BIT MCA 2021 is expected to be conducted in the month of June. It will be an online test. The eligible candidates can only apply for admission to the 3-year program MCA course at BIT Mesra for the numerous campuses such as Jaipur, Lalpur, and Noida.
BITS MCA 2021 Application Forms are expected to be available from the 2nd week of March. The forms will be released online. After submitting the application via online mode, candidates will be required to send the printed application along with the required documents. Candidates from General and OBC will be required to pay INR 3300, whereas candidates from SC/ST categories will be required to pay INR 1500 for the application fee.
Table Of Contents
- BIT MCA 2021 Exam Dates
- BIT MCA 2021 Application Form
- BIT MCA 2021 Reservation
- BIT MCA 2021 Eligibility
- BIT MCA 2021 Admit card
- BIT MCA 2021 Exam Pattern
- BIT MCA 2021 Faqs
BIT MCA 2021 eligibility requires a candidate to be 10+2+3 qualified. To clear BIT MCA 2021 eligibility criteria candidates will be required to obtain the minimum score marks of 55% for general and 50% marks for reserved category. He/ she should have cleared the Intermediate examination with Mathematics and Science. Final year students can also apply.
BIT MCA 2021 Admit Card will be released on the official website in the last week of May 2021. The admit card will be released online and candidates will be able to download it by logging into their registered accounts. It will be issued only for the applicants who have successfully complete the application and registration process. In case if aspirants are unable to download the admit card, they can contact BIT Mesra's admissions office by phone or fax.
BIT MCA entrance examination will be conducted for three hours, consisting of 150 multiple-choice questions divided into four sections. As per BIT MCA 2021 exam pattern, each question will be MCQ based. Applicants who qualify for BIT MCA 2021 will be offered admissions on the basis of merit at each of the three campuses – BITS Pilani, BITS Goa, and BITS Hyderabad.
A very interesting feature of the exam is that if the candidates complete the given set of 150 questions without skipping any questions, they are allowed to answer 12 additional questions to score more in the exam.
The Syllabus of BITS MCA 2021 provided subject-wise distribution of marks into both the subjects that are analyzed i.e. Physics, Mathematics, English proficiency, Logical Reasoning, and Chemistry. It is advisable for the candidates to be well versed with the BITS MCA Syllabus. Thus aspirants can refer to the BITS MCA Practice Paper provided by Collegedunia for better preparation
The candidate will receive 4 marks for each correct answer. One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer. If a question has not been answered, no credit will be given.
BIT MCA 2021 Results are expected to be declared in the last week of June 2021. Candidates will be shortlisted for admission on the basis of marks secured by them in the BIT MCA 2021 exam. Students will be able to download their results from the official website. No separate result notification will be sent to the candidates.
Candidates successfully passing the entrance exam will be eligible for BIT MCA 2021 Counselling Process. Candidates with good scores/ranks will be called for counselling based on the marks obtained by them in the entrance test. Candidates can choose their preferred specialization based on the cut-off score, program-specific eligibility criteria, and availability of seats.
The candidates must go through the complete article to know more about BIT MCA 2021 Important Dates, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Result, Counselling, etc.
BIT MCA 2021 Highlights
BIT Mesra, Ranchi
Frequency of Conduct
Once a year
State Level Exam
Mode of Application
Application Fee (General)
INR 3300 [Online]
Mode of Exam
Mode of Counselling
BIT MCA 2021 Exam Date
Online application starts
Last date to apply online
Admit card availability
BITS Exam Date
BIT MCA 2021 Application Form
The sections mentioned below contain information regarding BIT MCA 2021 Application form.
Steps of BIT MCA 2021 online application process
Below is the list of some general and specific instructions that a candidate followed to complete the BIT MCA 2021 registration process:
Below is the list of important documents required at the time of form filling of BIT MCA 2021:
- Candidates needed their one recent passport size colored photograph to be filled in the entrance exam form
- Candidate needed the payment receipt of the application form
- All the copies of the class 10th and 12th mark sheet and pass certificate
- The candidate required a valid Photo ID Proof such as (voter id card/ passport/ driving license etc) of a candidate will be required at the time of filling the application form
- If the candidate belonged to SC/ST category then a caste certificate will be required
- Candidate needed all the mark sheets of Graduation level and pass certificates or the equivalent qualification certificates
- For the candidates who had done their graduation through correspondence or distance learning programs are required to send photocopies of a Pass certificate and mark sheets
Note: Candidates are required to complete BIT MCA 2021 application registration process through online mode only
BIT MCA 2021 Application Fee
The registration fee for the BIT MCA application form is categorized as below. For General and OBC candidates the application fee will be INR 2500 and for SC/ST candidates the fee will be INR 1500. The structure is given below
BIT MCA 2021 Mode of Payment
- Payment mode: Candidate could choose the mode of payment according to the convenience between Debit Card/ Credit Card and Net Banking.
- Credit card payment: The candidates will be required to fill in the card number and Pin number while paying via credit card.
- Debit Card Payment: Fill in card number and CVV while paying via debit card.
- Net banking: Fill in the account number and One Time Password while doing payment via Net banking and Click on ‘Pay Now’.
Note: After submitting the application via online mode, candidates are required to send the printed application along with required documents to the address mentioned below:
BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2021 Selection Procedure
The provisional selection will be made on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in MCA 2021 Online Entrance Test conducted by the Institute. Candidates called for the verification of documents will be offered admission subject to fulfillment of the eligibility conditions. The waitlisted candidates will be called for verification of documents and admission against the vacant seats. The same will be intimated on the Institute website only as web notifications. No separate intimation will be sent to candidates.
Cancellation of Admission Offer: The admission of a candidate will be automatically canceled:
- If any information provided in the application form will be found incorrect or missing.
- Who failed to submit the final degree/qualifying examination in time as stipulated or fail to secure minimum eligible marks in the degree/qualifying examination.
Documents required at the time of reporting for Admission
Candidates carried the originals of the following documents at the time of reporting for admission cum verification of documents, as well as one set of self-attested photocopies:
- A print-out of the duly completed online form (original copy)
- One recent colour photograph – [same as uploaded on the form]
- Payment receipt towards application fee of INR.2,500/- (General/ OBC) and INR.1,500/- (SC/ST) candidates (non-refundable)
- Pass certificate of Class 10 (as proof of age)
- Marksheet of Class 10
- Marksheet of Class 12 / Intermediate or equivalent
- Marksheets of Graduation for graduates OR Marksheets up to a pre-final year for candidates graduating in 2021. He /She must also bring a certificate from the Principal of Institute stating that:
They should also carry a photocopy of their duly completed online form.
If provisionally selected, candidates will be required to submit all the above documents in original (except the Photo ID) at the time of admission, along with the requisite fees.
Provisionally selected candidates appearing for final examinations in 2021 will require to submit an undertaking at the time of admission on Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of INR. 20/- to the effect that if they fail to obtain the requisite marks in their qualifying examination (graduation) their admission will be liable to be canceled. The deadline for submission of the mark sheet/degree certificate is October 31, 2021, failing which the provisional admission will be canceled.
BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2021 List of Shortlisted Candidates
BIT Mesra has released two rounds of counselling for the shortlisted candidates. Later on, one more special list will be released against the vacant seats on the official website. Candidates who have filled the application form could check their names on the list. Those candidates who got their names on the merit list had to appear for the interview round which will be held as per schedule.
BIT MCA 2021 Interview Schedule
1.Interviews with the shortlisted applicants will be conducted online through video conferencing (Google Meet) as set out in the schedule below. Consequently, all applicants are advised to download the Google Meet App in advance and to be available for interviews on the basis of the timing provided against their names. The intimation will be also be sent via e-mail the day before the interview.
2.You may join the interview from your Computer, Tablet, or Smartphone
by using the link which will be shared with you by email at any time during the time slot given. All applicants are advised to keep the following supporting documents (original or photocopies) ready with them during the interview process.
- Marksheet of Class 10
- Marksheet of Class 12
- Marksheet(s) of Graduation / Marksheet(s) of Graduation up to a pre-final year (for applicants who are appearing in 2021).
3.If an applicant is unable to enter during the interview slot, he/she can contact by email at email@example.com with proper explanation, within a few hours of his / her missed time slot. In that scenario, they will be interviewed at the end of the day.
4.Applicants will be allowed to appear for the Interview only after online verification of their
documents. In case if any information/document provided by the applicant is found
incorrect/inaccurate/false, his/her application will be ipso facto null and void and punishable
under the relevant provisions of the Indian Penal Code. The candidature of such applicants is
liable to be canceled at any stage during the admission process and all fees paid by the applicant will be forfeited.
5.All shortlisted applicants will be called upon to appear on a solely provisional basis for the 'interview' procedure, subject to their eligibility will be confirmed at the time of 'document review' prior to the start of classes. It will not be viewed as a basis for being eligible for admission to the interview process by means of video conferencing.
6.Physical verification of documents will be conducted at a later stage. The exact dates for the same will be notified in due course.
7.The provisional selection list, along with the requisite instructions, has been informed on the Institute's website as soon as the interview process is completed.
8.Fees payable: If selected, the applicant will be required to pay the first installment of fee towards admission, i.e. INR 1,36,000.00 for admission at BIT Off Campuses at Jaipur and Noida, through payment gateway (applicant may pay the admission fee through debit/credit card and net banking of any nationalized bank).
9.Refund rule: Institute refund policy will be applicable in case of applicants join the program and
withdraw at a later stage.
10.Provisional Selection: Provisional selection will be offered based on the performance of applicants in the interviews (30% weightage) and academic record (marks obtained by the applicants in Class 10, Class 12, and Graduation - 70% weightage).
BIT Mesra MCA Seat Intake
The number of seats offered in 2021 for the MCA program at various Campuses is as given below :
Seats to be offered
BIT Mesra MCA Admission 2021 Reservations
Currently, the Institute follows reservations as given below for its MCA program.
- For all programs at the Institute which are supported by any of the respective State Governments, the reservation criteria for the state quota is as per the norms of the respective State Government.
- For all other programs, the reservation criteria for SC & ST is as per the statutory norms of Central Govt. (SC -15% & ST – 7.5%)
- The Institute observes statutory reservation for Persons with Disability (5%).
- Up to 1 seat at all Campuses is reserved for candidates who are Sons or Daughters of Kashmiri Migrant who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- Up to 6% of the seats at its Off Campuses are reserved for candidates who are sons and daughters of serving employees of BIT, who otherwise have qualified for admissions.
- At all Campuses, 50% of the total seats are reserved for candidates who passed/is appearing for qualifying examination (graduation) from the state in which Campus is located. (The “State of Eligibility” of a candidate for the purpose is determined on the basis of the location of his/her College where (s)/he passed/is appearing for the qualifying examination/graduation).
Note: In case sufficient numbers of suitable candidates from any group are not available, the Institute reserves the right to fill the seats from the other group.
How to fill the BIT MCA 2021 application form?
- Candidates are advised to download the BIT MCA Information Brochure 2021 (pdf) and read it carefully before applying for the entrance test
- Relevant fields are required to fill in capital letters or numbers or tick (✓✓✓✓) the checkbox/radio button as required.
- All items and fields in the application form are mandatory and must be filled in.
- Candidates are advised to provide all information provided is correct and accurate.
- Before the final submission, ensuring that all fields are correctly filled.
- After filling the complete form, “Lock and Submit Application” button will be prompted.
- Once you clicked the “Lock and Submit Application” button, the Form will be set to read-only.
- After submission of the application form, you would prompt the “Print Application Form”.
- Candidates are advised to take a printout of the application form, as that would be required during the counseling/admission procedure.
Note: Admission on false information and certificate would be ipso facto null and void and also punishable under the various provision of the Indian Penal Code.
For candidates who seek admission under any reservation category:
- Candidates under SC, ST, BC-I or BC-II categories must obtain caste certificates
- It should be signed by the appropriate authority of rank not less than SDO
- Certification should be in a proper format
- Candidate must attach or upload a copy of the certificate
- Candidates with special categories such as Persons with Disability or Kashmiri Migrant needs to attach/upload a copy of the certificate in a proper format
- The certification must be from the appropriate authority
- Candidates must bring an original copy of the same during counseling/admission if called for.
BIT MCA 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates appearing for the exam need to fulfill BIT MCA 2021 eligibility criteria as mentioned by the exam conducting authorities. Below is the detailed criteria to apply for the exam:
- Candidate must have passed the 12th standard or equivalent examination in Computer Science / Mathematics / Information Practices as one of the subjects with recognized board.
Aspirants must have one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- B.Sc. in Computer Science / Information Technology / Electronics, or
- B.Sc. with Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at the graduate level.
- Minimum Marks: The candidate has to obtain the minimum score marks of 55% for general and 50% marks for reserved category.
- Subjects: Candidates should pass the Intermediate examination with Mathematics and Science.
- Appearing Candidates: Final year students can also apply.
- Applicants with the above-mentioned qualifications should have secured a minimum of 55% (50% for SC/ST/PwD) marks an average in graduation.
- Applicants with BSc Honours must have a minimum of 55% (50% for SC/ST/PwD) marks an average in their Honours subject.
- Students appearing for their final exams of their Bachelor’s program can also apply.
Note: However, such students should have obtained required or equivalent marks (as per item 4 or 5 above) on the basis of the most recent grades/marks available at the time of application and, if selected, may enter the program on a provisional basis.
Applicants with qualifications obtained through correspondence or distance learning programs are qualified only if (a) the programs are accepted by the DEC-IGNOU, (b) they have passed the qualifying test at the time of application, with an average of at least 55 % marks (50 % for SC / ST / PwD) calculated as per item (4 or 5) above. They must enclose photocopies of pass certificate, mark sheets of qualifying examination, and proof of the program recognized by the DEC-IGNOU in the letterhead of the Institute/College /University. with their application.
- Applicants with foreign diplomas should check the Equivalence website of EdCIL (http:/www.edcil.co.in) and, if appropriate, receive an equivalence certificate from the Evaluation Division of the AIU (website http:/www.aiuweb.org).
- In case any Board / University awards grades instead of marks, the calculation of equal points will be based on the process set by the Board / University. In the situation when the University does not have a scheme to translate CGPA into equivalent points, the equivalence will be determined by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resulting CGPA by 100.
- At any level of the studies [class X, class XII or graduation], a candidate/applicant must have passed all the required subjects at that level from the same Board/ University.
- The admit card can not be transferred to any other person. An impersonation is a criminal act under the constitution. No applicant will be permitted to appear for the test without a valid admit card. The admission card must also be created at the time of admission. All applicants are also expected to hold the admission card until the admission process is completed.
BIT MCA 2021 Admit Card
BIT MCA admit card 2021 will be sent via email or post to all the candidates who have completed their application forms. All the applications with the correct documents and information will be eligible to receive the admit card.
Candidates will be provided with certain details on the admit card such as Test Center, Date, and Time Slot for BIT MCA 2021. Birla Institute of Technology Test allowed the test center and the exam slot as per candidates’ preferences. However, the Institute has the right to change and allocate different test centers and slots if the need arises.
Candidates could also download the BIT MCA Admit Cards 2021 from the official website of Birla Institute of Technology website. Look at the steps below:
Step 1 - Visit the official website of BIT Mesra
Step 2 - Click on “MCA Admissions 2021” and go to the downloading option
Step 3 - Click on “Download Admit Card” for BIT MCA 2021
Step 4 - Click on “Submit” button and finish
What to do after downloading the BIT MCA admit card 2021?
All the candidates are advised to check for the following details on their BIT MCA admit card as soon as they receive it:
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s address
- Candidate’s Roll number
- Time slot for the examination
- Test center where the exam will be conducted
Below is the list of documents a candidate required to carry to the exam hall:
- Address proof in original
- Photocopy of the address proof
- Admit card in original as well as a photocopy
- 2 recent passport size colored photograph
Details printed on BIT MCA Admit Card 2021
BIT MCA admit card had all relevant details that matched with the valid photo ID proof of the candidate appearing for the exam. If they do not match, the candidate will not be given permission to appear for the entrance test. Below are the details a candidate must check and know:
- Name of the Candidate
- Application number of the candidate
- BIT MCA roll number
- Date of birth
- Course name
- Date and time of exam
- Medium (Language) of the examination
- Venue of the exam with the complete details
- Instructions regarding the exam
Colleges Accepting BIT MCA Score
Candidates seeking admission through BIT MCA will be eligible to take admission in a 3-year (6-semester) full-time MCA program offered at Birla Institute of Technology (BITS) and its campuses in - Mesra, Jaipur, Lalpur, and Noida can appear for the test.
Aspirants will be required to give two choices for the first and second preference of test centers from the above-given test centers. If the number of aspirants opting for a particular test center is less than a certain minimum, the institute reserves the right to shift aspirants to the nearest alternative test center.
BIT MCA 2021 Exam Centers
Given below are the exam centers where the candidates can could mention their preference in the application form. Birla Institute of Technology tried their best to allocate candidates their preferred choice of exam center however they cannot guarantee the same.
BIT MCA 2021 Exam Center Guidelines
- Applicants must report to the exam center before 45 minutes.
- They must carry a copy of their BIT MCA 2021 admit card with them.
- Always read the exam day instructions thoroughly and follow them.
- Before solving the paper, the candidate must through the BIT MCA exam paper.
- In case of a difficult question, they must move to the next one and come back to the difficult ones after the easy ones are answered
BIT MCA 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates would be judged on the basis of the analytical, logical, mathematical, Verbal, and Computer awareness ability of candidates. The paper comprised of 120 objective type questions divided into 4 sections.
|Section||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|B||Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning||20||80|
It will be an online, computer-based test (CBT) for 2 hours. Time slots offered for the exam are - 9 to 11 am, 12 to 2 pm, and 3 to 5 pm. Four marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Number of Sections||4|
|Total time||2 hours|
|Number of questions in each section||60 in Section A and 20 in Sections B, C and D.|
|Marks for each question||4|
|Total marks for each section||240 for Section A and 80 for Sections B, C and D.|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
BIT MCA 2021 Syllabus
Candidates can follow the list below for a better understanding of the syllabus of the 4 sections in the paper:
Section A: Mathematics (60 questions – objective type)
Table tabulated below shows the mathematics topics in the Section A.
|Algebra||Set Theory||Matrix Algebra|
|Co-ordinate Geometry||Calculus||Differential Equations|
Probability and Statistics
Section B: Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning: (20 questions – objective type)
Topics covered in Analytical ability and logical reasoning section
|Logical reasoning||Quantitative reasoning||Visio-spatial reasoning|
Section C: Computer Awareness: (20 questions – objective type)
The following are the topics in Computer Awareness section
|Computer Basics||Data Representation||Binary Arithmetic|
|Computer Architecture||Computer Language||Flowchart and Algorithms|
Section D: English: (20 questions – objective type)
The table given below shows the topics covered in section D
|Use of articles and prepositions||Idioms and phrases||Synonyms|
|Reading comprehension||expansion of an idea||Sentence sequence|
|Completion of a sentence||Choice of an appropriate word to fill in the blanks||Abridging sentences/ paragraphs|
Books For A Better Preparation
|Name of Book||Author||ISBN|
|A complete study package MCA Entrances of all Indian universities||Amit M Agarwal||9350942062|
|BIT Online MCA Entrance Test 2012 10 Mock Tests for Admission to 3-Years' MCA of Birla Institute of Technology||Amit M Agarwal||8183484905|
BIT MCA 2021 Result
BIT MCA 2021 Result after the exam is conducted. It can be checked on the website- bitmesra.ac.in, notice board of the institute, and concerned off campuses. Shortlisted candidates will be called for document verification and admission process.
The number of rounds will be decided on the basis of seats available. Admission will be solely on the basis of the score of BIT MCA merit list.
BIT MCA 2021 Merit List
The merit list is prepared on the basis of the cut off of BIT MCA 2021. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the following:
- Total number of candidates appearing on the exam
- Marks obtained by each candidate
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Previous years’ cut-off
Candidates who clear the basic cut-off and have their names shortlisted in the merit list will be called for the interview. Those who appear for the counseling will get admission depending on the availability of the seats in the Institute of their preference. The waitlisted candidate will be called if there are seats left vacant.
BIT MCA 2021 Counselling
BIT MCA 2021 Counselling will commence once the result is declared the merit list is prepared. Details of the same can be checked on the website, www.bitmesra.ac.in. Candidates will be given a provisional seat which will be made permanent only after the successful verification of all documents. Candidates will have to report to the counseling center depending upon the result obtained by them and their location. The centers are Noida, Mesra, Jaipur, and Lalpur.
Documents Required at the Time of Counselling
- Original mark sheet for the class 10th exam
- Original mark sheet for the class 12th exam
- Mark Sheets of all semesters from their bachelor's degree
- Transfer certificate from the college from which they have completed the bachelor's degree.
- Certificate from the principal in case candidate is in the last semester stating that the student will complete the degree by June 30, 2021. In case there is a backlog in any subject, then the application will be rejected if it is not cleared before the commencement of the session.
- Candidates having a diploma from any foreign institute needs to provide the certificate from EdCIL stating the conversion of the marks and the certificate of completion of the graduation program.
- In case any candidate has done the degree from a university/ deemed college where the marks are given in grades, then it has to be converted into equivalent percent marks as required by BITS. In case the University has no standard for it then it will be done on All India basis criteria or as BITS calculation system works.
- Any photo identity proof (passport, driving license, voter’s identity card etc.)
BIT MCA 2021 FAQS
Ques: Can final year Bachelor’s program student and waiting for the result apply for BIT MCA 2021?
Ans. Yes, you can apply.
Ques. What preparation strategy to be followed to get a good rank in the BIT MCA 2021 Exam?
Ans. Below are some of the steps to prepare for the BIT MCA 2021 exam.
- Gather all the related information related to syllabus, exam pattern, and guidelines
- Collect all the data such as question papers of the previous year’s exam, syllabus, etc.
- Revision is the key to get good marks
Ques. What is the mode of BIT MCA 2021 entrance test?
Ans. BIT MCA 2021 will be an online computer-based test. Candidates seeking admissions in a 3-year (6-semester) full-time MCA program offered at Birla Institute of Technology (BITS) and its campuses in - Mesra, Jaipur, Lalpur, and Noida can appear for the test.
Ques. Is BIT Mesra - Birla Institute of Technology good for MCA?
Ans. Candidate can consider pursuing MCA at BIT Mesra or any of its off campuses. BIT MCA syllabus is also good enough. And the BITs Institute offers scholarships to deserving students as well.
Ques. From where will I come to know about the BIT MCA important dates?
Ans. Aspirants have to visit the BIT MCA official website to check the important dates of the BIT MCA entrance examination.
Ques. From where can I know the timings or the schedule of the important events like application, downloading admit card, exam, result etc.?
Ans. The exam timing of the exam events will be informed by the BIT MCA authorities on the official website.
Ques. When do the BIT MCA authorities release the question papers?
Ans. Although the exact date of BIT MCA question paper release is not announced officially, the authorities release the question paper after the admission process of a particular session is over.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.