Table of Contents
ITSAT 2020 Application Form (Released), Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern
ITSAT (Admission Test for ICFAITech) 2020 is conducted by The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), Hyderabad for admission into the B.Tech/B.E Program in its five ICFAI Tech campuses located at Hyderabad, Dehradun, Jaipur, Jharkhand, and Raipur. It will be held on April 25 – May 10, 2020 in over 100 cities across India in online mode. Check ITSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Application Form has been available from November 1, 2019 – April 20, 2020.
- ITSAT 2020 is conducted in online mode. Check ITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- The last date to fill ITSAT 2020 Application form for online/ offline test is April 20, 2020.
- It will have 4 sections: Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and English. Check ITSAT 2020 Syllabus
ITSAT 2020 Exam Highlights
|Exam Name||Admission Test for ICFAI Tech or ITSAT|
|Conducting Body||ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), Hyderabad|
|ITSAT 2020 Exam Date||Online – April 25 – May 10, 2020|
|Exam level||National Level|
|Exam Mode||Online & Offline|
|Application Fee||INR 500|
|Helpline Number||1800 200 9977|
ITSAT 2020 Dates
ITSAT 2020 Important Dates
|Online application release date||November 1 – April 20, 2020|
|Online application form submission last date||April 20, 2020|
|ITSAT 2020 test scheduling date||April 25 – May 10, 2020|
|Availability of Admit card||At the time of scheduling test|
|Declaration of Result||May 15, 2020|
|Counselling – Round 1
June 16, 2020
July 16, 2020
August 2, 2020
|Commencement of classes||August 2020|
ITSAT 2020 Eligibility
ITSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Prior to the commencement of online application process, it is necessary for the candidates to check the ITSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria. They need to fulfill the pre-requisites to attempt the examination.
Given below are the pre-requisites to appear in the examination
- Applicant must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates should have cleared the secondary and senior secondary level of exam with Physics, Chemistry, Math and English as compulsory subjects
- It is necessary to score 60% in aggregate in the qualifying exam
- Candidates appearing for final exams and waiting for final result are also eligible to apply for the exam
- All applicants must fulfill the minimum age requirements prescribed by the respective Board of class XII.
- Applicants who have finished 12 years of official schooling is eligible for ITSAT 2020.
- Admission is based on scores secured in ITSAT 2020 / JEE (Main) 2020 / State Level / Other National Level Engineering Entrance Tests (2020).
ITSAT 2020 Registration
ITSAT 2020 Application Form
Applicants can apply by filling the application form and make the payment of application fee in online and offline mode. Given below is the detail of both the modes:
- Visit the official website i.e ifheindia.org/icfaitech/
- Click on the link “Apply Now”
- Fill in the required details
- After successfully filling the application form, applicants will get their registration ID number for the exam
- Applicants, now have to upload their passport size photograph (4.5cm X 3.5cm) and signature in JPEG format
- The size of the file should be between 40kb to 50kb
- Once the applicant has submitted the duly filled application form, no changes will be allowed in the application form.
- Candidates can also track their application through login window by entering their login details.
- Aspirants can pay through the online medium like Credit Card or Net Banking.
- There is no need to send the application form to the exam conducting body.
- Candidates can download ITSAT 2020 Application Form from the website. They can fill the form and send it to the Admissions office along with the DD of INR 500.
- Send the application and DD (“IFHE – Prospectus Fee A/c ITSAT 2020” payable at Hyderabad) through speed post or courier to the below mentioned address:
Admissions Officer (B.Tech. Program)
ITSAT Office, Plot # 65, Nagarjuna Hills, Punjagutta, Hyderabad - 500 082, Telangana State.
Ph: 040-23440967, Toll Free: 1800-599-0767,
Details in Application Form
Given below are the details one needs to fill in the form:
|Date of birth||Contact Number|
|Email id||Photograph (40kb to 50 kb) (3.5 X 4.5 cm)|
ITSAT Application form Correction- There is no provision for correction for details once entered in the application. Therefore, it is required to upload the details very carefully.
ITSAT 2020 Slot Booking
Candidates have to visit the website and under online slot booking, use “Book Slot for ITSAT 2020”. The candidate has to enter application number as Login ID and Date of Birth as the password. Click on “Submit” button to open slot booking registration page.
Select the city and test center from the drop-down list
Step 2 & 3
- Select the date and time preferred
- Select either By Date or By Time
- Select By Date: This displays the calendar from where the candidate will select the preferred test date. Based on the date, the available slots are displayed to the candidate
- Select By Time: This displays the time slots available, based on which a calendar is displayed to select the preferred date
Verify the details before booking the slot as the slot cannot be changed after clicking the “Confirm” button
Printthe Hall ticket (Admit Card) and store for future reference
ITSAT Admit Card
ITSAT 2020 Admit Card
- Admit cards will be available online on the official website.
- To receive it, applicants have to book a slot.
- ITSAT 2020 Admit Card will be available after the slot booking process has completetd.
- It will notbe delivered to the candidate via courier or post services.
- One must bring one photo ID proof (driving license/ voter ID /PAN card/Aadhar card or any other govt. ID, a notarized Affidavit with photo) in which the photo of the applicant is attached and clearly visible.
- Candidates will not be permitted to appear for ITSAT 2020 without showing correct photo identification.
Steps to download ITSAT Admit Card 2020
- Visit the official website i.e. ifheindia.org/icfaitech
- Enter the required credentials
- Click on the link “ITSAT 2020 Admit Card”
- ITSAT Admit Card will be displayed on the screen
- Take a print of the Admit Card to present while entering the exam hall
ITSAT Exam Center
ITSAT 2020 Exam Center
- Applicants have to select the desired test center (online/offline) available for ITSAT 2020 Exam Center.
- ITSAT Office reserves the right to add or delete test centers depending upon the situation.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear for the test in other than the allotted session/ date.
Candidates have the choice of selecting an exam center according to their convenience. Once allotted, it won’t be changed. So, be careful while selecting a center. Below are the list of ITSAT Exam Centers:
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
ITSAT Pattern & Syllabus
ITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
There is a pre-defined pattern decided by the examining authority. Given below are the details on ITSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Examination – Exam will be conducted in Online & Offline mode
- Type of Question paper – Question paper will be in MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) format
- Score calculation – For every correct answer, the candidate will be awarded +1 marks while there is no negative marking in the examination
- Exam Duration – 180 minutes
- Total number of questions – There will be 150 questions in all
- Language – The exam will be conducted in English
ITSAT 2020 Syllabus
Given below are 2 sections of the exam in detail:
- Section A which is referred to the theory part of the subject and will be given 80% weightage whereas,
- Section B which refers to the practical implementation will be given 20% weightage.
Further, below mentioned are some important topics from ITSAT 2020 Syllabus for the examination. One must go through these topics in order to gain an edge over others.
|Physics||Measurement, Kinematics, Rotational motion & movement of inertia, Work energy & power, Gravitation, Properties of solid & fluids, Oscillation, Waves, Force & laws of motion, Current electricity, Effect of Electric Current, Electron, Photon & Radioactivity.|
|Chemistry||Atomic structure, Solid States, Chemical bond, Nuclear Chemistry, Chemical Equilibrium, Thermochemistry & thermodynamics, Ionic Equilibrium. Principles of metallurgical operations, Chemistry of hydrocarbon, Organic compounds containing organic oxygen, Organic compounds based on the functional group containing nitrogen and Biomolecules.|
|Mathematics||Sets, Relations, and Functions, Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equations, Matrices and Determinants, Permutations and Combinations, Limit Continuity and Differentiability, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Conic Sections, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability, Trigonometry, Mathematical Reasoning|
|English||Reading comprehension, Diction, Formation of effective sentences, sentence completion, vocabulary, common errors|
ITSAT 2020 Recommended books
Mentioned below, are the best-rated study materials. Out of numerous books, these books have been shortlisted to provide an edge over other options. Candidates can definitely rely on the mentioned books
|Name of the book||Author||Subject|
|NCERT Physics for Class 11th and 12th||NCERT||Physics|
|Concepts of Physics volume 1 and 2||H. C. Verma||Physics|
|NCERT Chemistry for Class 11th and 12th||NCERT||Chemistry|
|NCERT Mathematics for Class 11th and 12th.||NCERT||Mathematics|
|Success Package (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics)||Arihant||-|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Ajay Singh||-|
ITSAT 2020 Result
ITSAT 2020 Result
- ITSAT 2020 Result will be announced on May 15, 2020
- Results will be uploaded on the official website.
- Results declared will be on the basis of the cut off list.
- If the student does not meet the cut off list declaration, then the student will not be qualified for counselling.
- Separate merit list will be prepared by the exam conducting committee.
- There is no provision for re-evaluation of answer sheets.
Steps to check ITSAT Result 2020
- Visit the official website of ITSAT
- Enter the credentials
- Click on the link “ITSAT 2020 Result”
- ITSAT scorecard will be displayed on the screen
- The candidate must take a print of the scorecard for future reference
ITSAT 2020 Counselling
- ITSAT 2020 counselling procedure will commence from the June 16, 2020 (for Round 1), July 16, 2020 (for Round 2) and August 2, 2020 (for Round 3)..
- No call letter will be sent to applicant individually.
- ITSAT 2020 counselling will be held online.
- Candidates need to register online for counselling procedure.
- After registering, they need to fill the options of colleges according to their choice and rank.
- The seat will be allotted on the basis of options filled by candidates and availability of seat.
- All candidates who are offered conditional admission are required to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination.
- Allocation of University & Branch of engineering is based on applicant’s performance in ITSAT / JEE (Main) 2020 / State Level / Other National Level Engineering Entrance Tests (2020)
Documents Required for Counselling
- All mark sheets/grade reports and certificates, Original of Class X and XII, DOB, Transfer Certificate, Leaving Certificate and Character Certificate from School.
- In case candidate belongs to SC, ST or non-creamy layer of OBC categories, Original caste Certificate as per Central Govt. is required.
- Medical Certificate should be presented if candidate is Physically Challenged (PC).
- Original e- Admit Card, counselling letter from ICAR should also be present with candidate.
- 3 recent and clear passport size colored photograph needs to be submitted. It should have candidate’s name and date mentioned at the back.
- Domicile certificate.
- Authority letter/undertaking in the prescribed format (Annexure-III of IB) is required, if the applicant is incapable of attending the counselling personally.
ITSAT 2020 Courses Offered
Courses offered by ICFAI Tech institutes:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
Given below is the distribution of different courses across the tech campuses
|ICFAI University||Civil||Computer Science||Electronics & Communication||Mechanical||Electrical & Electronics||Mechatronics||Mining|
|IU HP (Baddi)||51||52||53||54||-||-||-yy|
ITSAT 2020 FAQs
question 1: Through ITSAT, candidates can seek admission into which B.Tech programs at ICFAI ?
Ans. Through ITSAT, candidates can seek admission in fulltime, on-campus B. Tech programs in the following branches:
- Civil Engineering (CE)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME)
- Mechatronics (MT)
- Mining (MI)
question 2: Candidates can seek admission into which institutes through ITSAT?
Ans. Through ITSAT, admission is offered at the following institutes:
- The IFHE, Hyderabad
- The ICFAI University, Dehradun
- The ICFAI University, Jaipur
- The ICFAI University, Jharkhand
- The ICFAI University, Raipur
- The ICFAI University, Himachal Pradesh
question 3: What is the deadline to submit qualifying examination mark sheet and certificate for provisionally admitted candidates through ITSAT?
Ans. For provisionally admitted candidates through ITSAT, the deadline to submit all relevant documentation pertaining to the successful completion of the qualifying exam is September 17, 2020, failing which the admission offer will be canceled.
question 4: When will ITSAT be conducted in the offline mode?
Ans. ITSAT in online mode is scheduled to be held on April 25 – May 10, 2020 at select test centers across India. Candidates will have to mark their answers on an OMR answer sheet, provided at the time of the test.
question 5: What is the default login credentials of ITSAT candidates?
Ans. ITSAT 2020 Application Number is the Login ID while the candidates’ DOB is the Password for the initial login to the official ITSAT website soon after registration. For security reasons, it is advisable that the candidates change their password immediately after logging in for the first time.
question 6: I have already booked ITSAT online test slot. Can I request a change now?
Ans. No. Once a test slot is booked and Admit Card is generated, no request for change in test slot is entertained by IFHE.
question 7: When will the Admit Cards for ITSAT be available?
Ans. The Admit Cards for ITSAT will be available during the Test Slot Scheduling Period (April 20, 2020). Upon successful booking of test slot, the admit card will be generated online which needs to be printed for future reference.
question 8: How do I get to know about the ITSAT results?
Ans. The ITSAT 2020 results will be available online on www.ifheindia.org/its on May 15, 2020. IFHE will also inform successful candidates individually via E-mail or post.
question 9: I want to pursue B. Tech at ICFAI University, Himachal Pradesh. Do I need to appear for ITSAT?
Ans. No. The candidates willing to pursue B. Tech at ICFAI University, Himachal Pradesh only need not attempt ITSAT, instead, they must qualify JEE (Main) 2020.
question 10: Which documents will be accepted at ITSAT test center for identification and verification purpose?
Ans. The Photo ID proofs that are considered acceptable are Passport/Aadhar Card/College ID/a notarized Affidavit with photo, signature, date of birth and residential address. Candidates should note that photocopies of the original documents will not be accepted.
Candidates who fail to present appropriate photo ID at the test center, will not be allowed to appear for ITSAT 2020.
question 11: I am not very proficient in computer operations. Will I be able to manage online ITSAT?
Ans. ITSAT in online mode does not require the candidates to be experts in computer operations. The appropriate answers to the question have to be chosen with a mouse click. Moreover, there will be a short tutorial of the test and its features at the beginning of the online test.
question 12: How are seats allotted through ITSAT?
Ans. Candidates are allotted their preferred branch of engineering and preferred college based on their eligibility entrance test score, performance in the interview and of course, availability of seats. The selected applicants will be offered provisional admission after the Personal Interview, which is subject to payment of admission fee and meeting the admission eligibility conditions.
question 13: How do I complete the admission process after seat allotment?
Ans. Candidates who have been allotted seats for admission need to report at the respective ICFAI University Campus along with original and attested photocopies of relevant documents on July 16, 2020 to complete the admission process. Please note that the original documents will be returned to the candidates after verification.
question 14. Can the details entered by me in the application form be edited/ changed later?
Ans. No, the details once confirmed cannot be changed.
question 15. Is the application fee refundable?
Ans. No, the application fee is non-refundable.
question 16. Can I pay by DD or cheque or cash?
Ans. Yes DD is allowed in the name of “IFHE – Prospectus Fee A/c ITSAT 2020” payable at Hyderabad
question 17. Is the application form available to fill in the offline mode?
Ans. Yes, and the DD and application form then needs to be sent to the university.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College