OJEE Eligibility Criteria 2019 will be release by the Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board (OJEEB). It details out the course-wise age criteria, academic qualifications, and marks required to apply for OJEE 2019 (scheduled on May 12).
Here are the key highlights:
- OJEE Eligibility for UG courses- Candidate must have passed Class XII or any equivalent examination. The minimum age of the candidate is 17 years while there is no specified upper age limit.
- OJEE Eligibility forLateral Entry courses- A candidate must have passed Diploma or degree program. There is no specified age requirements mentioned by OJEE Board for these courses.
- OJEE Eligibility forPG courses- A candidate must have passed the Bachelor’s degree. The minimum age required to apply is 21 years. There is no specified upper age limit.
Note: Admissions to B.Tech is done through rank obtained in JEE Main; The NATA Score Card is considered for B.Arch Admissions; MBBS/BDS Admissions are done through scores obtained in NEET.
OJEE Eligibility Criteria 2019 for UG Courses
- The eligibility criteria for admission to UG level courses in Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Pharmacy and Integrated MBA requires a candidate to have passed the 10+2 examination of CHSE, Odisha or equivalent.
- The percentage and the subjects required in qualifying examination for different courses are mentioned below:
OJEE Eligibility for B.Pharma
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 examination in science stream with Physics and Chemistry as main subjects along with one subject out of Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational Subject.
- It is important that the candidate passes each subject and the aggregate passing marks should be at least 45% or above.
- There is no prescribed age limit for appearing in OJEE for admission to pharmacy course.
OJEE Eligibility for BHMS and BAMS
- For admission in BHMS and BAMS courses, a candidate must pass 10+2 Science examination with Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Botany and Zoology) as compulsory subjects.
- The minimum aggregate marks required is 50% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology together.
- The lower age limit for this course is 17 years as on December 31, 2018.
- As a proof of their age, candidates must submit H.S.C. or equivalent certificate during certificate verification at the time of OJEE Counselling.
OJEE Eligibility Criteria 2019 for PG Courses
- OJEE provides admission to various postgraduate courses like Computer Application, Business Administration, Technology, Pharmacy, Architecture and Planning etc.
- The minimum eligibility requirement to seek admission in postgraduate courses through OJEE 2019 is that a candidate should have passed or appeared in 2019, Bachelor’s Degree of Examination from any University of Odisha or from an AICTE approved Institute or from a recognized University as defined by UGC.
- The eligibility criteria for OJEE 2019 for postgraduate courses are as follows:
OJEE Eligibility for MCA
- A candidate must have passed Bachelor’s Degree examination of minimum three years duration in any discipline or should be appearing for the same in 2019.
- The compulsory subject in 10+2 or graduation level is Mathematics. Business Mathematics in the 10+2 will not be counted.
- The minimum qualifying marks should be 50% or above in qualifying examination.
- In case a candidate has passed BCA / BSc (IT/CS/IST/ITM) with mathematics as a subject, they can give the entrance test without Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- There is no age limit to admission to MCA course.
OJEE Eligibility for M.Plan
- Candidate should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Planning, Civil Engineering or a Master’s Degree in Economics, Geography, Sociology, Anthropology, Environmental Science, Statistics, Social Work with specialization in Community Development and Rural Development.
- The minimum marks required must be at least 50% or more in the qualifying examination.
- There is no age limit for this course.
OJEE Eligibility for MBA
- The eligibility for this course requires the candidate to pass or appear in 2019, Bachelor’s Degree examination in any discipline of three years.
- Candidates who have passed or are appearing in 2019, Bachelor’s Degree examination of Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy of at least four/five years can apply for the course too.
- Minimum qualifying marks required in the qualifying examination is 50% marks or more.
- There is no prescribed age limit to for admission to MBA course through OJEE.
OJEE Eligibility for Integrated MBA (5 years)
- Candidate must have passed or should be appearing in 10+2 examination.
- All the subjects in the qualifying exam must be passed and the minimum percentage in all subjects taken together must be 45% marks or above.
- There is prescribed age limit for admission to Integrated MBA course through OJEE.
NOTE:Admission in this course will be based on the OJEE 2019 rank.
- If the seats remain vacant, the admission will be done on the basis of marks acquired in 10+2 examination.
- In case the seats are still vacant, the Diploma Engineering students and students passed in 10+2 vocational courses will be also allowed for admission.
Candidates will be awarded Bachelor’s degree in Management (BM), if they want to discontinue the course after a period of 3 years. If they want to leave the course after 4 years, they will be awarded with Bachelor’s degree in Applied Management (BAM). The candidates will be awarded Integrated MBA only after the completion of 5 years.
OJEE Eligibility for M. Tech
- M. Tech (Regular)
- Candidates should have passed or should be appearing in 2019 Bachelor’s Degree of examination in the relevant field.
- Minimum marks obtained by the candidate must be at least 50% or above in the qualifying examination.
- There is no age limit to for admission to M. Tech (Regular) course.
- M. Tech (Part-time)
- Candidate should have cleared Bachelor’s Degree of examination in the relevant field.
- It is mandatory that candidates have a minimum of two years full time work experience in a registered firm / Company / Industry / Educational and / Government, Autonomous Organizations.
- There is no prescribed age limit for admission to M. Tech (Part-Time) course.
OJEE Eligibility for M. Pharma
- Candidates who have passed or are appearing in 2019 Bachelor’s Degree of examination or equivalent in Pharmacy are eligible to apply for this course.
- The minimum marks required to be secured by the candidate in the qualifying examination is 50%.
OJEE Eligibility for M. Arch.
- For admission in M. Arch. course, the candidates must pass or appear in 2019 Bachelor’s Degree of examination in the relevant field in Architecture.
- In the qualifying examination, the candidate must obtain a minimum of 50% or more to be eligible for this course.
- OJEE Board has not prescribed any lower or upper age limit for admission to M. Arch. Course.
OJEE Eligibility Criteria 2019 for Lateral Entry Courses
- OJEE will be also conducted for Lateral Entry or admission to second year/ Third semester for undergraduate courses like Engineering/Technology and Pharmacy.
- The option for Lateral Entry admission is also provide for Master in Computer Application.
- In order to be eligible under Lateral Entry, candidates must pass or appear in 2019 in three year diploma examination/ first year of bachelor degree program/ bachelor’s degree examination of three years (for MCA course) from an AICTE approved Institute or from a recognized University as defined by UGC.
OJEE Eligibility for LE MCA
- For admission to MCA course, a candidate should pass or appear in 2019 in Bachelor’s Degree examination of minimum three years duration in BCA or B. Sc (IT/ Computer Science/IST/ITM).
- Candidates should have also cleared Mathematics as a mandatory subject at 10+2 level or graduate level. Business Mathematics at 10+2 level will not be allowed.
- Minimum marks required in the qualifying examination is at least 50% or above.
- There is no age limit to admission to 2nd year MCA under Lateral Entry course.
OJEE Eligibility LE B.Tech
- Diploma holders
- Candidates must have passed or should be appearing in two year diploma examination in Engineering and Technology.
- The minimum marks obtained by the candidate must be at least 45% marks or above in appropriate branch of Engineering/ Technology.
- There is no age limit to admission to this course.
- The resident of Odisha and non-resident of Odisha candidates who have completed their diploma examination outside Odisha and have approval from competent authority can also apply for admission under lateral entry.
- Candidates who completed diploma in state other than Odisha will be allowed admission in private engineering colleges according to their OJEE Exam rank. However, they will only get admission if there are vacant seats available after seats reserved for state merit list is filled through centralised counselling. Candidate, both resident and non-residents of Odisha, have to submit the result of final diploma examination as well.
- Candidates who have completed their diploma are also eligible for admission to 1st year of B. Architecture programme. They should have a valid NATA score and minimum marks obtained in diploma must be at least 50% or above.
- B.Sc. Students
- The eligibility criteriafor admission to second year/ third semester of Engineering/ Technology for B.sc candidates requires the candidates to pass or appear in 2019, Bachelor’s Degree examination of three years duration in Science.
- The minimum marks obtained in the qualifying examination must be at least 45% marks. The candidate should also have passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Candidates must also pass the first year engineering programme subjects, Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics in order to be eligible for lateral entry admission.
- There is no age limit to admission to this course.
- Students who are from B.sc stream will only be selected after the seats for students from diploma stream are filled up.
OJEE Eligibility for LE B.Pharma
- Candidates who have passed or are appearing in 2019 in diploma examination of two years after 10+2 examination in Pharmacy from Odisha State Board of Pharmacy (OSBP) or SCTE&VT or from an AICTE approved Institution / from a recognized University as defined by UGC are eligible for admission to this course.
- The minimum marks required for this course is 45% or above. There is no age limit to admission to this course.
- Candidates who completed diploma in state other than Odisha will be allowed admission in private engineering colleges according to their OJEE Exam rank. However, they will only get admission if there are vacant seats available after seats reserved for state merit list is filled through centralised counselling.
NOTE: The candidates who are residents of Odisha are required to submit the ‘Resident Certificate’ as per the prescribed format, in case they get selected, at the time of verification of documents.
OJEE 2019 Reservation Criteria
There is provision for reservation to certain reserved categories in OJEE 2019. The Reservation Criteria in OJEE is provided to candidates from following categories:
- Odisha State Category
- Green Card Holders
- Physically challenged or Person with Disability
- Wards of Ex-servicemen native of Odisha
- Women Candidates
- Tuition Waiver Scheme
- Odiya speaking candidates residing outside Odisha
- Non-Resident Indians
- Outside State Category
To avail admission under any reserved category candidates must be aware of certain important factors regarding each category. At the time of counselling, candidates selected in OJEE 2019 will be asked to produce certain set of documents as a proof of their claim to a reserved category.
In order to claim reservation, candidate have to fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements for OJEE. Also, the different reserved categories have different percentages of seats reserved in various colleges, the details of which are given below.
Important Points Regarding OJEE Reservation
- There is no reservation of seats under reserved categories for lateral entry admission to Engineering/Technology degree courses.
- In order to claim any reservation, candidates must fulfil the OJEE 2019 Reservation Criteria of a said reserved category. In case they don’t fill any criteria, they will not be able to claim the reservation and their application will be rejected.
- For admission to the ‘Mining Engineering Course’, Person with Disability and Women candidates are not eligible.
- There will be separate merit list published for each reserved category for admission after the declaration of result in the first week of June 2019.
- Every claim for reserved category will require an important document to be submitted from the candidate in order to prove their reservation claim. If the same is not submitted by the candidate at the time of counselling, the admission process of the candidate will not go through.
Reservation of Seats in OJEE
- Seats are reserved for different categories for admission to different courses through OJEE 2019, across institutions and colleges.
- These percentages, however, are subject to change and the decision of the State Government will be final.
- Candidates will be notified about the exact number of seats and branches before counselling process on the website i.e. ojee.nic.in.
- The following table states the reservation of seats for various categories.
|Course Name||SC||ST||Green Card||PwD||Ex-Servicemen||TFW||Women||OL|
|M.Tech/ M.Pharm / M.Arch||8||12||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|MBA/ Integrated MBA(5years)||8||12||5||3||0||0||30||0|
|Lateral Entry Tech/ Lateral Entry Pharma||0||0||0||0||0||5||0||0|
|Lateral Entry MCA||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
Details of Reservation Criteria in OJEE 2019
The following section will help candidates to know the Reservation Criteria for different categories in OJEE 2019. Applicants must note that if these criteria are not fulfilled by them then their candidature will be cancelled.
Odisha State Category
To claim reservation under this category, candidates have to meet at least one of criteria given below:
- The candidate should have passed/appeared 10+2 examination from a recognized institution in the State of Odisha for Bachelor’s Degree. Similarly, candidate should have completed/appeared +3 Sc / B.Sc. / BCA / B.Tech / B.Pharm / B.Arch/ Bachelor degree for Masters Degree.
- If the candidate has not done their 10+2 examination in Odisha then one of the parents of the candidate must be native of Odisha. To claim this, candidates will present “Resident/nativity Certificate” at the time of counselling.
- Candidates who are sons / daughters / spouse of the employees of government of Odisha / Govt. of India / Govt. of Odisha Undertakings / Govt. of India undertakings, presently serving in the State of Odisha, can also apply under this reservation category. To claim this, candidate will submit the ‘certificate from the employer’ at the time of counselling.
- Candidates who are wards of All India Civil Service Officers serving in the State of Odisha can also claim admission under this reservation for admission in Professional / Technical Institutions in Odisha.
All admissions will be based on the rank secured in OJEE 2019. The OJEE 2019 Reserved Categories under Odisha State Categories are discussed below:
- Under this category, candidates belonging to Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe will be able to claim reservation benefits for admission through OJEE 2019.
- In order to do so, candidates should produce the SC/ST certificate in the prescribed format at the time of counselling.
- Candidates must note that the SC/ST candidates who have migrated from their state of origin to another state will be regarded as SC/SCT candidate of their place of origin and not from the state to which they have migrated.
Green Card Holders
- Candidates claiming Reservation under Green Card Category in OJEE 2019 should present the Green Card of their parents which is issued by Family Welfare Department, Government of Odisha or any other appropriate authority at the time of counselling.
- The personal details of the candidate such as name, date of birth of the candidate along with the parents’ names must be as per the Class 10th passing certificate.
- The reservation for Green Card holders is not applicable to M. Tech/M. Pharm/M. Arch/ M Plan Programs.
Person with Disability
- Candidates with minimum 40% disabilities would be considered under the PwD category.
- A Medical Board will inspect the medical standards of the candidate and on basis of their examination of the candidate; percentage and type of disability will be declared by the board.
- Admission under this category will be based on the final decision of the Medical Board.
- Candidates have to send the medical certificate along with their application. However, they must carry a copy of medical certificate issued from competent authority in examination hall.
Wards of Ex-servicemen
- Candidates applying under this reservation category will be required to present a certificate duly approved by Rajya Sainik Board at the time of verification of documents in order to claim this reservation.
- Women candidates will only be able to claim this reservation if they are a native of Odisha.
- At the time of verification of documents, women candidates will present the Resident of Odisha Certificate to claim this reservation.
- This reservation is not applicable in Outside State Category, Non-Indian Resident Indians, Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme and Odias belonging to outlying Odia speaking tracts (OL Category).
Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme
- The candidate should be a native of Odisha. Candidate whose parent’s annual income is less than INR 6 lakhs (Rupees Six lakh only) from all sources can claim admission under this reserved category.
- As the name suggests, this scheme is only limited to tuition fee of the course. All other fees except tuition fee will have to be paid by the candidate.
- At the time of verification of documents candidates claiming this reservation category should submit ‘Resident Certificate’ and ‘Income Certificate’ in the prescribed format.
Read OJEE Seat Matrix
- This category is meant for Odias belonging to outlying Oriya (Odia) speaking tracts. 3 % seats are reserved in Govt. Engineering colleges.
- This reservation cannot be claimed for admission to private engineering colleges. However, Candidates can take admission in private colleges under outside state category for private colleges.
- This reservation cannot be claimed for admission to MBA/ MCA/ Pharmacy / Lateral Entry / M. Tech/ M. Pharm / M. Arch. / Integrated MBA (5 years) streams. In order to claim this reservation under this category in OJEE 2019, candidates have to furnish the ‘Resident of Odisha’ certificate at the time of verification of documents.
- The eligibility for candidates under this category requires the applicant to pass 10+2 Science examination from outside Odisha.
- Candidates who are Sons and Daughters of an Indian citizen who reside outside India and hold an Indian passport can claim admission based on this reservation category.
- At the time of verification of documents candidate have to submit copies of passport, Work permit, certificate of the qualifying examination.
Outside State Category
- Candidates claiming this Reservation quota in OJEE 2019, will not be eligible for admission in Government Colleges to Engineering / MBA /MCA courses and under lateral entry programmes.
- Candidates under this category will be eligible for admission to Private Engineering (B. Tech 1st year only) Institutes / Private Pharmacy (M. Pharm 1st year only) Institutes / Private MBA Institutes / Private Integrated MBA (5years) Institutes /Private MCA Institutes /Private Engineering colleges 2nd year B Tech (Lateral Entry).
Documents Required for OJEE 2019 Reservation
Candidates at the time of verification of documents have to furnish important documents. The failure to produce these documents can lead to cancellation of admission through OJEE. Most of the categories require the ‘Resident of Odisha’ certificate, some need to provide income certificate etc.
The following table will show the documents required for different reserved categories at the time of verification of documents. These certificates should not be issued earlier than January 2019.
|Name of Reserved Category||Documents Required|
|Odisha State Category||Resident /Nativity Certificate or Certificate from Employer|
|SC/ST Category||SC/ST Certificate|
|Green Card Holders||Class 10th passing certificate and Copy of Green Card (issued by Family welfare Scheme, Government Of Odisha)|
|Physically Challenged||Copy of Medical Certificate as issued by competent authority|
|Ex-servicemen||Certificate from Ex-Serviceman Board|
|Women Candidates||Resident of Odisha Certificate|
|Tuition Waiver Scheme||Income Certificate and Resident of Odisha Certificate|
|OL Category||OL Category Certificate|
|Non-Resident Indians||Passport and photocopies, Work permit and certificate of qualifying examination|
Format of Important Certificates in OJEE 2019
The format for certain important documents is provided by the board. Candidates have to produce these documents at the time of document verification in the prescribed format.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College