Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Delhi has opened the application window for PhD admission (Winter Session) on October 21 and the last date to apply is announced to be November 4, 2020.
IIIT Delhi offers PhD courses in specializations such as Computational Biology (CB), Computer Science and Engineering (CSE), Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE), Human-Centered Design (HCD), Mathematics (Maths), and Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH).
The Official Notice reads: "Candidates qualified for UGC/CSIR JRF, DST INSPIRE, DBT Fellowship are strongly encouraged to apply. Also, fresh B.Tech. graduates with research aptitude are strongly encouraged to apply. GATE score is not mandatory."
Check: IIIT Delhi Admission 2020
IIIT Delhi PhD Admission 2020 (Winter Session): Highlights
|Name of Institute||Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Delhi|
|Academic Year and Session||2020-21, Winter Session|
|Selection Process||Written Test, Interview|
|Application Last Date||November 4, 2020|
As of now, interested candidates who have completed their UG and PG degree from a reputed university can apply for PhD at IIIT Delhi. Candidates will be selected based on written test, interview and academic credentials.
IIIT Delhi PhD: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the below section to know about the eligibility criteria to apply for the PhD courses offered at IIIT Delhi.
- Candidates qualified for UGC/CSIR JRF, DST INSPIRE, DBT Fellowship are eligible to apply
- Candidates graduated in B.Tech from any recognized University are eligible to apply
- GATE score is not mandatory, hence candidates who haven't appeared for GATE exam could also apply.
- Candidates should have graduated in the relevant stream with an average CGPA of 7 or 70% of marks.
Check: IIIT Delhi Courses & Fee
IIIT Delhi PhD: Selection Process
The institute will prepare a list of shortlisted candidates from the applications received and candidates will be called for the personal interview and/ or written test.
The final selection will be based on the previous academic merit and the performance of the candidates in the personal interview and written test.
Candidates will be called for the personal interview only if they clear the written test. candidates who could not clear the written test will not be called for personal interview
Candidates belonging to reserved category could avail relaxation in merit marks according to the norms.
IIIT Delhi: PhD Application Process
Application process is completely online and candidates should apply through the official website of the Institute.
- If candidates wish to apply for two or more specializations, separate applications should be submitted for each course.
- Pay the application fee and submit the application form
- After success submission of application form, candidates will receive application number and link to download application form
- Candidates should download the application form and take a print out of it for future use.
IIIT Delhi: PhD Financial Support
Candidates who were provided admission as regular students will be considered for Institute Fellowship.
The fellowship is offered at the rate of INR 31,000 per month in the first and second year at present. For the third and fourth year, the fellowship is offered at the rate of INR 35,000 per month.
For the fifth year, fellowship is reduced and offered at the rate of INR 30,000 per month. The institute also offers additional financial support upto INR 50 thousand for the purchase of a new laptop or desktop.
Upto INR 2 lakh will be provided to full time PhD scholars who would be encouraged to present their research work at international conferences.
For Admission related queries:
Contact: 011-26907505 (During work hours from 9:30 am-5:30 pm)
For application form filling, Contact: 011-26907575 (During hours between 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm )
Official Website: www.iiitd.ac.in
- IIT Palakkad: PhD, M.S Research Applicants Invited for December 2020 Session Admission, Check Details Here