TS PGECET Counselling 2020- Schedule, Procedure, Documents Required
Osmania University will commence TS PGECET Counselling after the declaration of results on June 20, 2020. Certificate verification, choice filling and seat allotment are the three major steps that conclude the selection procedure. GATE/ GPAT qualifiers and PGECET qualifiers will have a different schedule and procedure of counselling.
Listed below are some important points relating to TS PGECET Counselling 2020:
- Participating colleges will give first preference to GATE/ GPAT qualifiers.
- Vacant seats will then be filled by TS PGECET 2020 qualifiers.
- Counselling Fee is INR 1000 and INR 500 for SC/ ST category candidates.
- There will be 2 rounds of counselling and an open round to fill vacant seats
- The qualifying marks for General category is 30 marks out of 120.
- The cut off will vary from institute to institute. Check TS PGECET Participating Colleges
TS PGECET Counselling Dates 2020
|TS PGECET Exam 2020||May 28 – 31, 2020|
|Release of TS PGECET Answer Keys||First week of June 2020|
|Declaration of Results||June 10, 2020 (tentatively)|
|Commencement of Counselling||Last week of June, 2020|
Check detailedTS PGECET Counselling Schedule
Counselling Procedure – Starts in June 2020
TS PGECET Web based Counselling for admissions into M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch / M.Pharmacy/Pharm.D (P.B.) courses starts with the certificate verification at the designated helpline centers. These centers are assigned by the coordinating body. Candidates must pay a requisite fee in order to practice the choice filling and seat allotment option.
TS PGECET 2020 Counselling involves two stages:
Stage 1: TS PGECET Certificate Verification
The initial step before proceeding to counselling is to get all the certificates verified. For this, a proper session will be conducted. Candidate has to register for it and then they will be assigned a session with the timings and venue. It will be conducted as per the ranking of a candidate.
- Registration will be carried out at the assigned help center only. CheckOfficial HLCs
- One must reach the venue and wait for official announcement from authorities
- Submit TS PGECET Rank Card to the personnel at the entrance
- When a candidate’s rank is called, he/she has to pay the counselling fee. Post that TS PGECET registration form will be given to them.
- Fill details i.e. TS PGECET Hall Ticket Number and rank in the form
- The next announcement will be for document verification. CheckRequired Documents for Certificate Verification
Stage 2: TS PGECET Web Counselling
Post-certificate verification, candidates have to move onto Stage 2. It involves choosing preferred colleges and locking the same. For final seat allotment, a candidate has to report at the university as per the time and date. The initial steps to be followed are as follows:
- Visit TS PGECET official website i.e. pgecet.tsche.ac.in
- Click on “TS PGECET Admission Open” Link.
- Read Important Instructions carefully before proceeding. After that, click on the “Exercise TS PGECET Web Options” link on the home page.
- The verification window will open and then fill all the required details i.e. Hall Ticket Number, (TS PGECET) / Registration No., (GATE/GPAT), Rank (TS PGECET/Score (GATE/GPAT), Registered Mobile Number and Registered Email ID.
- On clicking the Submit button a password is generated and sent to your registered mobile no. and e-mail ID. Candidates have to enter the password in the “Login window”.
Step 1: Choice Filling
- After completing “Web Option Login Page” a new window will appear “Web Option” for selecting colleges, with details such as college code, course code, and District.
- Two types of filters are provided to minimize the selection list. One filter is in alphabetical order and another filter is based on the District.
- Select the college on the left side of window and add it the right side of the window, by clicking “ADD” button and make their priority list.
- Candidate can sort the priority list with the help of “Up” and “Down” buttons and can delete and modify their priority list as per their choice.
- After completing the priority list candidate can save their list by clicking “SAVE” button and then enter the password received via SMS, through virtual keyboard and click on “CONFIRM” button.
- The selected list gets saved in the server and displayed in the printed format.
- Saved options can be viewed and/or printed through the Print option link from home page also. Candidates can take out the print of the same and can verify their priority list.
Step 2: Freezing Option
- The exercising of web options will be closed at 12:00 A.M. on the last date for web options as per the notification.
- Options registered in server will be frozen automatically on the last day and will be used for seat allotment of TS PGECET 2020.
Step 3: TS PGECET Seat Allotment
- The final allotment done on the basis of web counselling will be considered final and shall not be changed under any circumstances.
- Candidates are advised to select college/ courses of their choice without any hesitation or confusion because final allotment will be based on their selection.
- Students must keep their mobile with them while exercising options and ensure that the SMS is not blocked.
- Candidates must take out the print of allotment letter and report to the respective colleges on or before the date furnished on the allotment letter, failing which the candidate will lose the seat.
Counselling Dos and Don’ts
Mentioned below are some important instructions that one must keep in mind at the time of counselling:
- Allotment will be done in order of preference of options, hence candidates are advised to select college/courses with utmost care.
- Candidates must check the college code properly before entering options.
- Do not select any option that you are not sure about.
- Do not use mobile/ tablets to exercise web counselling. Use only a computer/ laptop.
- Do not use the slow internet.
- Check that your mobile do not block SMS.
- Use Google Chrome for better browsing.
- Do not use JAVA script blocker plugin.
- Ensure that pop-up window blocker is disabled
Counselling Procedure for GATE/ GPAT Qualifiers
All GATE or GPAT qualified candidates have to apply online to participate in TS PGECET Counselling. They have to remit an amount of INR 659 (inclusive of all taxes) as counselling fee. They can follow the below mentioned steps for counselling registration.
TS PGECET Participating Universities
TS PGECET is conducted every year to give admission into regular PG courses in Engineering, Technology and Pharmacy (M.E/ M.Tech.) courses. Listed below are the names of the universities accepting TS PGECET Scores:
|University Name||Admission Procedure|
|Kakatiya University, Warangal||Click Here|
|Palamuru University, Mahabubnagar||Click Here|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Architecture And Fine Arts University, Hyderabad||Click Here|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad||Click Here|
|Osmania University, Hyderabad||Click Here|
TS PGECET Counselling Schedule 2020
TS PGECET, GATE or GPAT qualifying candidates have to appear for TS PGECET Web Counselling as per the pre-defined schedule. They have to report at various Help Line Centres as prescribed by Osmania University.
- To complete the counselling procedure, a non-refundable processing fee has to be paid at the time of document verification
- If the same is not done, then a candidate’s attendance during the counselling will not be considered.
- The schedule for TS PGECET Counselling is defined as per a candidate’s category (General or Special Category)
TS PGECET Counselling Schedule (General Category)
Tabulated below is scheduled for TS PGECET Counselling as per the qualifying exam with a candidate’s rank.
|Certificate Verification||Time||Qualifying Exam||Ranks||Exercising Web Options (tentative)|
|July 2020||9 am||GATE/ GPAT||All eligible candidates||July 2020|
|July 2020||9 am||TS PGECET||1||200||July 2020|
|July 2020||9 am||TS PGECET||401||900||July 2020|
|July 2020||9 am||TS PGECET||1401||2000||July 2020|
|July 2020||9 am||TS PGECET||2601||3000||July 2020|
|July 2020||9 am||TS PGECET||3801||4000||July 2020|
|July 2020||9 am||TS PGECET||5101||6900||July 2020|
|1 pm||6901||Last rank|
Note: Candidates must report at least 30 minutes before the procedure begins.
TS PGECET Counselling Schedule (Special Category)
The following table consists of counselling schedule for special category candidates. It is important to report at the venue at least 30 minutes before to ensure a smooth conduct of the admission process. Candidates falling under special category are as follows:
- NCC – National Cadet Corps
- CAP – Children of Armed Personnel
- PH – Physically Handicapped
- Sports Quota
|Date (tentative)||Qualifying Exam||Help Line Centre to Report|
|July 2020||GATE/ GPAT||Nizam College, Basheer Bagh, Hyderabad, Telangana|
List of Help Line Centers
- These are the official centres for certificate verification.
- Categories that can get their certificates verified are OC, BC, SC, ST etc.
Name of Help Line Centers are:
- JNTUH University, Kukatpally, Hyderabad
- University P. G. College Secunderabad.
- AV College of Arts, Science & Commerce Gagan mahal, Hyderabad
- University College of Science, Saifabad, Behind Golconda Hotel, Masab Tank, Hyderabad
- Kakatiya University, Warangal
Note: Candidates claiming NCC/CAP/SPORTS/PH (Special Categories) have to attend certificate verification at A.V. College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Gaganmahal, Hyderabad,Telangana as per the schedule. However, they shall exercise web options on the dates mentioned above against their rank.
Documents Required for Certificate Verification
The following original certificates are to be submitted at the time of verification:
For General category
- GATE/ GPAT/ PGECET rank card and PGECET Hall Ticket.
- Degree Certificate of marks of qualifying examination.
- Memo of SSC or its equivalent.
- Certificate from 10th to Graduation.
- Residence Certificate for preceding 7 years of the qualifying examination i.e. Graduation in respect of candidates who have a private study.
- Integrated community certificate issued by the authority in case of BC/SC/ST candidates.
- In case of non-local candidates, Residence certificate from M. R. O of either of parents in Telangana for 10 years is required.
- Transfer Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Income Certificate issued by MRO after 01-01-2020 will only be considered.
- Minorities – Degree TC containing minority status.
For Special Category
- PH Category: Candidates who have 40% disability or above will be considered eligible and they have to produce a certificate issued by the District Medical Board.
- NCC & Sports Category: Candidates have to submit Original Documents issued by the concerned Competent Authority.
- CAP Category: Serving persons have to produce Service Certificate from the place of Work indicating the relationship with the Candidate. Candidates whose parents are domiciled in the State of Telangana are eligible to be considered under “CAP” Category”.
- Service Certificate issued by Zilla Sainik Welfare Officer
- Identity Card
- Discharge Book for verification
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College