University of the Sunshine Coast: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The University of the Sunshine Coast is a young, vibrant public university founded in 1996 as the Sunshine Coast University College. It is often referred to as one of Australia’s fastest-growing universities and a top choice for international students who wish to study in Australia. It is presently focusing on providing hands-on learning, experiential learning, high-quality educational experience to students, innovative research with real impact, and practical skills needed by the 21st-century workplace.
The institute offers undergraduate programs in 11 study areas and Uni Pathway programs as well. Also, they offer over 50 graduate programs taught by highly qualified faculty members. Additionally, they have short online courses for students wanting to gain some new skills. The institute has all the facilities needed and is spread on a campus of 100 hectares.
University of the Sunshine Coast Rankings
The University of the Sunshine Coast also known as USC is ranked:
- 43rd in the list of Best Global Universities in Australia/New Zealand by U.S. News and Report
- 36th in the list of Best Global Universities in Australia by U.S. News and Report
- 151–200th in Young University Rankings 2019 by Times Higher Education
- 601–800th in World University Rankings 2020 by Times Higher Education
- 976thin the list of Best Global Universities by U.S. News and Report
- 801-1000th in 2020 QS Global World Ranking
|Type of institute||Public|
|Courses offered||Bachelors, Masters, Certificate courses.|
|Mode of application||Offline|
|Mode of teaching||Online and offline|
|Housing facilities||Not available|
|Financial aid||Scholarships, loans, and grants.|
University of the Sunshine Coast Campus
- The University of the Sunshine Coast is housed in six different campuses namely: Sunshine Coast campus, Moreton Bay Campus, Fraser Coast Campus, Caboolture campus, Gympie campus, and Southbank campus.
- Located on USC are also K'gari Research and Learning Centre at Fraser island, Sunshine coast Mind and Neuroscience–Thompson Institute, Sunshine Coast Health Institute (SCHI), Innovative Center Sunshine Coast, USC Clinical Trials Sippy Downs, and Morayfield.
- Campus facilities include:
- A 37 million AUD Engineering Learning Hub with 3D CAVE2TM visualization studio, simulated nursing and paramedic labs, specialized computer, science, manufacturing and design labs
- Nationally accredited sport science labs, and a range of interactive digital learning spaces.
- Award-winning USC Library with 3 levels of collections, study and computer facilities and Art Gallery having largest collection in the Sunshine Coast region.
- Health Learning and Simulation Centre with industry-standard equipment simulating a hospital environment
- Modern teaching and study spaces, a community garden, the Co-op Bookshop
- A space for multi-faith prayer and quiet reflection and a number of cafes, retail and eateries.
- A high-performance sports precinct with Olympic-standard swimming pool, fully equipped gym, and the 2000-seat USC Stadium, which is home to the Sunshine Coast Lightning netball team.
- The Student Guild website contains information on active student groups and societies at USC. The students can be a part of any of the 23 student groups or can start one of their own.
- Not to forget, the institute has a Quidditch League exclusively for the Potter Heads.
University of the Sunshine Coast Residence
- The University of the Sunshine Coast does not provide student accommodation, manage any off-campus accommodation or screen information.
- The school however provides useful following web platforms where information about rental accommodation or a room in a share house is posted.
- Since it will take a couple of weeks to secure short or long-term accommodation, international students are advised to book temporary accommodation before arriving in Australia to study.
- They can live conveniently afar as there is a large interchange for buses connecting several areas to the Sunshine Coast.
- Brisbane has a good public transport system for students on the Southbank campus, thus, students can find convenient accommodation even if it’s far away from the campus.
- The types of accommodation available around the Sippy Downs Campus are student residences, hotels, motels and apartments, backpackers/hostels, caravan/cabin parks, homestay, house/unit rentals, share houses, etc
- There are three privately-owned student accommodation complexes conveniently located close to Sippy Downs Campus which offer long-term accommodation all year round. These complexes are easily accessible as they are linked by pathways to the campus.
- Annual rent for privately-owned student accommodation ranges from 8,400 AUD to 10,500 AUD.
University of the Sunshine Coast Programs
- The University of the Sunshine Coast offers diploma, bachelor's degree, combined degree, honors, master's degree, and higher degree by research, Graduate certificate, and Graduate Diploma programs in over 200 disciplines.
- The university offer over 100 single or double bachelor degrees which are usually three-year programs or four-year program if it’s a bachelor's degree with honors.
- The school also offer graduate certificate which can be completed in one semester, a graduate diploma which can be completed in two-semester, Masters degree and a Higher degree in a wide range of discipline
- English language programs are also available for students who are not proficient in English or who want to sharpen their English skills
- International students can partake in the study abroad program at USC.
University of the Sunshine Coast Application Process
Application Portal: Applicants are required to download the international student's application form, fill it, attach the supporting documents, scan and mail them to email@example.com
Application Fee: N/A
- English language test score
- Academic transcripts of high school or university.
- a copy of the photo/details page of the applicant’s current passport
- Statement of purpose.
- 2-3 letters of reference.
- Undergraduate: 22 May 2020 (still ongoing)
- Graduate: 29 May (still ongoing)
All India Senior School Certificate) with a minimum grade of 60% or above in the best 4 academic subjects in the final year and overall First Division results are required for UG admissions. For PG admissions, a bachelor's degree with a grade point of 4.0 on a scale of 5.0 or 80% or an equivalent is a must.
English Language Test Scores
Students whose first language is not English are required to meet the English Language requirements listed on the table below:
|Pearson Test of English||50||58|
Note: some programs require a higher English language score.
These test requirements are exempted for students whose mode of instruments in the previous degree was English or taken in an English speaking country.
University of the Sunshine Coast Cost of Attendance
Fees payable by international students for the 2020 academic session is presented on the table below:
|Fees||Undergraduate (AUD)||Graduate (AUD)|
|Tuition||22,600 – 29,600||13,700 - 29,400|
|Textbooks and Material||220 – 800||350 – 1000|
|Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)||752|
|Living cost (accommodation, food, transport, and daily expenses||28,250 – 50,250|
|Total||51,822 – 82,602||43,052 – 83,102|
University of the Sunshine Coast Financial Aid
- The University of the Sunshine Coast awards a plethora of scholarships and loans for international students to strengthen the international students' population in its university community.
- Scholarships awarded by USC are mainly merit-based and also based on community participation, volunteer work, and exceptional achievements.
- Examples of scholarships awarded by USC include:
- Australia Awardsopen to students of Asian, Middle Eastern and African descent who intend to pursue undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the university. This scholarship covers full tuition fee, other fees payable by students, and the living cost. Beneficiaries of this scholarship are required to leave Australia two years after completion of study or may be required to refund the entire cost of the scholarship. Applicants can submit application by mail or via the online scholarship application portal together with the required supporting documents.
- Destination Australia Program with varying worth open to students visa holders who are applying to study at USC. Successful applicants are required to study a CRICOS program at Gympie or Fraser Coast campus of the University.
- Bee-friendly venom-derived bio-insecticides scholarship worth 28,092 AUD; open to undergraduate and research training students. Applicants must have First-Class Bachelor Honors Degree for research training students and exceptional academic performance for undergraduates.
- Apart from scholarships awarded by USC independently or in collaboration with other bodies, other bodies, agencies, organizations, and private individuals offer prizes and awards to high achieving students.
University of the Sunshine Coast Alumni Network
- Once a student has completed any program in the university successfully, he/she is automatically a part of the alumni network.
- As an alumnus, one can enjoy various benefits such as free access to the library, career development support for two years even after graduation, mentoring, awards for outstanding achievements, and much more.
- Some of the noteworthy alumni members of the institute are:
- Gary Crew – Australian Writer
- Jarrod Bleijie – Politician
- Karen Foxlee – Novelist
- Holly Warland – Neuroscientist
University of the Sunshine Coast Placements
- USC offers career mentorship and training to students to help steer them in the right direction. Workshops such as Employ-Ability Blueprint, Developing Employability Skills, Ace Your Job Interview, etc. are frequently conducted for students.
- Career Development assists students in preparing them for careers, gaining employment, or obtaining hands-on work experience.
- The school has a dedicated platform called Students Hub where job vacancies are posted and also a platform for students to know about employer visits and activities on campus, careers events, graduate job opportunities, etc. The students can also get their resume and documents reviewed here.
FIND A PROGRAM
Times Higher Education
RANKED #601 - #800
RANKED #501 - #600
RANKED #501 - #600
RANKED #401 - #500
RANKED #501 - #600
View More >>
I've been interested in programming since I was in elementary school, so I made this decision. I went online and apply via online portal with no application form. Other than this I was even required to submit my previous mark sheet and letter of recommendation.
Course Curriculum :
In-depth experiments of core programming was the part of the curriculum. The curriculum equips graduates with the experience and skills needed to find jobs as technicians or technologists who can instal, plan, support, and manage computer systems and networks, as well as train us for technical certifications.
My cousin, who is a student at this university, told me about it. Since speaking with her, I learned about the advantages of becoming a student here, as well as the outstanding faculty department, and I knew I wanted to study here. So, after finishing my bachelor's degree with an 8.1 GPA, I applied to this university right away. My cousin assisted me with the admissions process. No application fee was charged from me.
Course Curriculum :
We are trained to use strategic thought, decision-making methods, and decision-support techniques to assess market issues and formulate solutions in domestic and global contexts, as well as to show technological expertise in the principal functional areas of business. Formulate a development strategy using constructive coordination when merging the major market and innovation functional areas.
I am an international student in Animal Ecology at USC. Studying in an English speaking country was not easy for me. However, I have been traveling well thanks to my university support. I am always glad that I chose USC. It has such a friendly and supportive community I have ever seen.
Course Curriculum :
l will be completing my fieldwork in Australia to learn about biodiversity, conservation, human-animal interactions, and the impacts of a changing environment through this course. In this curriculum, I am studying a wide range of marine and terrestrial wildlife, including sharks, snakes, birds, turtles, and whales.
I got to know about this college from an education agent and after that did a bit of research. I applied for it with no application fee. I chose this college because I like the location and tuition is fairly reasonable. my undergraduate background is the law which is kind of related to what I am studying right now. I was asked for a bridging course anyway.
I took IELTS for entering this program, which asked for an overall 6.5 with each section no less than 6. I provided my undergraduate credits as well. after that, I was asked to take a bridging course as they stated I haven't had any subject related study before. I ended up writing a letter to the college indicating that I can skip the pre-course.
Because it was the closest to where I live. And I managed to get in based on my Op score and the admission process was straight forward and to the point. I Applied for multiple colleges. However, this one I was successful in getting into the course I wanted for the first time. It also has a shorter time frame to complete the degree than some of the other colleges. The teaching is completed in a way so that everyone no matter their background can understand it and they give people the best chance of completing the subject by providing help to those who need it.
They try to work the placements so it's close to where you live. They try to allow for convenience for you. They are very understanding if you have specific requirements and they will do their best to meet them.
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary