BCECE 2019 (Scrapped) : Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Syllabus
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE) governed by Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board for admission in various B.Tech courses offered by the participating institutes in Bihar. Total 30 institutions participate in the exam i.e 17 for B.Tech (PCM Stream) & 13 for PCB & Agriculture stream.
- BCECE Result will be announced online in June. However, the rank card will be available in August, after the declaration of result.
- BCECE Rank Card has to be brought at the time of document verification.
- Tentatively in the month of July, BCECE Board will hold the counselling process for qualified candidates.
BCECE 2019 Scrapped
The Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination is scrapped and replaced by JEE Main and NEET for Engineering and Medical admissions in Bihar respectively. There are no separate entrance exams for Bihar state admissions. Instead of BCECE, students should attend JEE Main 2019 or NEET 2019 All India Entrance Examinations. Based on the JEE Main 2019 and NEET 2019 exam results, students will be selected for the Bihar Medical and Engineering colleges and universities course admissions.
After JEE Main 2019 and NEET 2019 exam results, the counseling process for seat allotments will be conducted by the BCECEB. Students who are appearing for other national level entrance examinations should fill the BCECE application form to register for the counseling process and seat allotments.
- Students who would like to get admissions in UG Medical Colleges and Universities of Bihar should get their names in the NEET 2019 Merit list
- Students who would like to get admissions in Engineering Colleges and Universities of Bihar should get their names in the JEE Main 2019 Merit list
JEE Main exam will be conducted twice a year. Engineering students need not to worry about the entrance exam and admissions. But NEET 2019 application process is closed now. Medical students have to wait for next year NEET applications. There is no year loss for engineering students. A year will be a loss for the medical students. Note: Students who are applied for NEET 2019 in December 2018 need not to worry. Students who a applied have to wait for next year NEET 2020 examinations.
|BCECE 2019 Admit Card||BCECE Eligibility Criteria||BCECE 2019 Syllabus|
BCECE Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination (BCECE)|
|Conducting Body||BCECE Board|
|Exam Type||State level|
Changes Introduced in BCECE 2018
- Earlier the exam used to be conducted in 2 stages- Stage 1 and Stage 2, in offline mode where Stage 1 exam acts as a qualifying examination for Stage 2.
- BCECE Board has also introduced changes in its reservation policy. Read More.
- From 2018, no need to send the print copies of Part A & B of BCECE Application Form to Councilor’s Office.
BCECE 2019 Exam Dates
|Availability of BCECE 2019 application form||March 7, 2019||Check BCECE Notification in Hindi|
|Last date for filling online application form||April 2, 2019||Apply Here|
|Updates about BCECE Form Correction||April 8, 2019||Check complete details about BCECE Form Correction|
|Availability of Admit card||April 14, 2019||Download it here|
|BCECE 2019 Exam for PCMB Group||April 29, 2019||Check Exam Pattern|
|BCECE 2019 Exam for Agriculture Group||April 30, 2019||Check Syllabus|
Check BCECE 2019 Exam Dates
BCECE 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the exam, candidates must go through BCECE Eligibility Criteria listed below.
- Only Indian nationals can apply for BCECE 2019.
- Candidates whose parents are registered refugees in the state of Bihar.
- The candidate should have a domicile of Bihar.
- Parents of the candidate must be the permanent residents of Bihar state.
- Candidates whose parents are the employee in Public Sector Undertaking of Govt. of India.
- Candidates whose parents are working in the state of Bihar but living outside Bihar are also eligible to apply for BCECE 2019.
- There is no age limit for admission to Engineering and Pharmacy courses.
- For admission to Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Public Health Para-Medical courses, the minimum age limit is 17 years. The Date of Bith of the candidate should not be later than December 31, 2001.
- For admission to Bihar Agriculture University, Sabor (Bhagalpur), the minimum age of the candidate must be 16 years on August 31, 2019 while the maximum age limit is not defined.
A few of the total seats are reserved as per the norms of Govt. of India for admission through BCECE. The reservation of seats (in percentage) are elucidated in the following table:
- Earlier 3% of the seats were reserved for candidates belonging to PWD category.
- Now, the board has increased the reservation percentage from 3 to 4%. ?
|Category||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||01%|
|Extremely Backward Class (EBC)||18%|
|Backward Class (BC)||12%|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||03%|
|Disabled Quota||04% of the total seats|
|Service Men’s Quota||Will be notified during Counselling/Interview|
BCECE Reservation for Other State Candidates
Courses Offered Through BCECE 2019
|Subject Combination||Course Offered|
|PCM||Engineering & Dairy Technology|
|PCB||Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Veterinary, Lab Technician, OT Assistant, X-Ray Technician, Ophthalmic Assistant, Orthotics and Prosthetics|
|CBA/PCA/MBA/MCA||Agriculture and Gardening|
P: Physics | C: Chemistry | M: Mathematics | B: Biology | A: Agriculture
BCECE Online Application Form
The online application form for BCECE is available from March 7, 2019 at bceceboard.bihar.gov.in. Online Application Form once submitted cannot be withdrawn. Only single application form has to be submitted for applying for different courses.
- Begin the online registration process by filling in the details after which candidates will be provided with the Registration Number and Password.
- Login with BCECE registration Number and Password to pay the registration fee.
- Provide the personal information and academic details.
- Download the BCECE application form (Part A and B) and take its printout.
- Keep the print copies safe for counselling and admission purpose.
- The last date to complete BCECE Application Form is April 02 (11:59 pm).
- The application fee can be paid by challan latest by April 5.
- While the fee payment via Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card after submission of the Online Application can be done by April 07, 2019.
Paste your postcard size photograph on the following sheet and it must be handed over to the invigilator at the examination centre on the day of the exam.
BCECE Admit Card 2019
- BCECE Admit card is available for download from April 14, 2019 at the official website of BCECE Board.
- To download BCECE Admit Card, enter Application Number and Password.
- In case of any discrepancy found in BCECE Admit Card, contact the authority (at least 5 days prior the examination | from 11 am to 5 pm):
How to verify details in admit card?
Download the admit card using BCECE Registration Number and Date of Birth.
Check all the details carefully mentioned in admit card.
In case of discrepancy, contact the authorities immediately.
Take at least 2 printouts of the admit card and keep it safe for future correspondence.
BCECE Exam Centers 2019
BCECE 2019 will be conducted in 38 cities across Bihar, Jharkhand and other cities of Bihar. The BCECE Exam Center has to be chosen at the time of registration.
BCECE 2019 Exam Pattern
- Stages: BCECE 2019 will be a single stage examination only.
- Mode of Exam: Offline
- Type of Questions: Questions in BCECE will of Multiple Choice Questions.
- Medium of Exam: The question paper will be set in both English and Hindi language.
- Total Papers: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and Agriculture.
- Duration: The duration of exam is 90 minutes (each paper).
- Number of Questions: 100 questions in each paper.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each right option.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted as penalty for marking the wrong answer.
The candidates will appear for BCECE examination according to the following subject groups:
- PCM: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- PCB: Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- PCMB: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology
- CBA: Chemistry, Biology and Agriculture
Check Detailed BCECE Exam Pattern
How to fill OMR Sheet?
During the examination, candidates will be provided with a Question paper and an answer OMR sheet. Fill the details like your Registration no, Question paper code, Question paper set and other such details. In case, the information provided contains error, the computer will not be able to recognize the answer sheet.
- An OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) sheet is a Computer readable sheet and compiles the information automatically on scan.
- Go through the instruction provided on the back side of the OMR sheet before darkening the bubbles.
- Based on answers recorded, the board evaluates papers and awards marks to students.
BCECE Section-wise Syllabus
|Physics||Physics and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Properties of Solids and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory of Gases|
|Chemistry||Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry, States of Matter, Solid State, Liquid State: Properties of liquids, Gaseous State, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Covalent Bonding, Molecular Orbital, Chemical Thermodynamics, First law of thermodynamics, Solutions, Equilibrium, Equilibrium involving chemical processes, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry|
|Mathematics||Sets, Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Mathematical Induction, Sequences and Series, Permutations and Combinations, Limits, Continuity and Differentiability,, Applications of Binomial Theorem, Integral Calculus, Differential Equation, Vector Algebra, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Three Dimensional Geometry, Probability, Statistics, and Mathematical Reasoning.|
|Biology||Diversity in Living World, Structural Organisation in Animal and Plants, Cell: Structure & Function, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Sexual Reproduction, Genetics & Evolution, Biology & Human Welfare, Biotechnology and its Applications, Ecology & Environment|
|Agriculture||Introductory Agriculture and Agro meteorology, Soil as a medium of plant growth, Plant breeding and genetics, Agricultural Engineering, Crop protection, Animal Husbandry, Dairy and Fish Production, Extension education, Presevation of fruits and vegetables, Flowers, medicinal and aromatic plants, Vegetable production, Fruit Production, Basic Horticulture.|
Download here BCECE Syllabus
BCECE Question Papers
- BCECE 2019 Sample Papers should be incorporated by all the aspirants in their preparation plan.
- Previous year question papers and model test can help them to identify the pattern of questions and important topics that carry maximum weightage.
- Also, it would develop speed and accuracy that is the key to students’ performance on the exam day.
BCECE Answer Key
The answer keys will be released shortly after the exam. A few coaching institutes release their answer keys. The official answer keys will be released by the Board in the month of May 2019. Check the following steps to calculate the provisional scores using BCECE answer key:
- Download the answer key from the link provided on the website
- Verify the answers with the options marked in the exam
- Calculate the total marks using the official marking scheme
- Estimate the rank and possible chances for admission.
BCECE 2019 Result
BCECE Result will be published online at bceceboard.bihar.gov.in in pdf format on or before June 5, 2019. Candidates can check their BCECE Result by searching their BCECE roll number. The result is published merit wise of different groups in the pdf file.
- Go to official website of BCECE
- Click on BCECE Result
- Download the PDF displaying the merit list
- Now match the roll numbers and find the result.
Download HereBCECE Rank Card
BCECE 2019 Merit list
Merit list for BCECE 2019 is prepared on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the examination. Also, the preparation of merit list is subjective to the availability of seats for different courses of Engineering/Technology, Pharmacy and Agriculture. Therefore, the merit list is prepared on the Merit-cum-seat availability basis.
Tie Break for Preparation of Merit List
BCECE 2019 Cutoff
There are several factors that affect BCECE Cut off. Some of the common factors are listed below:
- The total number of candidates appearing in particular subject group of BCECE 2019.
- Total seats available for admission under a particular subject stream.
- Reserved categories in BCECE 2019.
- Level of difficulty of the exam
BCECE Minimum Qualifying Criteria
BCECE Board releases the minimum qualifying marks at the time of announcement of result. As the Board has already announced the new exam pattern for BCECE 2019, so the criteria for obtaining minimum qualifying marks will vary as per the last years’.
Untill 2017, the exam used to be held in 2 stages and thus the minimum qualifying criteria was different. The new criteria will be updated as soon as the officials release it.
The qualifying marks for Stage 1 and Stage 2 (2017) are represented by the following graph:
BCECE (2017) Stage 1 Qualifying Marks
|Category||Qualifying Percentage||Qualifying Marks|
|General Category (PH)||45%||270/600|
|Reserved Category(OBC, SC, ST)||40%||240/600|
|Reserved Category (PH)||40%||240/600|
BCECE (2017) Stage 2 Qualifying Marks
|Categories||Qualifying Percentage||Qualifying Marks|
BCECE 2019 Counselling
BCECE counselling will be conducted separately for Engineering/Technology, Pharmacy and Agriculture courses by BCECE Board. Qualified candidates can download counselling letter from BCECE official website. They need to report to the counselling centre with counselling letter and other required documents, failing which will result in the candidate being not considered for the counselling process.
Seats will be allotted purely on the basis of Merit-cum-vacancy basis. BCECE Counselling will take place in multiple phases. Therefore candidates are suggested to keep applying for various options and keep themselves updated with information regarding the counselling.
|1st round of BCECE Counselling||to be completed on or before June 30, 2019|
|2nd round of BCECE Counselling||to be completed on or before July 10, 2019|
|3rd round of BCECE Counselling||to be completed on or before July 20, 2019|
|Last date for admitting candidates in seats other than above||July 30, 2019|
|Academic Session will begin from||August 1, 2019|
- Any number of rounds for counselling could be conducted depending on local requirement but all the rounds shall be completed before July 30, 2019.
- Last date for up to which students can be admitted against vacancies arising due to any reason (no student should be admitted to any Institution after the last date under any quota) – August 15, 2019.
Qualified candidates of BCECE, will be eligible to undergo the process of BCECE counselling for allotment of seats to various govt., semi-govt., and privately funded institutions for courses like Engineering/ Technology, Pharmacy and Medical. Candidates need to register for counselling on the official website at the link available. Following points must be kept in mind regarding BCECE Counselling-
- Candidates are required to register for counselling after the result of BCECE.
- The process of counselling will be online and candidates will have to fill their choices and lock their seats before the last date.
- Candidates will have to pay the counselling fees through bank challan.
Registration for counselling is mandatory and only registered & qualified candidates will be called for BCECE Counselling. Following steps are to be taken as reference for registration for BCECE.
- Go to official website of BCECE Board
- Click on the link- “Apply for counselling”
- Candidates will be asked to fill a form with contact information-
Candidates can fill their choices and lock their seats online through the official website of BCECE. After successful login using BCECE Roll number and Password created in the previous step, candidates will find the following options-
|Registration details||Contain information regarding the logged in candidate|
|Available Choices||Seats available to the candidate.|
|Fill Choices||Candidate can fill choices (seats) in this field.|
|Display Filled Choices||Displays all the filled Choices by the candidate.|
|Change Password||Helps to reset/change password.|
|Provisional Allotment Letter||Avails provisional allotment letter to the candidate.|
Provisional Seat Allotment
- The candidates can download the provisional seat allotment letter after completing the choice filling process.
- They can check the status of their seat allotment.
- Take the printout of their provisional seat allotment letter.
- They must possess the same at specified BCECE Counselling Centre for Handwriting verification whenever necessary.
- It is must to carry the provisional seat allotment letter with them during all process of counselling to ensure their admission and allotment of the desired seat.
Candidates’ handwriting is matched and verified with the text written in their OMR sheets. This is a uniform process which involves the collection of a handwriting specimen of the candidate. It is further compared with texts in their OMR sheets.
Handwriting Verification is done to ensure the authenticity of the candidate and their allotment.
Candidates successfully clearing the handwriting verification, can login again at the official website to ensure their allotment. Candidates will find a new link “FINAL SEAT ALLOTMENT”.
Candidates can download their Final seat allotment that will be required at the time of counselling. The candidates must report to the specified venue as mentioned in the Provisional Allotment Letter for document verification and fee payment.
Candidates who have successfully downloaded their final allotment letter, have to verify their documents and pay the admission fees to the allotted colleges. Candidates unable to produce any of the required documents will have their candidature cancelled. The admission process will continue further at the BCECE Counselling Centre.
- Final BCECE Seat Allotment Letter
- Class 10th Mark Sheet, Hall Ticket and Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet, Hall ticket and Passing Certificate
- BCECE Admit Card
- Copy of 6 Photographs used in Online Application Form BCECE
- Counselling letter for BCECE
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate (as specified)
BCECE 2019 Seat Matrix
The following table displays the total number of seats in participating engineering colleges. The officials have released the BCECE Seat Matrix Branch Wise for session 2019 on the basis of session 2018.
|College Name||Civil||Mechanical||Electrical||E & CE||CSE||B. Ph.||L.Tech||LT.||E & E.E.||Total|
|Nalanda College of Engineering, Bihar||60||60||–||–||60||–||–||–||60||240|
|P.C.of Engg. Purnea||60||60||60||60||–||–||–||–||–||240|
|S.C. of Engg. Saharsa||60||60||60||60||–||–||–||–||–||240|
|S.C. of Engg. Supaul||60||60||60||60||–||–||–||–||–||240|
BCECE 2019 FAQs
Ques. What is the BCECE exam about?
Ans. BCECE stands for Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examinations Board, which is an entrance exam for the aspirants seeking admissions to engineering and agricultural courses at institutes located in Bihar.
Ques. Will BCECE 2019 also be a channel for getting admissions to MBBS course in the medical colleges of Bihar?
Ans. No, for that you will need to clear the NEET UG exam.
Ques. Will BCECE 2019 be a channel for getting admissions to B.Arch. course in the architecture colleges of Bihar?
Ques. What is the educational eligibility required for the BCECE 2019 registration?
Ans. You will have to pass class 12th with the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects with minimum 45% marks (40% for reserved category candidates). Students appearing in class 12th in 2018 may also register.
Ques. Are there other eligibility requirements for the BCECE 2019 registration other than the qualification?
Ans. Yes, to register for BCECE 2019, you would need to be:
- An Indian citizen.
- A resident of Bihar.
- Of at least 17 years of age as on December 31 of the year of admission.
Ques. I belong to the SC category and have secured 41% marks in class 12th with the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. Will I be able to register for BCECE 2019?
Ans. Yes. You are eligible.
Ques. I belong to the ST category and have secured 65% marks in class 12th with the Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. Will I be able to register for BCECE 2019 for the B.Tech course?
Ans. No, you should have Mathematics subject in class 12th for registering for the B.Tech. course.
Ques. What is the BCECE 2019 registration fee for the general category candidates?
Ans. The application fee is INR 1000 for PCB or PCM while for PCMB, the application fee is INR 1100.
Ques. What is the BCECE 2019 registration fee for the SC and ST category candidates?
Ans. The application fee is INR 500 for PCB or PCM while for PCMB, the application fee is INR 550.
Ques. From where shall I be able to download the BCECE 2019 admit card?
Ans. You will be able to download the BCECE 2019 admit card from April 15, 2019 onwards at its official website.
Ques. What are the official dates for the BCECE 2019 exam?
Ans. BCECE 2019 exam will be conducted on April 29, 2019. For admission to Agriculture course, the exam will take place on April 30, 2019.
Ques. What is the last date to complete BCECE 2019 registration?
Ans. The last date to complete BCECE Registration is March 28, 2019, 11.59 PM.
Ques. What will be the dates for making corrections in the submitted BCECE 2019 application form?
Ans. BCECE Application Form can be corrected online from April 3 to 5, 2019 (up to 11:59 pm).
Ques. When will be the counselling of BCECE 2019 held?
Ans. The counselling will begin in the month of June after the declaration of BCECE result. Any number of rounds for counselling could be conducted depending on local requirement but all the rounds shall be completed before July 30, 2019.
- 1st round of BCECE Counselling – to be completed on or before June 30, 2019
- 2nd round of BCECE Counselling – to be completed on or before July 10, 2019
- 3rd round of BCECE Counselling – to be completed on or before July 20, 2019
- Last date for admitting candidates in seats other than above – July 30, 2019
Ques. What will be the mode of application for BCECE 2019?
Ans. The mode of application for BCECE 2019 is online.
Ques. At what level BCECE 2019 exam is conducted?
Ans. BCECE is a state level entrance exam. The exam consists of objective type questions based on Class XI and XII Science Syllabus.
Ques. How many questions will be there in BCECE 2019 exam?
Ans. Each paper of BCECE carries 100 questions.
Ques. How much time will be provided to attempt the BCECE 2019 exam?
Ans. The duration of each paper of BCECE is 90 minutes.
Ques. When will be the result of the BCECE 2019 exam declared?
Ans. The result will be declared on or before June 5, 2019.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College