TNEA 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates should check the eligibility criteria laid down by the Anna University before filling the TNEA Application Form. Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination from a recognised board to be eligible to apply for the TNEA 2020.
- Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in 12th class in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- 40% of marks are mandatory for candidates belonging to reserved Category.
- TNEA Application Process will start in the first week of May 2020.
Below given is the complete information regarding TNEA 2020 (Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission) Eligibility Criteria.
TNEA 2020 Nativity
Candidates belonging to the native state of Tamil Nadu have to take care of the instructions given below while applying for TNEA 2020.
- Applicants who have passed 10+2 Std. in Tamil Nadu can apply for TNEA. They need not include Nativity Certification.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 Std. Or their equivalent from educational organisations located outside Tamil Nadu can also apply. They must include a duplicate copy of Nativity Certificate only in the form of a soft copy/ digitally signed e-Certificate.
- Son or Daughters of Central Government Employees may also apply for admission, irrespective of their local, provided their mother and father or parents (only if both parents are not alive) have been employed in Tamil Nadu consistently for the past 5 years, supported by attaching certificates from the company of parents or guardian to that impact.
- Wards of All Indian Service Tamil Nadu cadre authorities are eligible to apply for the admissions.
- Wards of employees in the Public Sector or Government recognised Institution in Tamil Nadu working continuously for the past five years can also apply. They don’t need to submit domicile certificate for it. A certificate from the company has to be submitted along with the application stating that the individual is a permanent member of the company with proof like Income Tax Return, PF slips, etc. for past five years.
- Other state applicants who have passed 12th Std. in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. They don’t need to include “Nativity Certificate”.
Read TNEA Reservation Criteria
Other General Instructions To Be Noted Are Given Below
- Candidates not submitting their nativity certificate (if needed) in all the categories mentioned above, will not be considered for the exam.
- Tamil Nadu local applicants alone will be looked at for communal reservation. Others will be found under “Open Competition”.
Srilankan Tamil Refugees
All the candidates who are Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee recognised in Tamil Nadu will be regarded under open competition. They have to submit the following:
- Recognition Certification from the Go Areas Tahsildar.
- Those who have not listed in the refugee camping should submit a duplicate of passport, visa and letter registered with the police station.
Qualifying Examinations And Eligibility
Candidates are required to meet the eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- Candidate must have passed HSC (Academic/ Vocational) with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects.
- Candidate belonging to general category must have passed HSC (Academic/ Vocational) with an aggregate of 50%.
- Candidate belonging to Backward Class including Backward Class Muslim must have passed HSC (Academic/ Vocational) with an aggregate of 45%.
- Candidate belonging to MBC (Most Backward Classes) and DNC (Denotified Class) must have passed HSC (Academic/ Vocational) with an aggregate of 45%.
- Candidate belonging to SC/SCA/ST (Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Caste sub-category/ Scheduled Tribe) must have passed HSC (Academic/ Vocational) with an aggregate of 45%.
Eligibility For Marine Engineering Branch
Candidates applying for Marine Engineering through TNEA 2020 will have to fulfil a few more eligibility criteria. Given below are the eligibility criteria for candidates applying for the Marine Engineering Degree Programme.
- Candidate must have passed class 12 with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects with an aggregate of 60% marks.
- Candidate must have passed class 12 with a minimum of 50% in the English subject.
- The upper age limit for a candidate is 25 years.
- Candidate must be a minimum of 157 centimetres in height and a minimum of 48 kg in weight.
- Candidate must have a standard colour vision.
Candidates who have applied for the Marine Engineering Degree Programme will be medically examined before admission. The Medical Officer authorised by the Director General of Shipping will issue a certificate of medical fitness based on which admission to the candidates will be granted.
Read TNEA 2020 Selection Process
Eligibility Criteria For Mining Engineering Branch
The Eligibility Criteria for Mining Engineering course are mentioned below:
- As per Mines Act 1952, 46, No woman will be employed.
- In any part of mine below the ground.
- In any mine above ground except between the hours of 6 A.M. and 7 P.M.
- As per Coal Mines Regulation 1957, 86, no woman or adolescent will go up or go down using a shaft in a cage or other means of conveyance unless they are accompanied by one or more adult males.
- They have to meet the academic norms of Anna University.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College