Australian Catholic University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Australian Catholic University is a Public institution founded in 1991 with the aim of providing academic excellence and services. ACU is ranked in the top 50 of Generation Y universities worldwide. University is famous for its internationally renowned scholars leading to further advancement in the field of research and development. ACU offers various degree programs in the disciplines including creative arts, law, nursing, business, global studies, healthcare and information technology.
In 2018, a total of 3,834 students enrolled for different courses in Australian Catholic University. International students comprise 13.2% of all the students studying in the University, making it a very popular place for overseas students seeking higher education in Australia. Start-up incubators operate in diverse industrial fields like social services, agribusiness, fashion, real estate and marketing.
Australian Catholic University Highlights
|Campus setting||Suburban and Urban|
|Number of programs||125|
|Annual Budget||3.151 Million AUD|
|Cost of attendance||Vary according to different courses|
|Female to male student ratio||73:27|
Australian Catholic University Ranking
Australian Catholic University grew and achieved reputation and recognition nationally and internationally. It maintained its position for the past few years and ranked among the top global universities.
- 251-300th in World universities - Times higher education.
- It is ranked in the top 80 in the Asia - Pacific region
- It ranked among the top top 70 young universities in the world
- It maintained its position in the top 25 of Generation Y universities
- It is one of the top Catholic universities globally.
There are different ranking agencies that rank global universities on the basis of different criteria. Some of the agencies with their respective ranking are mentioned below:
|ARWU||To be announced||501-600|
|CWUR||To be announced||1176|
Australian Catholic University Top Programs
- Australian Catholic University offers a variety of courses such as undergraduate courses, postgraduate courses, research, diploma and certificate degrees, pathway programs, executive education courses, single units, vocational and short courses, language courses, and online courses
- ACU provides courses in the field of allied health, business, creative arts, global studies and international development, humanities and social sciences, information technology, law, Nursing, philosophy, psychology, teaching and theology etc.
- There are a total of 84 undergraduate courses offered by the Australian Catholic University in the areas of accounting and finance, applied public health, arts, commerce, law, biomedical science, and business administration etc.
- ACU offers 32 postgraduate courses to international students in the specific field such as business administration, education, educational leadership, health administration, technology, psychology, teaching and public health. It also offers graduate diplomas and certificates in different fields.
- There are 3 postgraduate research degree programs to become a specialist in a particular field and opportunity to research. Australian Catholic University offers two types of postgraduate research programs; masters by research or doctorate.
|Program||Application deadline||Fees Per Annum (CAD)||Requirements|
|Bachelor of Accounting and Finance||Feb 2021||29080||
Australian year 12 qualification or Equivalent / International baccalaureate diploma
|Bachelor of Nursing(Honours)||07 Feb 2021||29,520||
Applicants must have completed a Bachelor of Nursing and a GPA of at least 5.5 or equivalent.
|Bachelor of Visuals Arts and Design||15 Feb 2021||24,104||
Required equivalent of Australian year 12 Certificate
|Bachelor of Education ( Primary and special Education)||15 Feb 2021||24,104||
English Proficiency test- IELTS min. Of 7.0 in reading and writing, and a min. of 7.5 in listening and speaking
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy||15 Feb 2021||39,472||
Required equivalent of Australian year 12 in Science
|Master of Education||15 Feb 2021||24,104||
Required equivalent of an Australian bachelor's degree
|Master of Business Administration||15 Feb 2021||32,000||
Required equivalent of an Australian bachelor’s degree in any discipline or a Graduate certificate in a related discipline
|Graduate Certificate in Educational Leadership||15 Feb 2021||12052||
Required Australian three year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Australian Catholic University Programs
- Students can get enrolled in full - time, part-time, online or short courses in a variety of subjects in Australian Catholic University.
- Programs at ACU are offered for undergraduate, graduate and research degrees to the students all across the globe.
- Undergraduate and graduate courses include disciplines like business, creative arts, humanities, information technology, law, public health and administration, philosophy, global studies and education.
Australian Catholic University Campus
- Brisbane campus (McAuley at Banyo) is located near the heart of the city surrounded by a blue horizon, meandering rivers, parks and beaches.
- Campus grounds of Australian Catholic University exhibit a mixture of historic and modern buildings surrounded by wide lawns and hang-out areas.
- Students have lots of opportunities to get involved in campus life through sports clubs, student societies and free social events.
- Library is well equipped with audio-visual materials, eBooks, computers and printers.
- Fully functional gym on campus with yoga, boxing and Pilate classes is available to the students for a low price.
- Peter W Sheehan Gallery at the campus exhibits work by the students and community groups about religious and social justice issues.
Australian Catholic University Residence
- Students in need of good residence in Brisbane can opt for Iglu Student Association.
- Iglu Student Accommodation provides the students with best accommodation entwined with off-campus lifestyle.
- It offers stylish, fully-furnished living space with mesmerizing communal areas in a secure environment.
- Room rent includes water, electricity or gas bill.
- Students are provided with amenities like the internet, fully furnished living space, bathroom, kitchen, shared lounge and secure swipe card access.
- If students prefer independent rooms, then they can opt for private rental apartments and other options of accommodation in Australia.
- Such private apartments don’t usually include furniture, utilities and food in rental fees.
Australian Catholic University Application Process
- Application Form: International students can apply for admission at Australian Catholic University through an agent/submit in person at the office/directly online.
- Common requirements:
- Attach academic transcripts
- Work/project/academic experience (if any)
- Degree/diploma for PG admissions
- Additional requirements:
- Official bank statement
- Copy of passport (photo page)
- Health/security checks
- Portfolio (required for particular courses)
- For Research students:
- Research Proposal (1,000-2,000 words)
- Professional recognition (if any)
- Passport Referee Reports
- English Proficiency Test score requirements for UG and PG admissions:
- IELTS: 6.0
- TOEFL iBT: 79
- TOEFL CBT: 213
- TOEFL PBT: 550
Australian Catholic University Cost of Attendance
- A varied range of programs are offered at ACU with tuition varying from 12,052AUD to 39,472AUD .
- Tuition fee for undergraduate courses vary from 18,944AUD to 39,472AUD
- Tuition fee for graduate courses vary from 12,052AUD to 32,000AUD
- Cost of living for international students in Australia is 21,000AUD per year. It includes rent, food, transport and other essential living expenses.
Australian Catholic University Financial Aid
- There are many ways for international students to fund studying in Australia.
- ACU provides financial aid to talented students in need during their course of study.
- Various scholarships offered by ACU to the students are:
- ACU International Scholarship – It covers half of full-time course fee for graduate and postgraduate students.
- Global Excellence Scholarship – It provides a tuition fee-waiver of 2,500 AUD each semester. Undergraduate students can get a maximum grant of up to 15,000 AUD.
- Allianz Global Assistance Scholarship – It provides a grant of 7,500 AUD to one undergraduate and graduate international student studying in ACU.
- Mercy Scholarship – It awards full tuition fee waiver to talented undergraduate students for the full course of study.
Australian Catholic University Alumni
- Alumni have access to career support up to two years after their study with the help of Career Development Support offered by ACU.
- Alumni community helps in creating opportunities for the alumni as well as current students to stay connected and linked with their field of knowledge and prospective employment.
- Notable Alumni of Australian Catholic University are :
- Carmelina Marchetta – Writer of teen novels like Looking for Alibrandi and Saving Francesca.
- Justin Mark Madden – Australian politician and former Australian rules footballer.
- Deborah O’Neil – Senator for New South Wales since 2013.
- Ellie Cole – Australian Paralympic swimmer and wheelchair basketball player.
- Joe Barakat – Rugby Union coach
Australian Catholic University Placements
- Australian Catholic University is ranked in top three universities in Australia for graduate employment.
- 91% of ACU graduates were placed and 77% of them in full-time employment.
- Australian Catholic University helps their graduates in their placement through career development service, and ACU alumni network.
- ACU graduates have access to the online job board and career resources available through ACU career hub throughout their life.
- ACU alumni network comprises more than 100,000 from Australia and the world.
- Australian Catholic University career hub is an employment and career portal that gives opportunities to students. There are different employment opportunities and career- related services such as part-time, full-time, and casual jobs, graduate programs, volunteer opportunities, internships, and work experience and tutoring roles.
- ACU career development service offers guidance and assistance from day one until two years after graduation and helps in search of jobs and internships, assistance in basic resources and skills.
- ACU is first in graduate employment in Australia.
- ACU awarded five stars for full-time employment and have been recognised globally with five stars for employability.
- 91% of ACU graduates are employed overall, with 77% in full-time employment.
- Australian Catholic University is first in Australia for employer satisfaction.
- Top 4 Undergraduate employment in Australia - Graduate outcomes Survey 2018, and Top 6 in skills development and learner engagement - Student Experience survey 2018.
- Graduate median salary of domestic undergraduates employed full-time is 66,400CAD - Graduate outcomes survey, 2018.
FIND A PROGRAM
Times Higher Education
RANKED #251 - #300
RANKED #201 - #250
RANKED #201 - #250
RANKED #176 - #200
RANKED #251 - #300
Clinical Science (International)
View More >>
QS World University
RANKED #801 - #1000
The college's impressive architecture, up-to-date courses, and lovely environment drew me in, and I decided to enrolled and pursue my Bachelors of Business Administration here. I had to pay ano processing fee and submit my application through the college's online platform.
Course Curriculum :
I gained a better understanding of business topics and how business works in real life as a result of my course. I was also offered a lot of practical experience to help me better understand the course.
I applied to many universities, but this was the first one to accept me. I submitted through the web portal and had to pay no processing fee. My high school GPA of 9.2 aided me greatly in gaining acceptance to this institution plus i even submitted other documents.
Course Curriculum :
It aided in the development of new ideas, critical thinking, and written communication skills. The content of this course contained all of the credentials required to succeed in this field.
ACU was originally a nursing/medical school, so they have very good facilities on campus that others don't have. It is also one of the closest to where I live. I had also heard many great things about the school and its facilities were certainly one of the main strong points about going there. This particular course also had placements in the good first year and another deciding factor.
Course Curriculum :
The medical facilities and excellent and extensive as it was originally just a medical-based school. There are also a lot of new and large buildings on campus which is great. A lot of the teaching for this course is not planned well and is very cramped into a shorter than normal period which is not good.
Since I really wanted to study in Brisbane, I only applied for colleges that are located in Brisbane city and ACU is one of those. Out of my first 4 preferences, ACU was the one that accepted my application. I also chose this uni as their graduates have a high employment rate and they have programs that help you find a location for your medical placements.
Course Curriculum :
The teaching is great and they guide you along the way. Especially in labs, most of the assistants push you to do your best.
The Australian Catholic University, had a sister partnership with my high school, granting access to most students, it was also the only uni that offered a degree in exercise science, combined with a teaching degree. It offered my two preferred degrees in one.
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum suits my personal self great, it's about the Catholic religion and it's beliefs, having come from a religious background I found I suited the course curriculum very well, and was impressed with how I found it.
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Book Store
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary