Carnegie Mellon University is a non-profit research-based university; located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The university was established in the year 1900 and offers the best information and technology management program.
The university has seven college and independent schools which offer programs in the different field of graduate and postgraduate programs. The popular courses offered at the university are:
- Computer Science
- Product Management
- Information System Management
- Business Administration
Why Carnegie Mellon University?
- Carnegie Mellon University had an endowment of $1.72 billion.
- The university is listed as one of the top universities for Economic Diversity
- School of Drama ranked second by The Hollywood Reporter
- The University’s College of Engineering is ranked 5th by the US News & World Report
- 20 Nobel Laureates, 12 Turing Award recipients, 6 National Academy of Medicine members, 29 AAAS Fellows.
Carnegie Mellon University Programs, faculty and division
Carnegie Mellon University provides 90 courses through its seven colleges. The names of colleges are listed below:-
- College of Engineering
- College of Fine Arts
- Dietrich College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Heinz College of Information Systems and Public Policy
- Mellon College of Science
- School of Computer Science
- Tepper School of Business
Carnegie Mellon University Campuses and Residential Facilities
- Carnegie Mellon University campus is spread over 140 acres
- The university owns 81 buildings in the Oakland and Squirrel Hill
- 60% of all students can be accommodated in the campus
- Undergraduates are required to stay on the campus.
- The university has 72 residents with all required amenities.
Carnegie Mellon University Admission Process
Pre-requisites for admission into Carnegie Mellon University
- Test scores: SAT/ACT for UG students; GRE/GMAT for graduate students
- English language proficiency test score: TOEFL; IELTS; or PTE
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Graded writing sample
- Resume or CV(graduate students)
- Additional documents as specified by department one is applying for?
- Students can apply through the application portal on the official website
- Both undergraduates and graduates can apply through same website
- The application deadline is 1st January
- The application fee for all is $75
Carnegie Mellon University Cost of Attendance
The estimated cost of attendance has been tabulated below:-
|Tuition and fees||$55,465|
|Room and board||$14,418|
|Books and supplies||$2,400|
|Cost of attendance||$72,283|
Carnegie Mellon University Scholarships and Financial Aids
- More than 90% of students receive need based aids.
- More than 44.4% students receive merit based scholarships of an average amount of $13,030
- The average amount for scholarships is $44,812 per year.
Carnegie Mellon University Alumni
Carnegie Mellon University has a network of more than 100,000 alumni worldwide. Some of the benefits of the alumni are:-
- Alumni events
- Alumni discounts
- Career counselling
Some of the notable alumni from Carnegie Mellon University are:
- Andy Warhol: Pop Artist
- Jeff Goldblum: Actor
- Josh Groban: Pop Singer
- John Forbes Nash Jr.: Mathematician
- Ethan Hawke: Actor, Director, Screenwriter