Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering is a 3 to 4-year long professional course in engineering. The course can also be pursued after successful completion of the 10+2 level of education in the Science stream from a recognized educational Board with minimum 50% aggregate marks. Also, 10+2 or ITI-qualified students can avail admission to the course’s second year.
Top Institutes offering this course are:
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Guru Ram Das Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Mahakal Institute of Technology
- Techo India University, Kolkata
- Galgotias University, Noida
The average tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 10,000 and 5 Lacs for a span of 3 years.
This technical course aims to offer to eligible candidates basic learning in disciplines like Engineering, Science, Computing, Mathematical techniques and English to communicate.
|COMPUTER SCIENCE COLLEGES IN Tamil Nadu||COMPUTER SCIENCE COLLEGES IN Maharashtra||COMPUTER SCIENCE COLLEGES IN Uttar Pradesh||COMPUTER SCIENCE COLLEGES IN Andhra Pradesh|
Computer Science is an interdisciplinary field, both in origin and application. Computer Science plays an important role in virtually all fields, including Science, Medicine, Music, Art, Business, Law, and Communication.
Such professionals are hired in capacities such as Assistant Manager, Computer Engineering, Project Assistant, Computer Engineering, Associate Software Engineer, Senior Technical Assistant, Member, Technical Staff, Design Engineer, Quality Control Engineer, Development Engineer, Computer Architect, Hardware & Network Administrator, Computer Operator, Professor, Technical Engineer, Computer Hardware Engineer, Support Engineer, Computer Networking Engineer, etc.
The average annual salary offered to successful professionals of the discipline in India ranges between INR 3 and 20 lacs, increasing with the candidate’s experience and skillset.
Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering: Course Highlights
Listed below are some of the major highlights of the course.
|Duration||3 to 4 years|
|Examination Type||Semester System/ Year-wise|
|Eligibility||10+2 with minimum 50% marks in aggregate with Science subjects|
|Admission Process||Based on performance in entrance exam|
|Course Fee||INR 10,000 to 5 Lacs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3 to 20 lacs per annum|
|Top Recruiting Companies||Microsoft, Google, Yahoo, Amazon, IBM, Facebook, Oracle, Cisco, Infosys, TCS, Wipro, AT & T, HP, DELL, Intel, Adobe, Global Logic, Google, Accenture, Cisco, Oracle, Sun Microsystems, HCL, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Colleges & Universities, Computer Science & Engineering, Data Centre, Networking, Air Traffic Management, Research and Development, Financial Services Sector, Biotechnology industry, among others.|
|Job Positions||Assistant Manager, Project Assistant, Associate Software Engineer, Senior Technical Assistant, Member Technical Staff, Design Engineer, Quality Control Engineer, Development Engineer, Computer Architect, Hardware & Network Administrator, Computer Operator, Professor, Technical Engineer, Computer Hardware Engineer, Support Engineer, Computer Networking Engineer, and such.|
Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering: What is it About?
Students enrolled in the course are offered to learn in basic engineering techniques, Engineering Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, Engineering drawing.
The course includes computer science subjects such as Programming, Data structures, Digital logic, Theoretical computer science, Algorithms, Computer networks, Operating systems, Web technologies, and Databases and Computer Architecture.
Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering: Who should opt?
Ideal candidates for the course would possess the ability to:
- apply Mathematics, Science and Computer Science and Engineering to real-world problems.
- apply principles of Computer Science and Mathematics to computer science-related problems.
- gain a generalized perspective to view the organization in a holistic manner, and place it in the context of the larger environment.
- grasp technical and functional business skills relevant to the discipline.
Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering: Top Institutes
Tabulated below are some of the top institutes in India that offer the course.
Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering: Eligibility
Listed below are the minimum criteria which candidates interested in pursuing the course are required to fulfil, in order to be eligible to apply for the course.
- Successful qualification of class X, with Science, Math, and English as 3 of the main subjects, and with a minimum aggregate score of 55%, and an ITI- qualification.
- Successful qualification of class XII with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry as 3 of the main subjects, and a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
|COMPUTER SCIENCE COLLEGES IN Telangana||COMPUTER SCIENCE COLLEGES IN Madhya Pradesh||COMPUTER SCIENCE COLLEGES IN Punjab||COMPUTER SCIENCE COLLEGES IN Haryana|
Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering: Admission Process
Most institutes offering the course admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test. Admission process generally varies across colleges.
A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level.
Listed below are some of the entrance exams conducted in the country for admission to the course.
- AIEEE: All India Engineering Entrance Examination.
- AICET: All India Common Entrance Test.
- IIT JEE: IIT Joint Entrance Examination
- JNU: Jawaharlal Nehru University Engineering Entrance Exam
- COMEDK: Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka
- Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam
- Associate Membership of Institutions of Engineers AMIE Entrance Exam
- Associate Membership of Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers AMIETE Entrance Exam
- DCE CEE Entrance Exam.
- BISAT Entrance Examination
- BIHER Entrance Exam
- NIT Entrance Exam
- VITEEE Engineering Entrance Exam
Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering: Syllabus and Course Description
A semester-wise breakup of the course’s syllabus is tabulated here.
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Communication Skills-I||Communication Skills-II|
|Value and Ethics in Technical Education||Engineering Drawing|
|Engineering Mathematics-I||Engineering Mathematics-I I|
|Applied Physics||Fundamentals of Electrical & Electronics|
|Applied Chemistry||Computer Center Management|
|Computer Fundamentals & Applications||Programming in C|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Engineering Economics||Marketing Management|
|Electronics Workshop||Computer Architecture|
|Data Structure||Database Management System|
|Operating System||Linux O.S.|
|Network Essentials||Multimedia Technology & Application|
|Object Oriented Programming in C++||Programming in Visual Basic|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Software Engineering||Entrepreneurship Development|
|MP & Programming||Project|
|Client Server Applications||Networking Technology|
|System Software||Computer Networks|
|Web Page Design||Network Installation & Management|
|-||Wireless and Mobile communication|
|-||Industrial Training of 6-week duration|
Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering: Career Prospects
Qualified Computer Science Engineers are gainfully employed across sectors such as
- Embedded Systems
- Database management
- Computer Hardware & Software Implementation
- Computer Hardware & Software Maintenance,
- Software Design
- System Testing
- Graphics Animation
- Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
- Software Engineering
- Web Designing.
Computer Science Engineers are responsible for:
- making effective use of modern engineering tools.
- handling software equipment.
- designing gainful techniques for engineering practices.
- managing relevant projects.
- working with a variety of technical and software applications.
- maintaining and developing computer software systems.
Such Computer Engineers are hired across IT organizations for job roles such as:
- Software design development.
- Manufacturing, assembling, maintaining software systems.
- Web development.
- Web programming.
- E- commerce specialization.
- Telecommunication, Aerospace maintenance.
- PC production.
- PC networking.
- PC equipment system design and development.
Related Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering are:
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
Read about more Diploma in Engineering courses
Some of the popular professional avenues open to such professionals are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
|Job Position||Job Description||Average Annual Pay Scale in INR|
|Software Developers||Software Developers are experts that handle features of software development processes which include exercises, for example, planning and coding, computer programming, project management, and so on.||3,90,970|
|Engineer||An Engineer is a technical professional who applies the theories and principles of Physical Sciences to plan, develop and grow monetarily suitable, and effectively executable products and solutions for specialized issues of the profession.||3,37,899|
|Professors||Professors teach students a wide range of subjects at the post-secondary level. They deliver scholarly articles, perform research, and instruct in the discipline.||9,13,657|
|System Analyst||Computer Engineers who function as Systems Analyst, are responsible for looking into current issues, and planning solutions for such issues. They prescribe software and system related solutions, and organize improvement for business development groups.||6,02,094|
|System Administrators||System Administrators are experts who deal with, and maintain computer systems of organizations. They are in charge of installing, designing, and supporting computer systems including internet and intranet frameworks, Local Area Networks (LANs) and Wide Area Networks (WANs), for different sorts of organizations and applications.||6,19,891|