BHU UET 2019 Application Form (Available), Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern
Banaras Hindu University conducts Undergraduate Entrance Test (UET) every year for admission to various undergraduate courses in Arts, Commerce and Science disciplines. It is a national level entrance test. This year, BHU UET 2019 is scheduled from May 12 to 16, 2019 in offline mode.
Latest: Interested and eligible candidates can fill the application form till March 9. Apply Now
- Candidates must pass 10+2 with minimum 35% marks from the recognized board/university to appear for the exam.
- Pen - Paper Mode test will be conducted in 45 cities across the country, the CBT would be conducted in 115 cities. CheckBHU UET Exam Center
- There will be separate test papers provided for each course. However, there are certain courses where identical test papers are given for one or more programs.
- The questions are of MCQ type which comes with a separate answer sheet and question paper. Check BHU UET Exam Pattern
- Each question contains three marks and is subjected to a negative marking of 1 mark.
- The admissions in the University is granted on the basis of merit secured by the candidate in BHU UET.
BHU UET Highlights
|Conducting Body||Banaras Hindu University|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Duration of Exam||Maximum 2 hours|
|Type and Number of Questions||MCQ|
|Sections||Depends on the courses|
|Courses Offered||B.A.(H), B.Com. (H), B.A. LL.B. (Hons), LL.B., B.P.Ed., B.P.A., B.F.A. B.Voc., B.Ed.|
|Number of Seats||8000 (approx)|
BHU UET 2019 Exam Dates
Candidates who want to pursue the entrance must be aware of the following dates summed up in the table below:
|Online access of Application Form filling||February 10, 2019|
|Closing date of access of Application Form||March 9, 2019|
|Release of BHU UET 2019 Admit Card||Last week of March 2019|
|BHU UET 2019 exam||May 12 – 16, 2019|
|Physical Fitness Test for B.P.Ed.||June 6 to 8, 2019|
|Practical examination for BPA||May 24 to 25, 2019|
|Practical examination for BFA||June 10, 2019|
|Release of answer keys||After few days of completion of the exam|
|BHU UET 2019 result declaration||First week of June, 2019|
BHU UET 2019 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for appearing for BHU UET 2019 entrance are as follows:
- Candidates who are appearing in the Last Year of the Qualifying Test can apply for the Test. In such cases, those candidates need to produce their original mark sheet of the qualifying exam at the counseling for seeking admission.
- Candidates who got admission as regular students to Part I / I-Semester in any of the courses of this University through Entrance Test in the previous years are not allowed to re-appear in the Entrance Test of the same Course with the same subject-combination unless exclusively granted by the Ordinance of the concerned Faculty.
- In case an applicant has successfully completed the qualifying Exam where only grades are given, he/she should present a ‘Certificate of conversion’ from the concerned Institution mentioning the method of the conversion of grade point average to percentage of marks
- “Aggregate percentage of marks” will comprise grace marks given to an aspirant. The percentage of marks in the total will be calculated as mentioned in the final marksheet of the qualifying examination.
- In such cases of Graduate examination the total marks will be calculated on the basis of of 1800 marks.
- Degrees or Certificates recognized from any Indian Universities shall only be considered as equivalent degrees or certificates.
- The Distance Education Council of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)or other Open Indian Universities (AIU) candidates may be conditionally permitted to appear for the Entrance on producing of approval of the courses.
- The Application Forms of those applicants who has submitted fake certificates or taken up fake means are liable of rejection.
- Candidates can apply for courses for which he/she thinks are eligible.
BHU UET 2019 Application Form
The Application Form are available on Entrance exam Portal along with the name of the www.bhuonline.in. The link can also be found on the BHU website. The entire procedure of the application is online. Before visiting the above mentioned link it is mandatory for all candidates to possessing the following stuffs:
- A valid Email Id
- A registered Mobile Number
- A scanned photograph of 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm resolution but not more than 100 KB.
- A scanned signature of 5 cm x 1.5 cm resolution but not more than 100 KB.
- Aadhar Card (optional)
- Debit Card/Credit Card (optional)
The following steps should be followed for Application Form Filling procedure:
- Registration of candidate on the above mentioned link.
- Selection of the course according to the choice of candidate.
- Entering the personal details
- Preview of all the details before submission of the application form
- Payment of fees subsequently with the submission of BHU UET application form
Candidates will have to pay the following Application Processing Fees as per their category:
|Name of the Courses||Application Fee|
|All courses except Shastri Hons.||INR 250||INR 500|
|Shastri Hons.||INR 100||INR 200|
However, in case candidate applies for more than one course then the Application Fee to be paid by him/her for each following application will in accordance to the reduced rates in the table below:
|Name of the Courses||Application Fee|
|All courses||INR 100||INR 200|
*PC: Physically Challenged
The application fee can be paid either through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking or through cash in challan from any designated branch of HDFC Bank.
BHU UET 2019 Admit Card
BHU UET 2019 Admit Card will be available on the ‘BHU Entrance Test Portal’ www.bhuonline.in approximately one week prior to the date of commencement of the test. Candidates will be able to download the admit card with the registration ID allotted to them at the time of application form filling. The notifications regarding release of admit card will be sent to via E-mail or SMS alert to candidates. Thus, the candidates are recommended to provide valid e-mail Id and phone number for communication
If any discrepancy occurs regarding the download of Admit Card, candidate must contact the university authority at least three days prior to the exam
The Office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU, Varanasi
Help Desk Phone No. 08574587668
Help desk email id.: As provided on Entrance Test Portal.
After receiving the admit card, candidates should go through the details on the Admit Card.
BHU UET 2019 Exam Centers
BHU UET exam condudcted in bothe online and offline mode. While filling up the online application form the applicants shall have to opt either the Pen-Paper Mode or the CBT mode. Option once exercised shall be final; no change under any circumstances shall be permitted.
BHU UET Offline exam will be conducted in 45 cities across the country. Following table show the exam center List:
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|RGSC Barkachha, Mirzapur|
BHU UET Online exam will be conducted in 115 cities across the country. Following table show the exam center List:
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu||Warangal|
|Jharkhand||Bokaro Steel City||Karim Nagar|
BHU UET 2019 Exam Pattern
The entrance will be an offline pen and paper based test. All the questions will be of MCQ type. The questions pattern will be same for all the courses but the number of questions and allotment of time will vary. However, the maximum time limit set for the entrance is 2 hours. All the courses will contain 450 marks except B.Sc and Shastri (Hons). Besides the total number of questions for all section will be 150.
The details of the exam pattern of all the courses are as follows:
|Courses||Time Duration||Maximum Marks||Number of Questions|
|B. A. (Hons.) Arts||2 hours||450||150|
|B.A. (Hons.) Social Sciences||2 hours||450||150|
|Common Test for B. Com. (Hons.)/B. Com. (Hons.)-Financial Markets Management||2 and a half hours||450||150|
|B. Sc. (Hons.): (Bio group)||2 and a half hours||450||150|
|Shastri (Hons.)||One and a half hours||300||100|
|Common Test for B. Sc. (Ag.)/B. Sc. (Ag.)-RGSC||2 hours||300||200|
|LL. B. (Hons.) (06 Semesters-3 Years)||2 hours||450||150|
|B.A. LL. B. (Hons.) (10 Semester-5 Years)||2 hours||450||150|
|B. P. Ed. (Bachelor of of Physical Education) [04 Semester- 2 Year]||One and a half hours||100||300|
Each question has four alternate options and is allotted 3 marks. Un-attempted question will be awarded zero mark and wrong answers are awarded 1 mark each.
|Mode of examination||Offline|
|Number of Questions||Mentioned in the table above|
|Maximum Marks||Mentioned in the table above|
|Duration in Exam||Mentioned in the table above|
CheckBHU UET Exam Pattern
BHU UET 2019 Syllabus
There is no such prescribed syllabus for BHU UET 2019. The topic also varies from program to program. Aspirants should follow the below books for preparation of the entrance.
|BHU B.Sc Math Group Entrance Exam||Arihant Publication||978-9311121437|
|B.Sc Agriculture Entrance Exam||Arihant Publication||978-9311123011|
BHU UET 2019 Result
BHU authority will be tentatively declared BHU UET results around the first or second week of June 2017. The result can be accessed from the official web portal www.bhuonline.in. Furthermore, marks scored by the applicants in the entrance will be evaluated on the basis of the
- Overall merit
- Merit of the category to which an aspirant belongs.
The University has the complete authority to set the minimum qualifying marks for different courses and different categories. The Merit list will be prepared on the sum of two: marks obtained in theory and practical tests (optional). The result is considered equivalent to that of the merit list.
BHU UET 2019 Cut off
The Cut off will be determine as soon as BHU UET 2019 result is declared. The cut off will be evaluated on the following factors: Minimum qualifying marks and closing rank of the candidates. The admission will be done on the basis of the cut off marks.
BHU UET 2019 Counselling
The University will implement computerized counseling process for admissions to all the courses for the educational session 2019-19. The counseling process will include the following steps:
STEP 1: Online Preference Entry:
Every candidate will be called for counseling for admission. They are required to fill up an online ‘Preference Entry Form’ which will be available online.
Give your order of liking cautiously. None of the sections of the online preference form should be left blank. If any section is found blank, it will be assumed that candidate has a lack of ineterest in that option. Candidates will be provided another opportunity of editing the entries thereafter. Admission to Paid Seats will be completed after the regular fee seats are full.
STEP 2: Activity on the Counselling day
- Reach the counseling venue at the given time and date mentioned in the Call letter.
- Contact the Counseling Centre or Venue In-charge and mark your attendance by signing on the attendance sheet.
- Discuss with the teachers available there about the available Honours or Course Combinations, locations and fee structures, availability of hostels etc. In case you want to modify your preference you can do so in the step 2. The university will allot seats strictly in order of merit in the entrance test.
- In case the admission is done on provisional basis, collect the Provisional Admission Letter from the Counseling Centre/ Venue Incharge at 10:00 am on the next Counseling day. The Admission letter will include the course.
Mode of remittance of Admission Fee: After the receipt of the provisional admission letter from the Counseling Centre the following options can be opted for payment of Admission Fee: Online payment through credit card/ debit card or Payment of Fee in cash at the Fee Counters
STEP 3: Activity on next Counseling date
- Candidates must produce the proof of payment of admission fee to the Counseling In-charge within 04:00 pm (in case the payment is made offline). Failure to produce the proof of payment on the deadline, it will be taken into account that he/she is not interested in the admission.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College