BITS HD 2018 is one of the most famous exams, offering aspirants a chance to pursue their career in the fields of Engineering and Management, in the prestigious BITS Pilani campus, Goa and Hyderabad campus.
Here are the steps to avail and fill the application form:
- Candidates who are interested and eligible should apply online by visiting the official website.
- Candidates are requested to pay heed to the details entailed in filling the form for BITS HD 2018
- Once the BITS HD 2018 application form has been filled, candidates are required to keep sufficient number of printouts of the filled form
- The filled-in form has to be sent 'offline' to the “Dean admissions, BITS, Pilani - 333 031”.
- Proof of fee payment also has to be sent along with along with the form.
- There are different modes for fee payment, both online and offline.
Note: The fee for the application form for the BITS HD has been increased to INR 2090.
Highlights of BITS HD 2018
|Exam name||BITS HD 2018|
|Conducting authority||BITS Pilani|
|Official website ||http://www.bitsadmission.com/|
|Mode of registrACtion||Online (registration, downloading and filling of the form) and Offline (posting it to the institute with proof of fee payment)|
|BITS HD 2018 application form will be available from||April 20, 2018|
|Last date to fill the application form||April 29, 2018 Note: Candidates can fill in the BITS HD 2018 application form and send it again if any mistake or discrepancies have been noted, well within the deadline.|
|Exam center and slot allotment||May 1-2, 2018|
|Issue of BITS HD 2018 hall ticket||May 4, 2018|
|Exam dates||May 13-21, 2018|
Eligibility for BITS HD 2018
Candidates must have an aggregate of 60% in the qualifying exam to be eligible to take BITS HD 2018.
Here are the program-wise eligibility criteria:
- M.E. Biotechnology – Any integrated first degree of BITS or its equivalent with adequate preparation in Biochemistry and Microbiology.
- M.E. Chemical; Civil; Computer Science – Integrated first degree of BITS in the respective discipline or its’ equivalent.
- M.E. Communication Engineering – Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/Electronics & Instrumentation/Electronics & Communication or its equivalent.
- M.E. Embedded Systems – Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Communication/ Computer Science or its’ equivalent.
- M.E. Mechanical; Design Engineering; Manufacturing Systems Engineering – Integrated first degree of BITS in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering or its equivalent.
- M.E. Mechanical (with specialization in Thermal Engineering) – Integrated first degree of BITS in Mechanical or its’ equivalent.
- M.E. Microelectronics – Integrated first degree of BITS in Electrical & Electronics/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Electronics & Communication / Computer Science/ Physics or its equivalent.
- M.E. Software Systems – Any Integrated first degree of BITS or its equivalent with specific prior preparation. For example, students with a B.E./B.Tech degree in IT area will be eligible only to apply for M.E. Software Systems and also may need some specific prior preparation.
- M.Pharm; M.Pharm (with specialization in Pharmaceutics/Pharmaceutical Chemistry) – Integrated first degree of BITS in Pharmacy or its’ equivalent.
- If original marks sheet/marks card is not submitted, then the candidate is terminated from the program. Fees will not be refunded and the candidate will have to leave the institution immediately.
Admissions to all Programs will be made purely on merit. Admissions to all higher degree programs are based on the performance of the candidates in the computer based online test conducted by BITS. The test will be a computer based online test conducted by BITS Pilani at dedicated centers at different cities of India.
Note: If original or qualifying exam's final result is not available before the required date, candidates must present proof that they have appeared for all the exams of the final year. Degree marks sheet or the originals must be submitted before the deadline, i.e. October 1, 2018.
How to fill the application form of BITS HD 2018:
The application form for BITS HD 2018 is structured and detailed. Before downloading the application form, students should keep ready the documents listed below:
- E-mail ID and mobile number
- Mark sheet/marks card of qualifying degree exam
- Debit/credit card, net banking details (if online mode is chosen for payment of fees)
- E-Challan and other details
- Desired course and campus
- Latest photo of candidate
The application process for BITS HD 2018 comprises the following steps:
- Candidates who are interested and eligible have to first register by logging on the official website.
- Candidates have to enter their full name, date of birth, e-mail ID and gender
- Enter the 'captcha' displayed on login page
- Once these details have been entered, click on the 'Proceed' button
- They will be directed to a page housing the application form
2. Filling of BITS HD 2018 Application Form
Applicants are required to enter their personal details along with educational information. The entries to be made have been indicated in the list given below:
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Address for correspondence
- Pin code
- Phone number
- Mobile number
Qualifying Degree Information:
- Name of the Degree program
- Year of passing/appearing
- Availability of final semester/year mark sheet/marks card
- University from which the candidate hails from
- Whether the candidate has attempted GATE examination
Test Center Preference:
Three test centers of the applicant’s preference have to be selected. The selection must be in the order of preference. Candidates are then required to check the entered details, make changes if need be and then hit the 'submit' button.
3. Uploading of photograph and signature
Candidates have to upload scanned images of their recent passport size photograph and signature. The scanned images should be in the format given below:
- Jpg/Jpeg format
- Size of the photograph must be between 10 kb to 30 kb
- Size of the signature must be between 2 kb to 20 kb
4. Payment of Application Fees
Applicants will have to submit the application fee of INR 2090 to validate their BITS HD 2017 application form. The payment can be made through any of the following modes:
- Online Mode: Applicants can make the payment through debit/ credit card or Net Banking.
- Offline Mode: The application fee can also be paid in cash. Candidates have to download the pay- in- slip and deposit cash at any ICICI Bank branch. After payment has been made, a confirmation receipt will be given to the candidate by the bank.
5. Submission of the filled BITS HD 2018 Application Form
Once the application form has been filled, candidates are required to take printouts of the filled-in form. Applicants will have to sign and send one copy along with the proof of fee payment by registered post/ speed post to BITS Pilani. The postal address is given below:
Pilani (Rajasthan) – 333 031 (India)
Note: Before printing out the filled-in form, the system will generate a unique application number. Candidates should note down the number for future use.
Key points of BITS HD Application Form 2018
Candidates must take care of the following points before filling the application form of BITS HD 2018:
- Candidates must read all the instructions displayed on the screen before proceeding to fill the online application form
- At the time of filling up the form, candidates must refrain from using the ‘Back’ button. Candidates are requested to use the links/tabs to move from one page to another
- They must take out two printouts of the filled in application form. One copy of submission and the other copy must be retained for future reference.
- They have to fill only one online application form. Multiple applications of candidates will be rejected.
- Proof of payment of application fees is also to be sent along with the application form.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College