RPVT 2019 is conducted by the Rajasthan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Bikaner. It is a University Level Entrance Test conducted to provide admission to BVSc. and A.H. Degree course. RPVT 2019 is tentatively scheduled for June 10, 2019 in offline mode.
- The question paper will consist of Objective based Multiple-choice questions.
- There will be 200 total multiple-choice questions in the test.
- The duration of RPVT will be of 3 hours and medium of the paper is English only.
- The minimum eligibility to appear the entrance test is 10+2 with at least 50% of aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
RPVT 2019 Exam Highlights
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen-Paper Based)|
|Number of paper|| 1|
|Number of sections|| 3 (Physics, Chemistry and Biology)|
|Question Paper Type|| Objective based MCQs|
|RPVT 2019 Total Marks||200 marks|
|Exam duration|| 3 hours|
|Exam Language|| English|
RPVT 2019 Exam Pattern in Detail
Rajasthan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Bikaner will be conducting RPVT along with the seat allotment and answer sheet assessment. The syllabus that will be asked in entrance test is based on the syllabus of Class 11 and 12 of Rajasthan Board.
All RPVT 2019 exam aspirants should observe the exam pattern before preparing for the test.
- Total number of questions- 200
- Type of questions asked for RPVT 2019- Objective based Multiple choice questions.
- Duration of the examination- 3 hours
- RPVT 2019 Subjects comprise Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany + Zoology).
- The weightage for the subjects is tabulated below
|Biology (Botany + Zoology)||80|
RPVT aspirants should study the class 11 and 12 syllabi of Rajasthan Board in detail. Any questions based on the topics and chapters can be asked. Thorough knowledge of the topics is required to qualify the entrance test.
RPVT 2019 Marking Scheme
All the details of RPVT 2019 Marking Scheme are listed below:
- 200 multiple-choice questions will be asked with total marks of 200.
- Every question carries one-mark weightage.
- No negative marking will be involved so candidates should answer all the questions.
Read the table highlighting the marking scheme given below
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks allotted for each question|
|Physics||60||One mark will be allotted for every correct answer.|
RPVT 2019 Syllabus
RPVT 2019 will comprise questions from the syllabus of Class 11 and 12. The subjects will include Physics, Chemistry and Biology only. The syllabus will be of Rajasthan Board. Aspirants should study every topic in detail.
The list of topics is listed below.
The topics covered under Physics section include:
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current & Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
Questions from concepts such as thermodynamics, equilibrium, organic chemistry, hydrocarbons, etc. are given more weightage. The other topics covered under this section are:
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
- Organic Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Solid State 3
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p-Block Elements
- d- and f- Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
Biology (Botany +Zoology)
Some topics covered under this section are as follows:
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Genetics and evolution
- Biology and human welfare
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Ecology and environment
RPVT 2019 Recommended Books
RPVT 2019 aspirants can refer to books that are specially published with detailed topics, previous years question papers and model question papers.
For reference, Aspirants can refer to the books listed in the table below.
| All Subjects|| Self Study Guide RPVT 2017 (Hindi)|| Arihant Experts||ISBN-10: 9311124796 ISBN-13: 978-9311124797|
|All Subjects|| All India Pre-Veterinary Test Entrance Examination Guide||RPH Editorial Board|| ISBN-10: 9350120542 ISBN-13: 978-9350120545|
|All Subjects|| Self Study Guide PVT (All India Pre-Veterinary Test)|| Arihant Experts||ISBN-10: 9350940558 ISBN-13: 978-9350940556|
|All Subjects||General Science Paper I||Chand (Author), Johry (Author), Saxena (Author), Kathpalia (Author)||ISBN-10: 9351343537 ISBN-13: 978-9351343530|
RPVT 2019 Important Instructions
Applicants should follow a certain code of conduct, dress code and avoid carrying any written material to the examination hall. All the instructions are listed below:
- Candidates appearing for RPVT 2019 should follow a dress code.
- Both girls and boys should wear light clothes with half sleeves with salwar/trouser.
- The clothes should be without any buttons, flowers badges, or brooches.
- Students should opt Low heels; shoes should be avoided.
- Any item such as textual material, bits of paper, geometry box, pen pouch, writing pad, log table or electronic pen will not be allowed in the exam hall.
- Any electronic material such as pen drive, mobile phone or calculator is strictly prohibited.
- Appearing students should not have any other material than OMR sheet and Question booklet.
- Writing anything on the question paper booklet will be considered as an act of cheating and unfair means.
- None of the applicants is allowed to tear question booklet or OMR sheet for any reason.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the exam hall before completion of the exam and handing over the OMR sheet to the Invigilator.
- The attendance sheet should be signed as a proof that you have appeared for the examination.
- Any unfair practice or any candidate is found cheating during the examination will result in the cancellation of his candidature for the current examination as well as the future RPVT examinations for mentioned period.
- Only black ball point should be used to fill in the circles on the OMR sheet.
- Make sure you fill in the circles completely. In case, the circles are not darkened or filled in properly, the OMR sheet will be rejected by the computing system.
- Candidates should fill in all their details such as Roll number, Booklet number, Booklet series etc. correctly.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College