BCECE Counselling 2018: After the declaration of results, the Board will release the schedule of counselling/interview online at bceceboard.bihar.gov.in. Candiates who obtain marks equal or above the qualifying marks will be eligible to participate in BCECE Counselling.
The counselling will be held in multiple rounds (2 or 3). The first round of counselling will be completed on or before June 30, 2018. Last date for admitting candidates through BCECE 2018 is July 30 and the academic session will commence from August 1.
The process of applying for BCECE counselling is completely online. While the counselling/interview and seat allotment procedure will take place at the following venue as per the schedule:
I.A.S. Association Building
Near Patna Airport, Patna - 800014, BIHAR (INDIA)
Latest B.Tech Application Forms
|Jain University Admissions open for 2018||Apply Now|
|MIT World Peace University Admissions open||Apply Now|
Keypoints for BCECE Counselling
- Candidates can check their ranks by entering the roll number and date of birth. While checking the rank, the candidate will be appeared with online option form.
- In order to participate in the counselling, it is necessary to fill the option form in the given time period. Check BCECE 2018 Seat Matrix
- They are advised to take the printout of option form, as it will be asked at the time of counselling.
- On the basis of filled option form, they will be called for the interview round.
- At the time of BCECE Counselling, candidates have to bring original documents for the purpose of verification.
- BCECE Seat Allocation and interview process will be conducted at the assigned center of BCECE Board.
- After allotting the seat, candidates can report to the allotted college before last date of admission.
BCECE 2018 Counselling Schedule
Check the following table for the tentative schedule of BCECE Counselling. According to counselling dates, candidates have to report the counselling center.
|1st round of BCECE Counselling||to be completed on or before June 30, 2018|
|2nd round of BCECE Counselling||to be completed on or before July 10, 2018|
|3rd round of BCECE Counselling||to be completed on or before July 20, 2018|
|Last date for admitting candidates in seats other than above||July 30, 2018|
|Academic Session will begin from|
August 1, 2018
- Any number of rounds for counselling could be conducted depending on local requirement but all the rounds shall be completed before July 30, 2018.
- Last date for up to which students can be admitted against vacancies arising due to any reason (no student should be admitted to any Institution after the last date under any quota) – August 15, 2018
BCECE Seat Allotment
- BCECE Board/ State Govt. reserves their right to add new institutions and seats at any time for which information will be provided at the time of counselling/interview.
- 50% Seat of agriculture course will be filled through PCM & PCB merit list & remain 50% seats will be filled through CBA, PCA, MBA & MCA streams.
- The total Seats in each participating institution are inclusive of Disable Quota Seats.
- SMQ seats are included in total seats in each institution and allotment under this quota will be made after approval from the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of Bihar.
- A few seats may also be allocated in other Engineering Institutions outside Bihar by MHRD. Detailed information in this respect will be made available at the time of counselling/ Interview.
- 5% of the total seats may be made available for economically backward students whose Parents / Guardian income is less than Rs. 4.5 Lacs per annum.
- Admission to B.Pharma course of MIT Muzaffarpur will be taken after recognisition of this course by AICTE / Pharmacy Council of India.
BCECE Counselling Procedure
Candidates need to register for BCECE counselling at the official website for providing options and preferences. They must keep in mind the following points to avoid last minute hassle-
- The registration window for BCECE counselling will become functional after the result.
- The process of choice filling and locking seats is online.
- They will be allotted seats according to their merit ranks in BCECE 2018.
- Candidates will have to pay the counselling fees through bank challan.
Step 1 – Online Registration
All of the qualified candidates have to register for counselling session. Enter the following information to register for BCECE 2018 counselling:
- BCECE 2018 Roll Number
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
The password also has to be created by the candidates. It has to be 8-13 characters and should have at least one special character, one upper case and one lower case letter. After registration, the candidates will have to enter the following details.
- Contact Address
- Mobile Number
- Security Question
Step 2 – Online Option Entry
Login to the account with BCECE 2018roll number and password. After successfully logging in, complete the following categories:
- Registration Details
- Available Choices
- Fill Choices
- Display Filled Choices
- Change Password
- Provisional Allotment Letter
All of the candidates will be required to select their preferred choices from the given list. The selection has to be done on the basis of preference. After locking the selected choices, the candidates will have to print out their choices for future reference.
Step 3 – Provisional Seat Allotment
- The candidates will be able to check their provisional seat allotment status of BCECE 2018 in online mode.
- The allotment will be done based on the selected choices of the candidates along with their individual merit and availability of seats.
- The candidates will have to download their provisional allotment letter which will consist of the details regarding the counselling venue.
- The printout of the downloaded allotment letter has to be taken out by the candidates.
Step 4 – Verification of Handwriting
- The candidates will have to undergo verification of their handwriting. During this process, the candidates will be required to give a sample of their handwriting.
- The example will be compared with the candidate’s handwriting in the OMR answer sheet of the entrance examination.
- The candidates will be qualified for final allotment if they qualify the handwriting verification process.
- The verification is conducted to ensure authenticity of the candidates who will be getting admission through BCECE 2018 counselling.
Step 5 – Final Allotment of BCECE 2018
- All of the candidates who qualify the handwriting verification procedure will have to log into their account to check their final allotment status.
- The candidates will be able to download their final allotment status which will consist of timings to report at the allotted institutes where the document verification and payment of tuition fees has to be done for confirmation of admission.
Step 6 – Document Verification
Finally, the selected candidates will have to report at their alloted institute for verification of documents. The tuition fees also has to be paid by the candidates to confirm their admission. The following original documents along with a set of photocopies has to be brought to the allotted institute for verification:
- Final BCECE 2018 Seat Allotment Letter
- BCECE 2018 Admit Card
- 6 photographs (identical/ matching to the photographs used in BCECE 2018 Admit Card).
- BCECE Counselling Call Letter
- Admit Card, Mark Sheet and Provisional Certificate of 10th standard or equivalent examination (as proof of age and identity)
- Admit Card, Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate of I.S.C or equivalent examination (only Admit Card in case of candidates appearing in the qualifying examination)
- A certificate mentioning the subjects and clearly stating that result of this examination has not been announced by the Principal of the Institution Concerned. (in case of candidates appearing in the qualifying examination)
- Caste Certificate to be obtained from Concerned C.O. countersigned by DM or SDO (Civil) of permanent residence (if applicable)
- Annual Income Certificate to be obtained from Concerned C.O. countersigned by DM or SDO (Civil) of permanent residence. (if applicable)
- Self attested latest photographs of the candidate.
- Part-A of Application Form properly filled in by the candidate along with photograph pasted on it.
- Domicile Certificate to be obtained from Concerned C.O. countersigned by DM or SDO (Civil) of permanent residence.
- Character Certificate to be obtained from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Certificate for Disabled Quota (if applicable)
- Certificate for Serviceman's Quota (SMQ) mentioning the relationship with the candidate (if applicable)
- Certificate showing that candidate's parent is an employee of UNO and is posted at present in Bihar. (if applicable)
- Certificate showing that candidate's parent is a Govt. of India or any PSU employee and is posted in Bihar. (if applicable)
- Certificate showing that candidate's parent is a Govt. of Bihar employee. (if applicable)
- Refugee Registration Certificate to be obtained from Concerned DM or ADM authorized by DM or Refugee Registration Officer.
- Certificate for candidates who have not studied from Bihar but claim to be a citizen for 10 years or more in respect of their parents from the Principal of the Institution from where they are studying for the qualifying examination indicating the Permanent Address as recorded in the Admission Register of that institute.
- Medical Certificate as specified
BCECE Seat Matrix 2018
The BCECE Seat Matrix displays the number of seats available for each category. The officials have released BCECE Seat Matrix Branch Wise for session 2018 on the basis of session 2017. Total Available Seats in Different Colleges are as follows:
In Medical Stream:
Schedule – A
|College Name||Total Seats||State Seats||UR ||SC||EBC||BC||Girls|
|Bihar College of|
Theraphy, Patna(a) B. Ph. T(b) B.Th. O
Schedule – B
|College Name||Course Name||Total Seats||UR||SC||ST||EBC||BC||RCQ|
|Public Health Institution, Patna||Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology||20||10||4||–||4||2||0|
|Public Health Institution, Patna||Bachelor of Operation Theator Technology||20||10||3||–||4||2||1|
|Public Health Institution, Patna||Bachelor of Radio Lamging Technology||20||10||3||–||4||2||1|
|Public Health Institution, Patna||Bachelor of Ophthalmic Technology||20||10||3||–||3||3||1|
|Patna Medical College, Patna||Bachelor of Medical Orthotics & Prosthetics Course||20||10||3||1||3||3||0|
Government Colleges, Branch wise Seats in Engineering and Pharmacy Stream
|College Name||Civil||Mechnical||Electrical||E & CE||CSE||B. Ph.||L.Tech||LT.||E & E.E.||Total|
|Nalanda College of Engineering, Bihar||60||60||–||–||60||–||–||–||60||240|
|P.C.of Engg. Purnea||60||60||60||60||–||–||–||–||–||240|
|S.C. of Engg. Saharsa||60||60||60||60||–||–||–||–||–||240|
|S.C. of Engg. Supaul||60||60||60||60||–||–||–||–||–||240|
BCECE 2018 Counselling for PCB
The BCECE Counselling for PCB group is carried out on the basis of NEET for the medicine course. Check out the following schedule for PCB group:
- BCECE 2018 Counselling for PCB group for admission to Medicine, Ayurvedic, Homeopathy, Pharmacy courses will commence on August 6, 2018.
- The seat allocation process will continue till August 9, 2018.
- It is to be noted that the reservation under the OBC category will be available as BC and EBC Categories for the Medical Counselling Process based on NEET 2018.
- The candidates have to download the BCECE 2018 Call Letter for attending the PCB Counselling.
The first round of BCECE 2018 Counselling for PCB candidates will be conducted according to the following schedule and rank list:
|August 6, 2018||DQ||1 – 28|
|General||1 – 200|
|August 7, 2018||General||201 – 462|
|August 8, 2018||ST||1 – 10|
|SC||1 – 154|
|EBC||1 – 270|
|August 9, 2018||BC||1 – 284|
|RCG||1 – 230|
BCECE Combined Counselling for PCB and PCM Group
The BCECE 2018 Counselling for PCM and PCB combined group will start tentatively from August 10, 2018.
- For Agriculture, Biotechnology and Horticulture courses, it is the first round of counselling whereas for Veterinary, Pharmacy, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, it is the second round of counselling.
- The candidates have to submit options online which will be accessible until 5 p.m. on August 6, 2018.
- To check the merit ranking and providing options online, enter BCECE Roll No and Date of Birth in the link provided.
BCECE 2018 PCM Counselling
- The first round of PCM counselling based on the BCECE 2018 will commence from August 3, 2018.
- The candidates have to download the BCECE 2018 PCM Call Letter from the link provided in order to attend the counselling.
Important Guidelines For BCECE 2018 Counselling
- Candidates will be called according to their rank in BCECE 2018 Merit List. They will be informed ahead about the final schedule for BCECE Counselling either via post or through internet at the official website (bceceboard.bihar.gov.in).
- Candidates will be offered to choose from number of programs/institutions available to them through Merit cum vacancy basis, according to merit list.
- Candidates are not entitled for selection during seat allotment because of any mistake made during printing and publication of result/Merit List.
- Candidates with allotted seats will be informed about the charges of registration process against seat allotted during BCECE 2018 Counselling.
- All the Examination related works, merit list preparation, counselling process etc. are administered by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board, BCECE 2018. Decision of Exam controller appointed by the board over all the exam related disputes will be final and unquestionable.
- Candidates are advised approach the institutes for any detailed information about the same beyond that mentioned in the BCECE 2018 prospectus.
- Any additional information or modification/ correction in the process of BCECE 2018 prospectus will be informed to candidates accordingly.
- Candidates will be informed about any updates in connection with BCECE 2018 through Newspapers, by post or through the internet. Candidates are advised not to mail letters frequently.
- Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Exam Board holds right to add, change or omit norms and regulations in regard to BCECE 2018.
- Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board does not hold any responsibility about informing the candidates about their cancelled candidature.
- Candidates are to attend the BCECE 2018 Counselling and all other processes in connection with BCECE 2018 at their own expense on or before the scheduled dates.
- Candidates with inadequate BCECE Eligibility Criteria will be removed from the process any time when found.
Important Guidelines For BCECE 2018 Allotment
- Allotment to available vacant seats will conclude according to the reservation norms issued by Bihar Govt. up to the completion of application process.
- Candidates need to certainly register against allotted seat after verification of all the mandatory documents with their valid photo ID & proper medical examination certificate before the last date.
- Seats once allotted to candidates in BCECE 2018 Counselling through merit-cum-vacancy basis in previous round, according to merit list whose registration against allotment is missed/skipped by the candidate will not be available to them as a choice in the next round.
- College Leaving Certificate is to be produced during registration against allotted seats.
- Candidates should clearly indicate the subject group for which they are applying namely PCM, PCB and PCMB. The candidates must also indicate the subject groups for which they are to take BCECE 2018.
- Candidates must be present in person during verification process to validate their allotment.
- Candidates who due to any reason should not be allowed to appear for BCECE Exam is by mistake permitted. Such candidates, will lose claim to the counselling process/allotment even if he is included in the BCECE 2018 Merit List. If any controversy emerges, allotment will remain suspended till final decision.
- No vacant seats will be allotted in any branch/programme/course/institute once the counselling and allotment procedure is over.
- Score cards will be dispatched to the candidates after BCECE 2018 Counselling & allotment, who complete all the proper process for it.
- All the disputes in connection with BCECE 2018 are subject to Patna Jurisdiction.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College