TNEA Reservation Criteria 2021 is based on the rules and guidelines laid down by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Students seeking admission under reservation criteria should give their option for Special Reservation category while filling TNEA Application Form 2021.
There are specific categories like OC (Open Competition), BC (Backward Class), BCM (BC Muslim), MBC (Most Backward Class), DNC (Denotified Communities), SC (Scheduled Caste), SCA (Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)) and ST (Scheduled Tribe) which are offered admissions through TNEA 2021.
TNEA 2021 Category-Wise Seat Distribution
As per the rules for TNEA Reservation Criteria 2021, the selection of the candidate will be based on seven categories. These seven categories are- OC, BC, BCM (BC Muslim), MBC and DNC, SC, SCA and ST reservation.
According to the Government of Tamil Nadu, TNEA Reservation Criteria for the seven categories is tabulated in the table below:
|Open Competition (OC)||31%|
|Backward Class (BC)||26.50%|
|Backward Class Muslim (BCM)||3.50%|
|Most Backward Class and Denotified Communities (MBC and DNC)||20%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||1%|
- Communal reservation is strictly considered for the natives from Tamil Nadu. The community recorded in the certificate of Tamil Nadu native candidate should fall under the list of communities approved by the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates must have his/her Community Certificate in permanent card format or electronic form or digitally signed e-certificate from the specified authorities on or before the last date prescribed for submission of online application.
- Candidates must keep a note that certificates obtained from any other state will not be considered for document verification.
- Candidates belonging to a specific community from the district must obtain his/her certificate from the respective district. The certificate must be received on or after 28th October 2009.
- A candidate who does not submit the permanent community certificate at the time of filling the application form shall fall under open competition category.
- ST / SC / SCA / MBC & DNC / BC / BCM candidates can also apply under Open Competition in addition to the reservation made for them.
Below is the list of issuing authority for various categories
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||Revenue Divisional Officer / Sub Collector of their native place (except Chennai) or P.A. (General) to the Collector of Chennai. The Community Certificate card issued by Tahsildars up to 11.11.1989 is valid.|
|Scheduled Caste/ scheduled caste (Arunthathiyars)||Tahsildar of Native Taluk of the candidate|
|Backward Class / Backward Class (Muslim) / Most Backward Class / Denotified Communities.||Headquarters Deputy Tahsildar / Zonal Deputy Tahsildar / Deputy Tahsildar (Certificates)|
TNEA Special Reservation 2021
Special Reservation in TNEA 2021 is only for the candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu. Separate authorities process application forms for TNEA 2021 first reservation. Candidates who wish to seek admission in Anna University may take note of the reservation quota for special categories from the table presented below:
|Category||Number of Seats|
|-||University Departments And University Colleges||Government And Government Aided Colleges||Self-Financing Colleges|
|Sons/Daughters Of Ex-Servicemen||8||34||108|
|Sons/Daughters Of Freedom Fighters||2||2||6|
|Orthopedically Differently Abled Persons||1 % Of Total Seats Under Single Window System|
|Hearing Impaired||1 % Of Total Seats Under Single Window System|
|Visually Impaired||1 % Of Total Seats Under Single Window System|
|-||University Department||University Colleges/Government/Aided And Self-Financing Colleges|
|Eminent Sports Person||12||488|
Some of the Important Information regarding TNEA 2021 Special Reservation is given below:
- Candidates who wish to seek admission under the category of “Sons/Daughters of ex-servicemen” must enclose their certificate as directed by an officer of the Department of Ex-Servicemen’s Welfare of Tamil Nadu.
- A candidate seeking admission in the category mentioned above must produce a charge certificate and valid ID proof of ex-serviceman.
- Candidates applying under the category of “Sons/Daughters of freedom fighters”, have to submit a duplicate copy of the Jail Extracts or in its absence, Co-prisoner’s Certificate or certificate from Ex-Chief Minister or Ex-Minister or Ex-member of Legislature or Ex-member of Parliament as a proof.
- Candidates under “Orthopedically Differently Abled Persons, Hearing impaired and visually impaired” have to submit a certificate from the Medical Board of the District concerned providing information about the nature and extent of disability in percentage.
- Candidates applying for special categories are also eligible for a TNEA Counselling session.
Also Check TNEA Selection Process
TNEA 2021 Reservation for Physically Disabled Candidates
Candidates with orthopaedic disability are eligible for claiming Engineering Admission against the Differently Abled Person category. A candidate is considered to be disabled under this category if he/she has a physical impairment of 40% or above.
- The candidate will be considered disabled with the hearing ability of 40 Decibels and above only in the better ear with a speech discrimination score of 50 % and above.
- With a low vision of 40% and above, the candidate is considered as disabled and hence is eligible for claiming Engineering Admission against Differently Abled Person category.
- Candidate has low vision when his/her sight is less than 6/18 to 6/60 with the best correction in the better eye. One-eyed persons with normal vision are not considered as disabled.
TNEA Reservation Criteria 2021 FAQs
Ques. What is the percentage of TNEA 2021 seats reserved under open competition?
Ans. 31% of seats in TNEA 2021 are reserved under the open category.
Ques. What is the percentage of TNEA 2021 seats reserved under backward classes?
Ans. 26.5% of seats in TNEA 2021 are reserved under the backward classes category.
Ques. What is the percentage of TNEA 2021 seats reserved under BCM?
Ans. 3.5% of seats in TNEA 2021 are reserved under the BCM category.
Ques. What is the percentage of TNEA 2021 seats reserved under MBC and DNC?
Ans. 20% of seats in TNEA 2021 are reserved under the MBC and DNC category.
Ques. What is the percentage of TNEA 2021 seats reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates?
Ans. 15% of seats in TNEA 2021 are reserved under the scheduled caste category.
Ques. What is the percentage of TNEA 2021 seats reserved for scheduled tribe candidates?
Ans. 1% of seats in TNEA 2021 are reserved under the scheduled tribe category.
Ques. What is the percentage of TNEA 2021 seats reserved for Arunthathiyar candidates?
Ans. 3% of seats in TNEA 2021 are reserved for Arunthathiyars.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.