Table of Contents
TS EDCET 2020 Dates(Announced), Application Form, Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
TS EDCET 2020 Exam Date has been Announced by TSCHE. The exam will be conducted on July 15, 2020. Previously the exam was scheduled to be held on May 23, 2020 however, it was postponed due to adverse conditions because of COVID-19 crisis. TS EDCET 2020 is a state-level entrance exam conducted by Osmania University, Hyderabad for admission to B.Ed program in the colleges of Telangana state. Candidates having bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks will be eligible for the exam.
Latest: TS EDCET 2020 Registration has been further extended till June 10, 2020.
- TSCHE will release the official notification regarding application process on February 27, 2020
- The registration fee for general/ OBC candidates is INR 400 and INR 200 for SC/ST candidates.
- TS EDCET 2020 Exam will be a two-hour long offline test having 150 MCQs of one mark each.
- The paper will be set in English, Telugu and Urdu languages. Check TS EDCET Exam pattern
- TS EDCET 2020 Syllabus includes General English, Teaching Aptitude and Methodology.
- After the merit list is displayed on the website, applicants should visit the University to attend counselling.
TS EDCET 2020 Highlights
|Conducting Body||Osmania University|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper-based)|
|Medium of Exam||English, Telugu and Urdu|
TS EDCET 2020 Exam Dates
TS EDCET 2020 Official exam date is tabulated below:
|TS EDCET 2020 Notification Release Date||February 27 2020|
|TS EDCET 2020 Application Form Release||February 27, 2020|
|TS EDCET 2020 Application Form last Date(without late fee)||June 10, 2020 (Extended)|
|TS EDCET 2020 Application Form (with late fee of Rs 500)||To be announced|
|TS EDCET 2020 Application Form (with late fee of Rs 1,000)||To be announced|
|TS EDCET 2020 Application Form (with late fee of Rs 2,000)||To be announced|
|Issue of TS EDCET 2020 Admit Card||2nd week of May 2020|
|TS EDCET 2020 Exam Date||July 15, 2020(Announced)|
|Declaration of Preliminary Key||1st week of June 2020|
|Last Date for Receiving of Objections on Preliminary Key||1st week of June 2020|
|Declaration of Result||To be announced|
TS EDCET 2020 Eligibility
The minimum eligibility required for the exam is a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks. Candidates should be of Indian Nationality.
TS EDCET 2020 Educational Qualification Requirements
- Candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree with at least 50% aggregate marks. Specialization of the degree should be Arts, Commerce, Science, Home Science, Computer Application, Business Management or Business Administration.
- Applicants must have completed 10+2+3 years of Education.
- Applicants belonging to SC/ST/BC and other reserved categories should have at least 40% aggregate marks secured in Degree examination.
- Candidates with Degree in Professional and job oriented courses such as MBBS/ BSC(AG)/BVSC/BHMT/B.Pharm does not fulfill the eligibility to apply for the entrance test.
- TS EDCET aspirants who have a Master's Degree obtained without undergoing the undergraduate studies does not fulfill the eligibility criteria for B.Ed. course.
TS EDCET 2020 Age Limit
- Applicants must have completed 19 years of age as on or before July 1, 2020.
- There is no upper age limit applicable to appear for the entrance test.
- Part C is to be chosen by the applicants during the process of online application. The options for Part C: Methodology are Mathematics, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, Biological Sciences and English.
- The selection of Methodology for the entrance exam is at the candidate’s risk.
- Subject eligibility for each applicant will be subject to verification which will be carried out during counselling.
- The presence or appearance to the entrance test does not make the applicant eligible for admission. Applicants are required to qualify the entrance test to process the admission.
- A limit to a number of attempts is not considered valid. Applicants can apply without any limitations to attempts.
TS EDCET 2020 Application Form
TS EDCET 2020 Registration can be done in online mode only. Applicants should fill the online application carefully and should refer relevant documents such as mark-lists and certificates.
How to fill TS EDCET 2020 Application Form?
- Visit the official TS website edcet.tsche.ac.in
- Register using a valid email ID and by entering an easy to remember password.
- On successful registration, Click on “Online Application Form”
- A new tab will open with the application form that should be filled.
- Applicants should carefully fill in all the particulars.
- Upload Photograph and Signature.
- Accept the Declaration and click next.
- The window will navigate to payment options. The candidate should select the convenient option of fee payment and proceed.
- Once the payment is processed, the application form will be available for download.
- Download and take a printout of the form for further references, if needed.
Here are few measures that could be taken for quick and easy application:
- Candidate should edit and correct all the errors and mistakes before processing the payment.
- Before the final submission of the application form, applicants can edit by clicking on EDIT link by logging in.
- Corrections can also be incorporated after the submission of online application by visiting the dashboard and submitting a complaint.
- The help desk can be contacted for any changes to be made by providing documentary evidence.
- Applicants are required to keep a few documents and details handy to avoid making errors:
- Hall ticket of the qualifying Degree
- Birth Certificate
- Income of Parents (Income certificate)
- Category or Caste Certificate
- Special category certificate, if applicable
- Also, keep a scanned passport photograph and signature ready
- Select your exam center at a convenient distance.
- Valid email ID and mobile number
- Address of the College/University of Degree.
Applicants are not required to post the printed application form to the University. The printout should be kept safe for reference purpose only.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College