RPVT 2020 Exam Pattern and Syllabus
RPVT 2020 is conducted by the the Rajasthan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Bikaner. It is a University Level Entrance Test conducted to provide admission to B.V.Sc. and A.H. Degree course. RPVT 2020 will be conducted in the second week of June in offline mode.
RPVT 2020 Application Form is available. Click here
- The question paper consists of Objective-based Multiple-choice questions.
- There are total 180 multiple-choice questions in the test.
- The duration of RPVT is of 3 hours and the medium of the paper will be English and Hindi. In case of ambiguity in translation of questions, the English version will be considered final.
- The minimum eligibility to appear for the entrance test is 10+2 with at least 50% of aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
DownloadRPVT 2020 Admit Card
RPVT 2020 Exam Highlights
|Exam Mode||Offline (Pen-Paper Based)|
|Number of paper|| 1|
|Number of sections|| 3 (Physics, Chemistry and Biology)|
|Question Paper Type|| Objective-based MCQs|
|RPVT 2020 Total Marks|| 180 marks|
|Exam duration|| 3 hours|
|Exam Language|| English|
RPVT 2020 Exam Pattern in Detail
RAJUVAS conducts RPVT along with the seat allotment and answer sheet assessment. The syllabus that is asked in the entrance test is based on the syllabus of Class 11 and 12 of Rajasthan Board.
All RPVT exam aspirants should observe the exam pattern before preparing for the test.
- Total number of questions- 180
- Type of questions- Objective-based Multiple choice questions.
- Duration of the examination- 3 hours
- RPVT Subjects- Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany + Zoology).
- The weightage for the subjects is tabulated below
|Biology (Botany + Zoology)||90|
Note: RPVT aspirants should study the class 11 and 12 syllabi of Rajasthan Board in detail. Any questions based on the topics and chapters can be asked. Thorough knowledge of the topics is required to qualify the entrance test.
RPVT 2020 Marking Scheme
All the details of RPVT Marking Scheme are listed below:
- 180 multiple-choice questions carrying total marks of 180.
- Every question carries one-mark weightage.
- No negative marking is involved so candidates can answer all the questions.
Read the table highlighting the marking scheme given below
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks allotted for each question|
|Physics||45||One mark will be allotted for every correct answer.|
RPVT 2020 Syllabus
RPVT comprises of questions from the syllabus of Class 11 and 12. The subjects includes Physics, Chemistry and Biology only. The syllabus is of Rajasthan Board. Aspirants should study every topic in detail.
The list of topics is listed below.
The topics covered under Physics section include:
- Physical World and Measurement
- Laws of Motion
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of current & Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication Systems
Questions from concepts such as thermodynamics, equilibrium, organic chemistry, hydrocarbons, etc. are given more weightage. The other topics covered under this section are:
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Redox Reactions
- s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)
- Organic Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry
- Solid State 3
- Chemical Kinetics
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- p-Block Elements
- d- and f- Block Elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
Biology (Botany +Zoology)
Some topics covered under this section are as follows:
- Diversity in Living World
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants
- Structure and Function
- Plant Physiology
- Human Physiology
- Genetics and evolution
- Biology and human welfare
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Ecology and environment
RPVT 2020 Recommended Books
RPVT aspirants can refer to books that are specially published with detailed topics, previous years question papers and model question papers.
For reference, Aspirants can refer to the books listed in the table below.
| All Subjects|| Self Study Guide RPVT 2017 (Hindi)|| Arihant Experts||ISBN-10: 9311124796 ISBN-13: 978-9311124797|
|All Subjects|| All India Pre-Veterinary Test Entrance Examination Guide||RPH Editorial Board|| ISBN-10: 9350120542 ISBN-13: 978-9350120545|
|All Subjects|| Self Study Guide PVT (All India Pre-Veterinary Test)|| Arihant Experts||ISBN-10: 9350940558 ISBN-13: 978-9350940556|
|All Subjects||General Science Paper I||Chand (Author), Johry (Author), Saxena (Author), Kathpalia (Author)||ISBN-10: 9351343537 ISBN-13: 978-9351343530|
RPVT 2020 Important Instructions
Applicants should follow a certain code of conduct, dress code and avoid carrying any written material to the examination hall. All the instructions are listed below:
- Candidates appearing for RPVT should follow a dress code.
- Both girls and boys should wear light clothes with half sleeves with salwar/trouser.
- The clothes should be without any buttons, flowers badges, or brooches.
- Students should opt Low heels; shoes should be avoided.
- Any item such as textual material, bits of paper, geometry box, pen pouch, writing pad, log table or electronic pen will not be allowed in the exam hall.
- Any electronic material such as pen drive, mobile phone or calculator is strictly prohibited.
- Appearing students should not have any other material than the OMR sheet and Question booklet.
- Writing anything on the question paper booklet will be considered as an act of cheating and unfair means.
- None of the applicants is allowed to tear question booklet or OMR sheet for any reason.
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave the exam hall before completion of the exam and handing over the OMR sheet to the Invigilator.
- The attendance sheet should be signed as proof that you have appeared for the examination.
- Any unfair practice or any candidate is found cheating during the examination will result in the cancellation of his candidature for the current examination as well as the future RPVT examinations for the mentioned period.
- Only black ballpoint should be used to fill in the circles on the OMR sheet.
- Make sure you fill in the circles completely. In case, the circles are not darkened or filled in properly, the OMR sheet will be rejected by the computing system.
- Candidates should fill in all their details such as Roll number, Booklet number, Booklet series etc. correctly.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College