BIT MCA 2018
Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra conducts an annual entrance exam BIT MCA, for admission to its 3 years MCA (Masters of Computer Applications) program. BIT MCA was held on June 3, 2018 and the result for the same has been declared on June 15, 2018.
- Before filling the application form for the exam, a candidate must assure that he fulfills the BIT MCA eligibility criteria.
- Before filling the application form for Birla Institute of Technology, a candidate must assure that he fulfills the eligibility criteria
- BIT MCA Registration for the exam will begin from the March 1, 2018 till the April 30, 2018.
- BIT MCA exam was held on June 3, 2018.
- BIT MCA 2018 will be a 2 hours paper conducted online. CheckBIT MCA 2018 Exam pattern
- Candidate can download the BIT MCA Admit Card from the official website.
- BIT MCA results has been declared on June 15, 2018.
BIT MCA Exam will grant candidates admission to BIT Mesra (Main Campus), BIT Noida, BIT Allahabad, BIT Ranchi, BIT Kolkata, BIT Jaipur (Off Campuses) with the following seat division:
|BIT Campus||Total number of seats|
BIT MCA 2018 Highlights Table
|Exam||Birla Institute of Technology - Masters in Computer Application (BIT MCA)|
|BIT MCA 2018 Conducting Body||Birla Institute of Technology|
|Mode of BIT MCA 2018 Application||Online and then offline|
|Mode of BIT MCA 2018 Exam||Online|
|Medium of BIT MCA 2018 Exam||English|
|Duration of BIT MCA 2018 Exam||2 hours|
BIT MCA 2018 Dates
Candidates who want to appear for BIT MCA 2018 should keep these important dates related to the release of the notification, last date of application, expected date of announcement of results etc., in mind. They must keep a track of the following important dates that are applicable to BIT MCA 2018:
|BIT MCA 2018 Online Registration commences from||March 1, 2018|
|Last date to submit BIT MCA Applications||April 30, 2018|
|BIT MCA 2018 admit card will be available from||May 2, 2018|
|BIT MCA 2018 last date for fee payment||April 30, 2018|
|BIT MCA 2018 exam date||June 3, 2018|
|BIT MCA 2018 result declaration||June 15, 2018|
BIT MCA 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates seeking admission to Birla Institute of Technology through BIT MCA must keep the following eligibility criteria in mind:
- Candidates need a minimum 60% marks in aggregate of all subjects in their class 10th exam. For SC/ST students, they require a minimum of 55% in total aggregate of class 10 marks.
- Candidates need to have passed with minimum 60% marks (55% for SC/ ST/ PH) in their 12th exam. They need to have Mathematics or Computer Science as one of the compulsory subjects in their class 12th exam.
- Candidates must have a minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from any government recognized University. The degree should be of a minimum 3 years duration after class 12. Candidate should hold any of the following undergraduate degrees:
1. Bachelors of Computer Application
2. B. Sc. In Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Electronics
3. B.Sc. in Mathematics or Statistics in the Bachelor’s Degree qualification.
- The minimum marks required by a candidate in the bachelor’s degree is 60%. In case a candidate belongs to a reserved category, the aggregate has to be 55%.
- Candidates with B. Sc (Hons) with at least 60% in their main subject can also apply for BIT MCA 2018. For reserved category candidates, the required percentage is 55%.
BIT MCA 2018 Application Form
Online Registration for BIT MCA 2018 will commence from the last week of February. Candidates can follow the steps listed below for a clearer idea on how to complete the BIT MAC 2018 registrationprocess:
- Candidates need to visit the official website of BIT Mesra.
- Then they will have to click on link ‘Apply online’ and create a username and password.
- They have to then fill the form and submit it online
- Candidates will then have to make the payment of the application fee. Candidates can pay the fees online (credit card/ debit card/ net banking) or offline through SBI Collect.
- The application will be deemed complete after candidate has submitted the printout of the filled-up application enclosed along with required documents. The application is to be sent by speed post or courier. They have to write “Application for MCA 2018” on the top of the envelope and send it to:
Dean Admissions and Academic Coordination,
Birla Institute of Technology,
Mesra, Ranchi – 835215
- Candidates will have to send the photocopies of the following documents along with the application form:
- Candidate’s recent coloured passport size photograph
- A printout/ hard copy of the payment receipt of application fee
- Candidate’s pass certificate and mark sheet of Class 10 (as proof of age)
- Candidate's mark sheet for Class 12th board exam
- All mark sheets of Graduation level
- Candidates correspondence or distance learning programmes will have to send photocopies of Pass certificate in addition to mark sheets of qualifying examination with their application
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Candidate’s photo identity proof (voter id card/ passport/ driving license etc)
BIT MCA 2018 Application Fee
Candidates can note down the fee structure of BIT MCA 2018 from the list below:
General Category - INR 2500
OBC Category - INR 1500
SC/ ST Category - INR 1500
BIT MCA 2018 Admit Card
BIT MCA 2018 admit card will be sent via email or post to all candidates who have completed and sent their application forms within the stipulated time at the office of the Dean, Admissions and Academic Coordination, BIT Mesra, Ranchi. Only applications that will have all correct documents and information will be eligible to receive the admit card.
Candidates will be allotted a Test Center, Date and Time Slot for BIT MCA 2018. Birla Institute of Technology Test will try to allot the test center and exam slot as per candidates’ preferences, however, the Institute reserves the right to change and allocate different test center and slot if the need arises. BIT MCA Admit Cards will also be available for download on the Birla Institute of Technology website in the following steps:
Step 1 - Visit official website of BIT Mesra
Step 2 - Click on “MCA Admissions 2018”
Step 3 - Click on “Download Admit Card”
Step 4 - Click on “Submit” button
Candidates must check for the following details on their admit card as soon as they receive it:
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s address
- Candidate’s Roll number
- Time slot for the examination
- Test center where the exam will be conducted
Candidates will have to carry the following documents with them to the exam hall:
- Address proof in original
- Photocopy of the address proof
- Admit card in original as well as a photocopy
- 2 recent passport size coloured photograph
BIT MCA 2018 Exam Centers
BIT MCA 2018 will be held in the following cities. Candidates can mention their preference in the application form. Birla Institute of Technology will try their best to allocate candidates their preferred choice of exam center however they cannot guarantee the same.
BIT MCA 2018 Exam Pattern
BIT MCA 2018 will judge the analytical, logical, mathematical, Verbal and Computer awareness ability of candidates. The paper will comprise of 120 objective type questions divided into 4 sections.
|Section||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|B||Analytical ability and Logical Reasoning||20||80|
It will be an online, computer-based test (CBT) for 2 hours. Time slots offered for the exam are - 9 to 11 am, 12 to 2 pm and 3 to 5 pm. Four marks will be awarded for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
|Number of Sections||4|
|Total time||2 hours|
|Number of questions in each section||60 in Section A and 20 in Sections B, C and D.|
|Marks for each question||4|
|Total marks for each section||240 for Section A and 80 for Sections B, C and D.|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
BIT MCA 2018 Syllabus
Candidates can follow the list below for a better understanding of the syllabus of the 4 sections in the paper:
Section A: Mathematics (60 questions – objective type)
- Set Theory
- Matrix Algebra
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- Differential Equations
- Probability and Statistics
- Linear Programming
Section B: Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning: (20 questions – objective type)
- Logical reasoning
- Quantitative reasoning
- Visio-spatial reasoning
Section C: Computer Awareness: (20 questions – objective type)
- Computer Basics
- Data Representation
- Binary Arithmetic
- Computer Architecture
- Computer Language
- Flowchart and Algorithms
- Operating Systems
Section D: English: (20 questions – objective type)
- Use of articles and prepositions
- Idioms and phrases
- Reading comprehension
- expansion of an idea
- Sentence sequence
- Completion of a sentence
- Choice of appropriate word to fill in the blanks
- Abridging sentences/ paragraphs
|Name of Book||Author||ISBN|
|A complete study package MCA Entrances of all Indian universities||Amit M Agarwal||9350942062|
|BIT Online MCA Entrance Test 2012 10 Mock Tests for Admission to 3-Years' MCA of Birla Institute of Technology||Amit M Agarwal||8183484905|
BIT MCA 2018 Result
BIT MCA 2018 Result will be declared in the second week of June (tentative). It can be checked on website- www.bitmesra.ac.in, notice board of the institute and concerned off campuses. Shortlisted candidates will be called for document verification and admission process.
The number of rounds will be decided on the basis of seats available. Admission will be solely on the basis of score of BIT MCA merit list.
BIT MCA 2018 Merit List
The merit list is prepared on the basis of cut off of BIT MCA 2018. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the following:
- Total number of candidates appearing on the exam
- Marks obtained by each candidate
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Previous years’ cut-off
Candidates who clear the basic cut-off and have their names shortlisted in the merit list will be called for the interview. Those who appear for the counselling will get admission depending on the availability of the seats in the Institute of their preference. Waitlisted candidate will be called if there are seats left vacant.
BIT MCA 2018 Counselling
BIT MCA 2018 Counselling will commence once the result is declared the merit list is prepared. Details of the same can be checked on the website, www.bitmesra.ac.in. Candidates will be given a provisional seat which will be made permanent only after the successful verification of all documents. Candidates will have to report to the counselling center depending upon the result obtained by them and their location. The centers are Noida, Mesra, Jaipur and Lalpur.
Documents Required at the Time of Counselling
- Original mark sheet for the class 10th exam
- Original mark sheet for the class 12th exam
- Mark Sheets of all semesters from their bachelor's degree
- Transfer certificate from the college from which they have completed the bachelor's degree.
- Certificate from the principal in case candidate is in the last semester stating that the student will complete the degree by 30th June 2018. In case there is a backlog in any subject, then the application will be rejected if it is not cleared before the commencement of the session.
- Candidates having a diploma from any foreign institute needs to provide the certificate from EdCIL stating the conversion of the marks and the certificate of completion of the graduation program.
- In case any candidate has done the degree from a university/ deemed college where the marks are given in grades, then it has to be converted into equivalent percent marks as required by BITS. In case the University has no standard for it then it will be done on All India basis criteria or as BITS calculation system works.
- Any photo identity proof (passport, driving license, voter’s identity card etc.)
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College