Rajasthan LEEP (Lateral Entry in Engineering Program) is a state level entrance exam conducted by Rajasthan Technical University (RTU), Kota on behalf of Board of Technical Education, Rajasthan. The exam is held for admission to direct entry in the second year of engineering programs in various Government Aided and Private Unaided Technical Institutions of Rajasthan affiliated to RTU, Kota. The counselling process consists of 4 steps primarily i.e.
- Online Registration
- Choice Filling and Locking
- Seat Allotment
- Physical Reporting and Admission in Allotted Institute
Rajasthan LEEP Registration will commence from November 18, 2021, tentatively. There is no entrance exam conducted by the Board of Technical Education. 139 Colleges in the State of Rajasthan will participate in Rajasthan LEEP 2021 to provide admission to B.E./B.Tech in different disciplines.
There will be approximately four rounds wherein applicants are allotted seats and the admission process in carried through depending on the availability of seats. There is no provision of direct admission to the colleges participating in LEEP 2021.
Rajasthan LEEP 2021 Highlights
Some of the important highlights for Rajasthan LEEP 2021 are tabulated below.
|Name of the Entrance||Rajasthan Lateral Entry in Engineering and Pharmacy|
|Conducting Body||Rajasthan Board of Technical Education|
|Number of Colleges associated with Rajasthan LEEP||139 colleges across the state of Rajasthan|
|Number of Seats||Separate seat matrix for Government and Private colleges|
Rajasthan LEEP 2021 Important Dates
The official notification for Rajasthan Lateral Entry in Engineering counselling will be published on the official website in the second week of May 2021. Applicants should carefully check the eligibility requirements before applying online.
The tentative schedule for Rajasthan LEEP 2021 is mentioned in the table below.
|Rajasthan LEEP 2021 Online Application begins||November 18, 2021|
|Last Date for remittance of registration fee||To be announced|
|Last date to fill online registration form||To be announced|
|Last date for withdrawal of admission||To be announced|
Rajasthan LEEP 2021 Key Points
Some salient features of Rajasthan LEEP 2021 are mentioned below:
- Aspirants need to register online at rtu.ac.in to participate in the counselling process
- All the participants allowed to submit an advanced fee of INR 10,000 during the registration process.
- The seat matrix for various engineering programs is announced by RTU, Kota on the official website.
Rajasthan LEEP will be an exception to the following Universities:
- BITS Pilani
- MNIT Jaipur
- Other Deemed & Private Universities
Rajasthan LEEP 2021 Eligibility
Applicants must check whether they fulfil the eligibility requirements for admission to various Governments aided and private unaided institutions of Rajasthan through LEEP 2021. Candidature of the applicants can be rejected at any stage of the counselling process subject to non-fulfilment of the eligibility criteria.
The detailed eligibility criteria for Rajasthan LEEP 2021 is mentioned below for the reference of candidates.
- Applicants should have passed Diploma in Engineering/ Technology with at least 45% marks from an AICTE approved institution.
The minimum marks for each category is indicated below:
- Minimum marks for General Category: 45%
- Minimum marks for SC/ST/Non-Creamy Layer OBC/Non-Creamy Layer SBC applicants of Rajasthan is 40%
- Applicants should have a Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics with at least 45% marks.
- For SC, ST, Non-Creamy Layer Holder OBC and SBC candidates, the minimum marks of 40% is required.
- For applicants holding B.Sc., the subject of Practical Geometry/Machine Drawing and Engineering Mechanics in the first year Engineering program with second years subjects should be clear.
- Admission to B.Sc. holder will be provisional and shall be processed only after passing the aforementioned subjects.
Branch Wise Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the engineering branches and the relevant disciplines candidates should have pursued in their Diploma in the table mentioned below.
|Relevant Branches of Diploma Course||Name of the Engineering Branch|
|Chemical, Cement Technology,||Chemical, Bio-technology,|
|Plastic Technology, Ceramic,||Ceramic, Petroleum Engg.,|
|Computer, Electronics, Information||Computer, Information|
|Technology, Electronics(Fiber Optics),||Technology, Electronics &|
|Electronics (Bio Medical), Electrical,||Communication,|
|Instrumentation||Applied Electronics &|
|Instrumentation, Bio Medical Engg.,|
|Electrical, Electrical & Electronics,|
|Electronics Instrumentation &|
|Mechanical (all specialties), Mining,||Mining, Mechanical,|
|Metallurgy, Production & Industrial||Production & Industrial|
|Engineering, Mechanical (Agriculture),||Engineering, Automobile,|
|Agriculture, Mechatronics, Printing||Agriculture, Aeronautics|
|Civil, Architecture||Civil, Building & Construction|
|Handloom Technology, Textile Technology,||Textile Technology, Textile Chemistry,|
|Textile Engineering||Textile Engineering|
|Diploma in Hotel Management & Catering||Food Technology|
|Technology, Food Technology|
|Diploma in Mechanical, Production and||Aeronautical|
|Industrial, Electronics and communication,|
|Electronics instrumentation and Control,|
|Telecommunication Engineering, Aeronautical|
|Diploma in Chemical, Cement Technology,||Petro chemical, Petroleum|
|Plastic Technology, Ceramics, Petrochemical,|
|Petroleum, Mechanical Engineering|
Medical Fitness Certificate should be submitted at the time of reporting in the allotted institution. The Medical Fitness Certificate should be certified by a Medical Officer of Government of Rajasthan. The certificate can also be certified by a Registered Medical Practitioner as per the medical standards.
Medical Fitness Requirements:
Height: The height of male applicants should not be less than 1.5m.
The height of female applicants should not be less than 1.4m.
Weight: Weight of male applicants should not be less than 41kg whereas for female applicants, it should not be less than 37kg.
Heart & Lungs: No abnormalities should be present for both male and female applicants.
Chest Measurements (For male candidates only): The chest measurement should not be less than 69 cm with expansion and contraction.
Vision: Normal for both male and female applicants. If there is a defect in vision, it must be corrected to 6/9 in the better eye and 6/12 in the defective eye. It should be free from any congenital and other diseases. For applicants who have applied for Mining Engineering Courses, there should not be any color blindness.
Speech: The speech of the applicants should be Normal.
Hearing: The hearing should be normal but if defective, it should be corrected.
Hernia, Hydrocele, Piles etc.: If these are present, they should be rectified before joining.
The certification is mandatory to certify from the Doctor that the applicant is medically fit for Engineering Profession.
Rajasthan LEEP 2021 is open to all the applicants from Rajasthan and other states. Domicile status of Rajasthan for applicants will be certified on the basis of following criteria:
Domicile Category A: Applicant himself or any of applicant’s natural Parent is a bonafide resident of Rajasthan
Domicile Category B: Applicants has completed years of education as a regular student in any recognized educational institute of Rajasthan. Also, the three years of the qualifying course including the year of passing is completed in Rajasthan.
Domicile Category C: Applicant’s parent is serving employee or a retired employee of any of the following:
- Government of Rajasthan
- Undertakings/Corporations/ Improvement Trusts/ Municipal Boards/Panchayat Samities/Co-operative Bodies constituted by Government of Rajasthan.
- Statutory Bodies and Corporations of Rajasthan or incorporated in Rajasthan by Indian Companies Act.
Domicile Category C: Applicant is son/daughter of an Employee of any state Universities in Rajasthan or Board of Secondary Education in Rajasthan. Employee of Government Aided Engineering Colleges of Rajasthan with at least 3 years of service on the date of application submission.
Domicile Category C: Applicant’s parent serves in Defence/Central Government services/ Public Sector Undertakings/ National Institutes of Government of India with minimum 3 years of service on the date of application submission. A certificate should be submitted by the employee from the employer stating the State of origin, hometown as given at the time of service.
Miscellaneous: Applicants who are son/daughter of Ex-Servicemen or Defense-Killed persons should belong to Rajasthan to provide eligibility for their children. Discharge certificate with state of origin and hometown should be submitted and will be considered final.
Rajasthan LEEP 2021 Application Form
Rajasthan LEEP 2021 Application Form can be accessed online on the official website only. Aspirants should register on the website and fill the required details.
Steps to download Rajasthan LEEP 2021 Application Form:
- Visit the official website for Rajasthan LEEP 2021 Application Form, ie., www.rtu.ac.in
- Click on “Registration” link to proceed
- Fill in all the required details in the online application form
- Upload recent passport size photograph and signature in the upload space provided on the portal.
- The image size must be in JPG format and should not exceed 100KB. The signature should be in JPG format only with maximum 50kb size.
- Accept the declaration by agreeing to the terms and conditions provided.
- Candidates will be navigated to pay the application fee through bill desk.
- The fees can be paid using credit/debit card or online banking as per convenience.
- Once the payment is processed, the application form will be available for download.
- Download the application form and print it out for further reference.
Methods of LEEP 2021 Application Fee Payment
Rajasthan LEEP 2021 Application fee can be paid through e-mitra or online through bill desk.
- To process fee via e-mitra, candidates can contact the nearest e-mitra kiosk center and deposit the sum of INR 705 inclusive of e-mitra services charges.
- A 16-digit number will be generated for the applicant. Applicants should save the receipt containing the token number which should be kept safely for future reference.
- Applicants can enter the token number at the time of submitting the application form.
- Payment of fee via bill desk can be processed online using a credit/debit card/e-wallet or online banking method
The application fee structure is tabulated below:
|Application Fee||Advance Fee|
|₹ 700||₹ 10,000|
Instructions to follow before applying online.
- All the required details in the application form should be filled carefully.
- Make any changes before the submission of the application form. Once it is submitted, no changes will be accepted.
- Applicants should keep Photograph, Signature (both scanned), Mark sheets of X. XII and Diploma/Degree, e-mitra kiosk token number and Mobile number handy.
- Candidates should note down the unique id/application number which will be used to login into the portal.
- No correction, addition or deletion will be accepted after the final submission of the form. Hence, applicants should edit all necessary fields before final submission.
Rajasthan LEEP 2021 Choice Filling and Locking
Rajasthan LEEP 2021 Choice Filling and Locking is the second stage of the admission process. Applicants can fill in their choice filling and locking in the given duration only. The process will be conducted online only from June 15, 2021 to July 18, 2021 respectively.
Applicants seeking admission to the second year of engineering program are required to fill the choice of the course.
Steps for LEEP 2021 Choice Locking and Filling
- Applicants who have successfully submitted the application form and processed the application fees are eligible to process their choice filling and locking.
- After logging in into the portal, candidates can fill in their choices and lock them.
- Applicants can fill in as many choices depending on the eligibility. No maximum limit is applicable for choice filling.
- Availability of seat information, institution and programs will be displayed on the website. The information will be based on the choice selection and will be unique for every candidate.
- Change in order of choices and deletion is applicable until last date only.
- After that applicants cannot edit or add choices.
- Candidates should lock the choices before the final date.
Rajasthan LEEP 2021 Seat Allotment
After the choice filling and locking process, the seat allotment is the third stage of the admission process. The seats will be allotted on the basis of merit list and basis of locked choices.
- The seat allotment will be a computerized process on the basis of merit, seat availability and order of choice preference filled by the applicants.
- Result for seat allotment will be published on the official website. Allotment letters will not be sent to the candidates on their postal address.
- Applicants should download their allotment letters from the official website.
- Personal reporting at the institute should be done along with seat allotment letter, receipt of fee and other documents as per listed on the website.
- Several rounds of seat allotment will be carried out on the basis of seat availability.
Withdrawal or Cancellation of Seat Allotment:
- In case, any applicants wish to cancel the allotment, they should contact the allotted institute.
- Last date for withdrawal of admission is July 31.
- In case candidates have submitted advanced fee and withdrew admission before July 31 then the amount would be refunded after a deduction of INR 1000.
- In case candidates have submitted advanced fee and withdrew admission after July 31 then no amount would be refunded to the candidates.
Reporting for Admission to the Allotted Institute
Applicants who are allotted seats should report to the allotted institute to carry out the admission procedure. The allotment letters can be downloaded directly from the official website.
- Applicants will be required to submit all the relevant documents and provisional seat allotment letter at the institute.
- The date and time for reporting in the institutes will be mentioned on the allotment letter.
- Documents such as Certificates, mark sheets, birth proof and category & domicile certificate should be carried along.
- If applicant fails to report in the allotted institute, his/her seat will be cancelled.
- Fees are nonrefundable as per the AICTE rules.
- After the document verification, the course fee should be deposited.
- All the information regarding hostel facilities will be provided after admission.
- The classes are likely to commence from August 2021.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.