OJEE Eligibility Criteria 2020 - Qualification, Age, Reservation
Odisha Joint Entrance Examination Board (OJEEB) has released OJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria along witha release of application form. Before applying for the entrance examination, OJEE Aspirants are advised to check the eligibility criteria of the exam. It includes age of the candidate, Educational qualification, nativity and other conditions. Candidates applying for underdraduate courses must have completed 10+2 or any equivalent examination from a recognised board. Those who do not appear for JEE Main are required to appear for OJEE Entrance exam, which will be conducted in Online mode. Click Here Apply for OJEE 2020
- A candidate must be a graduate in any relevant discipline from a recognized board to apply for postgraduate course.
- He/She hold a diploma or bachelor’s degree from a relevant stream to apply for Lateral entry courses.
- Candidates who do not fulfill the required eligibility criteria will not be allowed for the admission in any undergraduate or postgraduate course.
Note: Admissions to B.Tech is done through the rank obtained in JEE Main; NATA Score Card is considered for B.Arch Admissions; MBBS/BDS Admissions are done through scores obtained in NEET.
OJEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria Highlights
- Candidates must be a Citizen of India
- NRI or Pio candidates can also apply for admission but there admission will be for supernumerary seats.
|Age Limit||There is no restriction in age for applying in OJEE 2020 except for B.Tech Marine Engineering which is maximum 22 years at the time of admission.|
|Qualifying Examination||Candidates passed in 10+2 or 10+3 examination from any school in Odisha or outside state.|
|Qualifying Subjects Required||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and one language as a compulsory subject|
|Qualifying Marks||Candidates must have secured at least 45% marks in their qualifying exam. Those belonging to reserved category have to score 40% marks. |
Eligibility Criteria for UG Courses
OJEE Eligibility Criteria 2020 for UG Courses
Eligibility criteria for admission to UG level courses in Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Pharmacy and Integrated MBA requires a candidate to have passed the 10+2 examination of CHSE, Odisha or equivalent.
Percentage and the subjects required in the qualifying examination for different courses are mentioned below:
OJEE Eligibility for B.Pharma
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 examination in science stream with Physics and Chemistry as main subjects along with one subject out of Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational Subject.
- It is important that the candidate passes each subject and the aggregate passing marks should be at least 45% or above.
- There is no prescribed age limit for appearing in OJEE for admission to pharmacy course.
OJEE Eligibility for BHMS and BAMS
- For admission in BHMS and BAMS courses, a candidate must pass 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Botany and Zoology) as compulsory subjects.
- The minimum aggregate marks required is 50% in Physics, Chemistry & Biology together.
- Lower age limit for this course is 17 years as on December 31, 2018.
- As proof of their age, candidates must submit H.S.C. or equivalent certificate during certificate verification at the time of OJEE Counselling.
Eligibility Criteria for PG Courses
OJEE Eligibility Criteria 2020 for PG Courses
OJEE provides admission to various postgraduate courses like Computer Application, Business Administration, Technology, Pharmacy, Architecture and Planning etc.
The minimum eligibility requirement to seek admission in PG courses through OJEE 2020 is that a candidate should have passed or appeared in 2020, bachelor’s degree of examination from any of the University of Odisha or an AICTE approved institute or from a recognised university as defined by UGC. The eligibility criteria for OJEE 2020 for postgraduate courses are as follows:
OJEE Eligibility for MCA
- A candidate must have passed Bachelor’s Degree examination of minimum three years duration in any discipline or should be appearing for the same in 2020.
- The compulsory subject in 10+2 or graduation level in Mathematics. Business Mathematics in the 10+2 will not be counted.
- The minimum qualifying marks should be 50% or above in qualifying examination.
- In case a candidate has passed BCA / BSc (IT/CS/IST/ITM) with mathematics as a subject, they can give the entrance test without Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- There is no age limit to admission to MCA course.
OJEE Eligibility for M.Plan
- Candidate should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Planning, Civil Engineering or a Master’s Degree in Economics, Geography, Sociology, Anthropology, Environmental Science, Statistics, Social Work with specialisation in Community Development and Rural Development.
- Minimum marks required must be at least 50% or more in the qualifying examination.
- There is no age limit for this course.
OJEE Eligibility for MBA
- This course requires the candidate to pass or appear in 2020, bachelor’s degree examination in any discipline of three years.
- Candidates who have passed or are appearing in 2020 in Bachelor’s Degree examination of Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy of at least four/five years can apply for the course too.
- Minimum qualifying marks required in the qualifying examination is 50% marks or more.
- There is no prescribed age limit for admission to MBA course through OJEE.
OJEE Eligibility for Integrated MBA (5 years)
- Candidate must have passed or should be appearing in 10+2 examination.
- All the subjects in the qualifying exam must be passed, and the minimum percentage in all subjects taken together must be 45% marks or above.
- There is a prescribed age limit for admission to Integrated MBA course through OJEE.
NOTE:Admission in this course will be based on the OJEE 2020 rank.
- If the seats remain vacant, the admission will be done based on marks acquired in 10+2 examination.
- In case the seats are still vacant, the Diploma Engineering students and students passed in 10+2 vocational courses will also be allowed for admission.
Candidates will be awarded a Bachelor’s degree in Management (BM) if they want to discontinue the course after three years. If they're going to leave the course after four years, they will be awarded a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Management (BAM). The candidates will be awarded Integrated MBA only after the completion of 5 years.
OJEE Eligibility for M. Tech
M. Tech (Regular)
- Candidates should have passed or should be appearing in 2020 Bachelor’s Degree of examination in the relevant field.
- Minimum marks obtained by the candidate must be at least 50% or above in the qualifying examination.
- There is no age limit for admission to M. Tech (Regular) course.
M. Tech (Part-time)
- Candidate should have cleared a Bachelor’s Degree of examination in the relevant field.
- It is mandatory that candidates have a minimum of two years of full-time work experience in a registered firm / Company / Industry / Educational and / Government, Autonomous Organizations.
- There is no prescribed age limit for admission to M. Tech (Part-Time) course.
OJEE Eligibility for M. Pharma
Candidates who have passed or are appearing in 2020 Bachelor’s Degree of examination or equivalent in Pharmacy are eligible to apply for this course.
The minimum marks required to be secured by the candidate in the qualifying examination is 50%.
OJEE Eligibility for M. Arch.
- For admission in M. Arch. Course, the candidates must pass or appear in 2020 Bachelor’s Degree of examination in the relevant field in Architecture.
- In the qualifying examination, the candidate must obtain a minimum of 50% or more to be eligible for this course.
- OJEE Board has not prescribed any lower or upper age limit for admission to M. Arch. Course.
CheckOJEE 2020 Result
Lateral Entry Courses
OJEE Eligibility Criteria 2020 for Lateral Entry Courses
OJEE will also be conducted for Lateral Entry or admission to second year/ Third semester for undergraduate courses like Engineering/Technology and Pharmacy. The option for Lateral Entry admission is also provided for Master in Computer Application.
To be eligible under Lateral Entry, candidates must pass or appear in 2020 in three-year diploma examination/ first year of bachelor degree program/ bachelor’s degree examination of three years (for MCA course) from an AICTE approved Institute or from a recognised University as defined by UGC.
OJEE Eligibility for LE MCA
- For admission to MCA course, a candidate should pass or appear in 2020 in Bachelor’s Degree examination of minimum three years duration in BCA or B. Sc (IT/ Computer Science/IST/ITM).
- Candidates should have also cleared Mathematics as a compulsory subject at 10+2 level or graduate level. Business Mathematics at the 10+2 level will not be allowed.
- Minimum marks required in the qualifying examination is at least 50% or above.
- There is no age limit to admission to 2nd year MCA under Lateral Entry course.
OJEE Eligibility LE B.Tech
- Candidates must have passed or should be appearing in two-year diploma examination in Engineering and Technology.
- The minimum marks obtained by the candidate must be at least 45% marks or above in the appropriate branch of Engineering/ Technology.
- There is no age limit to admission to this course.
- The resident of Odisha and non-resident of Odisha candidates who have completed their diploma examination outside Odisha and have approval from competent authority can also apply for admission under lateral entry.
- Candidates who completed a diploma in a state other than Odisha will be allowed admission in private engineering colleges according to their OJEE Exam rank. However, they will only get admission if there are vacant seats available after seats reserved for state merit list is filled through centralised counselling. Candidate, both resident and non-residents of Odisha, have to submit the result of final diploma examination as well.
- Candidates who have completed their diploma are also eligible for admission to 1st year of B. Architecture programme. They should have a valid NATA score and minimum marks obtained in diploma must be at least 50% or above.
- The eligibility criteriafor admission to the second year/ third semester of Engineering/ Technology for B.sc candidates require the candidates to pass or appear in 2020, Bachelor’s Degree examination of three years duration in Science.
- The minimum marks obtained in the qualifying examination must be at least 45% marks. The candidate should also have passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject.
- Candidates must also pass the first year engineering programme subjects, Engineering Graphics / Engineering Drawing and Engineering Mechanics to be eligible for lateral entry admission.
- There is no age limit to admission to this course.
- Students who are from B.sc stream will only be selected after the seats for students from diploma stream are filled up.
OJEE Eligibility for LE B.Pharma
Candidates who have passed or are appearing in 2020 in diploma examination of two years after 10+2 examination in Pharmacy from Odisha State Board of Pharmacy (OSBP) or SCTE&VT or an AICTE approved Institution / from a recognised University as defined by UGC are eligible for admission to this course.
The minimum marks required for this course is 45% or above. There is no age limit to admission to this course. Candidates who completed a diploma in a state other than Odisha will be allowed admission in private engineering colleges according to their OJEE Exam rank. However, they will only get admission if there are vacant seats available after seats reserved for state merit list is filled through centralised counselling.
NOTE: The candidates who are residents of Odisha are required to submit the ‘Resident Certificate’ as per the prescribed format, in case they get selected, at the time of verification of documents.
OJEE Reservation Criteria Highlights
OJEE 2020 Reservation Criteria Highlights
|Tuition Fee Wavier||5% (Supernumerary)|
|Outlying Odia (OL)||3% (Only in government Institutes)|
OJEE Reservation Criteria
OJEE 2020 Reservation Criteria
There is provision for a reservation to certain reserved categories in OJEE 2020. The Reservation Criteria in OJEE is provided to candidates from the following categories:
- Odisha State Category
- Green Card Holders
- Physically challenged or Person with Disability
- Wards of Ex-servicemen native of Odisha
- Women Candidates
- Tuition Waiver Scheme
- Odiya speaking candidates residing outside Odisha
- Non-Resident Indians
- Outside State Category
To avail admission under any reserved category candidates must be aware of certain important factors regarding each category. At the time of counselling, candidates selected in OJEE 2020 will be asked to produce a certain set of documents as proof of their claim to a reserved category.
To claim reservation, the candidate has to fulfil the minimum eligibility requirements for OJEE. Also, the different reserved categories have varying percentages of seats reserved in various colleges, the details of which are given below.
Important Points Regarding OJEE Reservation
- There is no reservation of seats under reserved categories for a lateral entry admission to Engineering/Technology degree courses.
- To claim any reservation, candidates must fulfil the OJEE 2020 Reservation Criteria of a said reserved category. In case they don’t fill any criteria, they will not be able to claim the reservation, and their application will be rejected.
- For admission to the ‘Mining Engineering Course’, Person with Disability and Women candidates are not eligible.
- There will be separate merit list published for each reserved category for admission after the declaration of result in the first week of June 2020.
- Every claim for reserved category will require an important document to be submitted from the candidate to prove their reservation claim. If the candidate does not submit the same at the time of counselling, the admission process of the candidate will not go through.
Reservation of Seats in OJEE
- Seats are reserved for different categories for admission to different courses through OJEE 2020, across institutions and colleges.
- These percentages, however, are subject to change and the decision of the State Government will be final.
- Candidates will be notified about the exact number of seats and branches before counselling process on the website, i.e. ojee.nic.in.
- The following table states the reservation of seats for various categories.
|Course Name||SC||ST||Green Card||PwD||Ex-Servicemen||TFW||Women||OL|
|M.Tech/ M.Pharm / M.Arch||8||12||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|MBA/ Integrated MBA(5years)||8||12||5||3||0||0||30||0|
|Lateral Entry Tech/ Lateral Entry Pharma||0||0||0||0||0||5||0||0|
|Lateral Entry MCA||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
Details of Reservation Criteria in OJEE 2020
The following section will help candidates to know the Reservation Criteria for different categories in OJEE 2020. Applicants must note that if they do not fulfil these criteria, then their candidature will be cancelled.
Odisha State Category
To claim reservation under this category, candidates have to meet at least one of the criteria given below:
- The candidate should have passed/appeared 10+2 examination from a recognised institution in the State of Odisha for Bachelor’s Degree. Similarly, the candidate should have completed/appeared +3 Sc / B.Sc. / BCA / B.Tech / B.Pharm / B.Arch/ Bachelor degree for Masters Degree.
- If the candidate has not done their 10+2 examination in Odisha, then one of the parents of the candidate must be native of Odisha. To claim this, candidates will present “Resident/Nativity Certificate” at the time of counselling.
- Candidates who are sons/daughters/ spouse of the employees of the government of Odisha / Govt. of India / Govt. of Odisha Undertakings / Govt. of India undertakings, presently serving in the State of Odisha, can also apply under this reservation category. To claim this, the candidate will submit the ‘certificate from the employer’ at the time of counselling.
- Candidates who are wards of All India Civil Service Officers serving in the State of Odisha can also claim admission under this reservation for admission in Professional / Technical Institutions in Odisha.
Check OJEE 2020 Seat Matrix
All admissions will be based on the rank secured in OJEE 2020. The OJEE 2020 Reserved Categories under Odisha State Categories are discussed below:
- Under this category, candidates belonging to Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe will be able to claim reservation benefits for admission through OJEE 2020.
- To do so, candidates should produce the SC/ST certificate in the prescribed format at the time of counselling.
- Candidates must note that the SC/ST candidates who have migrated from their state of origin to another state will be regarded as SC/SCT candidate of their place of origin and not from the state to which they have migrated.
Green Card Holders
- Candidates claiming Reservation under Green Card Category in OJEE 2020 should present the Green Card of their parents which is issued by Family Welfare Department, Government of Odisha or any other appropriate authority at the time of counselling.
- The personal details of the candidate such as name, date of birth of the candidate along with the parents’ names must be as per the Class 10th passing certificate.
- The reservation for Green Card holders does not apply to M. Tech/M. Pharm/M. Arch/ M Plan Programs.
Also Check OJEE 2020 Seat Allotment
Person with Disability
- Candidates with minimum 40% disabilities would be considered under the PwD category.
- A Medical Board will inspect the medical standards of the candidate and based on their examination of the candidate; the board will declare percentage and type of disability.
- Admission under this category will be based on the final decision of the Medical Board.
- Candidates have to send the medical certificate along with their application. However, they must carry a copy of the medical certificate issued from the competent authority in the examination hall.
Wards of Ex-servicemen
- Candidates applying under this reservation category will be required to present a certificate duly approved by Rajya Sainik Board at the time of verification of documents to claim this reservation.
- Women candidates will only be able to claim this reservation if they are a native of Odisha.
- At the time of verification of documents, women candidates will present the Resident of Odisha Certificate to claim this reservation.
- This reservation is not applicable in Outside State Category, Non-Indian Resident Indians, Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme and Odias belonging to outlying Odia speaking tracts (OL Category).
Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme
- The candidate should be a native of Odisha. Candidate whose parent’s annual income is less than INR 6 lakhs (Rupees Six lakh only) from all sources can claim admission under this reserved category.
- As the name suggests, this scheme is only limited to the tuition fee of the course. All other fees except tuition fee will have to be paid by the candidate.
- At the time of verification of documents, candidates claiming this reservation category should submit ‘Resident Certificate’ and ‘Income Certificate’ in the prescribed format.
Read OJEE Seat Matrix
This category is meant for Odias belonging to outlying Oriya (Odia) speaking tracts. 3 % of seats are reserved in Govt. Engineering colleges. This reservation cannot be claimed for admission to private engineering colleges. However, Candidates can take admission in private colleges under outside state category for private colleges.
This reservation cannot be claimed for admission to MBA/ MCA/ Pharmacy / Lateral Entry / M. Tech/ M. Pharm / M. Arch. / Integrated MBA (5 years) streams. To claim this reservation under this category in OJEE 2020, candidates have to furnish the ‘Resident of Odisha’ certificate at the time of verification of documents.
- The eligibility for candidates under this category requires the applicant to pass 10+2 Science examination from outside Odisha.
Candidates who are Sons and Daughters of an Indian citizen who resides outside India and hold an Indian passport can claim admission based on this reservation category. At the time of verification of documents, the candidate has to submit copies of passport, Work permit, certificate of the qualifying examination.
Outside State Category
Candidates claiming this Reservation quota in OJEE 2020, will not be eligible for admission in Government Colleges to Engineering / MBA /MCA courses and under lateral entry programmes. Candidates under this category will be eligible for admission to Private Engineering (B. Tech 1st year only) Institutes / Private Pharmacy (M. Pharm 1st year only) Institutes / Private MBA Institutes / Private Integrated MBA (5years) Institutes /Private MCA Institutes /Private Engineering colleges 2nd year B Tech (Lateral Entry).
Documents Required for OJEE 2020 Reservation
Candidates at the time of verification of documents have to furnish essential documents. The failure to produce these documents can lead to cancellation of admission through OJEE. Most of the categories require the ‘Resident of Odisha’ certificate; some need to provide income certificate etc.
The following table will show the documents required for different reserved categories at the time of verification of documents. These certificates should not be issued earlier than January 2020.
|Name of Reserved Category||Documents Required|
|Odisha State Category||Resident /Nativity Certificate or Certificate from Employer|
|SC/ST Category||SC/ST Certificate|
|Green Card Holders||Class 10th passing certificate and Copy of Green Card (issued by Family welfare Scheme, Government Of Odisha)|
|Physically Challenged||Copy of Medical Certificate as issued by the competent authority|
|Ex-servicemen||Certificate from Ex-Serviceman Board|
|Women Candidates||A resident of Odisha Certificate|
|Tuition Waiver Scheme||Income Certificate and Resident of Odisha Certificate|
|OL Category||OL Category Certificate|
|Non-Resident Indians||Passport and photocopies, Work permit and certificate of the qualifying examination|
Format of Important Certificates in OJEE 2020
The board provides the format for certain vital documents. Candidates have to produce these documents at the time of document verification in the prescribed format.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College