Loyalist College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Loyalist College formerly known as Loyalist College of Applied Arts and Technology is a public college with its campuses across Canada. The college was established in 1967 as a part of provincial initiatives to create institutions to provide certificate and diploma courses. The college is recognized for its strong, pioneering presence, community resolve, determination, and forward-thinking leaders. Ranked amongst the top colleges in Canada, it is one of the best English-language institutions focused on Applied Arts and Technology programs.
Admission at Loyalst College more than 3,000 where around 800 students are from different countries and around 12,000 students are part-time students. Programs are offered in 3 terms. Diplomas, certificates, and continuing education in different areas are provided at this college on-campus and online. 200 acres size campus located 2 hours east of Toronto provides many facilities to students.
The campus contains 5 residential buildings with laundry, food, computer access, security, and entertainment facilities and can hold approx. 474 students. The student to faculty ratio is 21:1 at Loyalist College the tuition and fees for the students range from 4,000 to 16,000 Canadian dollars from domestic to international students.
Loyalist College Rankings
- Loyalist College ranks #! for industry research income as a percentage of total research income.
- #1 in Ontario for graduate employment by Colleges Ontario at a rate of 90.8% in comparison with the provincial average of 85.7%
- Ranked amongst colleges in the province for graduate satisfaction, employer satisfaction, student satisfaction, and graduation rate by Colleges Ontario.
- #147 amongst the top Canadian Universities in Webometrics ranking.
|Type of College||Public|
|Year of Establishment||1967|
|Campuses||Belleville, Bancroft, and Mississauga|
|Mode of Programs||Full Time and Part-Time|
|Number of Programs||77|
|Intake Sessions||Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter|
|Academic Calendar||Semester Based|
|Language Proficiency Test||TOEFL and IELTS|
|Financial Assistance||Work-Study Funding and OSAP|
Loyalist College Campus
- The Loyalist College campus is at Belleville, Bancroft, and Mississauga which are regarded as one of the best cities for international students in Canada.
- The main campus sprawls across 200 acres at Belleville, situated 2 hours east of Toronto and conveniently located near shopping centers, restaurants, housing and all kinds of entertainment facility
- The students can also take part in outdoor activities such as fishing, boating and take a walk near the Lake Ontario Waterfront
- Highway 401, buses and trains are in close proximity to the campus making commuting easier for students
- The campus is well equipped with facilities such as classrooms, labs, workshops, digital media center, fitness center, library, and the campus bookstore
- Students can enroll themselves in student groups and communities such as community choir, LGBTQ+, Loyalist retracts, and sustainable communities.
- The Bay of Quinte Skills Centre for students enrolled in skilled trades programs, Biosciences lab for biotechnology, chemical engineering, and environmental technology programs and Human Simulation lab for students in healthcare programs offers hands-on training to students.
Loyalist College Residence
- Loyalist College offers On-campus accommodation to its students across 5 residence halls spread across campus with a housing capacity of more than 600 students.
- The residence near downtown Belleville has an apartment-style set-up with six private bedrooms including kitchen, unlimited internet, two bathrooms, and a common living room
- The residences are also equipped with facilities such as laundry, volleyball court, picnic tables, outdoor patios, and security equipped common area for students to hang out.
|Single Occupancy||6000 CAD for the current academic year|
|Double Occupancy||3080 CAD for the current academic year|
- For students interested in living off-campus, Loyalist college offers accommodation via Places4Students.com which enables them to search for a place, roommate and post a listing
- The college does not inspect listed rooms and it is the student’s responsibility to ensure the credibility of the listed apartment
Loyalist College Top Programs
- Loyalist College offers 77 programs through 3 schools. The programs are offered in 3 terms i.e. fall, spring, winter
- The programs are post-secondary diplomas, certificate programs, pathway programs, college access, bachelor degrees, and post-graduate programs
- It also provides continuing education, career preparation program, dual credit programs, apprenticeships, and distance education
- Popular programs of the college are Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Biotechnology, Cannabis Applied Science, Civil Engineer Technology, Culinary Management, Fitness and Health Promotion, Journalism, Paramedic, Radiation Safety, Welding Techniques, etc
- The nursing programs of the college is accredited by the Canadian Association of School of Nursing Accreditation Bureau
- Some programs with annual fees-
|Programs||Domestic tuition (CAD)||International Tuition|
|Bachelor of Science in Nursing||6,008||14,332|
|Child and Youth Care||2,722||14,332|
Loyalist College Application Process
International students willing to study in Canada are required to fulfill the additional requirements including English proficiency, visa, and additional documents to secure admission at Canadian Universities. The admissions at the Loyalist College are offered for more than 77 programs at the diploma, graduate certificate, and college certificate program levels to undergraduate and graduate applicants.
The application process at Loyalist College includes the following:
- Submission of official high school transcripts, degree or diploma
- Language proficiency test scores
- Letter of recommendation
- Translated copies of official documents if not in English
- Passport copy
- SOP to study in Canada
Application Portal: OntarioColleges.ca/ authorised education agent
Note: For details on education agent students can contact the international admissions at InternationalAdmissions@loyalistcollege.com
Application Fee: 100 CAD ( non- refundable) through flywire
How to Apply:
The steps involved in submitting the application are as follows:
The applicants are required to create an online account on ontariocolleges.ca. After creating the account, applicants can choose their program of interest and apply with required documents as listed below:
- Passport copy
- Certified and translated copies of secondary and post-secondary transcripts with a minimum grade of 50%
English Language Proficiency Test Scores
|Language proficiency test score||Certificate/Advanced Diploma/Diploma||Post Graduate/Fast Track|
|CAEL||Overall band of 60||Overall band of 70|
|Cambridge English Exam||C2 proficiency or C1 advanced||C2 proficiency or C1 advanced|
|Duolingo English Test||95-100||105-110|
- After uploading the requested document, the application can be submitted with the application fee. If the application is approved you will receive the letter of acceptance through the application portal
- Pay the tuition fee and download the fee receipt
- Download the fee receipt and letter of acceptance to support your VISA application
- Apply for a study permit and visa
- Apply to residence if applicable
Loyalist College Cost of Attendance
International students are required to have funding sufficient to meet the cost of living in Canada. They can pay their tuition via flywire or bank transfer from a Canadian bank account. International students are required to pay a minimum fee of 8000 CAD for an academic semester before the start of classes.
|Expenses||Fall (First Year Two Semesters) Costs in CAD||Winter (First Year Two Semesters)Costs in CAD||Spring (First Year One Semester) Costs in CAD||2nd year (Two Semesters)Costs in CAD||3rd Year (Two Semesters)Costs in CAD|
|Textbooks and supplies||50-150 CAD depending on the program|
Financial Aid for International Students.
- Students can also apply for scholarships in Canada based on academic excellence
- Loyalist College students are offered many scholarships, awards, and bursaries
- Some of the scholarships are-Ad standard scholarship given to undergraduate advertising and marketing students with an amount of $1500
- A place for Mom scholarship which is provided to students of medicine, nursing, sociology, occupational therapy, etc warded quarterly with an amount of $1000
- Kevin Collins Abilities Scholarship with an amount of $3000 awarded to students with disabilities
- Garry Douglas Memorial Scholarship is offered to graduating year students of Architectural technology related programs with a minimum 80% GPA. The value is $1000
- Canadian Technical Asphalt Association Scholarships to students science, technology, and engineering with an amount of $2000 for undergraduate and graduate levels
- International students are offered many smaller scholarships which are awarded only during the fall semester
- Loyalist College has a wide alumni network across the globe to keep graduates and professors connected to one another
- College alumni have access to numerous benefits and discount programs
- Loyalist notable alumni include Erin Davis, David Doel, Laurie Scott, Paul Johnson, Mark Potter, and Cam Mather
Loyalist College Placements
- Loyalist colleges do not receive work placement after completion of the program. Although, a paid co-op which is a part of a program results in a full time
- Students also have access to an online job board exclusively designed for Loyalist graduates and alumni
- Graduates are recommended to apply via the job board as the career center receive job postings from employers who seek college graduates or student for co-op, full time and part-time programs.
- The career center of the college provides a variety of services to its alumni and students that include job search, career fairs, mock interviews sessions, resume/cover letter writing, career advising, etc
- The graduate employment rate of the college is 90.8%
- Popular employers of Loyalist College graduates are HGS ltd., Pita Pit inc., Tucows, Inc., Loyalist College, and Goodwill industries
Some entry-level provincial average salaries of the graduates by programs published by Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities-
|Programs||Average Salary (CAD)|
|Chemical Engineering Technologist(3 years)||40,000 to 44,999|
|Radiation Safety(1 year)||70,000 to 74,999|
|Business Administration(3 years)||30,000 to 34,999|
|Accounting(2 years)||30,000 to 34,999|
|Business Sales and Marketing(2 years||30,000 to 34,999|
|Paramedic( 2years)||55,000 to 59,999|
|Practical Nursing( 2years)||34,999 to 45,000|
|Welding techniques(1 year)||35,000 to 39,999|
|Photojournalism(2 year)||30,000 to 34,999|
|Culinary Management(2years)||30,000 to 34,999|
The average salary of graduates according to payscale is 47,067 CAD. Salaries according to the job roles are:
|Job Roles||Average Salary (CAD)|
|Quality Assurance Coordinator||45,000|
FIND A PROGRAM
I opted for this university because it had offered an excellent academic program and other opportunities.The admission process was really simple and totally online.I had applied not applied at any other college.For my admission there I had to filled an online application form through the official website of college by paying around $100.
Course Curriculum :
From this degree I had gained the knowledge and in-demand skills needed to become an industry-ready IT security professional. It had equipped me to help organizations prevent fraud, data breaches and other vulnerabilities.I had learn how to develop, implement and evaluate cyber security solutions to protect organizations from internal and external threats.I really loved the classes structure and the lessons are delivered in a very unique way.
I always wanted to study at Canada.So I applied at the multiple colleges there but I got selected in this colleges so I took admission here.There was an online application made by me through the official website of the college and the application process had cost me around 100 CAD.
Course Curriculum :
This program delivered concrete, marketable skills with a dual focus on financial and management accounting. I had develop managerial skills in budgeting, product costing and price setting, eliminating financial waste. Through this program I got access opportunities to gain certification in industry-leading software such as MS Excel.I had learnt from case studies and guest speakers from the local business community which were very important for getting real world experience.
When I passed my senior secondary school, I started my search for a business course which must had more than banking or tradition commerce courses. Hence I came across the business diploma course of this university which I found a best fit for my needs.
Course Curriculum :
My course curriculum had various segment like basic computer application, business maths analysis, operation management etc. The course had examined the factors that influence human behavior and performance in the workplace. In addition to it, I had learned to apply the fundamentals of accounting to improve budget management, increase potential profits, sell new ideas, etc. in it.
After completing my school education, I started consulting private agencies in order to get admission in Canada. The chandigarh consultancy had supported me from start to end. Under their tutelage I appeared in IELTS exam and scored well in it in the very first attempt. My cost of application was $100 for one course.
Course Curriculum :
My course was the best sales and marketing course being offered in colleges that time. I had learned in an environment that was assisted by business professionals. Basically my course was divided in to four semesters. I had learned about the business maths, sales presentations, cultural values and norms and how they impact the workplace. My course defined marketing and the core concepts of needs, wants, demand, etc.
I got accepted in a total of 4 colleges after which I did my part of the research thoroughly by reading students review, rankings and facilities being provided in colleges. At last, I decided to opt for Loyalist College because along with being one of the top colleges in Canada, it offers amazing facilities. To apply here, I was required to submit an application form online and along with that, pay $100 as the application fee.
Course Curriculum :
Through the curriculum, I'm learning more than just filing taxes and bookkeeping as it is more about understanding a business from the ground up and guiding it through sound financial practice. The program is training us to become Auditor, Financial Analyst, Accountant, Financial Analyst, Personal Banking Officer, Accounts Payable Associate, etc.
- Book Store
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary