Table of Contents
RPVT 2020: Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Cutoff
Rajasthan University Of Veterinary And Animal Sciences conducts Rajasthan Pre Veterinary Test (RPVT) for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. Degree course in the competent authority permitted constituent and affiliated private veterinary colleges of RAJUVAS, Bikaner.
The candidates who are willing to apply for the exam must fulfil the eligibility criteria. RPVT 2020 Application Form will be available in online mode at the official website i.e. rajuvas.org in the third week of April. The application fee for the exam is expected to be INR 2000 this year.
RPVT 2020 will comprise of three sections namelyPhysics, Chemistry and Biology (180 objective type questions in total). The exam will be conducted for 3 hours and the specially designed machine-gradable sheet will be provided by the university.
Check RPVT Exam Pattern
RPVT 2020 Result will be declared in the first week of July 2020.
RPVT 2020 Highlights
|Name of the Organization||The Rajasthan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences|
|Name of Exam||Rajasthan Pre Veterinary Test 2020|
|Application Mode||Online Procedure|
|Selection Process||Written Exam|
RPVT 2020 Exam Date
RPVT dates are yet to be declared. Candidates willing to take the exam can go through the tentative dates given below:
|Online Application Form starts from||3rd week of March 2020|
|Submission of on-line application forms and successful final transaction of fee (With late fees)||3rd week of April 2020|
|Correction of data in application form (only request through E-mail- email@example.com)||4th week of April 2020|
|Availability of RPVT Admit Card||3rd week of May 2020|
|RPVT 2020 Exam Date||2nd week of July 2020|
|Result Declaration||1st week of July 2020|
RPVT 2020 Eligibility
Candidates are not allowed to appear for Rajasthan Pre Veterinary Test 2020 exam unless they fulfills the following criteria.
- Candidates must be at least 17 years of age at the time of applying for RPVT 2020 and maximum 25 years of age.
- The age is determined as on December 31, 2019.
- There is an age relaxation of 5 years for reserved category.
- Candidates must qualify the 10+2 level or equivalent examination with Science or Biology (Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology) group from any recognized Indian Board.
- Minimum required percentage for General candidates is 50% marks in aggregate. Whereas, for the reserved category candidates there will be 5% marks relaxation.
- Indian Nationals but of only Rajasthan’s domicile are eligible to apply for RPVT 2020.
RPVT 2020 Application Form
RPVT 2020 Application Form will be available in the third week of March 2020. Candidates willing to apply to the University needed to fill in the application form of the University, and submit the same before the deadline. Candidates must note that they can apply only online through the University website.
To register, candidates were needed to visit the official website and register by filling in personal details and creating a password.
- Visit the official website of RPVT i.e. rajuvas.org.
- Click on Apply Online.
- From the new link, Click on ‘New Registration’.
- Now candidate first needs to register him on the university database by filling the form that appeared, after completing RPVT 2020 Registration candidates can move on to filling the application form.
- After filling the details and uploading the documents, candidates need to pay the fee for the test, which can be filled through online mode only.
- Application fee for RPVT 2020 is INR 2000 for all categories candidates.
- After making the payment, the application form is complete.
- Candidates are advised to take the printout of duly filled form for future reference.
RPVT 2020 Application Fee
It is mandatory for all candidates to submit the application in addition to successful remittance of fee. Along with the application fee, candidates also have to pay the processing charges along with service tax, as made applicable by respective bank/agency.
|For all categories||INR 2000|
|With late fee for all categories candidates||INR 4000|
RPVT 2020 Admit Card
Admit cards are allotted to candidates who have registered successfully for RPVT. Candidates must note that they are notified about the admit card through email/SMS, following which the aspirants can download their respective admit cards from the official website.
Admit Cards are not sent to any candidate via offline post. To download the admit card, candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Visit the official website of RPVT 2020.
- Click on the link – RPVT Admit Card 2020.
- From the new page, click on - Sign in.
- Now a dialogue box will appear, candidates need to enter their User ID and password for logging in.
- After login, candidates will be able to see the option of downloading the admit card.
- Candidates are advised to take at least 2 coloured copies of admit card, for examination purpose as well as for future reference.
RPVT 2020 Exam Centers
RPVT 2020 will be conducted only on the state level. Moreover, candidates of Rajasthan’s domicile only can appear for the entrance. The exam was held at the following centres:
|Exam Venue||Center Code|
Note: Exam centres are allotted as per the choice of candidates. However, the exam centre once allotted can not be changed under any circumstances.
RPVT Exam Pattern
- RPVT comprises of a single paper including 180 objective type questions to be attempted within 3 hours.
- Each question comes up with four answer options. For each incorrect response, one mark is deducted from the total score.
- Candidates have to answer on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using only Black Ball Point Pen as allotted by the university.
- The question paper booklet comes both in English and Hindi language.
- In case of any haziness in the translation of any of the questions, the English version is treated as final.
- More than one answer against one question is considered as an incorrect response which will be marked negatively.
The Question Paper includes 3 sections –
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Biology (Botany and Zoology)||90|
- The Question paper standard of RPVT is as per the syllabus of class 11 and class 12 under the 10+2 level/Pre-Medical/Intermediate Science or an equivalent recognized examination from any Indian University/State Board/CBSE.
- There are three sections of subjects namely: Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
- The model syllabus for RPVT has been displayed subject-wise and class-wise in the table below –
|Class 11||Class 12|
|Physical-world and measurement||Electrostatics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|The behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
|Oscillations and Waves||-|
|Class 11||Class 12|
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid State|
|Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetic|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Equilibrium||p- Block Elements|
|Redox Reactions d and f||Block Elements|
|s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals)||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Some p- Block Elements||Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers|
|Organic Chemistry-Some Basic Principles and Techniques||Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids|
|Hydrocarbons||Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen|
|-||Chemistry in Everyday Life|
|Class 11||Class 12|
|Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants||Genetics and Evolution|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and its Applications|
|Human Physiology||Ecology and environment|
RPVT Recommended Books
Candidates who want to prepare for RPVT can refer to the books given below –
|Name of the Book||Author||ISBN Number|
|Systems Biology and Livestock Scheme||Te Pas||9780470963012|
|Forward-Time Population Genetics Simulations: Methods, Implementation and Applications||Peng||9781118180358|
|Dictionary of DNA and Genome Technology||Singleton||9781118447567|
|Molecular and Cellular Therapeutics||Whitehouse||9781119967309|
|Molecular Analysis and Genome Discovery||Rapley||9781119977438|
RPVT 2020 Result
- Result of RPVT 2020 will be declared in the first week of July.
- The conducting body, RAJUVAS announced RPVT 2020 Result by evaluating the Answer Sheets.
- The merit list of RPVT 2020 will be prepared on the basis of the appeared candidates and as per the marks scored by each candidate.
- It should be noted that no mark sheet will be sent by post by the University.
To check their results, candidates must perform the following steps:
- Visit the official website
- Look for RPVT 2020 Result tab and click on the same
- A list of courses will appear on the screen
- The candidate needs to select the course for which he/she had applied to
- On clicking the course, a pdf will be downloaded
- Click on the pdf file and the same will open in a new window
- The file will contain names of candidates who clear RPVT 2020
RPVT 2020 Cut Off
Here are the Expected Cut off Marks for RPVT 2020 Exam –
|Category||Cut Off||Cut Off Marks|
|General||52 % to 67 %||588|
|OBC||46 % to 63 %||580|
|SC||39 % to 53 %||456|
|ST||39 % to 53 %||377|
|Another category||32 % to 48 %||-|
Note: In case of ties candidates who have a higher score in the science group in the Senior Secondary Level will be given preferences. If the marks of both candidates are equal then the candidate who has qualified the 10+2 level in lesser number of attempts will be preferred.
RPVT 2020 Counselling
Candidates who have successfully completed RPVT 2020 are eligible for the counselling. The counselling will commence shortly after the declaration of result. Candidates eligible for counselling have to apply for the same along with the remittance of the counselling fee. The details will be notified by the authority on their official web domain rajuvas.org shortly after the declaration of RPVT 2020 Result.
During the counselling, it is mandatory for all candidates mentioned original documents, for verification of the admission eligibility. The lists of such documents are as follows:
- Two identical coloured photographs with name and date mentioned on it.
- RPVT 2020 Registration details (Application Form)
- RPVT 2020 Admit card
- RPVT 2020 Result (Hard Copy).
- Mark sheet and Certificate of Senior Secondary or equivalent Examination.
- Mark sheet of 10+2 level.
- Character Certificate given from the school/college last attended.
- Digital Caste Certificate (If any)
- The income certificate of parents if employed in any Government/Public Sector Enterprises/ Autonomous bodies/Private Organizations
- Digital Domicile Certificate issued by Rajasthan State authority
- Transfer Certificate (If any)
- Medical certificate of candidate claiming admission falling under the physically handicapped category.
RPVT 2020 FAQ's
Ques: What is the application fee structure of RPVT 2020?
Ans: Below mentioned is the application fee for candidates applying for RPVT 2020:
- Without Late fees: INR 2000
- With Late fees: INR 4000
Ques: What is the refund policy of RPVT 2020?
Ans: The fees for RPVT is non-refundable and non-transferable
Ques: In-case of failed transaction or double transaction, what is the procedure to claim a refund?
Ans: In case a situation arises where your transaction fails or double transaction takes place, following steps should be undertaken:
- It is advisable to contact the bank for the same and in most case, a refund will be automatically processed by the bank
- If the refund takes a long time, then drop an email on firstname.lastname@example.org along with proof of transaction and scanned copy of passbook
Ques: What are the age criteria?
Ans: Below mentioned is the age criteria for candidates applying for RPVT 2020.
- Minimum criteria: Candidate must have completed 17 years on or before December 31, 2020
- Maximum criteria: For candidates for unreserved category, they must be less than 25 years on December 31, 2020. While for candidates in the reserved category (ST, SC, OBC and MBC) are given 5 years of age relaxation (i.e. 30 years for them)
Ques: What are the essential educational qualification for RPVT 2020?
Ans: In order to stand eligible for RPVT, a candidates is required to meet following educational qualifications:
- Candidate should have done 10+2 in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-tech
- Minimum percentage for the unreserved category is 50%
- For SC, ST, OBC and MBC it is 47.5%
Ques: Are there any domicile criteria for RPVT 2020?
Ans: Yes, the candidate should have the domicile of Rajasthan
Ques: What are the disability clauses for RPVT 2020?
Ans: Following are the 6 categories:
- disability of total body including disability of chest/spine more than 50 per cent.
- disability of lower limb of more than 50 per cent,
- disability of the upper limb,
- visually handicapped candidates and those with hearing disability,
- Candidates with progressive diseases like Myopathies etc.
- Disability which otherwise would interfere in the performance of the duties of a Veterinarian.
Ques: What are the total marks and general pattern of RPVT 2020?
Ans: Below mentioned is the exam pattern for RPVT 2020.
- The test will be OMR (MCQ) type
- There will be a total of 180 questions
- 45 in Physics
- 45 in Chemistry
- 90 in Biology (Botany and Zoology)
Ques: What will be the timing, date and centre for RPVT 2020?
- The examination will be held on June 10, 2020
- Timing is from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm (3 Hours)
- Centre will be either of Bikaner or Jaipur
Ques: What are the different languages in which RPVT will be conducted?
Ans: Only two medium of language is used, English and Hindi
Ques: Are there any correction facility for the online application form?
Ans: Candidates can send an email on email@example.com between April 23 to April 25, 2020, with the required details
Ques: What are the criteria for a photograph?
- The photo should a coloured one with a white background
- It should have been taken on or after 01st January 2020
- Date and Name should be written at the bottom of the photograph
- Also, keep 4 extra pictures of the same photo for future use in RPVT
Ques: What is the reporting time for RPVT 2020?
- Centre will open at 08:30 am
- No entry will be allowed after 09:30 am
Ques: What are the things to carry in the examination centre?
- Admit card
- Passport size photo
- Self-attested copy of Aadhar Card or any other ID along with original ID
Ques: Are there any dress code for RPVT 2020?
- Light clothes with half sleeves not having big buttons, brooch/badge, flower etc. with Salwar/ Trouser.
- Slippers, sandals with low heels and not the shoes.
Ques: What is the penalty for UFM (Unfair means) practice?
- Cancellation of the present examination
- Debarring the candidate for giving any future RPVT
- Apart from the above penalties, candidates are liable for criminal action as per the applicability
Ques: What is the marking system in RPVT?
- For each correct answer, the candidate will get 4 marks.
- A penalty of negative 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- No penalty for unanswered questions.
Ques: When will the answer keys of RPVT 2020 publish?
Ans: Answer key will be published on RAJUVAS website on June 13, 2020
Ques: When will the result for RPVT 2020 be published?
Ans: Result has been published at rajuvas.org on July 2, 2020
Ques: What are the reservation policies for RPVT 2020?
- 16% are reserved for SC candidates. Out of this 16%, 25% of the seats are reserved for girl candidates.
- 12% are reserved for ST candidates. Out of this 12%, 45% are reserved for ST belonging to the Scheduled tribal area as notified by Govt. of Rajasthan.
- 21% are for OBC candidates. Out of this 21%, 25% of seats are reserved for girls.
- 01% is reserved for most backward class (MBC) candidates.
Ques: What are the rules for breaking a tie in the result?
- Candidates scoring more marks in Science biology in 10+2 is preferred.
- In-case both candidates have scored equal marks, then candidates passed this examination with less number of attempts is preferred.
- If the tie remains then candidates scoring more marks in SSC will be preferred
Ques: Are there any medical examination for physical fitness?
Ans: Candidate needs to submit a Physical fitness certificate from Medical Jurist of Govt. hospital / Medical college.
Ques: What is the correspondence address in case of the further query?
Rajasthan University of Veterinary & Animal Sciences,
Bikaner, Bijey Bhawan Palace Complex,
Near Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyay Circle,
Bikaner -334001, Rajasthan
Ques: What is the link to the official brochure/booklet for comprehensive guidance of RPVT 2020?
- Check the information brochure.
- Apart from admission procedures, candidates can find the complete syllabus for RPVT in the information booklet.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College