What is BSc Computer Applications?
B.Sc. Computer Applications is a 3-year full-time undergraduate degree program dealing with the study related to the various aspects of computer functioning. During this course study, the students can get in-depth knowledge on Windows, Programming Languages, Operating System, Web Designing and more.
This course is specially designed to create quality IT professionals who are able to solve any critical IT issues in the software industry.
The basic B.Sc. Computer Applications eligibility criteria is completing 10+2 level in Science stream or DOEACC Level 3 or equivalent degree from a recognized educational board with a minimum 50% aggregate score.
Admission to this course study is done either on the basis of merit or on the basis of candidates' scores in the entrance exams conducted by the respective colleges or universities.
Some of the top-most B.Sc. Computer Applications colleges in India are listed below:
|NIRF Rank 2020||College Name||Admission||Average Annual Fee||Average Annual Salary|
|25||PSG College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore||Merit Based||INR 1,265||INR 3,60,000|
|26||Patna Science College, Patna||Merit Based||INR 3,558||INR 2,50,000|
|46||Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai||Merit Based||INR 20,000||INR 2,00,000|
|47||St Teresa’s College, Ernakulam||Merit Based||INR 3,500||INR 1,85,000|
|56||Dayanand Brajendra Swarup College, Kanpur||Entrance Based||INR 3,342||INR 3,10,000|
The course fee may differ from colleges to colleges. However, the average tuition fee charged by the reputed B.Sc. Computer Applications Colleges in India ranges between INR 5,000 to 50,000.
After completing this course study, the graduates can get a diverse range of job opportunities in Educational Institutes, IT companies, Websites, Software Companies, Internet Marketing Companies etc.
They are employed in potential job roles like Mobile Application Developer, Computer Programmer, Computer Operator, Senior Applications Support Analyst, Computer Application Tutor etc.
The average annual salary of such professionals typically ranges between INR 2,00,000 to 25,00,000 in top IT companies such as HP, IBM, Google, Accenture, Amazon, Snapdeal, Tata Consultancy, HCL, Intel, Micromax, AT&T, BSNL etc.
What is the BSc Computer Applications Admission Process?
B.Sc. Computer Applications course admission is mainly done on the basis of the candidate's merit. Few colleges allow admission to this course on the basis of the entrance exam score conducted by the college admission authority, followed by the personal interview session.
The application form for B.Sc. Computer Applications are available in the month of May and June in every academic year. You can apply through both online and offline mode.
- The aspiring candidates can fill the application form both online and offline. You can get the application form directly from the college premises.
- Fill up the application form carefully along with all personal details.
- After going through all the application forms, the college admission authority will release a cut-off list. If the student clears the cut-off rank, then he/she will be eligible for admission into the respective college or university.
- The selected candidates have to submit the required documents and pay the admission fee for securing their admission.
How to apply for BSc Computer Applications?
To secure your admission in B.Sc. Computer Application course through entrance-based mode, you need to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Make a thorough research on the top B.Sc. Computer Applications colleges. Apply online by registering yourself through the official website of the respective colleges.
- Fill up the application form accurately with all details, submit requisite documents, application fees.
- After evaluation of the application form, the college committee releases the admit cards required to appear for the entrance exams.
- If you qualify in the entrance exam, the shortlisted candidates may have to go through the personal interview session.
- The final candidate selection will be done on the basis of the scores obtained by the candidates at the entrance exam, interview round and class 10+2 level.
- The shortlisted students then have to pay the admission fee to secure their seats in their preferred colleges.
What is the BSc Computer Applications Eligibility Criteria?
The minimum eligibility for B.Sc. Computer Applications course study is mentioned below:
- Students must complete their Higher Secondary Education (class 10+2 level) in Science stream or DOEACC (Department of Electronics and Accreditation of Computer Courses) level 3 or equivalent qualification from a recognized educational board.
- Candidates need to possess a minimum aggregate of 50% in class 12.
- Students waiting for their 10+2 or diploma results can also be eligible for applying for this course.
What is the BSc Computer Applications Entrance Exams?
Most of the B.Sc. Computer Applications colleges allow direct admission on the basis of merit. However few colleges or universities conduct their own set of entrance exams to select the most eligible candidates for this course study. The entrance exam syllabus typically covers subjects from 10+2 level, like Physics, Chemistry, Computer, Mathematics etc. So, it is essential to have a strong knowledge on these portions.
After qualifying in the entrance exam, the shortlisted candidates need to go through a personal interview round.
How to Prepare for BSc Computer Applications Entrance Exams?
Here we elaborate some important points which need to be kept in mind while preparing for B.Sc. Computer Applications entrance exams:
- First you need to go through the entrance exam syllabus. You can download the detailed syllabus from the official websites of the respective colleges.
- The entrance exam pattern may change every year. So, before starting preparation for the exam, you should have a clear idea about the exam pattern.
- B.Sc. Computer Applications entrance exam basically covers different sections, like Quantitative ability, Computer Knowledge, Reasoning, General Aptitude, General Awareness etc. You need to learn some basic and quick tricks and tips.
- Most of the entrance exams consist of MCQ type questions with negative markings. So, it is essential to answer a question when you are 100% sure.
- Prepare a time table and try to complete the overall syllabus on time and get some time for quick revision.
- Regular revision and practice can help you to identify your weak points, so that you can emphasis on those.
- Start practicing previous years question papers and sample question papers to enhance your confidence level.
- Remember to take important notes while studying, it will help you to revise the important topics before appearing for the exam.
- To enhance your general awareness, start reading newspapers, journals and keep yourself updated with the latest news and current affairs.
How to Get Admission into a Good BSc Computer Applications College?
Most of the colleges allow admission of the eligible candidates on the basis of merit, so you need to have a good score in 10+2 level or diploma, so that it can meet the cut-off criteria set by the respective colleges.
- Few colleges offer admission based on the students’ performance in the entrance exam and personal interview round conducted by the college admission authority.
- Start preparing for the entrance exam before 1 year of the date of examination.
- Make sure you have applied in your preferred B.Sc. Computer Applications colleges before the deadline.
- Be well-prepared for the personal interview round. You should have enough knowledge on computers and current affairs.
- You should have a clear idea about the course curriculum offered by the college. Go through their official website and check the details.
- Must have the knowledge about the placement packages offered by the college in the last few years.
BSc Computer Applications: What is it About?
B.Sc. Computer Applications course is a 3-year undergraduate degree program that imparts knowledge on various aspects of computer functioning and technology.
- It is a systematic study of the computer system and its applications that helps the students to imbibe their logical as well as analytical skills.
- The course provides knowledge on HTML programming and Object-oriented programming language so that the students are able to tackle critical issues in the IT industry.
- The course is perfect for those students who have interest in learning the basics of IT knowledge and various computer programming languages.
- During this course study, the students can learn about the functional knowledge of Windows, Computer operating systems, programming languages, web designing etc.
- This course is specially designed to cover all aspects related to study that helps the students to be prepared to make a successful career in the Software Industry.
- Some of the common B.Sc. Computer Applications subjects include Windows Operating System, Programming language, Web Designing, HTML, Linux etc.
BSc Computer Applications: Course Highlights
The major highlights of B.Sc. Computer Applications course are provided in the table given below:
|Full Form||Bachelor of Science in Computer Applications|
|Eligibility||10+2 level in Science stream or Diploma or equivalent with 50% aggregate from a recognized board|
|Admission Process||Merit Based. Entrance Exam for few cases|
|Course Fee||INR 5,000-5,00,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 2,00,000-25,00,000|
|Job Profiles||Mobile Application Developer, Computer Programmer, Computer Operator, Senior Applications Support Analyst, Computer Application Tutor etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Educational Institutes, IT companies, Websites, Software Companies, Internet Marketing Companies etc.|
|Top Recruiting Companies||HP, IBM, Google, Accenture, Amazon, Snapdeal, Tata Consultancy, HCL, Intel, Micromax, AT&T, BSNL etc.|
Why Study BSc Computer Applications?
There are plenty of reasons to study B.Sc. Computer Application course. This course helps the students to become skilled professionals to solve IT industry related issues. Some of the advantages are mentioned in the following:
- Candidates with B.Sc. Computer Applications degree holders have huge demand in the IT industry. They have become proficient in various computer programming languages, like C, Linux, HTML, Java etc.
- They can avail opportunity to go for further higher studies, like M.Sc. Computer Applications, MCA etc. to enhance their knowledge on an advanced level.
- After completing this course study, the students can avail prospective career opportunities in major recruiting fields, like IT companies, software companies, websites, internet marketing companies etc.
- They are usually hired as Mobile Application Developer, Computer Programmer, Computer Operator, Senior Applications Support Analyst, Computer Application Tutor etc.
Course Comparison: BSc Computer Applications and BSc Computer Science
The below table depicts the comparison between B.Sc. Computer Applications and B.Sc. Computer Science course study:
Check out the top B.Sc. Computer Science colleges in India
|Parameters||B.Sc. Computer Application||B.Sc. Computer Science|
|Qualification||Graduation Level||Graduation Level|
|Overview||This course imparts in-depth knowledge on various aspects of computer applications and programming languages.||This course offers theoretical knowledge and skills related to computer science and its real life applications,|
|Duration||3 Years||3 Years|
|Examination Type||Semester Based||Semester Based|
|Eligibility||Complete 10+2 level in Science stream/ Diploma from a recognized board with minimum 50% aggregate||10+2 in Science stream with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a recognized board|
|Admission Process||Merit based, Entrance exam in some cases||Merit Based|
|Average Course Fees||INR 5,000-5,00,000||INR 3,00,000-7,00,000|
|Colleges||Ethiraj College for Women, Patna Science College, Suresh Gyan Vihar University, Magadh Mahila College, Nirmala College, St. Teresa’s College etc.||Delhi University, Christ University, Mithibai College of Arts, Loyola College, St. Xavier’s College, Chandigarh University etc.|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 2,00,000-25,00,000||INR 2,00,000-6,00,000|
|Job Roles||Mobile App Developer, Computer Programmer, Computer Operator, Computer Application Tutor, Senior Application Support Analyst etc.||Software Engineer, Software Developer, Web Developer, Mobile App Developer, Website Designing, Network Engineer, Data Analyst etc.|
Which are the Top BSc Computer Applications Colleges?
Some of the top-most colleges in India where to pursue B.Sc. in Computer Applications course are listed below:
|College Name||Average Annual Fee||Average Annual Salary|
|Ethiraj College for Women||INR 20,000||INR 2,00,000|
|St Teresa’s College||INR 3,500||INR 1,85,000|
|Suresh Gyan Vihar University||INR 87,117||INR 2,40,000|
|Government Maharani Laxmi Bai Girl’s PG (Autonomous College)||INR 12,837||INR 2,80,000|
|Lucknow Christian Degree College||INR 12,533||INR 2,00,000|
|Magadh Mahila College||INR 2,273||INR 3,00,000|
|Patna Science College||INR 3,558||INR 2,50,000|
|Dayanand Brajendra Swarup College||INR 3,342||INR 3,10,000|
|Nirmala College||INR 8,503||INR 2,60,000|
|PSG College of Arts and Science||INR 1,265||INR 3,60,000|
|Gossner College||INR 9,937||INR 3,20,000|
|Singhania University||INR 21,000||INR 4,50,000|
|Kakatiya University||INR 11,940||INR 3,00,000|
|Dayanand Anglo Vaidik Mahavidyalaya||INR 18,000||INR 3,20,000|
|Magadh University||INR 12,333||INR 2,50,000|
|Sri Krishnadevaraya University||INR 5,400||INR 5,00,000|
|Shanti Devi Arya Mahila College||INR 15,000||INR 1,72,000|
|Karim City College||INR 8,500||INR 2,60,000|
|Yashwantrao Mohite College||INR 28,000||INR 4,00,000|
|Annada College||INR 3,460||INR 3,00,000|
College Comparison: BSc Computer Applications
The below-mentioned table depicts the comparison between the top three B.Sc. Computer Applications colleges in India are based on several major parameters, like NIRF ranking, admission process, course fee, average placement packages etc.
|College Name||Ethiraj College for Women||St. Teresa’s College||PSG College of Arts and Science|
|Overview||This autonomous college is affiliated to the University of Madras and famous for offering BA, B.Sc., B.Com, BBA, MBA, MCA, M.Phil, PhD in various disciplines.||This college is affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University and it offers UG, PhD, Diploma and M.Phil, Certification courses in different specializations.||This institute was established by the PSG Sons’ and Charities Trust. It offers UG, PG, Diploma and PhD courses in various disciplines.|
|NIRF Rank 2020||46||47||25|
|Eligibility||Passed 10+2 level with Mathematics as a main subject||Passed 10+2 level in Science Stream||Passed 10+2 with Mathematics and Physics|
|Admission Process||Merit Based||Merit Based||Merit Based|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 20,000||INR 3,500||INR 1,265|
|Average Placement Package||INR 2,00,000||INR 1,85,000||INR 3,60,000|
What is the BSc Computer Applications Syllabus?
B.Sc. Computer Applications course curriculum is divided into 6 semesters. The syllabus may differ from one college to another, but the subjects remain the same for the overall course duration. A semester-wise breakup of B.Sc. Computer Applications course syllabus is given below table:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Introduction to PC & Windows Operating System||Introduction to Information Technology|
|Application Software||Programming Fundamental|
|Practical (Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point)||Practical (C Language)|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Introduction to Web Designing I||Introduction to Web Designing II|
|RDBMS using MS-Access||Management Information System|
|Practical (HTML and MS-Access)||Practical (Web Designing)|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Multimedia Tools||Introduction to Linux|
|Desktop Publishing||Introduction to Net|
|Practical||Practical (Linux and Net)|
Which are the Important Books for BSc Computer Applications?
Given below the list of some of the most important books for B.Sc. Computer Applications course study:
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Fundamentals of Computer||SIA|
|Basic of Computer & Information Technology||Dr. K. Venkataraman, Prof. Pravin Jain|
|Web Designing and Development||Tanweer Alam|
|Introduction to Linux: Installation and Programming||N.B. Venkateswarlu|
|Computing Fundamentals and C Programming||E Balagurusamy|
What are the BSc Computer Applications Job Profiles?
B.Sc. Computer Applications course study offers exciting and lucrative job and career opportunities in various top recruiting sectors, such as:
This undergraduate degree in the Computer Application domain offers a diverse range of career options. Some of the major B.Sc. Computer Applications job profiles are described below along with job description and average annual salary packages:
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Offered Salary|
|Mobile Application Developer||The main role of a Mobile Application Developer is to work with PC experts and architects for utilizing dialects, like Java, C++, ORACLE to build fundamental particulars for programming. They have to test, troubleshoot defective applications for customers.||INR 1,37,043-10,19,699|
|Computer Programmer||Their main responsibility is to write programs, scripting languages, like C++, Java etc. They have to extend the existing projects by utilizing code libraries so that they can easily improve the programming compositions.||INR 5,17,529-20,55,961|
|Computer Operator||They are basically an in-charge who are responsible for observing, controlling different PC frameworks, centralized server PC frameworks within an organization.||INR 1,40,186-5,40,059|
What is the BSc Computer Applications Future Scope?
After completing B.Sc. Computer Applications course successfully, the graduates may have plenty of prospective career options.
If the students wish to opt for further higher studies, then they can go through relevant Master’s degree courses in any of the subjects, like Computer Application, Computer Science, Information Technology etc. They can also opt for a Master's in Computer Applications or MCA course.
BSc Computer Applications: FAQs
Ques. What is B.Sc. Computer Applications course duration?
Ques. What is the minimum eligibility criteria?
Ans. To be eligible for this course study, the candidates need to complete 10+2 level in Science stream or Diploma or equivalent degree from a recognized board with at least 50% aggregate marks.
Ques. What is the admission procedure for B.Sc. Computer Applications course study?
Ques. What are the subjects taught in this course study?
Ques. What is the average course fee for B.Sc. Computer Applications?
Ques. Which are the top colleges for pursuing B.Sc. Computer Applications?
Ques. What are the jobs after a BSc Computer Applications course study?
Ques. What is the average salary offered to B.Sc. computer applications degree holders?