Candidates should check the eligibility criteria laid down by the Anna University before filling the TNEA Application Form. A candidate must have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized board to be eligible to apply for the exam. Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in 12th class in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. While Reserved Category students must be secured 40% marks.
Candidates can apply for TNEA 2019 from first week of May till June 3, 2019. A/application forms are available on the TNEA official website.
Here is all the information regarding TNEA 2019 (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission) Eligibility Criteria.
TNEA 2019 Nativity
Candidates belonging to the native state of Tamil Nadu have to take care of the following instructions while applying for TNEA 2019:
- Applicants who have passed 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Std. in Tamil Nadu are qualified for the exam. They need not include Nativity Certification.
- Candidates who have passed any of the 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Std. or their equivalent from educational organizations located outside Tamil Nadu can also apply. They must include a duplicate copy of Nativity Certificate only in form of a soft copy/ digitally signed e-Certificate.
- Son or Daughters of Central Government Employees may also apply for admission, irrespective of their local, provided their mother and father or parents (only if both parents are not alive) have been employed in Tamil Nadu consistently for the past 5 years at the t, which should be of application, supported by attaching certificates from the company of parents or guardian to that impact.
- Kids of All Indian Service Tamil Nadu cadre authorities are eligible to apply for the admissions.
- Kids of employees in Public Sector or Government recognized Institution who at the time of admission process employed in Tamil Nadu continuously for the past 5 years can also apply. They don’t need to have domicile for it. A certificate from the company has to be submitted along with the application stating that the individual is a permanent member of the Company with proof like Income Tax Return, PF slips, etc. for past 5 years.
- Other state applicants who have passed 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Std. in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. They need not include “Nativity Certificate”.
Read TNEA Reservation Criteria
Other General Instructions To Be Noted Are Given Below
- Candidates not submitting their nativity certificate in all the categories mentioned above, wherever is required, will not be considered for the exam
- Tamil Nadu local applicants alone will be looked at for communal reservation. Others will be considered under “Open Competition”.
Srilankan Tamil Refugees
All those candidates who are Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee recognized in Tamil Nadu will be regarded under open competition. They have to submit the following:
- Recognition certification from the Go Areas Tahsildar.
- Those who have not listed in the refugee camping should submit a duplicate of passport, Visa and letter registered with the police station.
Qualifying Examinations And Eligibility
Candidates are required to meet the eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- Candidate must have passed HSC (Academic) with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects.
- Candidate belonging to general category must have passed HSC (Academic) with an aggregate of 50%.
- Candidate belonging to Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim must have passed HSC (Academic) with an aggregate of 45%.
- Candidate belonging to MBC (Most Backward Classes) and DNC (Denotified Class) must have passed HSC (Academic) with an aggregate of 45%.
- Candidate belonging to SC/SCA/ST (Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Caste sub-category/ Scheduled Tribe) must have passed HSC (Academic) with an aggregate of 45%.
- Candidate must have passed HSC (vocational) with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects.
- Candidate belonging to general category must have passed HSC (vocational) with an aggregate of 50%.
- Candidate belonging to Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim must have passed HSC (vocational) with an aggregate of 45%.
- Candidate belonging to MBC and DNC must have passed HSC (vocational) with an aggregate of 45%.
- Candidate belonging to SC/SCA/ST must have passed HSC (vocational) with an aggregate of 45%.
Eligibility For Marine Engineering Branch
Given below are the eligibility criteria for candidates applying for the Marine Engineering Degree Programme:
- Candidate must have passed class 12 with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects.
- Candidate must have passed class 12 with an aggregate of 60% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry
- Candidate must have passed class 12 with a minimum of 50% in the English subject.
- The upper age limit for a candidate is 25 years.
- The candidate must be minimum 157 centimetres in height
- He or she must weigh minimum 48 kg.
- The candidate must have a normal colour vision.
The candidate who has applied for the Marine Engineering Degree Programme will be medically examined before giving the admission. The Medical Officer authorized by the Director General of Shipping will issue a certificate of medical fitness on the basis of which admission to the candidates will be granted.
Eligibility Criteria For Mining Engineering Branch
The Eligibility Criteria for Mining Engineering course are mentioned below:
- As per Mines Act 1952, 46, No woman will be employed:
- In any part of mine below the ground.
- In any mine above ground except between the hours of 6 A.M. and 7 P.M.
- As per Coal Mines Regulation 1957, 86, no woman or adolescent will go up or go down using a shaft in a cage or other means of conveyance unless they are accompanied by one or more adult males.
- They have to meet the academic norms of Anna University.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College