TANCA 2019 Counselling Dates, Call Letter, Rank List and Seat Allotment
TANCA Counselling 2019: DTE, Tamil Nadu has released TANCA Rank Lists and Counselling Schedule. Candidates have to participate in the counselling from August 27 – 30, 2019, based on their ranks. Download TANCA Counselling Schedule
Candidates have to download the Call Letters to attend TANCA Counselling from the official website by logging in with their registration Number and password. Direct Link to Check GATE & TANCET Rank Lists
- The registration for TANCA Counselling was open from June 24 – August 5, 2019.
- TANCET 2019 and GATE qualified candidates can participate in TANCA counselling for admission in M.E/ M.Tech courses
- The counselling process involves Online Application Registration and Submission, Publication of Rank Lists, Download Call Letter and Attend Counselling.
- The competent authority will prepare 3 separateTANCET 2019 Rank Lists for admission.
- The rank lists are prepared on the basis of TANCET Score obtained by the candidate. However, Gate qualifiers can directly participate in the counselling.
- The counselling will take place at the chosen centers and admissions will be done purely on the basis of TANCET 2019 Cutoff.
- There are more than 442 TANCET Participating Colleges in Tamil Nadu. These include government aided and self-financed colleges.
We suggest you to check the seat availability status of participating colleges, after each round of counselling of TANCET 2019. Based on the number of seats, the number of counselling rounds will be decided. Read on to know more about TANCET counselling, TANCA, Merit List, Seat Allotment, Procedure and Important Dates.
TANCET 2019 Counselling Dates
TANCA Counselling Dates
Given below is the schedule for TANCA Counselling 2019:
|Declaration of TANCET 2019 Result||July 5, 2019 (Out)|
|TANCA Counselling Registration Dates||July 24 – August , 2019|
|Release of TANCA Rank List ||August 22, 2019|
|Counselling for GATE and PWD candidates under TANCET Category||August 27, 2019|
|Counselling for TANCET Category||August 28 – 30, 2019|
|SCA to SC Counselling||August 30, 2019|
TANCET MBA Counselling Dates
Given below is the schedule for TANCET MBA Counselling 2019:
|TANCET 2019 MBA Counselling Registration Began on||July 15, 2019|
|Last date of TANCET MBA Counselling Registration ||August 3, 2019 (5:30 PM)|
|Release of Rank List||August 12, 2019 (Out)|
|TANCET MBA Counselling and Seat Allotment ||August 21 – 28 (as per rank list)|
Who is Eligible for TANCA Counselling?
Candidates who have passed all the subjects in the recognised Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent field and obtained at least 50 % (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved categories) in the qualifying degree examination as per AICTE norms are eligible.
Further, the candidates shall possess
- TANCET 2019 marks (or)
- GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 qualified score in the appropriate discipline of Engineering / Technology (or)
- GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 qualified score in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) papers along with TANCET 2019 marks.
How to Register for TANCA Counselling 2019
Applications have to be registered separately for each category GATE – Engineering / Technology, GATE – Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science (XL) / TANCET / Sponsored. Candidates other than GATE (Engineering / Technology) category must have appeared for TANCET 2019. Candidates must have eligible qualification for admission. Candidates have to follow below mentioned steps to register:
- Candidates have to register through online mode only at the Web portal annauniv.edu/tanca2019.
- Candidates have to enter valid and active mobile number and email ID as all the communication to them will be sent only to this registered e-mail id and mobile number.
- Enter details such as Marks, Percentage of Marks, Year of Passing, Board / Institute details, Category and other relevant details.
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph as per the specifications given in the guidelines.
- After entering all the details, choose save / submit button.
- Preview the filled forms once and make any changes, if required, as any discrepancy can get the application rejected.
- Finally, click submit and save button and move to online fee payment.
TANCA Registration Fees
- Candidates have pay the application fees of INR 500 for General category and INR 250 for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu.
- A candidate applying for more than one category has to pay INR 500 (INR 250 for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) for each additional category.
Documents Required for TANCA Counselling 2019
Candidates have to upload scanned images of the following documents while registering for TANCA counselling:
- X Std. Mark Sheet
- XII Std. Mark Sheet or Diploma (3 years) Certificate
- Qualifying Degree certificate, provisional certificate and mark sheets of all semesters or Consolidated mark sheet.(Copy of both sides should be uploaded)
- Transfer certificate from the institution last studied
- Valid GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 scorecard for GATE (Engineering / Technology) category
- Valid GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 score card and TANCET 2019 hall ticket for GATE (Engineering Science-XE / Life Science -XL) category
- TANCET 2019 Hall Ticket for TANCET category and for Sponsored full-time category
- ‘Permanent Community Certificate’ in card format or electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate in the case of BC, BC Muslim, MBC / DNC & SC/SC(Arunthathiyars)/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu.
- Certificate of Disability for Differently Abled Person (if applicable)
- Nativity Certificate only in electronic form / digitally signed e-Certificate. (if applicable)
- Copy of identification certificate obtained from the Head Quarters Tahsildar or Visa, Passport and letter registered in Police Station (For Srilankan Refugee candidates)
- Experience Certificate (if applicable).
Registration for Sponsored Category
Sponsored Category gets Admission only in University Departments of Anna University, Chennai – 25
A limited number of unfilled GATE seats (Full-Time mode) is available after GATE Counselling will be considered under sponsored Full-Time Category for the candidates employed and sponsored by the Government / Government Organisations / Government Aided Educational Institutions under sponsored category in the University Departments of Anna University, Chennai i.e. (College of Engineering Guindy, A.C. College of Technology, School of Architecture & Planning and Madras Institute of Technology Campuses).
Sponsored Registered Professional Architects with a minimum of five yearsof professional experience will be considered for admission to M.Arch. degree programme under Sponsored Category at University Department, School of Architecture & Planning, Anna University, Chennai - 25.
All the candidates under sponsored category should have appeared in TANCET 2019.
The candidates admitted under sponsored category in the University Departments of Anna University, Chennai shall satisfy the conditions given below:
- Be deputed with full pay and allowances during the period of study.
- Have obtained at least 50 % marks in aggregate in the qualifying degree examination.
- Have a minimum of two years of full time experience in the relevant field of the programme to which admission is sought after passing the qualifying degree.
How to Apply Sponsored Category
The candidates who intend to apply for seats under sponsored category should
- have appeared in TANCET 2019.
- apply through Online in the web portal-annauniv.edu/tanca2019.
- take a print out of the filled – in online application.
- send the filled – in application through proper channel with necessary documents enclosed to one of the following addresses based on the choice of college
|Name of the College||Send Application to|
|University Departments of Anna University, Chennai –600 025||The Director (Admissions), Anna University, Chennai – 600 025|
|Government Engineering Colleges||The Principal, Government College of Technology, Thadagam Road, Coimbatore – 641 013|
|Government Aided Engineering College||The Principals of Colleges Concerned|
TANCA Counselling 2019
- Seats will be allotted through counselling only. More number of candidates than the actual number of seats available will be called for counselling.
- Candidates are advised to check the seats available in the web portal.
- Admission will be offered depending upon the seats available based on the merit of the candidates who attend counselling as per the reservation norms of Government of Tamil Nadu and others cannot claim any right for admission.
- A candidate can get allotment for one programme only.
- GATE category candidates must appear for counselling with GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 score card.
- Unfilled seats if any, under GATE category will be converted to TANCET category in the respective communities.
- Candidates should download the Call Letter, only from Anna University webportal by entering their TANCA application number, Name and Date of Birth.
- Counselling will be held at Anna University, Chennai – 25.
- Candidates should attend the counselling at their own cost with all the original certificates.
- At the time of counselling, the candidates have to pay Rs. 5,300/- (Rs. 1,150/- for SC / SCA / ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) in the form of a Demand Draft, which includes a nonrefundable fee of Rs. 300/-towards counselling fee (Rs.150/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu) and attend the counselling with all the original certificates. The Demand Draft should be drawn in favour of “The Secretary, TANCA, Anna University” payable at Chennai.
- Once a seat is allotted, the amount of Rs.5,000/- for general category or Rs.1,000/- for SC/SCA/ST candidates already paid at the time of counselling will be adjusted towards the tuition fee to be paid to the respective allotted college.
TANCET 2019 Merit List Preparation
For admissions into courses viz. M.Tech/ M.E/ M.Arch/ M.Plan, TANCA creates 3 separate TANCET Rank Lists considering counselling in three categories:
GATE (Engineering / Technology): The merit list will be prepared based on GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 SCORE in the appropriate discipline of Engineering / Technology.
GATE (Engineering Sciences ( X E ) / Life Sciences ( X L ) category: The merit list will be prepared based on GATE 2017 / 2018 / 2019 SCORE in Engineering Science (XE) and Life Science ( X L ) papers and TANCET 2019 MARK with a weightage of 70:30.
A common merit list will be prepared for GATE (Engineering / Technology) and GATE (Engineering Sciences ( X E ) / Life Sciences ( X L ) category
The merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in TANCET 2019.
- The merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in TANCET 2019 (Admission only in University Departments of Anna University, Chennai-25).
- Inter-se-merit: When more than one candidate have got the same marks in TANCET – 2019, the candidate having higher average percentage of marks obtained in the qualifying degree examination will be placed in higher rank in the merit list.
- The merit list will be published in Anna University web portal.
TANCET 2019 Seat Allotment
- During TANCET Counselling, candidates will be asked to choose colleges along with their appropriate branches from list of all the colleges affiliated to TANCET 2019.
- Candidates are advised to stay informed about the college they are choosing during counselling.
- Allotted seats to the candidate are subject to vacant seats in the college and common merit list prepared.
- Candidate with better rank in common merit list will be given preference over other candidates during allotment of seats.
- Candidates can attend the second and even third counselling, if he/she is not satisfied with the allotted college.
- Candidates absent in the first phase of counselling or second phase of counselling will not be allowed to attend next and there on phases of TANCET 2019 Counselling.
- Colleges allocated in the last round will be considered final.
Check TANCET Participating Colleges with Fees
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College