptitude|| ||40 marks ( 1 mark for each correct answer)|
The board conducting the entrance exam had also introduced a section for the subject English Language and Comprehension and the syllabus for the subject as follows,
- Jumbled words/sentences
- Fill in the blanks
- Incorrect sentences
- Unseen passages
- Reading Comprehension
PU LLB 2021 Result
The commission has not declared the confirmed dates of the exam as well as about the declaration of the results.
- Candidates and experts expect the commission to declare the results of the examination before or in the month of June 2021.
- The commission shall release the results of all the candidates that took up the exam.
- All the candidates that took up the exam shall have to visit the official web handle of the Panjab University, enter the details used while applying for the exam.
- Results of the candidates shall appear on the screen once all the details entered remain correct.
- All the candidates shall have to take a print out of the page appearing on the screen showing their results/performance in the exam for further references in the future.
PU LLB 2021 Cut Off
A candidate must make sure the cutoff trend of each year if desiring to appear in the exam. Cutoff trend differs year to year based on several factors such as,
- Difficulty level faced during the exam.
- Social category the candidate belongs to.
- Cutoff trends of the past years.
- Highest score of the year.
- Total number of candidates that took up the exam.
- Total seat matrix provided by the commission to the students.
|Social category of the Candidate||Cutoff Trend of the year (out of 75%)|
|For a candidate belonging to general/unreserved category||The candidate must score at least 20%. (15 marks)|
|For a candidate belonging to any one of the SC/ST/OBC categories||The candidate must at least secure 15%. (11.25 marks)|
PU LLB 2021 Counselling
Candidates who get through the exam by satisfying all the eligibility criteria can appear for the counselling and get admitted in the university based on the percentile and ranks secured in the entrance test.
The commission instructs all the candidates appearing for the exam to carry documents such as,
- Score/result card of the exam.
- Certificate of the undergraduate program
- Admit Card of the candidate
- Birth certificate of the candidate
- Original SSC mark sheet of the candidate
- Original HSC/Intermediate mark sheet of the candidate
- Original Qualifying test mark sheet
- Character Certificate of the candidate
- Original Reserve class certificates of the candidate (for applicable candidates)
- Income Certificate of the candidate's guardian or the candidate's (if any).
PU LLB 2021 FAQs
Ques. Does the university grant scholarships for any for its students?
Ans. Yes, the university offers scholarships to the students based on their social category as well as their performance in academics.
Ques. What is the minimum eligibility cutoff to get admitted in the university?
Ans. A candidate with the aspiration to pursue law from PU must at least score 50% in the entrance exam.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.