Murdoch Institute of Technology, Australia: Ranking, Programs, Application Deadlines, Admission, Fees, Scholarships
Murdoch Institute of Technology which was established in 1975, is Ranked as #89 among the world's Top Young Universities by Times Higher Education. The Perth Campus is home to a diverse staff and student population, with over 23,000 students from 120 different countries coming for higher education in Australia.
The diplomas are recognized by the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) and are nationally approved by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). The National ELT Accreditation Scheme has approved the English language courses (NEAS). International students looking forward to study at MIT one of the top universities in Australia must be prepared to spend around 25,000 AUD/year on tuition and an additional 18,460 AUD on room and boarding.
Table of Contents
Faculty members of Murdoch University have received honors, written books, and accomplished excellent work, but most importantly, they are dedicated to helping students succeed. More than 73% of Murdoch employers have earned a doctoral degree, so you'll have access to top scholars from around the world. To assist you in starting your career, take advantage of their expertise, knowledge, and networks of contacts.
Recognized for various courses, facilities, and factors, below are some of the rankings of Murdoch University for 2021
- QS World University Rankings: 571-580th
- Young University Rankings: 89th
- Engineering and Technology: 501-600th
- Life Sciences: 301- 400th
- Business and Economics: 301-400th
|Type of College||Public|
|Endowment||AUD 40 million|
|Percentage of International Students||42%|
|Annual Acceptance Rate||79%|
|Tuition Fee for International Students||AUD 24,800|
Murdoch Perth campus has computer labs, a library, a 24/7 Learning common library, a Sports center, Murdoch Guild Tavern, Bush Court, and Study spaces.
- Perth's vibrant urban charm of busy stores, restaurants, and bars is complemented by beautiful outdoor spaces.
- There is the King's Park and the Botanic Garden, one of the world's largest inner-city parks, or listen to live jazz at the Laneway Lounge.
- Weekly markets, food stalls, and entertainment are held in Bush Court, the centre of student social life.
- There is Murdoch Guild Tavern on campus that has something for everyone. If someone wants to hang out with friends, have an afternoon sundowner, or rent out the entire venue for a private event, will be accommodated.
- For all students and staff, Murdoch Guild Sports offers outstanding sports programs, equipment, and recreational events.
Murdoch University offers the option of living on campus. It has Murdoch University Village for the students. The Village provides security and assistance, as well as on-site management 24/7. There are single, ensuite, double, and deluxe rooms available, all of which are housed in the modern one, two, five, and eight-bedroom apartments.
This residence provides every student with a comfortable living space with these facilities.
- Pool tables, table tennis, and video games are available in the recreation area, as well as a television lounge and a music room.
- Computer lab, photocopy center, and study rooms are all available.
- Three coin-operated laundries with washers and dryers are available.
- Courts for games volleyball and basketball.
The cost of living on-campus is discussed as below:
|Expense||Cost per Week (AUD)|
Programs at Murdoch Institute of Technology include preparation courses (MUPC), Foundation Studies, Diploma Courses and English Language programs.
- These programs are very useful for mature students or those who do not meet eligibility criteria for degree programs.
- MIT has an accelerated pathway program, meaning an earlier graduation.
- The institute is also great for those who have a low ATAR rank. With the help of MUPC, students can meet entry requirements for the university.
- For Foundation Studies, an entrance qualification is essential.
- Diploma courses at MIT help students jump straight to the second year of their degree of choice at Murdoch University.
Admission to MIT is granted to international students if they meet the language and score requirements as stated by the program.
- Admission Portal: Through TISC or Direct applyApplication fee: No fees
- Supporting documents:
Step 1: Review the courses and select out what course you are interested in.
Step 2: Fill out the application form before that read the terms and conditions in the brochure carefully before filling out the application form.
Step 3: To submit, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the application form and copies of any related documents.
Step 4: If your application is accepted, MIT will give you a letter of acceptance.
Step 5: Accept your offer and make sure you pay the sum specified on the offer invoice to secure your spot with us.
Note: Please keep in mind that if you accept a package deal, you will accept a guaranteed spot at MIT and a conditional spot at Murdoch University. The minimum amount listed on the offer/invoice will include all applicable MIT fees as well as a Murdoch University packaging fee (1,000–10,000 AUD).
Step 6: A Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) will be given upon receipt of payment/deposit. Then should apply for a student visa.
Step 7: Orientation – Before the Beginning of your study an orientation letter will be sent to you.
|Test Name||Minimum Score|
|English for Academic Purposes (EAP)||60%|
|Pearson Test of English||42|
|Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)||162|
|General Certificate of Education (GCE)||GCE O Level (C or D minimum)|
International students looking to study in Australia are advised to prepare a budget before enrolling at the institute. Tuition fees of different courses range from 16,000-60,000 AUD per semester. For full-time fee per half year, students have to pay Student Services & Amenities fees of worth 134 AUD. The cost of living in Australia is mentioned in the table:
|Overseas Student Health Cover||Single 51 per month Dual 161 per month Multi 235 per month|
|Late Enrolment Fee||250|
|Materials Fee (General English and EAP only)||18 per week (Max 360)|
|Murdoch University packaging fee||1,000-10,000ˆ|
Student Visa holders and their accompanying family members must have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
- Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, MIT is providing its affected students with scholarships worth 2.5 million AUD.
- MIT has developed a Student Support Package to students to provide financial aid to study in Australia during COVID-19 pandemic containing the following measures:
- Student Assistance Fund worth 2 million AUD for students severely affected by COVID-19 but ineligible for Commonwealth Government support.
- Support by MIT for a Guild Food Bank.
- Essentials Bursary worth 25 AUD per week to reduce food bills for international students.
- Technology Bursary for all the students with 100 AUD data pack to support online learning.
- Limited supply of laptops for those without access to IT equipment.
- No parking fees for the duration of online teaching.
There are some external scholarships for international students that can be availed:
- International Honours Welcome Scholarship offers the international students starting one year Honours degree with financial aid of worth 10,000 AUD.
- Academic Excellence Award offers postgraduate students with a scholarship of worth 3,000 AUD for one year.
- AJ Parker Memorial Scholarship awards undergraduate students with scholarships of worth 2,000 AUD.
The alumni association of Murdoch University is a diverse community of over 80,000 free-thinkers making a difference around the world.
As a Murdoch University graduate, you are automatically a member of the Murdoch alumni network, with access to events and opportunities such as library access, academic transcripts, and free parking.
Some of the Notable Alumni of Murdoch Institute of Technology:
- Adam Bandt - Australian politician and former industrial lawyer
- Basil Anthony Zempilas - Australian television and radio presenter
- James Joshua Edelman - justice of the high court of Australia
- Kim Scott - Australian novelist of aboriginal Australian ancestry
- Melissa Parke - Former Australian Labor Party politician and UN human rights lawyer
Careers and Employment Centre assists the students with CV, work experience placements and interview training by providing mentoring programs, an extensive resource library and an online job register.
- Employers post job opportunities in Australia to graduates at an online portal named myMurdoch Career.
- Murdoch Institute career fair organises internships to virtually connect students with employers and provide them with employment.
Legal and paralegal practitioners are the highest paying Murdoch University alumni and graduates, earning $93,000 a year. At $28,000, Media, Communication, and Advertising professionals are the lowest paying Murdoch University alumni and graduates.
Some of the highest paying sectors and degrees from Murdoch University are given below along with the salary package:
|Job Field||Average Salary|
|Legal & Paralegal||AUD 120601|
|Education & Research||AUD 85588|
|Sales & Business Development||AUD 57059|
|Financial Services||AUD 42000|
|Bachelor (Other)||AUD 99853|
|Master (other)||AUD 42794|
|Bachelor of Science||AUD 50575|
|Masters in Science||AUD 54465|
Murdoch Institute of Technology offers a variety of flexible courses for international students, with direct pathways to Murdoch University's undergraduate program. Lessons at MIT are a great learning experience because of the friendly atmosphere in the classrooms and the knowledgeable teachers. Students come from various countries, which allows them to learn about a variety of cultures.MIT takes an all-encompassing approach to university preparation. Students can choose from a variety of MIT diplomas and preparation courses, as well as gain direct admission to their desired Murdoch University degree.
Times Higher Education
Ranked #301 - #400
International Business (International)
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary