Sault College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Sault College was founded in the year 1965 as a training school in London. Today, it is home to more than 4,500 full-time and part-time students. It offers full-time and part-time certificate programs and diplomas, distance education, professional training, online and post-secondary courses. The primary focus of the college is to provide progressive and experiential education in a supportive environment. If you wish to study at Sault College, you will be spending around 14,839 - 22,397 CAD a year. For Indian students, this approximates 12.85 lakhs a year. For getting admissions to Sault College, international applicants must have IELTS scores (other equivalents accepted) and you must make the applications by February 1.
Top Sault College Courses
|Program||Fees Per Annum||Scores|
|Diploma in Business||$11,870||TOEFL: 79-80
|Diploma in Civil Engineering Technician||$12,370||TOEFL: 79-80
|Graduate Certificate in Project Management||$12,719||TOEFL: 88-89
|Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management||$12,719||TOEFL: 88-89
|Graduate Certificate in Robotics and Advanced Automation||$12,719||TOEFL: 88-89
|Graduate Certificate in Global Business Management||$12,719||TOEFL: 88-89
|Advanced Diploma in Computer Programmer Analyst||$15,180||TOEFL: 79-80
|Diploma in Business Accounting||$11,870||TOEFL: 79-80
|Graduate Certificate in Business Management||$12,719||TOEFL: 88-89
|Diploma in Electrical Engineering||$11,385||TOEFL: 79-80
|Diploma in Graphic Design- Digital Media||$11,385||TOEFL: 79-80
|Advanced Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technician||$12,144||TOEFL: 79-80
Sault offers Post Grad Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Certificate courses, Continuing, and Distance education programs. The School of Business offers Diploma and University degree within four years.
- The CICE or Community Integration through Cooperative Education is an integrated two-year certificate program offered in 19 areas of study.
- The Robotics and Advanced Automation grad. certificate program educates students in a world-class laboratory equipped with the latest robotic equipment.
- Sault College offers four years of Collaborative Bachelor of Science in Nursing program on-campus. Here you will get one of the few certified Indigenous language immersion certificates in North America.
Why choose Sault College?
- Offers full-time programs, which include apprenticeships and part-time programs which include online and independent programs.
- Provides Professional Development and Corporate Training programs under the part-time and distance learning courses.
- Offers summer exchanges as well as International Degree Completion programs, in partnership with various international universities.
- Provision of exchange and study abroad programs with international universities like Korea Aerospace University, Institutes of Technology Ireland, Inverness College, University of Northampton, etc.
- Offers admission to Mature Students. These students are required to submit the scores obtained in the Canadian Academic Achievement Test (CAAT) at the time of application.
Learn What students have to say about Sault College, here!
|Number of Specializations||162|
|Programs Available||Diploma, Certificate Courses, and Co-op Applied Learning programs|
|Annual Intake||2400 full-time students and 4500 part-time students|
|Application Deadline||no later than February 1|
|Test scores accepted for international students||IELTS (requirement is 6.0 no band below 5.5)|
|Financial Aid||over two million dollars spent as Scholarships, Awards, and Bursaries|
Sault College Campus
- Sault College has its main campus in the small city of Ste. Marie, Ontario. The campus is surrounded by dog parks, skate parks, yoga, and fitness centers, and a 22.5km long non-motorized hub trail.
- There is a New Waterfront Home with 2500 square foot main building and a 2460 square foot boathouse for both students and the community. The on-campus Health and Wellness Center is spread over 5000 square-foot with a gymnasium, yoga studio, and two-lane walking & running track.
- The library of Sault College offers space for group study and is equipped with computers, audio-visual equipment, and a lounge area.
- The Early Learning Center within Sault College offers onsite childcare to students, faculty, and the community. The campus has a spa-saloon, health care center, equity room, and student job center.
Sault College School Residence
- Sault College provides single, double, premium single, and barrier-free rooms (for students with disability)
- Students must apply for residence online with the application fees of 50 USD.
- The meal plan is mandatory for all the students living in the on-campus residence. It is included in the total resident cost. Residents can keep a small fish in their room, no other pet is allowed in the rooms.
Sault College Application Process
Sault College accepts applications online through its official website. The application process is the same for domestic applicants and international students willing to study in Canada. Students can apply in Fall, Winter, and Summers. The fall term starts in the month of September, the winter term starts in the month of January and the summer term starts in the month of May.
The supporting documents must be sent along with the application, and the document requirement varies for each country.
Sault College Admission Deadlines
- Fall 2020: The application opens in November
- Spring 2020: The application opens on October
- Sumer 2020: The application opens on June
Application Portal: Online
Application Fees: Local applicants: 95 USD; International applicants: 100 USD
Learn more about admission to Sault College!
Country-wise Requirements Checklist (India)
- All India Senior School Certificate
- Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Year 12 State Board Exam
- Degree Certificate Mark Sheets
- School record diploma
Language Proficiency Required for Sault College
|Tests||Certificate Courses||Diploma Courses|
Sault College Cost of Attendance
Aspirants seeking to enroll at the institute are encouraged to plan an estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US. The cost of attendance includes tuition fees, books and supplies, housing rates, and other personal expenses. It varies depending upon the candidate’s expenditures and the program he/she is enrolled in.
At Sault College programs have different tuition fees, and the rental fees vary as well. Here is a rough idea about the cost of attendance and is subject to change.
|Expenses||International Students (CAD)|
|Tuition fees||14,839 - 22,397*|
|Books and supplies||1,600|
|Housing||5,382 - 6,982|
|Food and Meal plans||3,000-3,700|
|Internet, cable, and laundry||Included in Housing plans|
|Local transit||0-360 approximately|
*Varies with the program chosen
Sault College Scholarships for International Students
- Sault College provides financial assistance to its students in the form of scholarships, bursaries, and student loans. Application for the scholarship is available on the Student Portal under the My Record. Applications must be submitted between October 1st and mid-November.
- ADNET Award: This award is worth 1000 CAD and is for Information Technology students with a minimum of 3.0 GPA.
- Bridge Bi-National Scholarship: This scholarship is worth 4000 CAD and is for graduating Sault students who are continuing at LSSU or Algoma University.
- Mike Channer Award: This award is worth 2,500 CAD and is meant for the student of the Aviation Technology program.
Work while you Study
Sault College offers a work-study program for students in need of financial help. The students can work on regular days and summers too.
Student Employment On-Campus during the Academic Year: The students who need financial help are offered this program. The students can work a maximum of 10 hours per week for 20 weeks or 200 hours. Jobs are posted as per the job updates.
Sault College Summer Work Program: The students who need financial help are offered this program during the summer period i.e. May to August. Jobs are posted, and the application is available at the student job center in the month of April.
- Sault College offers hands-on education with classroom training or online learning while registering their students as an apprentice with the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
- The Trades Qualification and Apprenticeship Act and the Apprenticeship & Certification Act of the Province of Ontario require that all eligible persons above the age of 16 years employed in a capacity other than a journeyperson in the designated trades must be registered as apprentices with the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities.
- Minimum Academic Requirements
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age to enter into apprenticeship training.
- Entrance requirements for apprenticeship programs vary between Grade 10 and Grade 12 depending on the trade, although the applicant will find that most employers and unions require Grade 12 and a solid foundation in Mathematics, English, and the Sciences.
Sault College provides a perfect opportunity to build a master-class resume. Employer job fairs in the fall and winter also allow the students to explore all their employment opportunities.
Sault College School Alumni
Sault College has an alumni network of 35,000 graduates across the globe. The Alumni Relations department strives to provide world-class benefits to alumni. Alumni get discount schemes, Alumni spirit merch, auto insurance, etc.
Sault College encourages its students to explore their options and learn skills via a range of programs offered. With smaller class sizes, student-teacher interaction is high and approach faculty easily. The college boasts that 91% of its students are working within six months of graduation.
FIND A PROGRAM
I got accepted in 3 colleges in Canada but after doing thorough research on them, I decided to join this college as they were offering progressive and experiential education in a supportive environment and I knew that it will help me do my best. To apply here, I had to pay an application fee of $100 as I submitted my application form online.
Course Curriculum :
My business program provided me with a unique set of skills that are in increasing demand and highly regarded by the business community. It offered a comprehensive mix of the concepts and practices of today’s dynamic business environments. With the help of their rigorous curriculum, I was also able to gain essential skills in Accounting, Marketing, Finance, Human recourses, Business operations, and Communication.
The thing that most encouraged me to apply to this college was it's location because Ontario is one of the best cities for a student like me and the job opportunities here are pretty impressive. Also, I already knew about this college from a cousin of mine who lived in Canada. I applied here through the online admission portal and paid an application fee of $100 for it.
Course Curriculum :
My diploma program is 2-years long and consists a total of 4 semesters. Through the program, I'm learning the concepts and hands-on skills necessary to design and build everything from highways, buildings, pipelines, and hydro-electric developments because the program is designed to prepare us with the basic skills and knowledge to assist in the design and construction process.
The goal of my college is to facilitate applied research activities that involve the industry and community partners, staff and utilize comprehensive Facilities Management. Also, I knew that this college will help me grow in my career. After securing a GPA of 7, I had to submit an online application form costing around $100.
Course Curriculum :
Business intelligence and big data tools accomplish this by enabling unprecedented data collection and data manipulation. This data provides organizations with the information they need to respond quickly to organizational and market changes and opportunities.
To avail the newest state-of-the-art labs and learn about the amazing facilities, I decided to apply at this college. Also, the college offered many facilities including internship and co-op. My GPA was 8. I was required to submit an application form. It was among the top universities of the Canada.
Course Curriculum :
The Cybersecurity program is designed for the individual seeking knowledge and certification in computer and network-related administration and security. The Cybersecurity program gives students the knowledge and practical skills needed to become industry-ready IT security professionals.
The goal of my college is to facilitate applied research activities that involve the industry and community partners, staff, and us and utilize comprehensive Facilities Management. With this great moto, I also liked their infrastructure and decided to apply here. After securing a GPA of 7.7, I had to submit an online application form costing around $95.
Course Curriculum :
Business intelligence and big data tools accomplish this by enabling unprecedented data collection and data manipulation. The data provides organizations with the information we need to respond quickly to organizational and market changes and opportunities.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary