AP ICET Eligibility is defined by the Andhra Pradesh State Council for Higher Education (APSCHE). In addition to this, the participating colleges may also have certain norms which should be followed by students seeking admission in the institute. The basic standards stats that a candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% of marks to be eligible for AP ICET exam.
- The registration window will become functional in March 2019. Read more
- Sri Venkateswara University has scheduled the exam for May 2 (tentative) in offline mode. Check AP ICET Exam Pattern
If it is found that an individual has failed on any of the AP ICET eligibility criteria, his/ her candidature will be stand canceled. Interested candidates are advised to go through the details furnished below for appearing in AP ICET exam.
AP ICET Eligibility: Nationality
- Aspirants of Indian origin and foreign origin are eligible for the exam.
- Applicants who are citizens of India are required to satisfy the local or non-local status requirements as laid down in the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulations of Admission) Order, 1974 as amended.
- The admission of foreign candidates shall be subject to them satisfying the rules of the concerned universities where they are admitted.
AP ICET Eligibility: Age Limit
- There is no upper or lower age limit specified to be eligible for AP ICET. Aspirants should only have a graduation degree of the respective field.
AP ICET Eligibility: Academics/ Educational Qualification
- Applicants must have studied and passed a 3-year degree course in any field conducted by the universities or its equivalent degree examination in 10+2+3 pattern as recognized by the University Grants Commission.
- It should be noted that students who have passed all the subjects of a 3-year degree course in one sitting are not eligible for admission into MBA or MCA Course via this exam.
- An aspirant must secure an aggregate of 50% marks (45% in case of reserved categories) to be eligible to take admission through ICET as per the latest AICTE Approval Process Handbook 2019-20.
- They must fulfill the AP ICET eligibility criteria 2019 as laid down in relevant Government Orders in vogue at the time of admissions.
- The qualifying degree obtained through Distance Learning Program must be recognized by Joint Committee of UGC, AICTE and DEC/ DEB.
- Applicants who are appearing in final year of the qualifying exam or are awaiting the result of the same are also eligible to appear for AP ICET provided they can submit the necessary documents at the time of admission.
AP ICET Eligibility as per Program Opted
For admission to MBA course via AP ICET 2019, the eligibility norms are-
Candidates who wish to pursue an MBA course must have completed 3-years’ degree with ‘Mathematics’ as one of the subjects till class 10.
For admission to MCA course, AP ICET Eligibility Criteria is-
Applicants should have completed a 3 years’ degree course with ‘Mathematics’ as one of the subjects at intermediate or degree level.
AP ICET Minimum Qualifying Marks
- In order to qualify the exam, applicants are required to secure a minimum of 25% of the total marks in the test. That is, they should obtain 50 marks out of 200.
- Students belonging to reserved category will not have any prescribed qualifying marks and will be assigned ranks in the order of the merit, on the basis of marks obtained by them in the entrance test.
Check AP ICET Cut off
AP ICET Exam Reservations
Reservation of seats will be applicable to AP ICET 2019 according to the state reservation policies as laid by the government. The clarity on the same can be obtained from the notification that will be released during the time of counseling.
For seeking reserved seats, applicants must support their claim with necessary documents. The list of documents is also mentioned below. The following category of applicants will be given reservation, seeking admission via this exam-
Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe
- Applicants belonging to this category can avail the reserved seats provided they show a category certificate issued by the competent authority at the time of AP ICET Counselling.
- They can also show SSC transfer certificate containing the status of minority or a certificate from the Head Master.
Person with Disability
- 40% and above disability are eligible for Reservation.
- They must show a PH Certificate issued by the District Medical Board.
NCC and Sports
- Such aspirants will have to show original certificates issued by competent authorities.
Students belonging to this category can show the following certificates as applicable-
- A certificate issued by the Zilla Sainik Welfare Officer.
- Discharge book (in the case of Ex-Service men).
- Service Certificate (in the case of Service Men) issued by Competent Authority for verification.
- Applicants whose parents are domiciled in the state of Telangana based on the Permanent Address/ Home Town declared by them. While joining the service and as recorded in their Service Register are alone eligible to be considered under ‘CAP’ Category.
- Such students must show a certificate issued by the competent authority of their place of Residence.
Check AP ICET Participating Colleges with Fees
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College