Fellowship in neurology is a 1 or 2-Years full time neurology course for the students who have completed their master’s degree in science or other equivalent stream with an aggregate mark of 60% minimum from a recognized university.
The objective of this course is to equip students with the capability of diagnosing and monitoring neurological disorders, and investigate the functioning of the nervous system that causes strokes, muscle dysfunction, dementia, epilepsy, etc. of patients from every age group.
Admission to this course is granted either on the basis of their Master’s degree merit or through entrance exams like AIIMS, KIMS, NIMHANS, etc. conducted by colleges or universities.
The average fees for this course lies between INR 10,000 to INR 1 lakh. This depends on the course and size & location of the campus, faculty provided, etc.
|NIRF 2020 Ranking||College name||Admission process||Average annual fees||Average annual salary|
|1||All India institute of medical sciences, AIIMS||Entrance exam||INR 6,000||INR 7 lakh – INR 9 lakh|
|2||Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education And Research||Entrance exam||INR 9,600||INR 7.8 lakh|
|3||Christian Medical college, CMC||Entrance exam||INR 2 lakhs||INR 6 lakh|
|5||Sanjay Gandhi PostGraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, SGPGIMS||Entrance exam||INR 65,000||INR 5.56 lakh|
|8||Jawaharlal Institute of PostGraduate Medical Education and Research. JIPMER||Entrance exam||INR 3,700||INR 2.64 lakh|
The job profiles offered after fellowship in neurology are neurologist, neurosurgeon, neuroscientists, sales manager, etc.
The average salary will be INR 2 LPA to INR 20 LPA. It varies on the experience, skills, and knowledge of the candidate.
The top Fellowship in Neurology recruiting organizations are PSRI hospitals, colleges or universities, Kamineni hospitals, Manipal Health enterprises, etc.
Check the entire list of programmes offered by AIIMS here.
What is the Fellowship in Neurology Admission Process?
Colleges and universities conduct both process of admission- merit based selection as well as entrance exam. So that students can enroll themselves according to their eligibility. Most colleges and universities conduct entrance exams to give a chance to all students and to check their abilities.
Merit based Selection
- The application form releases with start-end dates. The application form is filled by the candidate through an online process with the registration fees.
- The cut off list releases by respective colleges or universities.
- Colleges or universities release the date for documentation.
- Students have to go to the campus according to the eligibility with their documents required by colleges or universities.
- Final allotment of colleges after documentation and submission of course fees.
Fellowship in Neurology Entrance Exam
- Registration forms releases for the entrance exam on the official website given by the respective college or universities.
- Students have to fill the online form with registration fees.
- Admit card releases by colleges or universities.
- Entrance exam dates will be released by colleges or universities.
- Results will be declared for the entrance exam.
- Final selection will be done through personal interviews (some cases) of students.
What is the Fellowship in Neurology Minimum Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility of fellowship in neurology is the student has to pass the examination of master’s degree in science stream from a recognised institute.
- The candidate must have scored a minimum 60% marks in the examination.
- No receptacle in any exam will be accepted. Students must have cleared all the subjects
Which are the Various Neurology Entrance Exams Held in India?
|Entrance Exam||Application date||Exam date||Exam mode|
|AIIMS||Last week of November 2020 – 2nd week of January 2021||4th week of May 2021||Online|
|NIMHANS||1 August 2020 – 31 August 2020||18 October 2020||Online|
|KIMS||May 2020 – June 2020||June 2020||Offline|
|IHBAS||July 2020||23 August 2020||Offline|
How to Crack The Fellowship In Neurology Entrance Exam?
- You should Develop a reading habit. It will help you to read and understand fast.
- Reading can be done from newspapers, novels, books, biographies etc.
- You should strengthen your general awareness. It will help you to up your level in academic and personal growth.
- The important thing is to improve your English speaking and writing, and learn more vocabulary.
- You should study smart rather than harder. Make new strategies to work on your time table.
- You should attend all classes.
- You should be known about your interest subjects to get admission and crack the entrance exam accordingly.
- You should be aware of your syllabus coming in exam. Get knowledge about the type of questions, types of sections, marks containing the section, per question marks, negative marking, etc.
- Learn to manage your time according to the questions, sections, so that you can complete your exam in a given time.
- Make a time table and stick to it to accomplish your goals.
- You can find the best top institutes for your preparation.
- Choose your institutes on some factors like fees, location, weekend test, study material, etc.
How to get admission in a good college?
To get admission in good colleges, early preparation is the key. Early preparation not only implies preparation for admission exams but also includes other factors such as:
- You should exhibit your interest and apply In colleges early.
- Score high grades in your schooling and prepare in extra co- curricular activities.
- Invest time in yourself to boost your talent. Participate in the activities you are interested in.
- Make the top college list you are interested to enroll in.
- You should be aware of your strengths and weaknesses. Work on your weakness to overcome and convert it into strengths.
- Prepare for entrance tests and personal interviews conducted by the colleges or universities.
- Get knowledge on application forms, exam dates, and results through social media. Use it properly for your future.
Fellowship in Neurology: What is it About?
Fellowship in Neurology generally deals with the diagnosis of the human nervous system that includes brain and spinal cord/
- Fellowship in neurology course will give knowledge skills and practical experience to the students to work as a professional in this field.
- Students learn about how to differentiate between diagnosis and treatment of medical situations.
- They learn how to treat patients that are affected by the central brain nervous system.
Fellowship in Neurology Course Highlights
From the below tabulate, you will get to know about the admission process, eligibility, course level, durations, colleges, fees, average salary, companies, and job profiles of Fellowship in Neurology.
|Duration||1 or 2-years|
|Examination Type||Semester wise|
|Admission process||Merit based selection or entrance exam|
|Course Fee||INR 10,000- INR 1,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 2 LPA– INR 20 LPA|
|Top Recruiting companies||PSRI hospitals, Kamineni hospitals, Manipal health enterprises, etc.|
|Job Position||Neurologist, sales executive, product specialist, neurosurgeon, neuroscience nurse, etc.|
Why Opt for Fellowship in Neurology?
Fellowship in Neurology will impart students with in-depth knowledge and practical experience that will help them to grow as a healthcare scientist in the field of neurology. In this course, students will learn:
- When to diagnose and treat a medical condition,
- How to diagnose conditions that can affect the brain, spinal cord, and the rest of the nervous system.
- How to measure functions of the movement and sensation of the peripheral nerves,
- And Investigate and treat all types of neurological disorders.
After completing the course, students can also opt for further studies and become neurosurgeon, or neuroscientist which is the highest paying job in this field.
Fellowship in Neurology vs MD in Nephrology: Which One is Better?
Course comparison is important for a student who is going to be enrolled in college for any course. So here we have compared the two important courses that students often get confused while choosing.
|Parameters||Fellowship in Neurology||MD in Nephrology|
|Brief explanation||Neurology deals with the study of the nervous system.||Nephrology deals with the system of kidney. Candidates learn about kidney diseases and how to treat Them. Through this course, adequate skills of diagnostics develop by students. It also helps in identification of renal problems.|
|Duration||1 years||3 years|
|Eligibility||Master’s degree with minimum 60% marks in science stream from a recognised institute.||MBBS degree from a recognised college or universities.|
|Admission process||Merit based / entrance exam||Entrance exam (NEET) / followed by personal Interview|
|Top colleges||All India institute of medical sciences, AIIMS, Jawaharlal Institute of PostGraduate Medical Education and Research. JIPMER, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education And Research.||All India institute of medical sciences, AIIMS , St. John’s Medical College, Etc.|
|Job roles||Neuropathologist, neuron-ophthalmologist, neurosurgeon, neuroscientists, etc.||Nephrologist, assistant professor, product specialist, consultant to physicians, etc.|
|Average fees||INR 10,000 –INR 1 lakh||INR 5,000 – INR 15 lakh|
|Average salary||INR 2 LPA– INR 20 LPA||INR 1 LPA– INR 25 LPA|
Which are the Fellowship in Neurology Top Colleges?
Some of the top colleges of fellowship in neurology:
|NIRF 2020 Ranking||College||Average Course Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|1||All India institute of medical sciences, New Delhi||INR 6,000||INR 7 LPA|
|2||Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education And Research, Chandigarh||INR 9,600||INR 7.8 LPA|
|3||Christian Medical college, Vellore||INR 2 Lakhs||INR 6 LPA|
|5||Sanjay Gandhi PostGraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow||INR 65,000||INR 5.56 LPA|
|8||Jawaharlal Institute of PostGraduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry||INR 3,700||INR 2.64 LPA|
|10||King George’s Medical University, Lucknow||INR 69,000||INR 3 LPA|
|12||Madras Medical College, Chennai||INR 25,000||INR 4.56 LPA|
|13||Sri Ramachandra Institute Of Higher Education And Research Chennai||INR 49000 Lakhs||INR 10 LPA|
|14||St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore||INR 8.97 Lakhs||INR 6 LPA|
|16||VardhmanMahavirMedical college, New Delhi||INR 45,000||INR 2.76 LPA|
Fellowship in Neurology College Comparison
Students should compare some colleges before admission. The parameters on which you can compare them are about college, city, rank, eligibility, admission process, top companies, average fees, average salary etc.
|Parameters||All India institute of medical sciences, AIIMS||Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education And Research||Christian Medical college, CMC|
|Brief Explanation||AIIMS was established as an institution of national importance by an act of parliament. This college provides UG course and PG course medical education. It provides facilities for teaching, research, and patient care.||PGIMER is an autonomous university established in 1962. It offers various courses of UG, PG and research level.||CMC is a private educational and research institute. This college offers UG, PG, Doctoral courses for medicine, surgery, nursing.|
|Eligibility||Master’s degree||Master’s degree||Master’s degree|
|Admission Process||Entrance exam||Entrance exam||Entrance exam|
|Average Fees||INR 6,000||INR 9,600||INR 2 lakh|
|Average Salary||INR 9 LPA||INR 7.8 LPA||INR 6 LPA|
What is the Fellowship in Neurology Syllabus?
Syllabus is a 1-year course that is divided into 2 semesters. Syllabus decided on the basis of time available for the course. The subjects related to the course enable students to get deep insight of the course so that they can achieve their goals.
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|
|Neuro pathology||Neuro chemistry|
|Neuro microbiology||Neuro pharmacology|
Fellowship in Neurology Best Books to Follow
|Principles of neural science||Eric R Kandel|
|Everyday health And fitness with multiple sclerosis||David lyons|
|Lange clinical neurology and neuroanatomy||Aaron berkowitz|
|Raven neurology Review||Paul Johnson MD|
|Functional anatomy of the brain||Leon Danaila|
|The Hospital neurology book||Arash Salardini|
|Introduction to clinical neurology||Douglas J. Gelb|
|The neuroICU book, second edition||Kiwon Lee|
|Neuro Ophthalmology illustrated||Valerie Biousse|
What are the Fellowship in Neurology Career Options and Job descriptions?
Career options are many in this field. Some of the job profiles are briefly explained below. Students must have to clear about their career opportunities, they will have after the course.
|Job Profile||Role||Average Annual Salary|
|Neuropathologist||The main aim of neuropathologists is to help in postmortem diagnosis. It mainly deals with the postmortem of dementia and other situations affecting the nervous system. Forensic investigation is done within the lab.||INR 18.26 LPA|
|Neurophysiologist||Neurophysiologist is a neurologist who specializes in the diagnosis of the nervous system and monitors the exact issue that affects the brain and nervous system.||INR 4.5 LPA|
|Neurosurgeon||Neurosurgeon is a physician who is a specialist in surgery and diagnostics of the central and peripheral nervous system. It includes trauma, tumour, stroke, infection in the brain or spinal cord.||INR 25.81 LPA|
|Neurologist||Neurologists diagnose various brain and spinal cord related disorders , which is also known as central brain nerves system & nerves and muscles which transmits information from all body to brain known as peripheral nervous system.||INR 18.28 LPA|
|Neuroscientists||Neuroscientists research in laboratories about the Diagnosis and treatment given to patients in clinics and hospitals. Investigate about various nervous disorders and disabilities.||INR 8.66 LPA|
Future Scope In Fellowship In Neurology
- Neurology is the best course for the students who are interested in surgery, discovery. They have wide scope in this field.
- They can go for higher or other degree studies as MD, PH.D , fellowship in other courses, MBBS . They can go abroad for study. Students first need to apply to an internship after their course.
- Candidates can apply for government jobs in this field.
- Private jobs opportunities can be neuropathologist, professor or lecturer, neurosurgeon, neuroscientists, etc.
Fellowship In Neurology FAQs
Ques. What is Fellowship in Neurology ?
Ans. It stands for Bachelor of Business administration in airport management. It is a 3year undergraduate course for the 10+2 examination passed students with minimum 60% marks in any stream.
Ques. Can a neurologist perform surgery?
Ans. No, they don’t perform surgery. They surgery is performed by neurosurgeons while neurologists diagnose the issue.
Ques. What is the highest pay of neuroscientists?
Ans.: The highest pay of neuroscientists is INR 25,00,000.
Ques. Is there any age restriction?
Ans. No, you can choose it when you are in 1st year. There is no limitation for upper Age.
Ques. When will the registration process start for colleges in India?
Ans. Due to an on-going pandemic, most of the registration has been postponed. After lockdown, further information will be notified for registration processes.