Table of Contents
BCECE 2020 Result (Out), Rank Card, Merit List, Counselling, Seat Allotment, Cutoff
BCECEB has released BCECE 2020 Result on October 30, 2020. Students can check their result online on the official website @bceceboard.bihar.gov.in. Along with the result, the authorities have also released BCECE 2020 Rank Card which can be downloaded from the official website. Download BCECE 2020 Rank Card
BCECE 2020 Counselling Merit List for Round 1 will be declared on October 31, 2020. The counselling registrations began on October 26, 2020. Through the merit list, qualifying candidates will be provided admission to BTech courses at top engineering colleges in Bihar. Check BCECE 2020 Counselling
BCECE 2020 was conducted on October 10 and 11, 2020, for Agricultural and Horticulture courses in offline mode. Previously, Authorities announced that all state engineering colleges will grant admissions on the basis of JEE Main scores. All BCECE aspirants can apply until the last date of JEE Main registration. BCECEB officer on special duty Anil Kumar Siha clarified that 38 government engineering colleges and 1 private college in Vaishali offering 10,000 seats in total will grant admission via JEE Mains.
Earlier with a notice issued by the authorities, BCECE entrance examination had been scrapped by for admission in engineering and medical courses. JEE Main and NEET qualified candidates will be able to directly participate in the counselling process.
The state level examination offers admissions to students in undergraduate & postgraduate programs in Pharmacy, Agriculture and Health Science offered by universities of the state.
BCECE 2020 Exam Dates
|Availability of Admit card||October 1, 2020|
|BCECE 2020 Exam Date||October 10, 2020 & October 11, 2020|
|BCECE 2020 Result||October 30, 2020|
|BCECE 2020 Rank Card||October 30, 2020|
Check BCECE 2020 Exam Dates
BCECE 2020 Exam Schedule
|Physics||9:00 am to 10:30 am|
|Chemistry||11:00 am to 12:30 pm|
|Mathematics||2:00 pm to 3:30 pm|
|Biology||4:00 pm to 5.30 pm|
|Agricultural Science||11:00 am to 12:30 pm (next day)|
Download BCECE Practice Papers 2020
BCECE 2020 Admit Card
Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board has postponed the release of admit card. Candidates who have registered for the examination are advised to follow below mentioned steps to download their hall tickets. (sample of display screen has been provided below)
- Visit the official website of BCECE i.e. bceceboard.bihar.gov.in
- Login by entering your application number, date of birth, security pin.
- Once your id gets verified, you will be able to view your admit card. Check all particulars in the admit card. In case of any discrepency, visit the helpline numbers.
- Download and keep a copy of your admit card for future references.
BCECE 2020- Courses Offered
|Subject Combination||Course Offered|
|PCM*||Engineering & Dairy Technology|
|PCB*||Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Veterinary, Lab Technician, OT Assistant, X-Ray Technician, Ophthalmic Assistant, Orthotics and Prosthetics|
|CBA/PCA/MBA/MCA*||Agriculture and Gardening|
*P: Physics | C: Chemistry | M: Mathematics | B: Biology | A: Agriculture
BCECE 2020 Exam Pattern
It is necessary for the candidates to be familiar with BCECE exam pattern before begining with their preparation. The entire BCECE is divided into 5 subjects, of 100 objective questions each. Each section will be of 90 minutes, carrying maximum marks of 400.
Following is the distribution of marks through out subjects:
|Physics||400||1 ½ hours|
|Chemistry||400||1 ½ hours|
|Mathematics||400||1 ½ hours|
|Biology||400||1 ½ hours|
|Agriculture||400||1 ½ hours|
How to fill OMR Sheet?
During the examination, candidates will be provided with a Question paper and an OMR sheet. Fill the details like your Registration no, Question paper code, Question paper set and other such details. In case, the information provided contains error, the computer will not be able to recognize the answer sheet.
- An OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) sheet is a Computer readable sheet and compiles the information automatically on scan.
- Go through the instruction provided on the back side of the OMR sheet before darkening the bubbles.
- Based on answers recorded, the board evaluates papers and awards marks to students.
BCECE 2020 Syllabus
|Physics||Physics and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Properties of Solids and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Kinetic Theory of Gases|
|Chemistry||Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry, States of Matter, Solid State, Liquid State: Properties of liquids, Gaseous State, Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Covalent Bonding, Molecular Orbital, Chemical Thermodynamics, First law of thermodynamics, Solutions, Equilibrium, Equilibrium involving chemical processes, Redox Reactions and Electrochemistry|
|Mathematics||Sets, Relations and Functions, Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Mathematical Induction, Sequences and Series, Permutations and Combinations, Limits, Continuity and Differentiability,, Applications of Binomial Theorem, Integral Calculus, Differential Equation, Vector Algebra, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Three Dimensional Geometry, Probability, Statistics, and Mathematical Reasoning.|
|Biology||Diversity in Living World, Structural Organisation in Animal and Plants, Cell: Structure & Function, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Sexual Reproduction, Genetics & Evolution, Biology & Human Welfare, Biotechnology and its Applications, Ecology & Environment|
|Agriculture||Introductory Agriculture and Agro meteorology, Soil as a medium of plant growth, Plant breeding and genetics, Agricultural Engineering, Crop protection, Animal Husbandry, Dairy and Fish Production, Extension education, Presevation of fruits and vegetables, Flowers, medicinal and aromatic plants, Vegetable production, Fruit Production, Basic Horticulture.|
BCECE 2020 Exam Centers
BCECE 2020 will be conducted in 38 cities across Bihar and Jharkhand. The BCECE Exam Center has to be chosen at the time of registration.
BCECE Question Papers
BCECE Sample Papers should be incorporated by all the aspirants in their preparation plan. Previous year question papers and model test can help them to identify the pattern of questions and important topics that carry maximum weightage. Also, it would develop speed and accuracy that is the key to students’ performance on the exam day.
BCECE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the exam, candidates must go through BCECE Eligibility Criteria listed below.
- Only Indian nationals can apply for BCECE 2020.
- Candidates should have a domicile of Bihar.
- Parents of the candidate must be the permanent residents of Bihar state.
- Candidates whose parents are the employee in Public Sector Undertaking of Govt. of India.
- Candidates whose parents are working in the state of Bihar but living outside Bihar are also eligible to apply for BCECE 2020.
- B.Sc Nursing- Candidates must have completed 10+2 with Physics, Biology as subjects with minimum 45% aggregate marks.
- Medical Courses- Candidates must have completed 10+2 with English, Physics, Chmistry and Biology as compulsory subjects.
- Pharmacy Courses- Candidates must have qualified 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry as compulsory subjects and in option candidates must have either maths or biology.
- Agriculture Courses- Check the image below.
BCECE 2020 Application Form
Online Application Form for BCECE has been available from February 20 at bceceboard.bihar.gov.in. Only single application form has to be submitted for applying for different courses.
- Begin the online registration process by filling in the details after which candidates will be provided their unique Registration Number and Password.
- Login with BCECE Registration Number and Password to upload your passport size photograph and signature and pay the registration fee.
- There are two parts of the application form, complete both Part A and Part B.
- Download the BCECE Application Form (Part A and B) and take its printout.
- Keep the print copies safe for counselling and admission purpose
BCECE Application Fee
|PCM/ PCB||General, Backward Class (BC), and Other Backward Class (OBC)||660|
|For one subject group that is PCM or PCB||Scheduled Tribe (ST), Scheduled Caste (SC)||330|
|For both groups PCMB||General, BC and OBC||730|
|SC and ST||365|
BCECE 2020- Reservation Criteria
A few of the total seats are reserved as per the norms of Govt. of India for admission through BCECE. The reservation of seats (in percentage) are elucidated in the following table:
|Category||Percentage of Seats Reserved|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||16.25%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||01.25%|
|Extremely Backward Class (EBC)||18.25%|
|Backward Class (BC)||12.25%|
|Reserved Category Girls (RCG)||03.25%|
|Economically Weaker Section||10.25%|
BCECE 2020 Answer Key
The answer keys will be released shortly after the exam. A few coaching institutes release their answer keys. The official answer keys will be released by the Board in the month of June 2020. Check the following steps to calculate the provisional scores using BCECE answer key:
- Download the answer key from the link provided on the website
- Verify the answers with the options marked in the exam
- Calculate the total marks using the official marking scheme
- Estimate the rank and possible chances for admission.
BCECE 2020 Result
BCECE Result will be published online at bceceboard.bihar.gov.in in pdf format in the month of June, 2020. Candidates can check their BCECE Result by searching their BCECE roll number in the PDF. The result is published merit wise of different groups in the pdf file.
- Go to official website of BCECE
- Click on BCECE Result
- Download the PDF displaying the merit list
- Now match the roll numbers and find the result.
Download HereBCECE Rank Card
BCECE 2020 Merit list
Merit list for BCECE 2020 is prepared on the basis of the performance of the candidates in the examination. Also, the preparation of merit list is subjective to the availability of seats for different courses of Health Science, Pharmacy and Agriculture. Therefore, the merit list is prepared on the Merit-cum-seat availability basis.
Tie Break for Preparation of Merit List
BCECE 2020 Cutoff
There are several factors that affect BCECE Cut off. Some of the common factors are listed below:
- The total number of candidates appearing in particular subject group of BCECE 2020.
- Total seats available for admission under a particular subject stream.
- Reserved categories in BCECE 2020.
- Level of difficulty of the exam
BCECE Minimum Qualifying Criteria
BCECE Board releases the minimum qualifying marks at the time of announcement of result. As the Board has already announced the new exam pattern for BCECE 2020, so the criteria for obtaining minimum qualifying marks will vary as well.
BCECE Qualifying Marks
|General Category (PH)||45%|
|Reserved Category(OBC, SC, ST)||40%|
|Reserved Category (PH)||40%|
BCECE 2020 Counselling
BCECEB will conduct BCECE counselling separately for Pharmacy and Agriculture courses. It is also the conducting body of state counselling for Medical and Engineering seats on the basis of NEET and JEE Main scores respectively. Qualified candidates can download counselling letter from BCECE official website. They need to report to the counselling centre with counselling letter and other required documents, failing which will result in the candidate being not considered for the counselling process.
Seats will be allotted purely on the basis of Merit-cum-vacancy basis. BCECE Counselling will take place in multiple phases. Therefore candidates are suggested to keep applying for various options and keep themselves updated with information regarding the counselling.
|1st round of BCECE Counselling||to be completed on or before July 10, 2020|
|2nd round of BCECE Counselling||to be completed on or before July 17, 2020|
|3rd round of BCECE Counselling||to be completed on or before July 23, 2020|
|Last date for admitting candidates in seats other than above||July 30, 2020|
|Academic Session will begin from||August 1, 2020|
- Any number of rounds for counselling could be conducted depending on local requirement but all the rounds shall be completed before July 30, 2020.
- Last date for up to which students can be admitted against vacant seats arising due to any reason (no student should be admitted to any Institution after the last date under any quota) – August 15, 2020.
BCECE Counselling Procedure
Qualified candidates of BCECE, will be eligible to undergo the process of BCECE counselling for allotment of seats to various govt., semi-govt., and privately funded institutions for courses like Pharmacy, Health Science and Agricultural programs. Candidates need to register for counselling on the official website at the link available. Following points must be kept in mind regarding BCECE Counselling-
- Candidates are required to register for counselling after the result of BCECE.
- The process of counselling will be online and candidates will have to fill their choices and lock their seats before the last date.
- Candidates will have to pay the counselling fees through bank challan.
Step 1- Registration
Registration for counselling is mandatory and only registered & qualified candidates will be called for BCECE Counselling. Following steps are to be taken as reference for registration for BCECE.
- Go to official website of BCECE Board
- Click on the link- “Apply for counselling”
- Candidates will be asked to fill a form with contact information-
Step 2- Choice Filling
Candidates can fill their choices and lock seats online through the official website of BCECE. After successful login using BCECE Roll Number and Password created in the previous step, candidates will find the following options-
|Registration details||Contain information regarding the logged in candidate|
|Available Choices||Seats available to the candidate.|
|Fill Choices||Candidate can fill choices (seats) in this field.|
|Display Filled Choices||Displays all the filled Choices by the candidate.|
|Change Password||Helps to reset/change password.|
|Provisional Allotment Letter||Avails provisional allotment letter to the candidate.|
Step 3- Provisional Seat Allotment
- The candidates can download the provisional seat allotment letter after completing the choice filling process.
- They can check the status of their seat allotment.
- Take the printout of their provisional seat allotment letter.
- They must possess the same at specified BCECE Counselling Centre for Handwriting verification whenever necessary.
- It is must to carry the provisional seat allotment letter with them during all process of counselling to ensure their admission and allotment of the desired seat.
Step 4- Handwriting Verification
Candidates’ handwriting is matched and verified with the text written in their OMR sheets. This is a uniform process which involves the collection of a handwriting specimen of the candidate. It is further compared with texts in their OMR sheets.
Handwriting Verification is done to ensure the authenticity of the candidate and their allotment.
Step 5- Seat Allotment
Candidates successfully clearing the handwriting verification, can login again at the official website to ensure their allotment. Candidates will find a new link “FINAL SEAT ALLOTMENT”.
Candidates can download their Final seat allotment that will be required at the time of counselling. The candidates must report to the specified venue as mentioned in the Provisional Allotment Letter for document verification and fee payment.
Step 6- Documents Verification
Candidates who have successfully downloaded their final allotment letter, have to verify their documents and pay the admission fees to the allotted colleges. Candidates unable to produce any of the required documents will have their candidature cancelled. The admission process will continue further at the BCECE Counselling Centre.
BCECE Counselling- Documents Required
- Final BCECE Seat Allotment Letter
- Class 10th Mark Sheet, Hall Ticket and Passing Certificate
- Class 12th Mark Sheet, Hall ticket and Passing Certificate
- BCECE Admit Card
- Copy of 6 Photographs used in Online Application Form BCECE
- Counselling letter for BCECE
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate (as specified)
BCECE 2020 Participating Colleges
The following table displays the total number of seats in participating colleges. The officials have released the BCECE Seat Matrix Branch Wise for session 2020. Engineering and Medical seats will be filled through JEE Main and NEET respectively. Students in Pharmacy, Health Science and Agricultural Programs will be admitted through BCECE 2020.
|College Name||Civil||Mechanical||Electrical||E & CE||CSE||B. Ph.||L.Tech||LT.||E & E.E.||Total|
|Nalanda College of Engineering, Bihar||60||60||–||–||60||–||–||–||60||240|
|P.C.of Engg. Purnea||60||60||60||60||–||–||–||–||–||240|
|S.C. of Engg. Saharsa||60||60||60||60||–||–||–||–||–||240|
|S.C. of Engg. Supaul||60||60||60||60||–||–||–||–||–||240|
BCECE 2020 FAQs
Ques. What is the BCECE exam about?
Ans. BCECE stands for Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examinations Board, which is an entrance exam for the aspirants seeking admissions to engineering and agricultural courses at institutes located in Bihar.
Ques. Will BCECE 2020 also be a channel for getting admissions to MBBS course in the medical colleges of Bihar?
Ans. No, for that you will need to clear the NEET UG exam.
Ques. Will BCECE 2020 be a channel for getting admissions to B.Arch. course in the architecture colleges of Bihar?
Ans. Yes. To get admission in B,Arch courses offered by the universities of the state, one needs to appear for BCECE.
Ques. What is the educational eligibility required for the BCECE 2020 registration?
Ans. You will have to pass class 12th with the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects with minimum 45% marks (40% for reserved category candidates). Students appearing in class 12th in 2020 may also register.
Ques. Are there other eligibility requirements for the BCECE 2020 registration other than the qualification?
Ans. Yes, to register for BCECE 2020, you would need to be:
- An Indian citizen.
- A resident of Bihar.
- Of at least 17 years of age as on December 31 of the year of admission.
Ques. I belong to the SC category and have secured 41% marks in class 12th with the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. Will I be able to register for BCECE 2020?
Ans. Yes. You are eligible.
Ques. I belong to the ST category and have secured 65% marks in class 12th with the Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects. Will I be able to register for BCECE 2020 for the B.Tech course?
Ans. No, you should have Mathematics subject in class 12th for registering for the B.Tech. course.
Ques. What is the BCECE 2020 registration fee for the general category candidates?
Ans. The application fee is INR 1000 for PCB or PCM while for PCMB, the application fee is INR 1100.
Ques. What is the BCECE 2020 registration fee for the SC and ST category candidates?
Ans. The application fee is INR 500 for PCB or PCM while for PCMB, the application fee is INR 550.
Ques. From where shall I be able to download the BCECE 2020 admit card?
Ans. You will be able to download the BCECE 2020 admit card from March 31, 2020 onwards at its official website.
Ques. What are the official dates for the BCECE 2020 exam?
Ans. BCECE 2020 exam dates have been postponed due to outbreak of COVID-19.
Ques. When will be the counselling of BCECE 2020 held?
Ans. The counselling will begin in the month of June after the declaration of BCECE result. Any number of rounds for counselling could be conducted depending on local requirement but all the rounds shall be completed before July 30, 2020.
Ques. What will be the mode of application for BCECE 2020?
Ans. The mode of application for BCECE 2020 is online.
Ques. At what level BCECE 2020 exam is conducted?
Ans. BCECE is a state level entrance exam. The exam consists of objective type questions based on Class XI and XII Science Syllabus.
Ques. How many questions will be there in BCECE 2020 exam?
Ans. Each paper of BCECE carries 100 questions.
Ques. How much time will be provided to attempt the BCECE 2020 exam?
Ans. The duration of each paper of BCECE is 90 minutes.
Ques. When will be the result of the BCECE 2020 exam declared?
Ans. The result will be declared in July, 2020.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College