AIIMS M.Sc. 2019 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern, Result
AIIMS M.Sc. Exam 2019 is a national level entrance exam conducted every year for admitting aspirants into the Post Graduate science courses offered by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi and its affiliates. It offers various courses in M.Sc. (Nursing), M.Bio-tech and other M.Sc. programs.
|AIIMS MSc Application Form||AIIMS MSc Exam Pattern||AIIMS MSc Result||AIIMS M.Sc. 2019 Admit Card|
- AIIMS 2019 M.Sc. exam is an objective type exam. The exam will consist of 90 multiple choice questions to be answered in 90 minutes. It is a computer based test i.e. mode of the exam is online.
- The registration for AIIMS 2019 M.Sc. programs has begun from March 23, 2019. The exam will be conducted in June 2, 2019.
- The results will be declared on July 9, 2019 and counselling session for the qualified aspirants will be held in August 2019.
- Students must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility norms as laid down by the organizing body.
Applicants can download the information brochure and fill up the online application form from the official website www.aiimsexams.org. The forms can be filled via the online mode only. Aspirants will be required to enter general details about themselves and their academic qualifications. The portal for registration will close in the month of April 2019.
AIIMS M.Sc. 2019 Exam Dates
The schedule proposed for the M.Sc. programs in AIIMS for the academic year 2019 – 2020 is given below. The important dates regarding admissions will be updated from time to time and will also be available on the official website of the conducting body.
|AIIMS M.Sc 2019||Important Dates|
|Registration and Online Application begins||March 23, 2019|
|Last date of Online Application||April 12, 2019|
|AIIMS M.Sc. 2019 Exam||June 2, 2019|
|AIIMS M.Sc. 2019 Exam for Nursing||June 9, 2019|
|Declaration of Results||1st week of July, 2019|
|1st Counselling||August 1, 2019|
|2nd Counselling||August 16, 2019|
|Open Counselling||2nd week of September, 2019|
AIIMS M.Sc Courses
AIIMS and its affiliated institutes offer M.Sc. programs in various fields. The courses offered are given in the table below. The seats available in each institute are also stated below.
- Perfusion Technology
- Reproductive Biology
- Clinical Embryology
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- M.Sc. (Nursing)
- Cardiological/ CTVS Nursing
- Neurosciences Nursing
- Oncological Nursing
- Paediatric Nursing
- Nephrological Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing
- M Biotechnology
Course-wise number of seats in each field
|Course||Field||Total seats||UR||SC||ST||OBC||AIIMS/ Spons|
|M.Sc. Nursing||Cardiological / CTVS Nursing||3||02||01||00||00||-------|
|Neuro Sciences Nursing||3||02||00||00||01||-------|
|Critical Care Nursing||3||01||01||00||01||-------|
|Cardiovascular Imaging and Endovascular Technologies||03||02||00||00||01||02 *|
|Reproductive Biology and Clinical Embryology||05||03||00||01||01||-------|
|Nuclear Medicine Technology||10||05||02||00||03||01 *|
|M Biotech||M Biotechnology||14||07||02||01||04||-------|
NOTE:The ‘*’ marked seats represent- 1 seat for AIIMS candidate (in-service) for M.Sc. (Nuclear Medicine Technology) and 2 sponsored seats in Cardiovascular Imaging and Endovascular Technologies in addition to the 63 seats that are sanctioned.
AIIMS M.Sc 2019 Eligibility
The eligibility criterion for AIIMS M.Sc. 2019 is as set up by the AIIMS, New Delhi. Students must ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements before applying for the exam. The various criteria are as stated below:
Eligibility Criteria for M.Sc. (Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Physiology, Pharmacology) / M Biotechnology:
All aspirants must fulfill these eligibility norms irrespective of their category. Applicants must possess any one of the following qualifications and should have secured at least 60% marks for General/OBC candidates (55% in case of SC/ST candidates) in aggregate in the qualifying examination. Any candidate with a degree other than those specified below will not be eligible.
- MBBS/BDS (55% for Gen/ OBC & 50% for SC/ST Categories)
- B. Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physio-therapy (4½ year course)
- B.Sc. degree of minimum three years duration in any subject.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Sc. Perfusion Technology
Applicants must have B.Sc. with Biology (Botany/ Zoology) or B.Sc. in Perfusion Technology from a recognized University.
Eligibility Criteria for Reproductive Biology and Clinical Embryology
Applicants must have B.Sc. degree in any of the discipline related to Biology or allied to Biology.
Eligibility Criteria for Nuclear Medicine Technology
For admission to this course, aspirants must have any of the following:
- B.Sc. degree courses in Nuclear Medicine from a recognized University.
- B.Sc. degree with Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics from a recognized University.
- B.Sc. in related subject i.e. Radio Diagnosis/ Radiotherapy from a recognized University.
- B.Sc. in Life Sciences with Physics as a subject from recognized University.
Eligibility Criteria for Cardiovascular Imaging and Endovascular Technologies
Aspirants must have a B.Sc. degree in Radiography from a recognized University.
Eligibility Criteria for M. Biotechnology
Admission requirements are same like other M.Sc. Courses along with B. Tech (Biotechnology) which is also covered under eligibility criteria for all applicants.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Sc. Nursing
The admission requirements are same like other M.Sc. Courses along with B. Tech (Biotechnology) that is covered under eligibility criteria. Hence, applicants must have-
- B.Sc. (Hons) Nursing/ B.Sc. Nursing (Post-Certificate)/ Post-Basic/ B Sc. Nursing (4 years) course from any recognized University, from an educational institution Recognized by the Indian Nursing Council, with 60% marks for General/ OBC candidates (55% marks in case of SC/ST candidates).
- Registration as Nurse, RM, RN (Registered Midwife, Registered Nurse) with any State Nursing Council.
AIIMS M.Sc. 2019 Reservation
Certain number of seats will be reserved for the SC/ ST and OBC Category. The reservation for AIIMS, New Delhi and its 6 other affiliates will be as follows:
- Reservation of seats at AIIMS, New Delhi is as follows:
- Other Backward Class: 27%
- Scheduled Caste: 15%
- Scheduled Tribe: 7.5%
- It should also be noted that for Indian citizens, 3% reservation for the physically handicapped candidates will be provided on the basis of category.
AIIMS M.Sc. 2019 Application Form
AIIMS M.Sc. 2019 Application Form consists of 6 steps. Applicants will be required to fill up general details like personal information and educational qualifications. The application forms can be filled via the online mode only on the official website www.aiimsexams.org. Application fees can be paid using Credit/ Debit card or Net Banking only. The steps involved in registration and application are given below:
Step 1: Online Registration
Fill up personal details (name, parents’ name, date of birth, gender, etc.), and contact details (mobile number, email ID). Click ‘Save & Proceed’ after filling up this page. Applicants will receive an email and SMS having your Candidate ID and Password on your registered email ID and mobile number. Login using these credentials and edit the details if you wish to.
Step 2: Qualification and Address details
Students must then fill up their educational qualification and address details.
Step 3: Make Payment
The next step is to pay the requisite fees by Credit/ Debit Card or Net banking. Application fees can be paid only via online mode.
Step 4: City Choice
Applicants must choose their center of examination. Exam center once chosen cannot be changed.
Step 5: Upload Images
Upload scanned images of your recent, passport-sized photograph, signature and left thumb impression. The supported digital image format is .gif, .png, .jpg/ .jpeg.
|Scanned Images||File Format||Size||Dimension|
|Photograph||JPEG/ GIF/ PNG/||50 to 100 KB||35mm X 45 mm|
|Signature||JPEG/ GIF/ PNG||10 to 50 KB||60mm X 30 mm|
|Left Hand Thumb Impression||JPEG/ GIF/ PNG||10 to 50 KB||40mm X 30 mm|
Step 6: Print Application Form
Print out the confirmation page generated and save it for future reference.
AIIMS M.Sc. 2019 Admit Card
- Admit cards will be available on the official website tentatively on June 5, 2019.
- Students must login to their registered accounts to avail the AIIMS M.Sc. 2019 Admit Card.
- No admit card for AIIMS M.Sc. 2019 will be dispatched by post.
- The admit card will have details about the applicant such as the roll number and the test center allotted along with the address.
- Admit card is an important document of the exam and no candidate will be granted entry without it.
AIIMS M.Sc. 2019 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the entrance test of AIIMS M.Sc. 2019 is given below. The exam will be conducted in Mumbai, Patna, Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and 7 other cities in India.
|Mode of AIIMS M.Sc. 2019||Online|
|Number of questions||90|
|Marks for Correct Answer||+1|
|Duration of exam||1 hour and 30 minutes (90 minutes)|
|Medium of language||English|
Applicants must mark the answers by using the optical response sheet. To mark an option as the answer, simply click on that option. To change the answer, select either ‘Clear Response’ or select another option. No marks will be awarded for the questions not answered or Marked for Review unless Saved. More than one response will be negatively marked.
The syllabus for the entrance exam will be based on the graduate degree knowledge of the respective fields.
AIIMS M.Sc. 2019 Results
The results for the M.Sc. programs of AIIMS 2019 will be declared in the 1st week of July, 2019. The AIIMS M.Sc. Result will be announced on the official website via a PDF file. Applicants can search for their roll numbers in this file to know their result. A merit list of candidates who qualify the exam will be uploaded soon after the declaration of results. The Minimum Cut-off score is 50th Percentile for all candidates applying for PG courses. The tie-breaking criteria will be decided on the following basis:
- Applicants securing less negative marks will be preferred
- Applicants older in age will be preferred.
AIIMS M.Sc. 2019 Counselling
Admission to all PG courses will be based on merit only. The counselling for AIIMS 2019 M.Sc. programs will begin in August 2019. It will consist of 2 rounds and one open counselling round. The schedule for counselling will be uploaded on the website. All applicants must attend counselling according to this schedule and in order of merit. The combined merit list will be announced by AIIMS soon after results are declared. The qualified candidates whose name appears in the merit list will be eligible for counselling. These short-listed candidates will also be notified via SMS and Email.
The aspirants will exercise their choice of subject according to availability of seats in order of merit. In case any aspirant is absent, the next candidate in merit will be considered. When all the seats of unreserved category are full then only reserved category counseling will be done.
The short-listed candidates must bring certain documents and certificates that will be verified by the authorities at the time of counselling.
- 10th and 12th Mark sheet and Passing Certificate
- AIIMS M.Sc. 2019 Admit Card
- Qualifying Degree Mark-sheet and Certificate
- Transfer or Leaving certificate from institute last attended
- Migration Certificate
- Caste or category certificate
- Character Certificate
- Nationality Certificate
- Proof of date of birth
- Demand Draft of requisite fees
- Passport sized photographs
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College